Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-14-2019, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 06/14

Here are some fun questions to answer to help us all get to know each other a little better....
  1. What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day?
  2. Have you tried a new recipe lately?
  3. Do you speak any other languages?
  4. What are you looking forward to this wkend?
  5. What was your favorite subject in school?
Old 06-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I'd curl up in my chair with an afghan, Taz at my feet, a coffee and snack and binge watch something on the PVR or Netflix.
2. This wk I made pork tenderloin in the instant pot and it was deliciious.
3. I speak only English but wish I could. I failed miserably at French in school as a kid.
4. We're going to our trailer tonight so hubs and I will go into Bellingham shopping tomorrow, want to look at some kitchen stuff and maybe buy some clothes. When we come back on Sunday we're all going to see the Elton John movie Rocketman.
5. I hated history class. I didn't find it interesting at all.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day?
Not drive in it. If it only rained from 10 pm to 6 am, I'd be so happy. It is so hard for me to see at night when it's raining.

Have you tried a new recipe lately?
Yes! We tried an Indian Butter Chicken recipe from Street Kitchen this week. Delicious!

Do you speak any other languages?
I can still read French fairly well after having taken 5 years of it in high school & college but I can't really speak it anymore.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?
I'm going to see the new movie "Late Night" with a friend tonight & I'm volunteering at our local Pride festival Saturday afternoon. The kids will be gone for Fathers' Day so Sunday will be pretty lowkey after church & going out to lunch with my dad. I'm hoping to go through the basement and toss all of the old/broken/missing parts toys since the kids won't be there to whine about it! Then again I might change into my jammies at 2 pm on Sunday & bingewatch "Outlander." We'll see how I feel.

What was your favorite subject in school?
English, of course. Words make so much sense to me. Numbers do not.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? watch it, but not have to work in it. That's the worst.
Have you tried a new recipe lately? I try new pinterest recipes all the time.
Do you speak any other languages? I speak very broken German. I have always wished I could speak it more fluently.
What are you looking forward to this wkend? Having Saturday off with the only plans being the gym & grocery store. Maybe we will go to the lake in the evening.
What was your favorite subject in school? English
Old 06-14-2019, 05:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? Scrap or curl up on the couch and watch movies all day.

Have you tried a new recipe lately? Nope, but we tried a new restaurant last night, yummy!

Do you speak any other languages? Nope!

What are you looking forward to this wkend? Being lazy and catching up on Passport challenges.

What was your favorite subject in school? English and Graphic Arts

Old 06-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

double post
Old 06-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

1. What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day?
    watching netflix or reading a book with a big cup of tea
  2. Have you tried a new recipe lately?
    Since i'm eating lowcarb for a year now, i tried a lot of things recently i made a pasta oven meal with cucumbers we all were very suprised how tasty it was, even the kids loved it
  3. Do you speak any other languages?
    Next to my first language (Dutch) i speak English and i understand german...
  4. What are you looking forward to this wkend?
    Nothing specific really we had to take my FIL to the hospital yestrday morning so we going to visit him... But i prevered more to just visit him at home and not like this... I do look forward for fathers day to see the kids be happy spoiling their daddy.
  5. What was your favorite subject in school?
    Language English

Old 06-14-2019, 06:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? Well, I live in Seattle, so it's just a typical day lol
Have you tried a new recipe lately? I'm always trying new recipes! When my sister visited last weekend, she brought some homemade spice mixes that I'm looking forward to trying.
Do you speak any other languages? I took a couple years of German in high school and a year of Spanish in college. My older boys are currently taking Spanish and my 2 year old attends a Spanish immersion school during the day. I cannot fluently speak Spanish, but can read a bit.
What are you looking forward to this wkend? Just relaxing. My middle son has a triple header on Saturday (baseball). I also made reservations for Father's day brunch on Sunday.
What was your favorite subject in school? Academically, I liked science, but for fun I liked art and PE. I'm good at math, but I didn't prefer it to science.

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 06-14-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? - Read a book or scrap

Have you tried a new recipe lately? - Not recently but a couple weeks ago. I'd saved a delicious looking banana cream pie recipe for years before I finally got around to making it. It tasted like fake banana flavored Laffy Taffy. Gross. It went in the trash along with the recipe.

Do you speak any other languages? Yep though I could stand for some practice again. One of my degrees is Fine Arts - Spanish and used to work for the Mexico division for Schneider National where I spoke/emailed/worked etc in Spanish all day. I would love to learn another language, particularly ASL as I've always found it interesting and after experiencing some permanent hearing loss this past year it's moved up my list of priorities.

What are you looking forward to this wkend? The kiddos' last day of school yesterday (finally!) and we are just enjoying relaxing around the house, doing some yard work and getting the house ready for family coming to visit next month. Not much different than a regular weekend during school except that we know we can work at our own pace because there's no longer a schedule attached. That's my favorite part about summer...doing whatever we feel like at the moment. Oh yeah, and the kiddos are taking Daddy out to eat and shopping for Father's Day. They're getting him a tie and he's actually excited about it. LOL... We joke b/c ties are the boring "not another one" present but he's had to wear ACU's for so many years that he doesn't have all that many ties for his new position and actually wants some.

What was your favorite subject in school? Spanish and Yearbook (surprise surprise!)

Last edited by KingsQueen82; 06-14-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here are some fun questions to answer to help us all get to know each other a little better....
Read, nap, scrap!
Nope. Pretty boring cook!

Nope. My 4 years of high school spanish are a very distant memory by now!

What are you looking forward to this wkend?
Being home! Driving back from NJ to OH tomorrow

I've been out of school so long I can't even remember, feel really old!
Old 06-14-2019, 09:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't been around much the last few weeks, so hi, everyone!

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? Stay inside and scrap!

Have you tried a new recipe lately? Not a specific recipe, but I've tried different ways of flavoring tilapia before cooking it. (I recently added fish back into my diet after not eating it for 15 or so years.)

Do you speak any other languages? No. I'm terrible at languages, unfortunately!

What are you looking forward to this wkend? DH wants to stay home and relax for Father's Day, which means a low key day with the family and probably some extra scrapping time.

What was your favorite subject in school? Reading (In elementary school and as an elective in addition to high school English) and history
Old 06-15-2019, 10:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? Snuggle up on the couch with a blankie and book.
Have you tried a new recipe lately? I made some sheet pan chicken and potatoes (bought these small potatoes from Costco). I sprinkled them with salt, pepper and some Oven Roasted Garlic mix from A Spice Above. If you have never heard of this spice company, check it out. So yummy!
Do you speak any other languages? I took four years of Spanish so that I could understand my grandma when she would speak spanish so that you wouldn't understand her. Haha! I can still speak/understand some. You just have to talk to me slow. I also took two semesters of ASL. I wish I would have kept going with it. That was fun.
What are you looking forward to this wkend? My baby brother's high school graduation party is today. Not looking forward to the heat though.
What was your favorite subject in school? Math

Old 06-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? Sleep in and stay at home.
Have you tried a new recipe lately? Not a new recipe, but I tried a new (and better) way of cooking long beans.
Do you speak any other languages? Besides English? Yes, my mother tongue, Indonesian, though I am not so fluent in it any more from speaking English for so long, and Mandarin - not so fluent yet, though.
What are you looking forward to this wkend? Weekend is almost over here, but I was looking forward to eating Mexican food for lunch and doing a bit of shopping with my Swedish friend. It was fun!
What was your favorite subject in school? English!
Old 06-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Read & watch movies
I'm super unmotivated to cook where we are, but tonight I tried a new dish that was good & super-easy- Tuscan White Bean Pasta
I speak French & Italian (rusty, but enough to "get by", especially with a little practice). I have a 100-175 word Russian vocabulary but can't form a full sentence
What are you looking forward to this wkend?
there's a pool party & another get-together for our embassy community...but best of all, it's our last weekend here til August!
French. I would have minored in French & become a French teacher if I hadn't been mis-advised about requirements by my freshman advisor
Old 06-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? It depends on what kind of rain. If it is stormy I love to sleep or read. If it is a soft summer rain I like to be outside in it. Watching rain soothes me, so no matter, I tend to watch it rain a lot.
Have you tried a new recipe lately? Sorta? I bought a bunch of ingredients that sounded good and made my own.
Do you speak any other languages? No. I know a little Spanish, but not enough these days to do me much good. I think I'm going to learn ASL.
What are you looking forward to this weekend? Last weekend I was looking forward to going to Silver Dollar City in Branson. This coming weekend I'm looking forward to my husband being on vacation and the weekend after that I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing my stepdaughter and grandbaby!! We haven't saw them since last August and I have missed them so much!
What was your favorite subject in school? In high school I LOVED my Arizona History class. I also really liked English. This semester in college I am enjoying my science class, surprisingly to me! It is an Environmental Life Science class. I'm also enjoying General Literature and History since 1877. The only class I'm not exactly loving is World Regional Geography.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's your fave thing to do on a rainy day? listen to the sound it makes, take pictures and listen to music while sitting by the window to watch the rain.

Have you tried a new recipe lately? yes I did, I tried the palm heart spaghetti, my daughter loved it and I was glad and relieved.

Do you speak any other languages? my mother tounge is Filipino, I'm also trying to learning Spanish and Japanese.

What are you looking forward to this wkend? we went to Virginia for my sister and nephew's arrival on Friday, it was magical to see them here in the US, I also get to meet his fiance and we stayed there for ther whole weekend.

What was your favorite subject in school? I love History and English since elementary, when I was in college I got really interested in graphs.