Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Google Plus ???

Is anyone still active over there? I signed up at the beginning and was active for a while, but haven't logged in for ages. Would it be worth the time to start hanging out there again?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I have an account there, too, but don't do much with it at all.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on G+ and I use it, but the scrappy community is active at FB. So if you're looking for that kind of circle, you're better off at FB than at G+.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Yep - if it's scrapping stuff you want, stay on FB. I'm active over there, but for homeschooling and other nerdy pursuits
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really hadn't been too active on FB either until recently, but I've gotten back into it. I've always hesitated becoming FB friends with folks that I didn't know in real life, but I guess I need to get over that and friend my scrappy friends, too. It would probably help if I really learned how to group friends and used those groups so that I'm not getting totally overwhelmed with updates and missing out on seeing the things I really want to.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you use lists, you are more or less OK. I have lists and filter all info through them, so that I don't spam people with info that they aren't really that much into, and it's fine for filtering private stuff, too - I don't post much private stuff at FB, but if I did I'd deffo filter it this way. Just take care of all your privacy settings.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have google plus but really don't use it. I really just don't see the need when everything I want to see in on FB.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
If you use lists, you are more or less OK. I have lists and filter all info through them, so that I don't spam people with info that they aren't really that much into, and it's fine for filtering private stuff, too - I don't post much private stuff at FB, but if I did I'd deffo filter it this way. Just take care of all your privacy settings.
Lists are my favorite! I love that I can say different things to different people and also that I can chose to pretend some people don't exist without having to tell them that I don't want to know they exist.

I'd guess about a fourth of my fb friends are scrappy friends, and they are some of my favorites.

I haven't been on Google + in ages.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really should look up that Facebook thread and add some scrappy peeps to Facebook. It's a lot of fun chatting over there
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
I really hadn't been too active on FB either until recently, but I've gotten back into it. I've always hesitated becoming FB friends with folks that I didn't know in real life, but I guess I need to get over that and friend my scrappy friends, too. It would probably help if I really learned how to group friends and used those groups so that I'm not getting totally overwhelmed with updates and missing out on seeing the things I really want to.
I love being able to create lists! It's easy once you figure out how! And last November knowing how to use FB settings was really helpful, because sometimes you just don't want to read your well-meaning but political friend's constant status updates!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by origami View Post
I love being able to create lists! It's easy once you figure out how! And last November knowing how to use FB settings was really helpful, because sometimes you just don't want to read your well-meaning but political friend's constant status updates!
It would have been very nice to be able to filter that stuff out!