Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini
Default Weight Loss Inspiration Thread 4/4

Hey Everyone,

Thought I would post another inspiration thread and catch up with everyone's successes this week.

I am down another 2 lbs this week.....for a total loss of 10 lbs since I started! (20 lbs more to to go) I am so psyched.

Today, we visited Great Nana for Easter and I was able to fit into a cute outfit that was just too tight before. I was thrilled.

Then, I came home and just by chance checked to see if my gym was open...and it was....so I toddled over and put in an hour of cardio! I am really pumped up for the week.

How is everyone else doing?

Susan
Old 04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

9.2 pounds gone in 3 weeks, today I feel like I cheated, but I wrote all my points down, although I used a ton of my Weekly points. We decided last minute to go see How to Train Your Dragon and we ate lunch at Olive Garden. I didn't eat a ton, the salad was the worst thing. Ugh.

I did 30 minutes on the Ellptical and then 20 minutes on the Wii Fit today, so at least I workout after.

Last week I lost 1.4 pounds, that was my lowest number, but my least favorite aunt came to town, so I'm assuming that's why I didn't loose a little more.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just started today. Tee hee.... I ate right at my points for the day and I worked out so I earned a few activity points but, I am going to keep them til I need them. In case we go out this week or anything.

But next week I plan to have a number to post up here!

Congrats on your losses girls!

When did you start Susan? I can't remember.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This week I hit 25 lbs down from my heighest weight, 20 lbs down since Christmas! I made it past my first major plateau point and am thrilled with that. I wasn't even interested in Easter candy, lol.
I've been swimming tons this week since we are living at the beach basically(its spring break) and the community pool is open now so I plan to do water aerobics while I can until the kids take over the pool.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm down over 3 lbs since last weeks check-in - making me down a total of 7.6 lbs! I'm *this* close to my first goal!!! Woohoo!

Huge fan of:

Old 04-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

can i jump in here? i have held steady for 2 weeks, so it's time to really start exercising again. i'm just 2 lbs from my first goal, which is to get back to what i weighed before getting pg w/ my son. then i have another 5 lbs to my 2nd goal of where i was before getting pg w/ my daughter. and beyond that, i'm not sure what my goal is. pre-engagement weight would be nice but i had to work REALLY hard to maintain that weight and i was single and kid-less! so we'll see. i'm not doing any formal weight loss plan.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I weighed in on Saturday and I was down 2 lbs for a total of 15 lbs. I am so proud of myself because I have been exercising regularly. Hoping to keep dropping the lbs!

Congrats to all of you!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As of last Wednesday I was down 8lbs in 2 weeks but the past few days have been horrible for me...even though I think I may gain weight this week I will weigh in because I don't want to get in the habit of not weighing in...I'm going to have to do some major exercise this week...Guess I'll be dusting off my Biggest Loser dvd...

Congrats to everyone who have lost weight...you keep me motivated...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a scale. I go by how well my jeans fit :/ After only wearing my "fat jeans" for almost two months, I knew I needed to get up. I've went on three walks with the kids this week. (walk for us is .5- .75 mile at a time) And Sat. we walked 5 miles. I've been trying to work on my water intake more.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Way to go ladies!! You're all doing awesome!!

I've been stuck at my current weight for a while now. I know I'm losing inches, but dangit, I want that scale to move! :/
I did have a nice surprise yesterday though that helped with staying motivated this week. My FAVORITE pair of capris from the last 2 summers fit really well after being too small last summer. So that was a nice little self esteem boost. They're almost too big, and I kept having to hike them up!
I ran thursday and friday, and then did nothing saturday and sunday. So I have to decide if I want to run tonight, or if I want to study all night and run tomorrow. It's really nice out today, so I might go on my run. But either way, it'll get done. I love that I'm really enjoying this running thing. I think it's going to be something I stick with for a long time now.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll jump in....I'm down 2.5 pounds this week. Although I haven't been going to WW meetings for a while (since my move), I have still been watching what I eat. I'm anxious to get back on track with exercising though.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i just wanted to say "you go girl!" to all of you, be proud of the work you are doing, it is not an easy thing by any means!

Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

that's AWESOME everyone!! woohoo!! i'm down 5 in 3 weeks -but the last 2 weeks have just been 1 lb each because of a lot of traveling and me just deciding to maintain ... i'm hoping this week will be GREAT

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was down 35 pounds last week. Right now I have gained a few extra water weight pounds. I always do that when we travel. I know they will come off if I drink lots of water today.

I have not worked out in 5 days. I was very active when we were camping but it wasn't an intense workout like normal. And now I am sick and don't think I will make it to the gym today.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, I am getting in on this starting today... I have been on such a sugar binge the last few weeks I feel sick. Today I am going sugar free and I have to get back to excercising! I will have a number to post next week too!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just wanted to pop in and say that after just 24 hours doing WW, I feel so "empty". Not like hungry empty cuz I'm not at all....I don't feel bloated or stuffed and my tummy doesn't look all distended anymore.

It feels so nice. I already feel skinnier!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 04-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
When did you start Susan? I can't remember.
I started on Feb. 28th and have lost a total of 10 lbs. That is 2 lbs a week. I am just thrilled right now.

Round of applause for everyone! I love reading all of these updates!!! It is so motivating.

Susan
Old 04-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My question is how do you stay motivated...In the past I've done really good for a few weeks and then back to my old horrible habits...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:06 AM

profile gallery send pm

I just FEEL so much better than I have in YEARS Rachelle. I'm at the same weight that I was about 3 years ago, but I'm much more active now, so I feel even better than I did then. After 3 years of gaining weight and feeling disgusted with myself, not able to climb stairs without getting winded, not being able to go on long hike, etc etc, just feeling good is enough motivation for me. Do I fall off the wagon? Sure do! I have "bad" eating days all the time. The key is not to beat yourself up over it, and just get back ON the wagon. And when your clothes are too big? Well, I think that's one of the biggest motivators there is!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

woot you guys rock!! I haven't been running lots of personal issues going on here lately and it's all i can do to even cont points :/ But today is a new day and it will be a good day
Old 04-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL - I tried running Day 1 of the C25K Challenge on Friday. Wow. It did NOT go well at all! I was so wiped by half-way through I had to stop and trudge home (veryyyyyy slowly). That was 3 days ago, and my muscles are FINALLY not so sore that I can't move!

Was it that hard for the rest of you, or am I just a REALLY huge wimp??

Huge fan of:

Old 04-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Well, I'm starting over again today.... WW here I come!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 04-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Went on a walk yesterday. We only made it two blocks, but that's up from the one block we walked last week (weather hadn't been cooperating those days in between, and I don't have a treadmill).

My heaviest weight was 214, about two-three months ago. I'm at 209 right now, and want to break my loss into small chunks, because I feel like I'm more likely to achieve getting down to 190, and THEN trying to get down until I'm at my goal weight of 140, than I am to set my goal at 140- I'll get discouraged and quit like I have every other time.

My BMI is 32.7, in the Obese category. My initial goal (190) would set me at 29.8, so just barely still in the Overweight Category. My final goal is 140, which will set me at 21.9, in the normal weight category, but I would be happy at 155, which is still in normal weight category, but near the upper fringe of it.

It was nice stepping on the scale today and seeing 209 instead of 214, because all I've really done is added some water, and tried to cut down (haven't eliminated yet) late night snacking. I'm hoping the nicer it gets, the more likely I am to get out and walk.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Also, very proud of myself! Got a ton of bite size kit kats and reeses, as well as several cadbury eggs yesterday!

....last night, I only ate ONE bite size Kit Kat. Didn't touch the other chocolate yet! I figure one a day is going to give me my "chocolate happies" without me going overboard with it. I WAS on one full-size candy bar a day a month ago.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can I jump in, too?

Last week I lost 1lb, but I've been so naughty over the Easter weekend. I want to lose 2lb this week, but the kids are off school for 2 weeks so I won't be able to get to the gym, so it will be hard. If we get nice weather, which isn't often here, lol, I'm going to go to the park, which is a nice 1.6KM walk from my house.

I have lots of fruit & veg, and ingredients to make nice home made meals, so that should help a bit.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just started WW again on the 1st and I am already down 1.2 pounds! I am in competition with my mom and whoever loses the least amount of weight has to travel to the winner's house for my mom's birthday. And she is already talking smack because she is down 5 pounds already. But I know I can beat her, I just need to get my butt in gear.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm technically not allowed to "diet" yet, but since having the baby (3 weeks ago tomorrow), I'm already down 26lbs to my pre-preggo weight--woohoo--

We started walking again last week (when the wind isn't blowing 30+mph or snowing/raining), the pace isn't what I'd like it to be, but can't be too picky with a toddler on a bike & 2 wee-ones in the stroller...I want to lose at least 50 more lbs.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So, on WW do you know know many points you would get for doing Jillian's 30-Day Shred video (I'm on level 1 of course...)?

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 04-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Stokes View Post
So, on WW do you know know many points you would get for doing Jillian's 30-Day Shred video (I'm on level 1 of course...)?
I looked on the community boards for WW and the average AP for the video is 2 APs. HTH!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Liz!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, not to bring down the thread, but I got really thrown off for a bit today. I was craving a bite sized kit kat. I told myself, no, no, surely that's no good for you (that's usually my night snack instead). I decided instead, I'd kill the craving with fat free pudding. I WAS a bit hungry, but wanting sweets. I ate the pudding. It was 90 calories. The kit kat, I found out, would have only been around 52, and would have killed my craving. I still want the kit kat.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLilGrahamCracker View Post
Okay, not to bring down the thread, but I got really thrown off for a bit today. I was craving a bite sized kit kat. I told myself, no, no, surely that's no good for you (that's usually my night snack instead). I decided instead, I'd kill the craving with fat free pudding. I WAS a bit hungry, but wanting sweets. I ate the pudding. It was 90 calories. The kit kat, I found out, would have only been around 52, and would have killed my craving. I still want the kit kat.
I feel your pain. This a perfect example of why they say to give in to certain cravings. Then you still wouldn't want the Kit Kat. Sometimes it is better to give in a little than substitute and be unsatisfied.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLilGrahamCracker View Post
For me ignoring what I'm craving only makes things worse. I give in but take smaller portion. Like I would have ate half and saved the other half for after dinner like normal. Then over the whole day you'd still have the same calories And keep in mind fruit is a sweet treat too.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I figured since it was bite size (as in, smaller than fun size- yes, they make them!) it wouldn't be too bad, but I thought, "Oh, the pudding HAS to be better for me." And I thought about fruit, but all the fruit we had left were apples (the green ones I hate) and the three bites of pineapple left (I think I ate the WHOLE pineapple the other day. Lol). So I was like, eh, not fruit.

But oh well. I'm getting there.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmomma View Post
For me ignoring what I'm craving only makes things worse. I give in but take smaller portion. Like I would have ate half and saved the other half for after dinner like normal. Then over the whole day you'd still have the same calories And keep in mind fruit is a sweet treat too.
1000% agree!! If I'm craving it, I had better just give in and have a few bites... those few calories are worth eating if they save me from baking a whole stinking cake & eating the entire thing myself (WITH frosting and ice-cream) all by myself. Not that I've ever done that... uhhhhhhh... I'm leaving now....

Huge fan of:

Old 04-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I just posted! Here: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=41210
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Guys, I was so bad today.

I had Wendy's for lunch and I feel sick about it. I used all my weeklys, AP's and then some. Ugh. I hope I can still loose.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When do you weigh in? It's OKAY to do that sometimes. I find that it sometimes gives me a jumpstart when I do that. (((hugs)))
Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallMoments View Post
When do you weigh in? It's OKAY to do that sometimes. I find that it sometimes gives me a jumpstart when I do that. (((hugs)))
Saturday, so I'm hoping I'll be ok.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I'm sure you'll be fine!!! Don't beat yourself up!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:25 AM

profile gallery send pm

Don't beat yourself up Vanessa! Just get back on the horse, and do better today. We all have bad days!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP! Just go workout! Try to workout 2 more times this week before weigh in. You can do it. I had a McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich on Sunday. When I got home, I called the gym and they were open and I went and put in an hour of cardio. I knocked 3 points off that sandwich!!!

Susan
Old 04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls. I'm going to try and get longer workouts in the rest of the week to hopefully make up for it.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I signed up for WW today, and also dug out my old Hungry Girl cookbook. I've only ever made 1 recipe from it, but flipping through there, there are SEVERAL I want to try.

I get 27 daily points, and I found a french toast recipe in the cook book where I can have THREE SLICES of french toast, for only 3 points! French Toast is like my... omgcraving food.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Well I joined the gym today. It's a local chain for California and it's AMAZING with AMAZING childcare too so I can take the boys and go anytime I want! woot! I'm excited and ready for the push for the last 20 lbs
Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I restarted running last week. I'm not doing C25K, I'm just doing my own version. I ran almost 4k today. I really love it, so I don't know why I go so off track.

My first goal is to hit 150, so I have a ways to go. What kills me is, I lost all my baby weight and then some and was in the 140s after I had my last baby! I just gained and gained and gained!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
LOL - I tried running Day 1 of the C25K Challenge on Friday. Wow. It did NOT go well at all! I was so wiped by half-way through I had to stop and trudge home (veryyyyyy slowly). That was 3 days ago, and my muscles are FINALLY not so sore that I can't move!

Was it that hard for the rest of you, or am I just a REALLY huge wimp??
Are you doing the running part too fast? Were you exercising at all prior to starting c25k? The 2 things that got me through were that I didn't start week 1 until I had a good walking base and I did the running parts slowly. I still run super slowly but it works for me and makes me want to keep running. Running fast hurts lol.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have to say this group is keeping me motivated. we deal with a lot of food allergies and my nursling requires that i cut out a ton of stuff from my diet, so since i felt so deprived i was indulging in safe treats, too many, too often! the last couple of days i have cut that back (one drink w/ calories, i.e. starbucks or a coke instead of 2 or 3, 11 gummy bears instead of the whole bag), and I hope it makes a difference when i weigh on saturday.

i'm also starting a 6-week restore the core class tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:41 PM

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Traci! That's awesome!! I looooove the classes that are offered at gyms, but we bought a Bowflex a few years ago to get rid of our gym memberships.

I ran yesterday, and I'm on deck to run tomorrow, lol. It's supposed to be really hot again, so I'm gonna stick with the same week again instead of moving on to the next week. I know I'm not ready for week 4 yet, lol.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
Are you doing the running part too fast? Were you exercising at all prior to starting c25k? The 2 things that got me through were that I didn't start week 1 until I had a good walking base and I did the running parts slowly. I still run super slowly but it works for me and makes me want to keep running. Running fast hurts lol.
I don't think I was running too fast - I felt pretty slow, lol! I was going at what most would call a light jog. BUT I'm not much of a walker either, so I basically went from zero. I HAD been doing some workouts using my Wii (got EA Sports Active), but I haven't done it in a few months. I guess I should start up again - it had some running on the spot in it.

Huge fan of: