Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2018, 04:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default April Bingo Progress

How is everyone doing? I'm so far behind with my husband taking two weeks off and then shopping, in all our free time, for my middle's military ball and my oldest's prom. I'll be SO thankful when Sunday is over and everything should go back to normal! My husband will be back at work. All dances will be finished for the year. The girls will be back in school, finishing up the year (eep, can you believe they only have 26 more days of school?!) and then I can get back to my normal schedule.

Right now I'm six Bingo Layouts from Blackout. My goal is to finish them before the end of the month.

How's everyone doing? Did you get blackout? Were you aiming for one line and get it? How many more do you have to do before the end of the month?

Anyone stuck on anything?
Old 04-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I finished my blackout a few days ago and I always feel so relieved when I finish before the month end!
I try to keep a goal of one bingo square a day. Sometimes I am ahead and sometimes I run behind. But it's all worth it because it pushes me to scrap.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lol Wendy, I just post my only layout for this month...

I was aiming a pattern or at least a line but those last days (and months)
I lost a little my mojo and feel overwhelmed by mooving house and all the little things when you are a solo mom with twins!

I admit I also prefer enjoying time with them outdoors because we have been all so sick/ill those past monthes that it was super cool to relax a little so I did a kind of break even if scrapbooking miss me a lot!

I really hope you will do your blackout! I understand what you mean about normal schedule. Here's it's school holidays/break till may 14 :'( So long time to keep them busy! lol!
I'm glad all your family is well anyway!
Good luck and I will admire your layouts in the gallery!
Old 04-27-2018, 05:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You can do it, Wendy! Have fun at the military ball and then get those LOs cranked out!
It's been a rough/busy few weeks here. I only have 2 more squares to get blackout. We were out late last night (early this morning) to see Avengers, and had to get up early this morning, so after (hopefully) sleeping in tomorrow morning, I'll get those 2 finished up!!
Old 04-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m done and very proud of myself I’ve planned two birthday parties and am doing all the flowers for my nieces wedding. Plus I sewed pocket pillow covers for all of my pool patio pillows this month. If you know me or follow me on Facebook you know this was a big ordeal because I have a pillow addiction.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 more to do to get a blackout. The winged things and the national library week one's.
I'm so glad there's no "top 10s" this month.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 04-27-2018, 09:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My goal was to do 2 lines, but I had to let it go for this month. I lost a weekend of scrap time while I was chaperoning my daughter's Girl Scout camping trip, then I lost a week and a half when I was prepping for my class's parent/teacher conferences. Those were Wednesday, so now things can go back to normal and I should get to scrap again. Even when I did have scrapping time this month, I focused on scrapping the pages I needed for the Shutterfly book I printed rather than ones that fit the challenges.

I figure that this is a pretty good month to skip--the iNSD sale will probably be larger than my Bingo discount would have been, so I'll end up shopping during that instead of Sweet Rewards anyway.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This month has turned out busy for us. Last month I got blackout, and while that was my ultimate goal for this month, I got 2 rows/lines. And I"m ok with that! Maybe last month wore me out? I don't know, but it was nice to relax a little more this month and not stress over blackout! Maybe I'll try to make blackout an every other month occurance!
Old 04-27-2018, 10:49 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I got the 30% but I have an excellent reason for not reaching black out - my first grandchild was born yesterday and I had been at the hospital since Tuesday morning!

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 04-27-2018, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I gave up earlier this month. I’m doing a bunch of other things

Old 04-28-2018, 12:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballance View Post
I got the 30% but I have an excellent reason for not reaching black out - my first grandchild was born yesterday and I had been at the hospital since Tuesday morning!
Congratulations, Debra!!
Old 04-28-2018, 12:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I still have two more to go to finish a row, and I probably won't have time to finish.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Congrats Debra that’s awesome!
Old 04-28-2018, 09:51 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

congrats you all!! I suck this month, only 6 layouts done for the Bingo.. busy month indeed..
Old 04-28-2018, 02:06 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Aww thanks!! We are so excited and he's beautiful!!

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 04-28-2018, 02:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've never had a blackout- but this month I'm really close- I just don't know if I could get the rest finished in time... dang it!
Old 04-28-2018, 04:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
I finished my blackout a few days ago and I always feel so relieved when I finish before the month end!
I try to keep a goal of one bingo square a day. Sometimes I am ahead and sometimes I run behind. But it's all worth it because it pushes me to scrap.
I saw you did!! I was amazed at how quickly some of you finished this month!! Congratulations on getting Blackout!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Lol Wendy, I just post my only layout for this month...

I was aiming a pattern or at least a line but those last days (and months)
I lost a little my mojo and feel overwhelmed by mooving house and all the little things when you are a solo mom with twins!

I admit I also prefer enjoying time with them outdoors because we have been all so sick/ill those past months that it was super cool to relax a little so I did a kind of break even if scrapbooking miss me a lot!
One layout is better than none, right?! I'm so sorry you all are moving and that burden lands on you. Moving is already stressful, I can't imagine being the only adult doing it!! Wish you lived closer so I could lend a hand. I hope the next few months give you sick-free months that you can get outside and enjoy life!!
Old 04-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
You can do it, Wendy! Have fun at the military ball and then get those LOs cranked out!
It's been a rough/busy few weeks here. I only have 2 more squares to get blackout. We were out late last night (early this morning) to see Avengers, and had to get up early this morning, so after (hopefully) sleeping in tomorrow morning, I'll get those 2 finished up!!
My middle had a BLAST at her military ball!! It was my first dance, at 41 years old and I have to admit, it's not my thing! But I did enjoy seeing her laugh, dance and have fun with her friends!!

You've got this---only two more to get done!! Without any spoilers, what did you think of Avengers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
I have 2 more to do to get a blackout. The winged things and the national library week one's.
I'm so glad there's no "top 10s" this month.
You've got this!!! I was (am) stuck on National Library Week, but I think I might have figured a way around that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
I’m done and very proud of myself I’ve planned two birthday parties and am doing all the flowers for my nieces wedding. Plus I sewed pocket pillow covers for all of my pool patio pillows this month. If you know me or follow me on Facebook you know this was a big ordeal because I have a pillow addiction.
I saw you were done too!! Your layouts were pretty amazing this month!! Two birthday parties!! Wowzers, I thought were busy!! You are crafty and creative! How nice of you to do the flowers for the wedding. I had no idea you had a pillow addiction!! I'd love to see some!!
Old 04-28-2018, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

I saw you were done too!! Your layouts were pretty amazing this month!! Two birthday parties!! Wowzers, I thought were busy!! You are crafty and creative! How nice of you to do the flowers for the wedding. I had no idea you had a pillow addiction!! I'd love to see some!!
Obviously I can’t post pictures of the wedding flowers yet and spoil it, but they are stunning she has great taste. Here are a few pictures of my pillow obsession and the covers I made for our pool deck patio.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My middle had a BLAST at her military ball!! It was my first dance, at 41 years old and I have to admit, it's not my thing! But I did enjoy seeing her laugh, dance and have fun with her friends!!

You've got this---only two more to get done!! Without any spoilers, what did you think of Avengers?
I'm so glad it was fun! Really?? First dance ever??

I loved Avengers! My boys are at the theater seeing it again tonight! I'll probably go sometime this week to see it again with them.

I have 1 more to go...highlighted text. I have an idea for it. I hope it comes out the way I'm picturing it!
Old 04-29-2018, 01:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m excited for next months prompts. Hopefully I find more inspiration from them than this months haha

Old 04-29-2018, 03:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I liked this month's challenges. They were pretty open to interpretation.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 04-29-2018, 08:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

After a few months of getting none finished I am pleased to say that I completed two rows. I uploaded my card so I don't forget (did that one month) as I am not sure I will get more finished. The boy comes home from college today and the weather has finally turned so will be busy next few days.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
My goal was to do 2 lines, but I had to let it go for this month. I lost a weekend of scrap time while I was chaperoning my daughter's Girl Scout camping trip, then I lost a week and a half when I was prepping for my class's parent/teacher conferences. Those were Wednesday, so now things can go back to normal and I should get to scrap again. Even when I did have scrapping time this month, I focused on scrapping the pages I needed for the Shutterfly book I printed rather than ones that fit the challenges.

I figure that this is a pretty good month to skip--the iNSD sale will probably be larger than my Bingo discount would have been, so I'll end up shopping during that instead of Sweet Rewards anyway.
That's a good outlook!!! It sounds like you had a busy month, but that's good busy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
This month has turned out busy for us. Last month I got blackout, and while that was my ultimate goal for this month, I got 2 rows/lines. And I"m ok with that! Maybe last month wore me out? I don't know, but it was nice to relax a little more this month and not stress over blackout! Maybe I'll try to make blackout an every other month occurance!
That's a great idea, every other month so that you don't get worn out doing so many layouts or trying to do it all every month!!

Quote:
Oh yay!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see all your newborn layouts about your precious grandchild!!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I gave up earlier this month. I’m doing a bunch of other things
Well you have a very valid excuse with everything happening this month! I'm just a simple message away if you want or need anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap View Post
I still have two more to go to finish a row, and I probably won't have time to finish.
Two more, you've got this!! If I can try to get my six done by Monday, you can get yours done. I believe in you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagi View Post
congrats you all!! I suck this month, only 6 layouts done for the Bingo.. busy month indeed..
You far from suck!! Your layouts that you did do were stunning and amazing. Besides, six layouts is six new layouts and more than you had when you started this month!!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I've never had a blackout- but this month I'm really close- I just don't know if I could get the rest finished in time... dang it!
I hope you can get blackout! The first time I ever got blackout was last October and the feeling of accomplishment was amazing!!! I think I've only gotten blackout once or twice since then! Something always pops up in the month that gets me distracted and busy from my computer. I so want it this month because I told myself I would get it and I don't like letting myself down!

Ella, those pillows!! Wow!! They are amazing!! If we had nice things here, outside, people would steal them left and right! I currently have a wrought iron chair on my front porch with no other decorations because in the two years that we've lived here, everything has been stolen or damaged due to vandalism--and I live in a good area! I love your pillows. They are pretty amazing. You are very talented!!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I'm so glad it was fun! Really?? First dance ever??

I loved Avengers! My boys are at the theater seeing it again tonight! I'll probably go sometime this week to see it again with them.

I have 1 more to go...highlighted text. I have an idea for it. I hope it comes out the way I'm picturing it!
Yeah, I went to a Christian school growing up and dances weren't things they did. I went to a Christian college, so no dances there. Even though my husband's in the military, we have always opted out of his military balls. Although he did tell me before he retires, he wants us to go to one (I die)

My husband is supposed to take the oldest to see Avengers, but she's waiting for the hype (ie: people she might know) to die down so she doesn't have to deal with people or the crowds. So it might be some time before I can get to the theater to see it.

I have that highlighted text as well. It shouldn't be that hard, but for some reason, that one stumped me. Along with the library one. We've got this. We can both finish!
Old 04-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
After a few months of getting none finished I am pleased to say that I completed two rows. I uploaded my card so I don't forget (did that one month) as I am not sure I will get more finished. The boy comes home from college today and the weather has finally turned so will be busy next few days.
I noticed you were being quiet these past few months, but figured you were just busy! Yay for getting two rows completed! And yikes about not uploading the card one month!! I need to make myself a note about that because I almost forgot that last month as well!!

Have fun with your son, home from college. Is he home for the summer, or is he taking a few classes locally? Either way, make memories and have fun with him being home
Old 04-29-2018, 12:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

You guys I'm really sorry I got distracted yesterday and replied to some, but not all of the comments posted. Yesterday was my daughter's Prom and I was here and there, going, going, going all night! I finally picked her up at 1am this morning after running since 9am yesterday morning. So I apologize. I wasn't singling some of you out and ignoring others. I just sat down, replied a few and was called away to run to another thing (was it make-up, hair, pick up flowers, photos, etc).

I should have responded to every single one of you today. I'm sorry I didn't get to it all yesterday in one sitting!

My progress--- I still have six layouts to do. They might be simple and boring, but I'm determined to get six done today and tomorrow to get blackout!
Old 04-29-2018, 01:32 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am down to 4 left - I have done 4 already today. I got really behind this month, not sure why either but just lost the momentum I guess. I am sure I will have it all done by tomorrow evening.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinShannon View Post
I am down to 4 left - I have done 4 already today. I got really behind this month, not sure why either but just lost the momentum I guess. I am sure I will have it all done by tomorrow evening.
If I see you on FB (and you see me), I'm going to tell you to get scrapping!
Old 04-29-2018, 08:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I noticed you were being quiet these past few months, but figured you were just busy! Yay for getting two rows completed! And yikes about not uploading the card one month!! I need to make myself a note about that because I almost forgot that last month as well!!

Have fun with your son, home from college. Is he home for the summer, or is he taking a few classes locally? Either way, make memories and have fun with him being home
Thanks Wendy, yes busy and trying to cut my screen time down a bit.
Boy got home this afternoon and starts work tomorrow morning. He is off for the summer and back at his job on the island, 5 days in maintenance and weekends at the marina.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
One layout is better than none, right?! I'm so sorry you all are moving and that burden lands on you. Moving is already stressful, I can't imagine being the only adult doing it!! Wish you lived closer so I could lend a hand. I hope the next few months give you sick-free months that you can get outside and enjoy life!!
Aww Wendy you're so sweet! I saw you finish you blackout and I'm really happy for you! Congrats!

I hope your daughter's Prom was nice?

I admit mooving is very stressful and with two little kids running everywhere and get bored because they want to play with mommy, it's more! lol! But my Mom helps me most of the time fortunately.
I'll try Bingo game next month, well tomorrow!
Have a nice week!
Old 04-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Aww Wendy you're so sweet! I saw you finish you blackout and I'm really happy for you! Congrats!

I hope your daughter's Prom was nice?

I admit mooving is very stressful and with two little kids running everywhere and get bored because they want to play with mommy, it's more! lol! But my Mom helps me most of the time fortunately.
I'll try Bingo game next month, well tomorrow!
Have a nice week!
Yes I just posted my Blackout card!!

I'm glad you have your mom's help. That's always nice when you have family nearby who can lend hands. Today my son (he's 5) told me he broke his closet door (he just knocked it off the track). I told him I'd fix it for him and he interrupted saying "I think you should call Grumpy (my dad) because while you know how to fix things, he KNOWS how to fix things" My help always comes in the form of phone calls since we don't live near family or friends--one of the downfalls of being a military family. But hey, we get to explore the country, so it has its good--even if it means I can't see my family as much as I'd like. So I'm genuinely happy for you to have your mom closeby to help you when you need it! Parents are the best, especially when they want to be part of their kids and grandchildren's lives!
Old 04-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Done!!! Woot! Woot! Black-out again!

Old 04-30-2018, 07:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinShannon View Post
Done!!! Woot! Woot! Black-out again!
Woohooo! I saw your last two in the gallery and hoped you finished them! Congratulations!!