Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2023, 09:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Black Friday Deals?

Did you scoop any HOT DEALS for Black Friday?
Do you go out to the stores and malls?
Do you shop online from the comfort of your own home?
Old 11-24-2023, 09:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got a few SSD deals, but nothing else. I should get on that.
Old 11-24-2023, 10:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My daughter (19) and my son (16) and I went out to a local garden center to see their Christmas decorations and then we went to a few stores for something to do today, but we didn't really buy anything. It was nice just to spend time together.

I still haven't decided what I want to get from the shoppe. My wish list just doesn't match my budget, LOL! I have to say, though, I'm really glad that all the designers are participating in the sale.
Old 11-24-2023, 10:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I picked up a few things at Bath & Body and shopped online at Old Navy. Nothing too exciting here so far. My son did go out to some liquidation store and got me a deal on a Milwaukee cordless drill set. He said it was a great deal and that now I have a better drill than he does for less money. It wasn't exactly what I was planning on for Black Friday shopping but it will be good to have around since he uses his at work now.
I've seen some deals on different streaming services so this weekend I'll be evaluating some of those to see if any are worth it for us.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got an extra 20% off coupon for Toys r Us that I used, paired with some good deals I got most of the littlest’s presents bought. Still need to find a couple things for the big kid and hubby.

Old 11-25-2023, 05:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I bought a few things. Some, like my younger son's winter coat and my SSD stuff were a good deal. Others, like my daughter's requested clothing and shoes were full price. But the good news is, I think I'm just about done with shopping for Hanukkah and her birthday. This year they mostly wanted bigger ticket things, so they get fewer gifts overall. Most of my shopping was online because we were away from home and most of my extended family was together. I brought my DD and 2 of her cousins to the mall on BF to browse and look at something she was considering, but we mostly just window shopped.

Last edited by rach3975; 11-25-2023 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 08:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We stumbled across some good deals today at Meijer. All Columbia apparel was 50% off and they had one mens jacket normally $200 for $40. They happened to have one in Liam's size and it's actually a tiny bit big on him. Of course, teenagers don't wear coats but on a really cold day, he'll thank me! I also got my oldest a nice pair of Columbia snowpants and, what I call a sleeping bag jacket, for me. It covers my knees!! I've never had a coat so long before. I probably won't wear it a ton, but when it's really cold out, I'll be snuggly warm even if I look a little extra puffy. And I got some leggings buy 1 get 2 free! A pretty good haul for mainly going there for eggs and browsing.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did very little BF shopping. Just necessities that had great sales.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I did a bit in person and some on line.

I have need for my sister this year and she needs new pajamas. I manged to find an online sale at C J Banks and get her 4 pairs for under the $50 budget we have. Totally made my days.

In person, I hit the craft stores and got Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations for 80% off, which was great. I also got some Christmas decorations for my kids' house at 50% off. My son wants to decorate their house for the holidays, but will not shop, so I do it for him. LOL
Old 11-27-2023, 12:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My big purchases were all online. TRX, which is pretty expensive but great exercise equipment has a sale that I think goes through Cyber Monday and got hubby another piece from there.
Research and then purchased daughter a small sewing machine off Amazon but honestly not sure it was even on sale. Still not horribly expensive.
Most of my shopping was to support Jeff Besos and it was to replace things that needed replacing in the house. I kept looking at other stores but things weren't true needs so I didn't purchase.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If you knit or crochet, Lion Brand has a great sale through today. 6 skeins for $12:
https://www.lionbrand.com/collection...-for-12?page=1
Old 11-27-2023, 05:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got a few SSD $5 bundles today and a small order of coffee on Amazon since it was on sale. We only buy gifts for the grandchildren and I have no idea what to get them. When I asked my 6-year-old granddaughter what was on her Santa list she said all she wants for Christmas is her family. Ok, I'll put a big bow on at Christmas Eve. All done, lol!

Old 11-27-2023, 05:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Eh- a few small things online for kiddo's stockings. I did get a good deal on a Kraken jersey for my son today for Cyber Monday- I have been keeping an eye out on the price and it didn't change at all for BF, so I was hoping CM would have a sale!

My daughter & I used to go super early & hit all the sales, but there wasn't anything we were going after and we had a super busy weekend, so we just went to the mall around 8am- by the time we were leaving it was getting CRAZY busy, so I'm glad we went when we did! Also- I usually always go to Michael's and stock up on all our crafty supplies every black friday, but their sale started early- so we went earlier in the week and avoided all the crowds!

I did a lot of BF shopping early- this year it seemed like most things were on sale early anyways. I've pretty much got all my shopping done now!
Old 11-27-2023, 06:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

yes, some American Giril doll for my two niece, AND 3 Billy bookshelves!

We don't go to the store at BF anymore, the last one we went to Macy's looking for a Ninja air fryer was eithr in 2018 or 2019.

yes I do. Thank God for online shopping.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We went out shopping, but not super early. I think we left the house around 10am. The mindset was if we found an item in store, great. If not, we could always order it online. I actually have felt the most focused this year on what I was getting for each of the girls. They get 4 gifts, plus a couple extra gifts depending on budget. Want, Need, Wear, Read. I had a list, and knew where I wanted to go and what I wanted to get!

As of today, I am ALMOST all done! I have about 3 more gifts to purchase, but I know where to get them and what they are! I did order some online things yesterday (had to wait one extra day from Cyber Monday due to payday).
Old 12-01-2023, 04:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I picked up a few things at TeachersPayTeachers because I'm going to start teaching 10th grade English next semester, and that is way out of my comfort zone! It sounds silly, I know, but I'm so excited about the Macbeth resources I picked up. I think they'll be really engaging and allow me to feel like my lessons are rigorous without having to do hours of research to learn how to teach Shakespeare!
Old 12-01-2023, 12:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

With the exception of the time I went to Michael's back in 2011 on Thanksgiving afternoon to buy one of those OTT lamps (75% off!), I have not shopped on Black Friday since 1982 when I worked in the jewelry department at Sears. I never wanted to be a part of that mess unless I was working. Thanks to modern technology, I was able to shop online and get some great deals on every gift I bought for our son. He gave me his list on Monday evening, and I shopped after he left the house. It was nice getting 25% off of Nike, and I think I got 35% off Under Armour. Later I told hubby how much I had saved!

But, I sure did shop sales on scrapping, especially here at SSD!

Last edited by lizziej; 12-01-2023 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post
Most of my shopping was to support Jeff Besos and it was to replace things that needed replacing in the house. I kept looking at other stores but things weren't true needs so I didn't purchase.
If you look when you shop on Amazon...the box with the price has where it is coming from example Sold by Amazon/Shipped by Amazon...You can also find on a lot of those Sold by Companyx and shipped from amazon OR sold by CompanyX and Shipped by CompanyX. A lot of those "companies" are small businesses buying and reselling on Amazon. I am one of those that does what is called retail arbitrage or online arbitrage. I buy a bunch of stuff and then ship it all to Amazon and they take care of the rest. I get paid when the item sells and ships. So in reality you are supporting Jeff because Amazon does charge us fees but you are also supporting small businesses. Next time check it out...you can click on other listings and see all the folks selling it and for the price they are selling it.