Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-06-2020, 12:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 03/06

For many people, today is all about waiting, so that is today's theme.
  1. When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself?
  2. When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps?
  3. Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for?
  4. Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to?
Old 03-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself?
I like to go for hikes with Taz (my doodle) or relax with a coffee or tea and read my book (I've always got one on the go). Right now I'm reading City Of The Lost by Kelley Armstrong.

When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps?
The family loves to play wordscape. When waiting for food at a restaurant or checkout line we'll play that on my phone or my hubs' phone. I also love to check pinterest, randomly scrolling. I don't often check forums/galleries on my phone b/c I like to see them "bigger" but will check in a bit if I'm out all day but I really prefer to view them on my iPad or desktop computer.

Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for?
I'm so done with winter now, I really want spring with warmer weather (keep waiting for temps to get up into the 60s) and longer days. I got excited when I saw some green shoots coming up in the garden. I'll be out there soon with my macro lens for pics.

Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? I want to binge the final season of Magicians. There are 4 more episodes and then we'll binge the whole season over a wkend (hubs likes that one too).
Old 03-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will sometimes scrap, or read a book but most likely clean the house non stop as it distracts me best, ha ha obvious Doug loves it when I need a distraction.
I rarely pull my phone out in public, I try to be aware of those around me or my social anxiety will go through the roof.
Yes vacation, we didn’t get one last year due to Doug and the bus wreck. We are long overdue and all very excited that we are all healthy again and able to go!
Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to?
We haven’t lately, we got burnt out binge watching after Dougs last surgery we binge watched 3 series in less then 2 weeks. The Americans on Amazon was our favorite!
Old 03-06-2020, 12:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? Anything...scrap, read, eat, scroll thru IG
2. When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? Ummm..sometimes. Or, I might grab a magazine nearby and flip thru it. Then put it back when I'm closer.
3. Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? I sent out a text to my siblings last night regarding our mom's birthday. I'm hoping my brother that lives in another town is able to join us. I haven't seen him since our grandma's funeral in November 2017.
4. Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? I just finished Love is Blind on Netflix so I started a show called Gentefied (also Netflix).

Old 03-06-2020, 01:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Reading, crafting, etc. The usual!

Nope

Yes!! We expected to get our next assignment today. Maybe when we wake up (after the end of the workday in the states). Also waiting to find out if family members will be leaving our current post... it’s all anyone can talk about.

Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to?
I do, but don’t have one going right now. Except, I guess, DH and I are watching 2-3 episodes of Friends most nights.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Stay busy- either with chores or work! However, my 'plan' for today has changed since I was going to meet Charity (stormchaser) for coffee- but she's not feeling well, and my daughter's volleyball tourney in Seattle (we were going to leave this afternoon) has been cancelled. SO I have an ENTIRE day of NOTHING planned.... I don't know what to do with myself!?

Usually I look for coupons for what's in my cart on any of my store apps. Then I might browse my email or fb...

I'm waiting to get the schedule for my daughter's spring pitching academy, as well as her softball schedule- right now April looks really nice & open, but I know both of those are going to fill up the month quickly!

We've been binge watching Ozarks on netflix. I watched the entire season of Cheer while scrapping the other day! Most of the other shows we watch we just dvr & watch the next night or so after kids are in bed.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I make a list of all the things I need to do, and I do them. If I have a project, I don't have time to think about whatever I'm waiting on.

I do not; I look over my list to see if I missed anything or forgot something.

Nope. Surprisingly, everything resolved itself this morning.

I don't really binge, unless I'm doing a rewatch.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

did you see Robin's post ???

'Hey chickies!

Just wanted to give you an update. I know some of you are sooo looking forward to an announcement tonight, but we just aren't ready to make it. This decision is sooo hard for the girls and I, we love so many of you, so we really need a couple more days to make sure that we're making the best decision possible for our team!

Thanks sooo much for your patience! We really REALLY appreciate it!

Robin & the Team'

We'll have to wait a bit longer
Old 03-06-2020, 02:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just try to stay busy and focused - however; I really do struggle with the being focused part! I surf the internet a little more often to keep my mind occupied. I also find walking helps me sort out my thoughts and calm my nerves.

Honestly, I don't wait in checkout lines very often - I live in such a rural area that the only place there are lines would be WalMart - and I make sure I go there early in the AM - which means I do self check out, but that's okay - I'm in and out in a jiffy!

Spring! I've over winter and now that the snow is gone, I'm ready for green grass and flowers!! (We did have about 30 robins in our yard yesterday, so they are on the move - that's a great sign)!

It depends on how much time I have if I binge or not. Lately I've been stretched to find down time to watch programs, so I will most definitely be binging when I get the time ... I have lots of This is Us, Dateline, 20/20 and Evil Lives Here to catch up on (just typing it sounds glorious --- I LOVE to binge and scrap at the same time and am really ready for a day to be able to do that - hopefully sooner than later!)
Old 03-06-2020, 02:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Try to stay busy... scrap, read, TV, scroll FB or IG

No, not usually. Sometimes look at a magazine and then put it back.

Ummmm....my cold and sinus infection to go away. My Disney trip in April.

I did binge Outlander, but now I'm all caught up. I But I don't usually wait to binge a show.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-06-2020, 02:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? * I scrap....and the worst, I eat so the news that we're going to have to wait a bit longer is not good for my diet ! LOL

When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? * No, I do not because I checkout myself. We can scan our groceries ourselves and that is what I do. Saves me a lot of time during checkout for sure

Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? * We are waiting for news about my FIL. He has been strugging with his health and the doctors just can't figure out what is going on at the moment (the entire inside of his mouth are sores, very painful). Every single test that they could think of has been done and everything came back negative. Chemo for his leukemia is postponed until this has been taken care off because his body is just too weak to handle chemo right now.

Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? * I do !!! I love tv-shows. Right now I am binge watching a Netflix show called Wisting. It is so good and the other show I can't wait to get started (which was actually added today!) is the second season of Ugly Delicous. I love David Chang and this show is just awesome. Lots of wonderful food which I can't eat with my diet. LOL

Good luck with the wait everyone ! ♥

Last edited by biancka; 03-06-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL had to laugh when I saw this question Rae! I usually kill time on my phone. Read news, FB, SSD forum, email...

I don't play games, but I do check email or texts.

Yes! My husband comes home tomorrow from a ski trip. My son that went on the ski trip for his spring break will be home less than a day, so looking forward to seeing him. And I am going to the beach in a couple of weeks. So excited!!

I watch when I have time. If it's been a while and I am alone I binge. Not waiting to watch anything though.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just do whatever I can to stay busy, but honestly, there is not one thing that can keep my attention for very long so I get very "stir crazy" waiting for any news.

I don't really do anything.... the most I may do is pull up the store app so it's ready to get my card scanned. I typically rearrange my cart so it is easy to unload making my turn as speedy as possible.

Tax Refund..... LOL It'll be in Monday, and I am itching to get some bills caught up and splurge on a couple things I wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

We watch so many different shows that we have a hard time keeping up with them all, so we typically pick a few to keep up with as the episodes air, but there are a few shows we don't watch and end up binge watching them during the summer months when everything is on their summer break.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
did you see Robin's post ???

'Hey chickies!

Just wanted to give you an update. I know some of you are sooo looking forward to an announcement tonight, but we just aren't ready to make it. This decision is sooo hard for the girls and I, we love so many of you, so we really need a couple more days to make sure that we're making the best decision possible for our team!

Thanks sooo much for your patience! We really REALLY appreciate it!

Robin & the Team'

We'll have to wait a bit longer
Saw not too long ago. Thx for the heads up.

My mind keeps wandering and I have been mindlessly snacking which I need to get a grip on LOL. A few more days of waiting...I think I might just explode.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? * I scrap....and the worst, I eat so the news that we're going to have to wait a bit longer is not good for my diet ! LOL

When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? * No, I do not because I checkout myself. We can scan our groceries ourselves and that is what I do. Saves me a lot of time during checkout for sure

Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? * We are waiting for news about my FIL. He has been strugging with his health and the doctors just can't figure out what is going on at the moment (the entire inside of his mouth are sores, very painful). Every single test that they could think of has been done and everything came back negative. Chemo for his leukemia is postponed until this has been taken care off because his body is just too weak to handle chemo right now.

Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? * I do !!! I love tv-shows. Right now I am binge watching a Netflix show called Wisting. It is so good and the other show I can't wait to get started (which was actually added today!) is the second season of Ugly Delicous. I love David Chang and this show is just awesome. Lots of wonderful food which I can't eat with my diet. LOL

Good luck with the wait everyone ! ♥
I will check those shows on Netflix. I love food shows. I'm like you, many of the meals I can't eat (low carb for me). BTW....I just love your new siggy! My fave color this year is purple and your siggy keeps catching my eye. Makes me want to redo mine
Old 03-06-2020, 05:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't have to work hard at finding distractions - I have a very busy 4 year old son and my daughter is a teen! We are busy ALL the time...LOL! Facebook tends to suck me in or a good book if I am trying to kill time. Of course there are always chores around the house, but who wants to do that!?!

When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? No, but my daughter is on hers so does that count? IF I pull out my phone in a grocery store it is to look at Pinterest and find ingredients for DINNER!

Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? Umm....this is a loaded question....! I'm waiting (not so patiently) for being able to move into a new house that better suits our needs, a Disney vacation/cruise, to pay off debt, to hear about the SSD call, the next set of instructions in an Australian sock knit-a-long I'm doing, to see if I will make the first round in an internation Sock Madness thing I thought I'd try for the first time this year, things I mail ordered, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS CHANGE and SPRING/SUMMER!!! Not a comprehensive list, but a good start! LOL!

Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? I watch several late at night while I am knitting and my household is asleep and quiet. Outlander is in the #1 spot!! =)
Old 03-06-2020, 11:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? Ha, ha, I'm not good at this!
When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? Thankfully I never have to wait too long. Normally I would just check email (personal/work) or check FB.
Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? Coronavirus updates
Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? I haven't specifically waited to binge-watch something. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I have binge-watched a few series.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty patient so I just go on with life.

Nope, hubby and I shop together so we just chat

New grey colored Switch systems and my check next week so I can buy some new Nike's I've been eyeing.

I don't wait intentionally. I just catch up when I have time usually. But most of the time that means I watch a couple of episodes in a row.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? I do mindless tasks with my hands, like pulling weeds or cleaning.
When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? yes, usually just candy crush.
Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? We are waiting to see what happens with the Coronavirus before we buy tickets for a summer trip.
Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? I do try to avoid starting new shows for fear I will lose hours of my life to it. However, I just binged a K-Drama, Crash Landing On You, and I looooove it so much!
Old 03-07-2020, 12:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I actually have a little time to kill this morning so I'll play!

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? I'm used to waiting. Like ALL THE TIME. The Army has a saying "Hurry up and wait" so I've pretty much had to learn to just live life and when the news comes, whenever that is, you just go with it.

When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? Nope, never. I have to be aware of what's going on around me at all times. I'm hyper vigilant - it's exhausting. Plus I never want to be on the phone when it's my turn to get to the cashier/server/etc. I personally find it so rude when someone doesn't pause their conversation or task to address the real live person right in front of them.

Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? Besides our tax refund.... lol... our trip to Disney in June. A little worried about traveling and all the Corona virus stuff going on right now but deciding to not let the hysteria get to me. We're plussed up on Vitamin C, elderberry, zinc, Emergen-C etc etc in hopes of staying healthy!

Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? I'm not a big tv person but every once in awhile I watch something with the hubs. Right now we're watching Manifest. I think it's on Hulu but that's how little I watch tv... lol, Hulu, Netflix one of those two. I do, however, usually wait to read a book series until all of the books have released. There's nothing I hate more than waiting for what feels like eternity to continue an awesome series!
Old 03-08-2020, 12:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? Depends on the news. If it is something that really has me freaked out, sleep is the only distraction that halfway works. For example, when my husband was flying last week I was on the edge of my seat waiting for news. None of us have flown since '04 and we are usually all together so I was anxious. Nothing distracted me and I couldn't even fall asleep... but wished I could!

When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? Not really. I might text people, but I don't use apps. I mostly just stand and wait.

Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? Not really. I don't want to rush anything right now.

Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? I binge watched Love is Blind while my husband was out of town. I don't usually binge watch shows. I usually don't watch a lot of TV.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:19 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? I usually will call a friend to obsess, or I'll do chores and try to make the waiting a productive time.

When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? I hardly go into the grocery store anymore since Clicklist came to our area. But after I call and am waiting for my order? I like to play Matchington Mansion; a matching game that one of my besties also plays. It's mindless in the best way.

Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? Nope; this is a pretty calm time.

Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? My husband travels a lot for work, so binge-watching is one of my nighttime rituals when he's gone. I binged on Love Is Blind on Netflix, and the Aaron Hernandez docuseries most recently. Both were really good, for different reasons, obviously.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have a lot to catch up here in the forum!

When waiting for news, how do you distract yourself? Usually by watching TV or scrapping.
When in a checkout line do you play on your phone? If so, what apps? No. I usually people-watch. LOL
Aside from anything scrappy related, is there anything you are waiting for? I'm waiting for COVID-19 to go away!!
Do you wait to binge watch any shows? If so, what is one you are binging now or want to? No, I don't usually wait to binge watch shows. I end up bing-watching because I get behind. Right now I need to catch up on all but the first episode of this season of Manifest on NBC. I also need to watch the last 4 episodes of Sanditon on PBS Passport.