Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2024, 10:33 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Paintshop Pro - Thumbnail Previews Not Working

I'm wondering if anyone who uses Paintshop Pro can help me with an issue I'm having where thumbnails are showing as blanks for PSP documents instead of showing a preview. They were working fine until this past weekend. I've been using PSP 2018 and decided to upgrade to PSP 2023...which I hated because it was saving files willy nilly wherever it wanted. I uninstalled 2023 and went back to 2018. The same time I uninstalled 2023, I also got a Windows update. After that, I noticed that the thumbails for PSP files are now blank instead of showing a preview. I've done everything I can think of to fix this.

I've been using Sage Thumbs so that .psd files show a preview. I've tried using that to get the PSP thumbnails to work with no luck. I've also tried deleting my thumbnail cache in Windows a few times. I've run out of ideas to get the thumbnails to show previews again and it's driving me bonkers having the blanks. Has anyone else ever run into this with Paintshop Pro and, if you did, did you find a way to fix it?
Old 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

If you are talking about the pspimage files, mine are showing correctly. I've never had the issue of them not showing in Windows explorer. I also had a Win11 update in the last week and nothing changed.

As for 2023, the saving is apparently an issue for others as well. But I've never had that problem. I had other issues with it that caused me to not use it when I got it in 2022. I didn't uninstall it though. Then a big update came out last summer that fixed the issue so now I've been working with it again. I actually have 3 versions on my computer... X8, 2021 and 2023.

I wonder of the uninstalling of 2023 caused the problem but I'm not a techie so can't say for sure.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:51 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

It might be a Default Apps issue. When you installed a new version, it may have messed with your default apps, which affected your folder/preview images. Check your default apps, and maybe that'll help.

Otherwise, I have no idea how to help. I just know what's worked for me in the past!
Old 04-16-2024, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have Windows 10 and have had that problem. I used PSE, so I don't think that it's your scrapping progam. It might be Windows. I can view PSP files now, but sometimes it takes a moment to appear. Also, I still can't see folder previews on some files, some of the time, others at different times. It's frustrating enough to make me wonder if a Mac would be better.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:41 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the ideas. I've tried them and still no luck. I guess I'll just have to live with it until something changes again.