Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-28-2019, 04:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Back to School Photos

There's a HUGE sale in the store featuring Back to School products. There are a LOT of back to school photos flooding my Facebook/Instagram feed. So lets see them....show us your back to school photos and tell us (1) when they started school or when they start (2) how their first day went.

For those who don't have kids in school--what's something you remember about high school or college (funny, sad, wisdom--anything)

Old 08-28-2019, 04:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yep, I bought a kit last night to scrap those obligatory first day of school photos (holding a sign, first day of school outfit, back photo while walking, going up and down the bus) of my daughter She started fourth grade on Monday. She had TONS of stories when she got home and I was recording everything in case I forget some details for my pl. She was just sad because she and her bf weren't in the same class this year but they've been sitting during lunch for three days now. I still can't believe I now have a 4th grader...
Old 08-28-2019, 05:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do a pic or two on the first day. No signs or anything, just something to mark the moment ... I've got 2 high schoolers now!

Old 08-28-2019, 05:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are still on Countdown mode here, (1 week & 1 day to go!!). My youngest will be entering the high school this year (grade 7) so it's going to be a bit of an adjustment having no more Elementary School traditions (which we are thrilled about.... our ES was the absolute worst!!), my middle son will be entering Grade 9 and my oldest...... well, it's a BIG year for him as he enters Grade 12.... so all things Graduation will be in our School Year this year! I have been working on a layout with all of his "First Days of School".... just waiting for the LAST photo to complete the set. *sigh* One thing I have noticed, it that in all his years, he has worn something Red, Blue or Black (or any combination of the colors together) in EVERY 1st Day of School photo.... so I told him he had to wear at least 1 of those 3 colors on the first day so he doesn't mess up my layout LOL
Old 08-28-2019, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't buy something yet but I think I have too much school kit...

They go back to school on september 2nd for mine. I take pics just before going and sometime arriving at school but that's all.
This year I'd like making a little sign they could hold but I have no idea what to makes, there's plenty of cute pictures with that but I'd love something simple and fast and easy to do! lol!

I took them in picture when we put name's stickers on their furniture and full their new backpack.
Trying to show you but nothing fancy just basic pic!lol!

Old 08-28-2019, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 left in college. My youngest is a freshman in college. So no real back to school pics here. But he sent me this pic of him with his roommates, and It's so funny I had to share it!
Old 08-28-2019, 08:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My two college kiddos started on Monday (a senior and a sophomore)
My two high schoolers start tomorrow... also a senior and a sophomore.
I wish they didn't start till after Labor Day,
Yup, I usually take lots of pics. Sometimes I do a sign...
and I went shopping for kits and templates last night.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 08-28-2019, 11:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Yep, I bought a kit last night to scrap those obligatory first day of school photos (holding a sign, first day of school outfit, back photo while walking, going up and down the bus) of my daughter She started fourth grade on Monday. She had TONS of stories when she got home and I was recording everything in case I forget some details for my pl. She was just sad because she and her bf weren't in the same class this year but they've been sitting during lunch for three days now. I still can't believe I now have a 4th grader...
That's smart to record it!! I love that idea! That's good that they are able to see each other during lunch time. Always hard on the kiddos when they aren't in the same class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I do a pic or two on the first day. No signs or anything, just something to mark the moment ... I've got 2 high schoolers now!
Has school started for you all yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
We are still on Countdown mode here, (1 week & 1 day to go!!). My youngest will be entering the high school this year (grade 7) so it's going to be a bit of an adjustment having no more Elementary School traditions (which we are thrilled about.... our ES was the absolute worst!!), my middle son will be entering Grade 9 and my oldest...... well, it's a BIG year for him as he enters Grade 12.... so all things Graduation will be in our School Year this year! I have been working on a layout with all of his "First Days of School".... just waiting for the LAST photo to complete the set. *sigh* One thing I have noticed, it that in all his years, he has worn something Red, Blue or Black (or any combination of the colors together) in EVERY 1st Day of School photo.... so I told him he had to wear at least 1 of those 3 colors on the first day so he doesn't mess up my layout LOL
I'm jealous--wish we were still in countdown mode. We've already been in school almost a month!!

Don't forget FAFSA opens up on October 1--very important to fill that out to get grants, loans, etc!

Too funny you told him to wear something around your photos/layouts!! I've never thought to do that with my kids. Smart thinking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
I didn't buy something yet but I think I have too much school kit...

They go back to school on september 2nd for mine. I take pics just before going and sometime arriving at school but that's all.
This year I'd like making a little sign they could hold but I have no idea what to makes, there's plenty of cute pictures with that but I'd love something simple and fast and easy to do! lol!

They are so adorable! You can always print up one of those signs "this year I'm in ___ grade" "My teacher is __________" "My favorite color is ________" and just use things from what you see on the signs at Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I have 2 left in college. My youngest is a freshman in college. So no real back to school pics here. But he sent me this pic of him with his roommates, and It's so funny I had to share it!
That's such a cute photo!! Love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
My two college kiddos started on Monday (a senior and a sophomore)
My two high schoolers start tomorrow... also a senior and a sophomore.
I wish they didn't start till after Labor Day,
Yup, I usually take lots of pics. Sometimes I do a sign...
and I went shopping for kits and templates last night.
That's when my college student started as well! I also wish ALL of the kids didn't start until after Labor Day too!! And yes, I did shop the sale yesterday -- or maybe it was today. I can't remember!
Old 08-29-2019, 08:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I snapped one quick pic in our kitchen last Monday when they started. I have a sophomore and junior, so it's not like, "Freshman year!" or "Senior year!" I guess none of us are that excited about it and could use some more summer.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Augustine starts morning preschool Sept 9. She didn't make the cut off birthday for Kindergarten even though she turns 5 so soon.
I hope I remember to take a photo!
Old 08-29-2019, 12:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Our youngest started his freshman year at Boise State University on Monday

And our grandson started at preschool 2 days a week
Old 08-29-2019, 12:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I love this, Cindi!!
Old 08-29-2019, 02:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My babies started K & 5th grade mid-August.

My little is having an... interesting time in K. His full-time teacher has yet to arrive in the classroom. There have been many conversations with the principal. We'll see how it goes.

My big is having the best year of her school career. She comes home EVERY DAY and says that her day was "amazing" or "awesome" or "fantastic." I'm only sad that my little won't get to experience that same teacher when he gets to be that age.
They're phasing out the program she's in at that school and will only have it at a school across town.

I will need to decide by the end of the school year (when our lease is up) where we'll be moving to and what school district they will be attending. Depending on the district, my daughter could be in middle school (6-8), elementary school (K-6), or intermediate school (4-8). I may be persuaded into moving across town so DS can attend the program at School B and driving DD to School A where she's at now to finish out her last year with that teacher and with those kids (who have all been in the same class, give or take a few, since 1st grade). I guess we'll see how the year goes!
Old 08-30-2019, 12:44 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Kids go back end of January/beginning of February here.

Posting my pic cos I’m sure it’s blurred in the gallery - but FACS changed the regulations the other week and we no longer have to blur the faces out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2022, 09:26 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

The thread’s old, but I like your collages. They are really sweet and remind me of the days when I had to go to school. I cannot say I miss the school, but I do miss some other kids there, especially in high school.
Now I think that when I have my own kids, I won’t send them to middle school and elementary school. I prefer to homeschool them, teach them everything I know, and then find them some good teachers on a platform based on https://tutorcruncher.com/average-tutoring-rates/. I think it would be more beneficial and less traumatizing for them. They would still be able to play with other kids and make friends but not in school.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

since the thread was bumped lol

freshman year in college:

sophomore in high school:

and first grade: