Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2021, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Unhappy Have you ever injured someone by accident...

So..... I almost knocked down my physical therapist! I could tell she was in pain afterwards. I FEEL AWFUL and apologized like a GAZILLION times. She had to leave for a few minutes. I was really concentrating in the exercise and didn't realized she had moved and I just poked her (but like super hard) right above the brow w/ my nail.

Do I bring her "I am sorry" little gift? OMG, I am seeing her on TH. I might even cancel. I am so flippin' embarrased!

Old 08-31-2021, 01:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sort of. . .but it wasn't my fault really. I was waiting to pull out into traffic on a busy road and looking left, a driver waved me in, and I pulled up slowly when out of nowhere the right side of my car was hit. This boy was riding SUPER fast on the sidewalk, rounded a corner and slammed into my car. I was really shaken when I saw a bike under my car--made me feel sick. The police showed me the dent in the front panel and told me he must have been going fast. The boy was okay thank goodness. His dad came and got him and his bike, and they all apologized for the damage to my car, but I was traumatized for days.

That's why bikes aren't supposed to be on the sidewalk. Especially traveling at high speeds against traffic.

Maybe a little gift or flowers might make you both feel better.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would bring a small gift as well ... I had to laugh but I can imagine how awkward the whole thing was.

I slammed my daughter's finger in the car door when she was seven and severed the tip of her finger. I didn't know she was there, poor kid. But to this day she loves to use that story as an ice breaker, lol. Maybe you will both get a chuckle out of it in hindsight. Make fun of your clutzyness while apologizing and giving her something, can't go wrong lol
Old 08-31-2021, 03:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Besides being the one causing a car accident because I was too afraid to push on the breaks too fast so the car behind me wouldn't crash into me?? well I crash into the one in front of me which caused that one to crash into another, and another... so it was all my stupid fault and had to pay for it all. And I was pregnant! hmmmm

I say if you feel bad about it, write a little note and have it sent to the person or bring something next time you see her. Flowers was a nice idea.

I also caused my first born to crash while on her balance bike, thinking she was ready for a bigger slope... she didn't know how to stop and crashed into a metal railing which caused quite the injury and she has stitches. It was so traumatizing for everyone. :'( even her dad almost fainted when they were trying to sew her up.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The one I remember is having involuntarily made my son fall facing the first on the tiled floor at my grand mother's, he fell on his two incisors and it was bleeding a lot. He was two or three years old and they were baby teeth. I was doing something fast and didn't see it happen. Fortunately a dentist saw him, gave him an X-ray and everything was fine especially for the permanent teeth that were growing behind. We watched him for a while but everything went well, no consequences.

Personally, I will go back with a little gift, flowers just to say how sorry I am. But you didn't do it on purpose, unfortunately accidents happen. I understand that you feel bad but don't feel too guilty.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Besides being the one causing a car accident because I was too afraid to push on the breaks too fast so the car behind me wouldn't crash into me?? well I crash into the one in front of me which caused that one to crash into another, and another... so it was all my stupid fault and had to pay for it all. And I was pregnant! hmmmm

I say if you feel bad about it, write a little note and have it sent to the person or bring something next time you see her. Flowers was a nice idea.

I also caused my first born to crash while on her balance bike, thinking she was ready for a bigger slope... she didn't know how to stop and crashed into a metal railing which caused quite the injury and she has stitches. It was so traumatizing for everyone. :'( even her dad almost fainted when they were trying to sew her up.
This is awful Lea, this is my worst fear when when the cars slows down suddenly.
For your daughter you must have feel so bad, sorry for you all.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:21 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I'm sure she understands, but I would bring her a Starbucks or some little gifty just to say, "Hey, sorry I stabbed you." Then you can laugh and move on.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yes - I was a 5th grader. My 5th grade teacher (whom I adored) invited my best friend and I to go mini-golfing with she and her husband. I was having fun & decided to be silly (not characteristic of me). I swung my mini-golf club like a golf club (not realizing she was behind me to my left)and hit her in the forehead with it - lots of blood, quick exit from the mini golf place, dropped off at home and then she had to go get stitches =( Still feel horrible about it 40 years later ...
Old 08-31-2021, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
I'm sure she understands, but I would bring her a Starbucks or some little gifty just to say, "Hey, sorry I stabbed you." Then you can laugh and move on.
Yes. My thoughts.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hit a person with my car in college. I was going super slow but she played it up big time. Instead of using the crosswalk she darted out between 2 cars into the road. I never saw her till she slid across my hood. I was in shock for a while...tried to blame me but too many witnesses knew it wasn't my fault.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I hit a person with my car in college. I was going super slow but she played it up big time. Instead of using the crosswalk she darted out between 2 cars into the road. I never saw her till she slid across my hood. I was in shock for a while...tried to blame me but too many witnesses knew it wasn't my fault.
Oh my!! How super scary!
Old 08-31-2021, 09:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I only ever usually hurt myself, not others lol

Old 08-31-2021, 10:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

At the time I was so sorry to have hit my son-in-law in the head with a golf club but now we look back and laugh about it. He was practicing his swing in the backyard and I took the club to show him something and didn't realize he was behind me and I swung full force. I knocked him down and he had a huge goose egg bump and bruising but he was ok.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I startle easily, and one day at work, a coworker came up behind me and touched my shoulder, I screamed, turned and punched him. I didn't hit him that hard, but I shocked the heck right out of him. I was totally embarrassed about it and I still get teased about the day I punched Roman and it had to be over 10 years ago now. Lesson to my co-workers, don't sneak up on me and don't ever touch me. LOL
Old 09-01-2021, 01:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I startle easily, and one day at work, a coworker came up behind me and touched my shoulder, I screamed, turned and punched him. I didn't hit him that hard, but I shocked the heck right out of him. I was totally embarrassed about it and I still get teased about the day I punched Roman and it had to be over 10 years ago now. Lesson to my co-workers, don't sneak up on me and don't ever touch me. LOL
haha that would have been awesome to watch on video. Total America's Funniest Video moment.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Sort of. . .but it wasn't my fault really. I was waiting to pull out into traffic on a busy road and looking left, a driver waved me in, and I pulled up slowly when out of nowhere the right side of my car was hit. This boy was riding SUPER fast on the sidewalk, rounded a corner and slammed into my car. I was really shaken when I saw a bike under my car--made me feel sick. The police showed me the dent in the front panel and told me he must have been going fast. The boy was okay thank goodness. His dad came and got him and his bike, and they all apologized for the damage to my car, but I was traumatized for days.

That's why bikes aren't supposed to be on the sidewalk. Especially traveling at high speeds against traffic.

Maybe a little gift or flowers might make you both feel better.
wow seriously, he must have been coming so fast to leave a hard dent on your side.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I would bring a small gift as well ... I had to laugh but I can imagine how awkward the whole thing was.

I slammed my daughter's finger in the car door when she was seven and severed the tip of her finger. I didn't know she was there, poor kid. But to this day she loves to use that story as an ice breaker, lol. Maybe you will both get a chuckle out of it in hindsight. Make fun of your clutzyness while apologizing and giving her something, can't go wrong lol
OMG, I did something similar to that with Bianca when she was a baby.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

GURL! I might bring her flowers.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
The one I remember is having involuntarily made my son fall facing the first on the tiled floor at my grand mother's, he fell on his two incisors and it was bleeding a lot. He was two or three years old and they were baby teeth. I was doing something fast and didn't see it happen. Fortunately a dentist saw him, gave him an X-ray and everything was fine especially for the permanent teeth that were growing behind. We watched him for a while but everything went well, no consequences.

Personally, I will go back with a little gift, flowers just to say how sorry I am. But you didn't do it on purpose, unfortunately accidents happen. I understand that you feel bad but don't feel too guilty.
OMG, those baby teeth and anything on the mouth or face bleeds so so much!

Old 09-01-2021, 11:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
OMG... too funny with the sorry I stabbed you. Maybe I can make her a card.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
Yes - I was a 5th grader. My 5th grade teacher (whom I adored) invited my best friend and I to go mini-golfing with she and her husband. I was having fun & decided to be silly (not characteristic of me). I swung my mini-golf club like a golf club (not realizing she was behind me to my left)and hit her in the forehead with it - lots of blood, quick exit from the mini golf place, dropped off at home and then she had to go get stitches =( Still feel horrible about it 40 years later ...
OH MY GOODNESS! ouch, poor woman.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
Oh one of those people. We used to have one in college, to try to get money out of the kids driving.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I only ever usually hurt myself, not others lol
Oh I do this all the time, I am a super clutz!

Old 09-02-2021, 07:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
At the time I was so sorry to have hit my son-in-law in the head with a golf club but now we look back and laugh about it. He was practicing his swing in the backyard and I took the club to show him something and didn't realize he was behind me and I swung full force. I knocked him down and he had a huge goose egg bump and bruising but he was ok.
You see, golf is dangerous. LOL!!!

Old 09-02-2021, 07:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I punch to when startled. LOL!!! Twinsies!

Old 09-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
OMG, those baby teeth and anything on the mouth or face bleeds so so much!
So true!

So what are you doing finally?
Old 09-02-2021, 11:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

To be honest, I wouldn't bring anything. I would apologize and move on, but I don't stress about stuff like that and I know lots of others do.

I feel like, at some point, I have to have accidentally hurt someone, but I can't think of anything right now.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
So true!

So what are you doing finally?
they called me to cancel the appointment.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't bring anything. I would apologize and move on, but I don't stress about stuff like that and I know lots of others do.

I feel like, at some point, I have to have accidentally hurt someone, but I can't think of anything right now.
I understand and hubby told me the same thing. LOL!!

Old 09-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
they called me to cancel the appointment.
What?! I really hope it's completely unrelated to what you did.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
What?! I really hope it's completely unrelated to what you did.
Me too. LOL!!!! but at this point it is what it is.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Me too. LOL!!!! but at this point it is what it is.
If it is, that is an extreme reaction. You will have to let us know.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If it is, that is an extreme reaction. You will have to let us know.
Lady, called me in the afternoon to apologize because the school call her and she needed to pick up her kid. Apparently, he got injured in PE.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Lady, called me in the afternoon to apologize because the school call her and she needed to pick up her kid. Apparently, he got injured in PE.
Pfeww that's a relief that you weren't the cause of the cancellation!
Old 09-03-2021, 04:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh prefer that because as other ladies said this would just have been extreme reaction! Hope your next appointment will be more quiet.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Pfeww that's a relief that you weren't the cause of the cancellation!
right? I was really dreading going next week if she hadn't called.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh prefer that because as other ladies said this would just have been extreme reaction! Hope your next appointment will be more quiet.
Me too, because I swear it hurts more now than before.