Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-31-2020, 03:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default November 2020: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Appreciation
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : Mystery Bag Collab
Scrap a page using SSD's current Mystery Bag Collab!
** If for any reason you weren't able to snag this collab, then simply use a favorite FWP kit from your stash. No Worries! **

#3. Featured : Amber + Em
Our featured designer articles have been expanded since we started our alphabet inspired series, and are showcased on the blog each time a new designer goes into the spotlight. Your challenge is to use any solo product from one of our featured designers this month PLUS discover something from either Wendy or Cindy's interviews this month to use as inspiration for a layout, be sure to tell us what inspired you in your gallery comments!

The following are a few ideas on how you may glean inspiration from a FD interview... Using this interview with Meg [featured in December] ... You might be inspired by the red and white cookie jars in her kitchen to scrap a red & white layout. Maybe you'd like to include the quote she shared “The Best Thing About Memories Is Making Them” on your page, maybe you were inspired by the letter “G” to scrap your own OLW starting with the letter G... or perhaps you might simply want to lift one of the layouts created by the Babes to show off the FD freebie. It’s totally up to YOU to decide how you'd want to be loosely inspired by one of our FD blog posts.

#4. Inspired By : Creative Titlework
Create a page that celebrates a unique spin on your titlework. Try something new, something unique, something daring, something unusual!

#5. List : Holiday Shopping
Create a page that includes your holiday shopping list! Keep it secret, keep it safe

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Photos as Backgrounds
Scrap a page using a photograph as your background.

#8. Quote : The Root of Joy is Gratefulness
You can creatively incorporate quotes into your page as titles, using journal cards or including the quote within your journaling.

#9. Seasonal : Holly's 30 Days of Gratitude
Choose a favorite prompt and play along with Holly's 30 Days of Gratitude challenge featured in the forum.

#10. Typography : Thanksgiving Alpha/Wordart/JCs
Use an Alpha [individual or included in a kit], Wordart, or Journal Card that's available from the Thanksgiving Category in the Shoppe.

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Full Diagonal Tilt
Create a layout where the entire page design is tilted diagonally.

#13. Journal : Journal Shapes
Use paper shapes to document your story.

#14. Currently : Thankful for....

#15. Color : Scrap with this month’s color swatch.
It should be obvious that the page you've created was inspired by the colors featured in the swatch image posted below.
** You don’t necessarily have to use all of the colors shown [use 2, or 3, or all 5] **

#16. Pop Culture : Entertainment Inspired Merchandise
Our favorite books, tv series, broadway shows, and movies are available in so many wonderfully fun forms to celebrate our fandom these days. Including ready to wear merchandise, shoes, bags, and collectibles. Scrap a page that gives a shout out to one of your [or a loved ones] favorites!

#17. Details : Stitched Shapes
Have some fun stitching down your favorite paper shapes!

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim E. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by lingovise; 11-01-2020 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hi. For #9. Seasonal : Holly's 30 Days of Gratitude... can/do we just pick one of the prompts and make one layout to count for the Passport challenge?
Old 11-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For #2...Since most of the items are templates in their stores and that is SSD product does the kit used on that template have to be SSD also? Am I making sense? Not trying to be difficult, just trying to use more of my stash since I have a million kits SSD and non
Old 11-06-2020, 03:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
Hi. For #9. Seasonal : Holly's 30 Days of Gratitude... can/do we just pick one of the prompts and make one layout to count for the Passport challenge?
Yes, simply pick one of your favorite prompts to scrap about.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
For #2...Since most of the items are templates in their stores and that is SSD product does the kit used on that template have to be SSD also? Am I making sense? Not trying to be difficult, just trying to use more of my stash since I have a million kits SSD and non
Hey Kimberly... I’m not sure I understand your question. #2 is just using the FWP Mystery Bag collab that’s currently available. Are you inquiring about the templates included within that collection? If so, you’re free to use those templates with any SSD product you’d like.

General template info for challenges... you can mix and match any kit/template available from SSD designers. You may also use any SSD kit with an outside shop template, but not an outside kit with an SSD template. Does that make sense? Answer your question? Please feel free to PM me if I’ve misunderstood your question
Old 11-06-2020, 05:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think what she meant was for the featured designers, since they mostly sell templates, she wants to know if it's okay to use outside kit for the template she will use from either Amber or Em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
Hey Kimberly... I’m not sure I understand your question. #2 is just using the FWP Mystery Bag collab that’s currently available. Are you inquiring about the templates included within that collection? If so, you’re free to use those templates with any SSD product you’d like.

General template info for challenges... you can mix and match any kit/template available from SSD designers. You may also use any SSD kit with an outside shop template, but not an outside kit with an SSD template. Does that make sense? Answer your question? Please feel free to PM me if I’ve misunderstood your question
Old 11-06-2020, 06:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I think what she meant was for the featured designers, since they mostly sell templates, she wants to know if it's okay to use outside kit for the template she will use from either Amber or Em...
Sorry yes...meant for #3...my bad. It has been a busy crazy day
Old 11-08-2020, 02:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

ok I have a question....do we have to do all 30 prompts AND ALL 18 passport challenges for this to count on our passport completion or can we do all 30 prompts but also use some of them for our passport challenges? for example could we use prompt #2 comfort in combination with passport challenge #18 scraplift?
Old 11-08-2020, 11:02 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
ok I have a question....do we have to do all 30 prompts AND ALL 18 passport challenges for this to count on our passport completion or can we do all 30 prompts but also use some of them for our passport challenges? for example could we use prompt #2 comfort in combination with passport challenge #18 scraplift?
You can do all the 30 prompts and use those pages for the passport challenges, Angie. You are not require to do all the 30 prompts to make it count as a passport completion, just the 18 passport challenges.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are those the correct featured designers for this month? The last blog article and kit is from Clever Monkey Graphics. When will a new blog article come out?
Old 11-11-2020, 02:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Are those the correct featured designers for this month? The last blog article and kit is from Clever Monkey Graphics. When will a new blog article come out?
Wondering the same thing.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:56 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes, they are correct. Amber's feature should be out today (13 Nov). Please wait for it.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Yes, they are correct. Amber's feature should be out today (13 Nov). Please wait for it.
Okay, thanks!
Old 11-13-2020, 12:34 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I was coming to ask if it was me not finding the post... my brain is worse than ever with reading...

Any idea when Emma's one will be posted?

Old 11-13-2020, 08:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What do we do since Amber's featured has been postponed?
Old 11-13-2020, 11:36 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Emma's feature is scheduled for 27th at the moment. I'll ask whether that will change or not, since Amber is unable to do her feature due to her daughter being hospitalised.
I'll get back as soon as I get an answer.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Emma's feature is scheduled for 27th at the moment. I'll ask whether that will change or not, since Amber is unable to do her feature due to her daughter being hospitalised.
I'll get back as soon as I get an answer.
just read this now, I did use Em as my featured I hope that is ok.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:41 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
just read this now, I did use Em as my featured I hope that is ok.
Jaye, dear girl (so good to see you more often here

I think the reason we are waiting for the interviews is because we are supposed to base the page in something mentioned in the interview?

I know I realized I wasn't doing it last month, so I try to pay attention a bit more....
I guess I could always talk to Emm and ask her what she will say in her interview and make the page anyway LOL

To be honest, I think Emm is such a role model for any woman and artist, that I would even make the page about her.........maybe that would qualify?

was trying to finish the 18 this next week because I have tons to do in the end of the month, both scrap and life wise... but I guess can always find my way round it

Old 11-17-2020, 11:44 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
Your challenge is to use any solo product from one of our featured designers this month PLUS discover something from either Wendy or Cindy's interviews this month to use as inspiration for a layout, be sure to tell us what inspired you in your gallery comments!
Is there an interview this month?
Old 11-21-2020, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am so stuck on pop culture #16. I may be overthinking it. Suggestions, ideas?
Old 11-21-2020, 03:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am so stuck on pop culture #16. I may be overthinking it. Suggestions, ideas?
What is considered pop culture?

In the modern West, pop culture refers to cultural products such as music, art, literature, fashion, dance, film, cyberculture, television, and radio that are consumed by the majority of a society's population. Popular culture is those types of media that have mass accessibility and appeal.

For my daughter that is the Marvel Franchise. She's obsessed with anything and everything to do with Marvel and superheroes.

You could write about maybe an aspect of pop culture that you DON'T follow, like Kardashians or some fad fashion that your kids are into etc.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
What is considered pop culture?

In the modern West, pop culture refers to cultural products such as music, art, literature, fashion, dance, film, cyberculture, television, and radio that are consumed by the majority of a society's population. Popular culture is those types of media that have mass accessibility and appeal.

You could write about maybe an aspect of pop culture that you DON'T follow, like Kardashians or some fad fashion that your kids are into etc.
not following something might be a better idea for me, thank you!! I follow sports.......specifically the Toronto Blue Jays but I don't purchase a lot of theme stuff.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So is everyone waiting for Em's interview before doing the #3 challenge?

Old 11-30-2020, 07:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Could someone verify for me that my finished passport is showing up in the main thread? Spot number 13, I believe. I noticed that in some of the previous months, my passport image no longer shows up. I can see this month's showing up in the thread post, but wanted to make sure it wasn't because I already have access to where it's privately hosted. Hope that makes sense.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Could someone verify for me that my finished passport is showing up in the main thread? Spot number 13, I believe. I noticed that in some of the previous months, my passport image no longer shows up. I can see this month's showing up in the thread post, but wanted to make sure it wasn't because I already have access to where it's privately hosted. Hope that makes sense.
I can see your passport in your post. Great job!
Old 11-30-2020, 08:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I can see your passport in your post. Great job!
Thanks for checking for me!
Old 11-30-2020, 03:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
not following something might be a better idea for me, thank you!! I follow sports.......specifically the Toronto Blue Jays but I don't purchase a lot of theme stuff.
I don't purchase anything like that either. I went with "something I would buy if I ever bought something" but of course it will probably never happen. lol
Old 11-30-2020, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
When I am stuck I try to go back and look at all the other layouts using the prompt to see if it sparks an idea. You can go to the thread where everyone has there layouts linked to the Pop Culture and see if it sparks an idea. Mine may not helped. I have my little guy from 2014 in a Spiderman costume. I like Lea idea of things you would buy. You could do a layout of The Blue Jays and some fun memorabilia you would love to purchase one day or just a page on your love of the Blue Jays.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
When I am stuck I try to go back and look at all the other layouts using the prompt to see if it sparks an idea. You can go to the thread where everyone has there layouts linked to the Pop Culture and see if it sparks an idea. Mine may not helped. I have my little guy from 2014 in a Spiderman costume. I like Lea idea of things you would buy. You could do a layout of The Blue Jays and some fun memorabilia you would love to purchase one day or just a page on your love of the Blue Jays.
I do that as well. I ended up doing one about Mickey Mouse and how popular he is for adults and children but not something we went crazy about.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I do that as well. I ended up doing one about Mickey Mouse and how popular he is for adults and children but not something we went crazy about.
I think that's a great take on it!