Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 12-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default January 2010: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey Chicklets!!

We are sooo excited to roll out the very first challenge portfolio of 2010! We really hope the prompts below inspire you to scrap a ton this month. Our team has already gotten started creating their own portfolios to inspire you, so check em out after you read through this month's fun tasks!

For ease of reference, we've created a printable checklist of this month's portfolio. Click the link below to download and print!

As always, you MUST use primarily Sweet Shoppe products to complete your challenge layouts.

January 2010: Sweet Shoppe Scrapper's Portfolio

One Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

2 - January 13th is Make Your Dreams Come True Day. Scrap one of your biggest dreams. Include a to-do list outlining how you're going to make that dream come true.

3 - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.

4 - Get Organized! The 1st of the year is the perfect time to regroup and reorganize, choose one place in your home to take before and after photos of and document the reorganization process!

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

6 - Twitterpatted - With the advent of sites like Twitter, many of us have begun to share snippets of what we're doing right this second with the rest of the world. Using that concept, scrap a photo free, graphic layout that expresses what you're doing RIGHT NOW. Don't over-think it!

7 - Use the incredible website Before I Die... as inspiration for a page of your own.

8 - Holiday Aftermath: Now that the holidays are over, the decorations are put away, the guests gone back home and real life is back in session, scrap a layout about those "must have" toys and gifts which have already been tossed aside & forgotten.

9 - January looks like... Take a photo looking out your front door or a window, standing on your driveway or front porch or even what your kids are wearing to school and scrap it! You'll see this challenge again and again throughout 2010, so choose a spot or subject which will illustrate the passage of time or seasons changing in an easy to capture photo.

10 - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout.

11 - The Midseason TV break is over! What show are you most looking forward to seeing return this month? Scrap It!

12 - January 31st is Backwards Day - put your thinking cap on and use the concept of 'backwards' as a design element on your page.

13 - If I could be a _________, I would be a _________. Scrap It!

14 - January is National Hobby Month. Create a layout which celebrates your favorite hobby be it scrapbooking or something else. As an alternative, consider scrapping your husband or child's favorite hobby!

15 - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows!

16 - Behind Closed Doors: Your Closet(s). Shoot it & scrap it, but DON'T clean it!

17 - What we did today: Dateline January X, 2010. Simple enough, scrap a family memoir of a single day in January from start to finish!

18 - The ipod/itunes silhouettes are iconic! Use them as a source of inspiration for a layout...

19 - Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout.

20 - Eyeball Benders: Use the macro setting on your camera to capture some of your family's favorite things from a whole new point of view (see the examples below) and scrap a whimsical and playful look at these "things".

Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

21 - Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a layout with photos taken from their point of view.

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too)

23 - January 23rd is National Handwriting Day! Get creative and create a layout which features your personal handwriting prominently on the page. If you have a custom font featuring your handwriting, feel free to use it! You can also journal with your favorite paper and pen and scan or photograph it too!

24 - Create a layout which uses no less than 8 different alphabets or fonts. NOTE: a combination of both does not count.

25 - Two Sides of Sweet: New Year's Resolutions can inspire wonderful changes in our lives, but they can also make us crazy with feeling like we just can't do it. Pick a resolution you've made in the past or will be making for 2010, and create a layout that shows off the sweet and not so sweet sides of trying to accomplish this change in your life.

26 - Year In Review: Things You Meant To Do. Create a layout which captures those things you meant to do in 2009, but never got around to accomplishing.

27 - January 4th is Trivia Day - create a page that shares some trivia about you or one of your little ones.

28 - Traditions: How Does Your Family Ring In The New Year?

29 - Color Me Katie has spectacular inspiration, but one of our favorite things on this site is the short little stories she tells with a few words and pictures like this or this or even this. Get creative with your own photos and short captions to tell your own mini story in a layout.

30 - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points)

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible

31 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

31a - Introduce Yourself with Basic Stats
31b - 10 things I Love About Me
31c - If I could live anywhere, it would be...
31d - If a song turned on when I walked in the room, it would be...
31e - If I had a million dollars...

32 - Past, Present, Future: Travel - scrap a trio of layouts which represent your travel memories of past, present & future.

32a - A childhood vacation
32b - A recent vacation
32c - A dream vacation

Ten Point Task - 10 Primary Points Possible

33 - Mini Badge Albums - This month we’re creating a mini album using plastic name badge holders, business card file or trading card keepers. Use one of the fabulous projects below as inspiration to create a mini album of your own that includes at least 6 two sided pages (12 mini pages total).

Mini Business Card Album by Teresa Victor
Perfect Purse Album by Julie Brooks
Mini Badge Album by Julie Michelle

Flex Tip #1 - Be Creative! If the challenge is asking for a TOP 10 of your favorite TV shows, feel free to scrap your husband's or child's favorite shows instead! If it's asking a question, feel free to ask the question of a loved one and scrap a page for them instead. The only time this wouldn't apply is to your Book of Me album which should be a stunning tribute to YOU!

DON'T FORGET! As you complete layouts for our challenges, you'll be tracking them yourself in one post that you'll update throughout the month. For January, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on February 1st. Our SugarBabes have started trackers of their own in this thread to show you how it's done, but here are the basics.

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to your tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbered list above and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

Happy New Year and Happy Scrapping!

Robin
Old 12-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

this is looking awesome Robin!

Saving a spot!

1- 1pt--Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

3- 1pt--Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.

5- 1pt--Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

Bonus pages:

1pt.--Take Out Tuesday – 1/12

1pt.--Featured Scrapper 1/8

1pt.--
Featured Staffer 1/15

Total:6 points

Last edited by crystalbella77; 01-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

1 pt.

3 - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009

1 pt.

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

1 pt

8 - Holiday Aftermath: Now that the holidays are over, the decorations are put away, the guests gone back home and real life is back in session, scrap a layout about those "must have" toys and gifts which have already been tossed aside & forgotten.

1 pt

10 - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout

1 pt.

11 - The Midseason TV break is over! What show are you most looking forward to seeing return this month? Scrap It!

1 pt.

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too)
Question #10 - What is Courage

Using New Release - 3 pts

29 - Color Me Katie has spectacular inspiration, but one of our favorite things on this site is the short little stories she tells with a few words and pictures like this or this or even this. Get creative with your own photos and short captions to tell your own mini story in a layout.

2 pts

30 - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points)

2 pts

I recreated this from the early days

Blog Bonus Challenge #2

1 pt

Blog Bonus Challenge #4

1 pt

Blog Bonus Challenge #5

1 pt.

31 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

Book of Me
5 pts

31d - If a song turned on when I walked in the room, it would be...

Total points to date: 21

Last edited by nikkiARNGwife; 01-29-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1- Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo 1 point

3- Year in Review: Pop Culture 1 point

10-Color Challenge 1 point

19- Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout. 1 point

22- Baby Love Letters 2 points

23- Handwriting Challenge 2 points

28- Traditions: How does your family celebrate the New Year? 2 point

31a- All About Me: Introduce Yourself with Basic Stats
For my He Said, She Said Book

31b- 10 Things I Love About Me

31e- All About Me: If I Had a Million Dollars...
For my He Said, She Said Book

BONUS Featured Scrapper 1/1 1 point

BONUS Featured Scrapper 1/8 1 point

]

BONUS Featured Scrapper 1/15 1 point

BONUS Featured Scrapper 1/29 1 point +1NR point

TOTAL: 20 points

Last edited by aly321; 01-30-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Looks fab!!

1- 1 point- lift of Jaclyn TOTM
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=114915

5- 1 point- Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

11- 1 point- The Midseason TV break is over! What show are you most looking forward to seeing return this month? Scrap It!
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=114617

22- 2 points- Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=114984

28 - 2 points- Traditions: How Does Your Family Ring In The New Year?
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=115863

TOTAL= 7 points

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

15 - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows! (1 pt.)

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! (1 pt.)

Total Points - 2

Last edited by Misty Cato; 01-03-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Challenge 10 - colouriffic 1 point plus a Hot4Hybrid extra

Challenge 19 - Use a winter themed kit for a non themed project 1 point plus a Hot4Hybrid extra

I used Dani's Checking It Twice christmas themed kit for this definitly non-Christmassy card. I twiddled with the colours on one of the papers to make it more turquoise.

TOTAL = 4 points

Last edited by Andrea Gourley; 12-31-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

1- 1 point TOTM lift

6 - 1 point Twitterpatted

7- 1 point Before I die...

19- 1 point Winter Kit for Non-Theme LO

22- 2 points Baby Love Letters- #83

26- 2 points Year in Review: Failed Goals

25- 2 points Two Sides of Sweet + 1 New Releases Bonus Point

31a-

total points to date: 11
Old 12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My TOTM lift:
1pt

Last edited by ZaCola3; 12-30-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is my spot......

1- Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January. (1 pt)

5. Hat Day - Scrap a page about one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! (1 pt)

10. Coloriffic - Use the following swatch for inspiration. (1 pt).

11. The Midseason Break is over - create a layout about the show you are looking forward to returning + NR - Sketchers No. Template by Julie Billingsley (1/2/10) (2 pts)

15. Scrap a page with no shadows (1 pt)

18. Be inspired by the Ipod/Itunes silhouettes (1 pt)

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters - Used Baby Love Letter #60 for my inspiration. (2 pts)

Bonus - Featured Scrapper 1/8 (1 pt):

31c. Create a layout - If I could live anywhere, it would be....

Bonus - Take-Out Tuesday Blog Prompt 1/26 (1 pt):

Total Points: 11

Last edited by d2vasquez; 01-26-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

10 - 1pt:

15 - 1pt

Total Points: 2

Penny

Last edited by Penny Springmann; 01-23-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

ack the pressure.. do i dare..

claiming my spot
Old 12-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Treat of the Month - Jaclyn Bernardo (mrs_jb) - 1 pt.

10. Colorrific - Using A Lot Like Love

Last edited by Aggie Aviso; 01-25-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1- 1pt; Lift a layout by Jacyln Bernardo

5- 1pt; Hat Day

22- 2pts; Baby Love Letters #6- How has this child changed your life?

BONUS: Featured Scrapper 1/1- Christine- 1pt

Total points: 5

Last edited by Teresa; 02-02-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1- 1 Point

3- 1 Point

5- 1 Point + NR Point(1/2)Pieces of me by Traci Reed

Total Points To Date: 4

Last edited by gracielou; 01-06-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saving my spot

1pt

3 - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.
1 pt

9 - January looks like... Take a photo looking out your front door or a window, standing on your driveway or front porch or even what your kids are wearing to school and scrap it! You'll see this challenge again and again throughout 2010, so choose a spot or subject which will illustrate the passage of time or seasons changing in an easy to capture photo.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...p?photo=118760

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley

Last edited by Amy Carey; 01-21-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

#1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our TOTM for January - 1pt

Total Points to Date = 1 pt
Old 01-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saving my spot...
1. TOTM Jaclyn lift:
1 point for lift
1 point for using new releases

Papers: Painterly neutrals Eva Kipler released 01/02/2010

TOTM 01/10:
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...19&ppuser=3190

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...40&ppuser=3798

10. Coloriffic:
1 point for color challenge

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...15&ppuser=3798

14. Hobby challenge
1 point for hobby challenge

15. Get Graphic...no shadows:
1 point for layout

Papers: Painterly neutrals Eva Kipler released 01/02/2010

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...6445&nocache=1

23. Handwriting:
2 points for handwriting challenge (used my handwriting font)

Template: This week (modified) released 01/02/10
Designer: Janet Phillips

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...5941&nocache=1

27 - January Trivia challenge:
2 points for trivia challenge and 1 point for new release

New release 01/16/10: Own It Lauren Grier Shawna Clingerman

24 Use 8 or more different fonts:
2 points for font challenge...I used 17 different fonts!!

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...90&ppuser=3798

29. short stories:
2 points for short stories

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...47&ppuser=3798

31 - Book of Me 2010:
5 points for 3 pages completed

31a - Introduce Yourself:

31b - 10 things:

31d - Song:

33. Mini Business Card Album
10 points for minimum of 12 pages...I made 16

*Bonus #1 - Supertwinkle scraplift
1 point for scraplift

Papers: Painterly neutrals Eva Kipler released 01/02/09
Word Snips Everyday Lauren Grier released 01/02/09

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...02&ppuser=3798

*Bonus #2 - Light background
1 point for layout

*Bonus #3 - Cookie Template
1 point for layout

--------------------
TOTAL: 35 points

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 01-24-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

#5, Hat-1 pt

#9 Recurring photo-1 pt

#10 Color-1 pt plus 1 New Release pt (This Week template, Janet Phillips, released 1/2)

#12, backwards-focal photos from the back-1 pt

#14, Hobby-1 pt

#19 Winter Kit-1 pt plus 1 New Release pt (Chill Out, Dani Mogstad, released 1/9)

#22 Friday Letters, prompt 112 What are your child's favorites?-2 pts

#23, Use your handwriting-2 pts

#24, 8+ alphas-2 pts

#29, Color Me Katie picture story-2 pts

#30, Digiscrap Rewind-2 pts plus 1 New Release point (Word Jumbles: Moments, Penny Springmann, released 1/2)

New LO:

Original LO:

#33, badge album-10 pts

Bonus #2, white background-1 pt

Bonus #3, Cookie Challenge-1 pt

Total: 31 points

Last edited by rach3975; 01-30-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

My spot!

1 point - Lift of Jaclyn

1 point - #3 Year in Review Pop Culture

1 point - #6 Twitterpatted

1 point + 1 point for NR (Chill Out Dani Mogstad) - #9 January Looks Like...

1 point - #10 Coloriffic

1 point - #13 If I could be a...I'd be a...

1 point + 1 for NR (Lauren Grier - That Love Thing) - #15 Scrap w/no shadows

1 point - #18 Ipod/Itunes Silhouette Inspiration:

2 points + 1 for NR (Cloud 9 KCB) - #22 Baby Love Letters

2 points + 1 for NR (Kick Start Shawna Clingerman) - #23 Handwriting

5 points - 3 part task - #31
A:

B:
C:

10 points - Perfect Purse Album - #33

Points to Date: 31

Last edited by tettletop20; 01-19-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a little scared to jump back into challenges (I haven't done them for like a year...) but I love the new system... so

here's my spot!

1 - 2 points- lift of Jaclyn TOTM + new release 1/9 (Where Fairies Dance)

TOTAL = 2 pts

Last edited by Sarah8914; 01-11-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1- lift the TOTM1pt

5- Scrap a favorite hat1pt

10- Coloriffic1pt

14 - Scrap your hobby1 pt

Last edited by Sari; 01-15-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my spot!

1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. (1 pt.)

5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! (1 pt.)

7 - Use the incredible website Before I Die... as inspiration for a page of your own. (1 pt.)

10 - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout. (1 pt.)

14 - January is National Hobby Month. Create a layout which celebrates your favorite hobby be it scrapbooking or something else. As an alternative, consider scrapping your husband or child's favorite hobby! (1 pt.)

15 - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows! (1 pt.)

21 - Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a layout with photos taken from their point of view. (2 pts.)
(2 pts. + 1 pt. for new release = 3 pts.)

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (2 pts.)

Inspired by Question Four: What is a friend?

Bonus #2 (1 pt.), New Release (1 pt.) = 2 pts.

TOTAL = 13 pts.

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn

Last edited by kresta; 01-22-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

#1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. 1pt

#14 Child's Favorite Hobby. 1 pt

#19 - Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout. 1pt

TOTAL - 3 pts

Last edited by cindys732003; 12-28-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am so pumped about this!!! What an exciting new challenge system!!!

#1. 2 PTS TOTM Lift Bonus PT: NEW RELEASE Fast Break by Libby Weifenbach
Layout posted on 1-4-10

#5 1 PT Hat Day

#9 1 PT January looks like....enjoying a bit of snow basketball!!

#10 1 PT Coloriffic Challenge

#19 1 PT Winter Themed kit to scrap non themed layout

#21 2 PTS Handed my camera over to the little ones!!

#22 2 PTS Baby Love Notes #87...what about your child makes you smile

#23 2 PTS National Handwriting Day....Seth's Week 31 page from 2009 is finally done!!! I used my own DJB Custom Font ~ KimW...I use it on all my 365 pages!!!

#24 3 PTS Bonus: New Release Sketchers 4 uploaded layout on 1/5/10
8 different fonts...used a variety of Pea Fonts and DJB KimW

#31 6 PTS Book About Me Bonus: New Release Pieces of Me uploaded layout on 1/7/10
31a. Basic Stats

31b. 10 Things I Love About Me

31c. If I could live anywhere, it would be....by the sea

#33 10 PTS Mini Badge Album

Bonus Challenge #1 2 PTS Bonus PT: NEW RELEASE Sketcher's 3 by Julie Billingsley
Layout posted on 1-4-10

Bonus Challenge #2 1 PT White Background

Bonus Challenge #3 2 PTS Bonus PT: Own It by La and Shawna (LO posted on 1/18) Cookie by Cindy S

Points Total: 36

Last edited by kim21673; 01-24-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: updating layouts
Old 01-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

#1 1pt. Treat of the Month lift of Jaclyn Bernardo

#3 1pt Year in Review-Top Ten Music i play

#5 1pt + 1pt for NR Where Fairies Dance-Misty Cato Hat Day

#7 1pt. Before I Die

#9 1 pt. January Looks Like

#10 1pt. Color Pallette

#11 1pt. Mid season TV

#15 1pt. No Shadows

#19 1pt non themed page using winter kit

#20 1pt Eyeball Benders

#22 2pts (+1pt 4 new release Kiss Me Kate by ScrapKitchen) Baby Love Letters.

#24 2pts + 1pt for NR Own It Eight different alpha's

#27 2pts Trivia

#30 2pts Digiscrap Rewind. Redid this layout.

Book of Me-5 pts for 3 layouts:

#31a About Me; Basic stats

#31b 10 Things I Love About Me

#31e About Me; If I Had a Million Dollars

1 pt Bonus Challenge #2

1 pt Bonus Challenge #4

1pt (+ 1pt NR Irresistible by Zoe Pearn) Bonus #5

Total: 30 pts

Last edited by junebug; 01-29-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Saving my spot

#1 (1 point) Scraplift Treat of the Month
MY BLOG

Last edited by emilymerritt(skrpbkmom); 01-07-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My home for the month of January!

#1 (1 point) Scraplift Treat of the Month

#2 (1 point) Dreams Come True pg.1and Steps (pg.2)

#5 (1 point) Hat LO (Easter)

#7 (1 point) Before I die challenge

#15 (1 point) No Shadows!

#22 (2 points) Baby Love Letters #102 10/30/09 (although I didn't write a letter, I did write about a little idea that I hope becomes a big one).

#24 (2 points) 8 different fonts (covering 2 pages). Page 2

#27 (2 points) Trivia Page (My ancestor Robert Benchley use to powwow at the Algonquin in NY)!

January Point Total: 11

Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Tiffany's Tidbits

Last edited by Ainwena; 01-11-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

FIRST! I guess not... 114 is me!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Amber's January Portfolio
#1 - Treat of the Month + 1/8 NR bonus = 2pts

#5 - Hat Layout + 1/8 NR bonus = 2pts

Total Points = 4pts

Last edited by Amber1279; 01-09-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo: 1 point + 1. I lifted "Seriously" and it also went hybrid (see the additional butterfly

5 - Hat Day 1 + 1 point. I used new Eva Kipler's kit "Alejandro:

12 - Backwards layout. 1 + 1 +1 point. The layout comprises of new Eva Kipler's kit "Alejandro" and Traci Reed's kit "Pieces of Me". Gone hybrid as it has been used for a CD print.

14 - Scrap your favourite hobby1 + 1 point. The layout comprises of new Traci Reed's kit "Pieces of Me".

15 - Layout with NO shadows 1 + 1 point. Gone hybrid, too.

19 - Winter themed kit for a non-themed layout 1 point

21 - Hand the camera off to your spouse... 2 points

22 - Baby Love Letters. 2 + 1 point. I got inspired by letter 78 when preparing a card for my close friend Maria who is an awsome mother.

23 - Personal handwriting 2 points

28 - Family Traditions - New Year 2 points

29 - Little Story - Color Me Katie 2 + 1 point. I used new kit by Misty Cato: Sending All My Love

30 - Digiscrap rewind. 2 points + 1 point. Printed as a gift for grandparents.

And here is the original LO:

BONUS CHALLENGE - Cindy Schneider's Template. 1 + 1 point. I used new Scrapkitchen's kit "Autobiography"

BONUS CHALLENGE - Pet 1 point.

Total: 30 points. I'm done!

Last edited by DeepGirl; 01-25-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:46 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Denise Umlauf

Grabbing my spot. Hopefully I can do some !

1 - Lift TOTM - 1pt

5 - Scrap the favorite or wackiest hat 1pt

30 - Digiscrap Rewind - 2pts
The original (it's not posted on galleries. I just looked through my old scrap folder)

And the new one

31 - Book of me - 5pts
31a - Basics

31b - 10 things I love about me

31d - If a song turned on when I walked in the room

Total: 9 points

Last edited by Denise Umlauf; 01-29-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

NeeNee's spot........

#10 Coloriffic - ONE POINT + 1 pt. for NR (Traci's Be You - released 1/23) = 2 pts. total

#14 Scrap A Hobby - ONE POINT + 1 pt. for NR (Penny's 2 pagers #26 - released 1/9) = 2 pts. total

#22 Baby Love Letters question 88 - TWO POINTS + 1 pt. for NR (Traci Reed's I Loved Her First - released 1/16) = 3 pts. total

#31 Book of Me 2010 - FIVE POINTS + 1 pt. for NR (Traci Reed's Live Your Life - released 1/9) = 6 pts. total

Using 31a

Using 31b

BONUS #2 Inspired by Raji - ONE POINT + 1 pt. for NR (Melissa Bennett's Heart Whispers - released 1/9) = 2 pts. total

BONUS #3 Inspired by Cindy Schneider - ONE POINT + 1 pt. for NR (Krystal and ScrapKitchen's The Very Thought of You - released 1/16) = 2 pts. total

BONUS #4 Inspired by Julie - 1 pt. total

TOTAL POINTS EARNED = 18

Creating for: Krystal Hartley

Last edited by neenee; 01-23-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Default January Portfolio

24 - Create a layout which uses no less than 8 different alphabets or fonts.
NOTE: a combination of both does not count.

TOTAL POINTS: 2
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot! so excited about these new challenges!

1. Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo (1 pt):
christmas eve 2008

4. Get Organized! (1 pt):
entertainment room makeover

5. Hat Day (1 pt):
santa hat

7. Before I Die (1pt):
Before I Die

19. winter themed kit for non-winter layout (1 pt):
my own room

21. Hand the camera off to your spouse (2 pt):
my boy

22. Baby Love Letters: Question 108 (2 pt):
gifts from the heart

25. Two Sides of Sweet (2pt):
30 pounds

28. Traditions (2pt):
New Years Eve

31. Book of Me (5 pts + 1 new release pt=6 pts):
a. this is me + 1 new release pt

b. 10 things

d. beautiful

32. Travel (5 pts):
a.trip down memory lane

b.adventure

c.dream vacation

Bonus Challenge #1 (1 pt):
gladiator in training

Bonus Challenge #2 (1 pt):
thankful

Bonus Challenge #3 (1pt):
my first chores

Bonus Challenge #4 (1pt):
phone envy

Bonus Challenge #5 (1pt + 1 new release pt):
top bunk

30 pts total

Last edited by scrapmommaof3; 01-30-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

#1 - Lift Jaclyn ~{1pt}~

#2 - Make Your Dream Come True Day ~{1pt}~

#11 - The Midseason TV break is over! ~{1pt}~

#21 - Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a layout with photos taken from their point of view. ~{2pts}~

#26 - Year in Review: Things you meant to do and you never got around to accomplishing. ~{2pts}~

#29 - Color Me Katie few words journaling inspiration. ~{2pts}~

TOTAL POINTS: 9

Last edited by Dani Alencar; 01-27-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

*1 Point

*1 Point
*1 Bonus Point
:
New Release: 2 Pagers Set XXV: 365 Day Inspired. Layout Date: 1/9/10

*1 Point
*1 Bonus Point
:
New Release: Bent Bunch 24. Layout Date: 1/23/10

6 - Twitterpatted - With the advent of sites like Twitter, many of us have begun to share snippets of what we're doing right this second with the rest of the world. Using that concept, scrap a photo free, graphic layout that expresses what you're doing RIGHT NOW.

*1 Point

*1 Point
*1 Bonus Point
:
New Release: Bent Bunch 25. Layout Date: 1/27/10

*1 Point

16 - Behind Closed Doors: Your Closet(s). Shoot it & scrap it, but DON'T clean it!

*1 Point

18 - The ipod/itunes silhouettes are iconic! Use them as a source of inspiration for a layout...

(I used the 3 pics in a row and the colors [which reminded me of easter] to scrap Easter pictures)
*1 Point

19 - Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout.

*1 Point

21 - Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a layout with photos taken from their point of view.

*2 Points
*1 Bonus Point
:
New Release: Pet Names Album. Layout Date: 1/29/10

(I used What is Your Child's Bedtime Routine? Prompt)
*2 Points

28 - Traditions: How Does Your Family Ring In The New Year?

*2 Points

33 - Mini Badge Albums - This month we’re creating a mini album using plastic name badge holders, business card file or trading card keepers.

*10 Points
*1 Bonus Point
:
New Release: Doodles and Damask. Layout Date: 1/30/10

TOTAL POINTS: 30

Last edited by meganmecrazy; 01-31-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooong time since I scrapped consistently and did SSD challenges! I'm gonna try this =)

#1 Lift a layout of Jaclyn's 1 point

#3 Year in review Pop culture 1 point .... the only thing I was TOTALLY into was Twilight...so here is a top 10 pic review of the main man himself ♥

# 5 National Hat Day =) 1 point

# 7 Before I die, 1 point

#8 Holiday Aftermath, the must have toy that now just lays there! 1 point

#10 Colorific 1 point

#13 If I could be a____I would be a______ 1 point

#15 Create a Layout with no shadows 1 point

#16 Behind Closed Doors (closet) 1 point

#19 use a winter theme kit for a non winter layout 1 point

#20 eyeball benders 1 point

#21 Hand off the Camera 2 points
my little bubba took it upon himself to take some self portraits! he did all the work for me!

#22 Baby Love Letters 2 points. I chose prompt 78, As a mother what three things do you hope to give your child/children.

#25 Two Sides of Sweet (2 pts challenge, 1 pt new release/jan 2 lets make resolutions, Lauren Grier)

#26 Year in Review 2 points

#27 create a page that shares some trivia about one of your little ones, 2 points

#30 Digi Scrap Rewind. 2 points

here is the old layout

here is the new and improved layout

# 31 - Book of Me 2010 5 points

31a - Introduce Yourself with Basic Stats (1 point NR, jan 3 pieces of me, Traci Reed)

31b 10 things I love about me

31c if I had a million dollars

Bonus #3, create a layout using January cookie from Cindy Schneider 1 point, NR The Very Sight of You, Krystal Hartley and Scrapkitchen 1/16/10 1 point

Bonus # 4 scrap a pet 1 point

total= 33 points

Last edited by amystoffel; 01-25-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

1 pt. + 1 pt. for NR (Inspired by Jaclyn templates from Darcy) 1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. (Jan.2)

1 pt. 3 - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.

1 pt. 4 - Get Organized! The 1st of the year is the perfect time to regroup and reorganize, choose one place in your home to take before and after photos of and document the reorganization process!

1 pt. + 1 pt. for NR (Inspired by Jaclyn templates from Darcy) 5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! (Jan 3)

1 pt. 6 - Twitterpatted - With the advent of sites like Twitter, many of us have begun to share snippets of what we're doing right this second with the rest of the world. Using that concept, scrap a photo free, graphic layout that expresses what you're doing RIGHT NOW. Don't over-think it!

1 pt. 11 - The Midseason TV break is over! What show are you most looking forward to seeing return this month? Scrap It!

1 pt. + 1 pt. for NR (Bottom Ups Set 5 templates from Traci Reed)13 - If I could be a _________, I would be a _________. Scrap It!

1 pt. 15 - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows!

1 pt. + 1 pt. for NR (Inspired by Jaclyn templates from Darcy) 16 - Behind Closed Doors: Your Closet(s). Shoot it & scrap it, but DON'T clean it! (Jan 3)

1 pt. 17 - What we did today: Dateline January X, 2010. Simple enough, scrap a family memoir of a single day in January from start to finish!

2pts. 21 - Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a layout with photos taken from their point of view.

2pts. 22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too). I chose questions 108- How are you teaching your children the gift of giving to others?

2 pt. + [B][COLOR="Purple"]1 pt. for NR (Own It from Lauren Grier & Shawna Clingerman) 27 - January 4th is Trivia Day - create a page that shares some trivia about you or one of your little ones. (Jan 17)

2pts. 28 - Traditions: How Does Your Family Ring In The New Year?

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...6950&nocache=1

2pts. 30 - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points)
Here is the new one:

and the old one:

1 pt. Bonus #1 - Christine (aka supertwinkle) has font and title work that is absolutely superb! Using her gallery as inspiration, create a page of your own where the title or font work really shines! (I hope this one was ok!)

1 pt. Bonus #2 - Raji (aka rsk) frequently uses white as the background on her layouts. Your challenge is to do the same by using a white or nearly white background on your own page. (not white space)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...75&ppuser=7359

1 pt. Bonus #3 - Cindy Schneider (aka cindys732003) is an awesome layout artist and template designer. Download January’s Cookie here and decorate it to make it your own. You have until the end of January to post this Bonus Layout into your Portfolio.

2 pt. + [B][COLOR="Purple"]1 pt. for NR (Exuberance Irrepressible from Traci Reed) Bonus #5 - Melissa (aka mlewis) can take the most everyday photo and turn it into a fabulous layout all by jorunaling. Your challenge is to do the same.

Total: 30 pts.

Last edited by sigmakap95; 01-31-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Thanks!

#1 lift of Jaclyn Bernardo for 2 pts (used NEW Dancing Tween by Eva Kipler):

#5 Hat day for 1 pt

#9 What January looks like for 1 pt

#24 Layout using 8 fonts for 2 pts

#27 Trivia about my little one for 2 pts

#28 Traditions - ringing in the new year for 2pts + 1bonus pt (used NEW Dancing Tween by Eva Kipler)

Running Total = 11 pts

Last edited by calliclaire; 01-29-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This looks so fun... save me a spot!

#1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January - I lifted "JB" by (mrs jb). I was inspired by the patterned background, journal mat, many layers, and border.
1 point

#5 - Hat Day is January 15th (posted 1-11-2010 - new release is Misty Cato - Where Fairies Dance)
1 point plus 1 point for NR = 2 points

#22 - Prompt from Baby Love Letters (I used prompt #66 - How has your neighborhood blessed your child?)
2 points

#23 - January 23rd is National Handwriting Day! Get creative and create a layout which features your personal handwriting prominently on the page.
2 points

#24 - Create a layout which uses no less than 8 different alphabets or fonts
2 points

#27 - January 4th is Trivia Day - create a page that shares some trivia about you or one of your little ones.
2 points plus 1 point for NR = 3 points
NR is Lauren Reid's "Sentiment Frameups No. 2" - New 1/30/10

#28 - Traditions: How Does Your Family Ring In The New Year?
New release is Traci Reed's Bottom Ups 5 Templates released 1/23/10 - LO posted 1/23/10
2 Points plus 1 point for NR = 3 Points

#32 - Past, Present, Future: Travel
10 pts for 3 layouts plus 1 pt for NR on 32c, see below = 11 points

32a Childhood Vacation - 1977-1992 Annual Trip to Mammoth

32b Recent - Dec 2009 Our Trip to see my family in Sacramento, CA

32c Dream Vacation (layout posted on 1-17-2010 with new release "Autobiography" by ScrapKitchen Designs)

Bonus #1 - Title work inspired by Christine (aka supertwinkle)
1 point

Bonus #2 - White Background inspired by Raji (aka rsk)
NR product is Be You by Traci Reed released 1/23/10 - LO posted 1/25/10 -
1 point plus 1 NR point = 2 points

Bonus #3 - Use Cindy Schneider's (aka cindys732003) Template
1 point

# with NR bonus - 5
Total Points - 30

Last edited by norton94; 01-31-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Got my spot! Woohoo, this is exciting!

1- Lift a LO by Jaclyn Bernardo- 1 pt.

Lift of Strings

7- Use the incredible website Before I Die as inspiration for a page of your own.- 1 pt.

5- Hat Day is January 15th- 1 pt.

10- Coloriffic- 1pt

19- Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed LO- 1 pt

21- Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a LO with photos taken from their point of view- 2pts

30- Digiscrap Rewind- using *NEW* release, Fruit Loopy by Melissa Bennett- 3 pts

Old LO:

New LO, with different composition, updated journaling, and some different photos:

31(a)- Introduce Yourself- using *NEW* release, Inspired by Jaclyn Templates by Darcy Baldwin

31(b)- 10 Things I Love About Me- using *NEW* releases, Inspired by Jaclyn Templates from Darcy Baldwin and Pieces of Me from Traci Reed

31(c) If I Could Live Anywhere It Would Be- using *NEW* release Inspired by Jaclyn Templates from Darcy Baldwin

Total for the 31 LO's- 7 pts

Total: 17 points

Last edited by profiler_mar; 01-30-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hi
Just posting to reserve a spot! Thanks!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1 - 1pt Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January

5 - 1 pt -Hat Day is January 15th

10 - 1 pt Colorific!

11 - 1 pt - Midseason TV return
1 NR pt Papers: Painterly neutrals Eva Kipler released 01/02/2010 (LO uploaded 1/3/10)

20 - 1 pt - Eyeball Benders (macro setting)

22 - 2 pts - Baby Love Letters (What about your child makes you smile?)
1 NR pt - Penny Springman Word Jumbles Moments (NR) (LO Uploaded 1/7/2010)

24 - 2 pts - Create a layout with 8 different alphas

Bonus #3 - 1 pt

Total: 12 pts

Last edited by Katie; 01-26-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Lukasmummy Send a message via MSN to Lukasmummy Send a message via Yahoo to Lukasmummy

Saving a space, if I get 1 or 2 layouts done this month it will be a huge improvement on the last few months and I will be happy lol. Hugs Crystal xx

1. Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. 1pt + 1 Bonus point for new release (Inspired by Jaclyn Templates by Darcy Baldwin released 2nd January 2010)

Bonus Challenge 2. Raji (aka rsk) frequently uses white as the background on her layouts. Your challenge is to do the same by using a white or nearly white background on your own page (not white space). 1pt

Bonus Challenge 3. Cindy Schneider (aka cindys732003) is an awesome layout artist and template designer. Download January’s Cookie and decorate it to make it your own. 1pt

Total points: 4

Last edited by Lukasmummy; 01-20-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Time flies for the challenge #10: Colorific (my layout kinda took a life of it's own) (1 point)

Challenge #1: Lift Jaclyn. I lifted JB: http://www.myscrapbookart.com/galler...mp;ppuser=2721 (1 point)

Challenge #27 - January 4th is Trivia Day - create a page that shares some trivia about you or one of your little ones. (2 points)

Challenge #15 - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows! (1 point)

Challenge #29 - Color Me Katie has spectacular inspiration, but one of our favorite things on this site is the short little stories she tells with a few words and pictures like this or this or even this. Get creative with your own photos and short captions to tell your own mini story in a layout. (2 points+1 New Release* 1/9 Chill Out)

Blog Challenge #2- rsk- using white as a background color (1 point + 1 NR point- Blast Off 1/9)

31 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points: (5/5 plus 1 NR bonus point- Kiss Me Kate 1/9)

31c - If I could live anywhere, it would be...

Challenge #19 - Use a winter themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout. (1 point)

Challenge #14 - January is National Hobby Month. Create a layout which celebrates your favorite hobby be it scrapbooking or something else. As an alternative, consider scrapping your husband or child's favorite hobby! (1 point)

30 - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points) (2 points)

Challenge #5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat! (1 point +1 NR point- Autobiography by Scrapkitchen 1/16)

Bonus Challenge #3- Cindy's Cookie Template (1 point +1 NR point- Own it 1/16)

Challenge #24 - Create a layout which uses no less than 8 different alphabets or fonts. NOTE: a combination of both does not count. (2 points)

Challenge #22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too) (2 points)
** I used Love Letter #87: What about your child always makes you smile?

Challenge #18 - The ipod/itunes silhouettes are iconic! Use them as a source of inspiration for a layout... (1 point)

Blog Challenge #5 (1 point)

Total: 30 Points (including 5 NR points)

Last edited by AllieP; 02-01-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Got me a spot! Now need to get scrapping....
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

All images are clickable.

1 - 1pt - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo, our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

5 - 1pt - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

10 - 1 pt - Coloriffic! Use the following swatch as inspiration to create a layout.

15 - 1 pt - Get Graphic: Scrap a layout with NO shadows!

16 - 1 Pt - Behind Closed Doors: Your Closet(s). Shoot it & scrap it, but DON'T clean it!

21 - 2 pts - Hand the camera off to your children or spouse and scrap a layout with photos taken from their point of view.
NR 1 bonus point - Blast Off Kit by Fee Jardin released 9 Jan 2010

Date: 11 Jan 2010

23 - 2 pts - January 23rd is National Handwriting Day! Get creative and create a layout which features your personal handwriting prominently on the page.

24 - 2 Pts - Create a layout which uses no less than 8 different alphabets or fonts. NOTE: a combination of both does not count.
NR 1 bonus point for new release A Merry Little Christmas Template by Janet Phillips released 2 Jan 2010
date: 8 Jan 2010

26 - 2 pts - Year In Review: Things You Meant To Do. Create a layout which captures those things you meant to do in 2009, but never got around to accomplishing.

29 - 2 pt - Color Me Katie has spectacular inspiration, but one of our favorite things on this site is the short little stories she tells with a few words and pictures like this or this or even this. Get creative with your own photos and short captions to tell your own mini story in a layout.

30 - 2 pts - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points)

Original Layout

The redo

33 - 10 pts - Mini Badge Albums
NR 1 bonus point - Blast Off Kit by Fee Jardin released 9 Jan 2010

13 Jan 2010

Bonus #3 - 1 pt

Total Points - 31

Last edited by schmoo; 01-27-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:40 AM
debzanne

profile gallery
Default January Portfolio

Okay, I'm in - first challenges at SSD.

#1 - Lift a layout by Jaclyn Bernardo [I picked this one], our Treat of the Month for January, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

#3 - Year In Review: Pop Culture - create a layout which features a Top 10 list of either your favorite Music, TV shows, Movies or Books from 2009.

#4 -Get Organized! The 1st of the year is the perfect time to regroup and reorganize, choose one place in your home to take before and after photos of and document the reorganization process!

#5 - Hat Day is January 15th - photograph and scrap one of your favorite people wearing their favorite or wackiest hat!

6 - Twitterpated - With the advent of sites like Twitter, many of us have begun to share snippets of what we're doing right this second with the rest of the world. Using that concept, scrap a photo free, graphic layout that expresses what you're doing RIGHT NOW. Don't over-think it!

32 - Past, Present, Future: Travel - scrap a trio of layouts which represent your travel memories of past, present & future.

a - A childhood vacation

b - A recent vacation - Yup, this is the last time we went on a vacation. Sad.

c - A dream vacation

Total points: 10

Last edited by debzanne; 01-31-2010 at 01:52 AM.