Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Bartolini View Post
Yeah, the Passporter said no Wifi at Wilderness....thanks for the update.

Yes, we'll be renting a stroller for sure.
It does have Wifi

You used to have to pay $15/day for Wifi but it's complimentary for now (I think it's some sort of trial)

I personally think the Wilderness Lodge is beautiful and would love to stay there sometime but it's not worth it just for the boat/theming. The boat can take upwards of 45 mins at times (I think it runs every 30 mins but not 100% positive) to get to where you are going..the monorail is so much faster.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-25-2012, 11:45 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post

Do you have a stroller? I'd really suggest you take one so you have it for around the resort. The resorts themselves are large areas, and then you've got to get from the transportation (monorail, boat, whatever) to the stroller rental. We've used boat, monorail and bus from the Grand Floridian and the walk can be lengthy to get from one place to another.

If your son has mobility issues, he'll be tired before he even gets to transportation.
that is what I was wondering too. The Disney stroller rentals just stay inside the parks and don't go to the resorts. If you are not taking your own stroller for outside of the parks (or renting from an outside company) then I'd suggest the Contemporary. I believe there would be less walking within the Contemporary than with the other resorts mentioned. The other resorts are more sprawling and it sounds like that could be an issue.

Another plus for the Contemporary is that I believe all the rooms have 2 beds plus a daybed/couch. When we went to Disney, we had to have that because my kids each have to have their own beds (there is an 11 year age difference and they don't share well). So my options were pretty limited for resorts. The villas are new since I was there, so I don't know their furnishings.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:51 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Ive been lots and lots and I personally dont think paying for the better view is worth it at all at Disney. Hawaii... yes, spring for the ocean view... Disney - you're out of the room soooo much and exhausted when you get back... it just isnt worth the money IMO.
I agree. Unless you get a killer deal like we did, it's not worth it. You saw my pic, the castle is visible, but it's pretty far out there. We lucked out and got a theme park view room for the less than price of a basic garden view room, then I paid only $200 total for the upgrade for the concierge. I'd never had done it otherwise. I'd much rather spend the money on staying longer than on a view room. But that is just me.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
I personally think the Wilderness Lodge is beautiful and would love to stay there sometime but it's not worth it just for the boat/theming. The boat can take upwards of 45 mins at times (I think it runs every 30 mins but not 100% positive) to get to where you are going..the monorail is so much faster.
There were always long waits and lines for the boats when we went. We finally gave up on them and parked (we had our car) and then took the trams to the monorail.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

The Poly has 2 queens and a daybed as well

Not sure if all of the rooms at the Contemp and Poly do so you might have to request it

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-25-2012, 11:57 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
The Poly has 2 queens and a daybed as well

Not sure if all of the rooms at the Contemp and Poly do so you might have to request it
All the Poly does. And the Wilderness Lodge has some junior suites that I think do too. Can't remember. And off the monorail, the Beach Club and Yacht Club have them by request.

Is the Poly off your list Susan?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Wow I didn't realize that some of you guys spend so much to go to Disneyland/world. We normally just buy the 4 day disney tickets for entrance to the parks. Sometimes we add on the optional park hopper pending on how we feel for the trip. Buy our airfare and just stay at our parents rental house off site if we go to florida and at the Peacock suites when we go to Cali. We always take our lunch into the park (sandwiches and juice boxes, along with lots of snacks in our back packs all from the grocery store and then leave around dinner time and go out to eat somewhere other than disney properties....It's usually pretty cheap this way. GL with figuring out the additional stuff.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
All the Poly does. And the Wilderness Lodge has some junior suites that I think do too. Can't remember. And off the monorail, the Beach Club and Yacht Club have them by request.

Is the Poly off your list Susan?
Yeah...it is between the GF and the Contemporary with my husband leaning towards GF.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:35 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Bartolini View Post
Yeah...it is between the GF and the Contemporary with my husband leaning towards GF.
both seem like awesome places to stay either choice sounds dreamy!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I agree with Julie I think either place sounds fab!! Hope y'all have fun!!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

susan, i know this will be a bit late for your plans - but we are going to disney on feb 3rd and staying at the GF ... we are going with another couple and that mom made ALL the plans b/c i've been too busy w/ other things, but i know we are using the babysitting one night. we also have a lot of character meals planned and stuff. once i get back, i'll update here w/ any thoughts

one question for those who do disney a lot - i've heard a little about the photo pass thing but don't know much about it ...... is it worth it? do you have to get it in advance? (i'm sure i could be googling this - but if someone knows off-hand ... )

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 01-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana View Post
one question for those who do disney a lot - i've heard a little about the photo pass thing but don't know much about it ...... is it worth it? do you have to get it in advance? (i'm sure i could be googling this - but if someone knows off-hand ... )
get it!

You can order it in advance for $99 or I think it's $149 afterwards (although they sent me a coupon to get it for $114)

It was nice to just put the camera down sometimes and have them take the pics...plus you get some great shots. You can def take advantage of the photopass folks...there's no limit on the number of cards you get. I hate having my picture made but I sucked it up and made some memories that my kids can look back on and see me in lol We ended up with hundreds of great pics with the photopass

Also you can hand your camera off to the photopass people too and they will take a pic with your camera as well.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Definitely get the photo pass! We have some fabulous pictures from the photopass people. Plus I love all of the extra pics they included of the characters from the different parks! We pre-ordered it for $99. We wound up with like 4 cards between our 3 parties but we uploaded them to the 1 account and chose to do the digital download (you can only download 1 time) then I put the pictures on my personal FTP for my mom and SIL to download too. I was too impatient to wait for the CD to get here and to make copies of it for my mom and SIL.