Sweet Shoppe Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2019, 11:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default How do you put elements on your pages?

Just curious what methods everyone uses to place elements on their pages. I actually don't think I've ever seen a thread on this.

I don't think I have the most efficient method, so I'm interested in what works for others and why they like their method.

You all will probably think my method is ridiculous, lol

For reference, I use PS CC on Mac. Here is my method:
  • Open the background paper from the finder
  • Rename it to my page name (yeardate_kitname.tiff)
  • Go back to the finder, highlight all of the elements I think I will want to use and open them (they open to separate tabs in PS)
  • Use hot keys to move each element from it's own tab onto my canvas by holding down the command key and hitting a, c, w, v
  • Before I paste, I make sure I'm in the right place on the layers palette and then I shadow the element and repeat with the rest of the elements

I know a lot of people "drag" elements onto their canvas. When I do that they come in as embedded smart objects an I have to hit the check mark. I've also tried loading from stack, but I don't like bringing all of the elements onto my canvas at once because it requires moving the layer order after placement and I find it too distracting to have items I haven't dealt with that "block my view. Turning the layer visibility off seems like a chore when you're working with loads of elements. Boy I sound like a complainer! lol