Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you cry easily?

I've never been one to show a lot of emotion externally. Even when I'm completely freaked out, people say I always seem calm on the outside (hah!). So, I don't cry easily (except when I was pregnant when I cried at every sappy TV commercial!).

I have seen my hubby get choked up maybe 2 times in the 25 years we've been together. Except that movies are his kryptonite -- our daughter is always watching him during the sad parts to see if he cries.

What about you? Are you a sap? Do you cry easily?

Does your significant other cry?
Old 06-07-2017, 11:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes. I'm a crier.

The things that get me the most are real life things - babies being born, soldiers coming home and reuniting with families and animals, reunification of families (like Long Lost Family on TLC).

This is Us gets me every.single.episode.

I've seen my husband cry one time....and I had only known him like a week. One of his best friends lost her father and he loved that man. We've been together 18 years now and that has been the only time I've seen him cry.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby doesn't cry, but it depends for me. I had an aisle seat at my daughter's promotion ceremony last night which meant they all filed by me at the end. I was fine seeing my daughter, but I got pretty teary eyed when a blind student stopped and totally hugged the stuffing out of the woman sitting in front of me. Thankfully, no tears rolled down my face because I prefer to cry in private.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a crier... I cry when I'm sad, I cry when I'm mad... I cry when I start sounding like Dr. Seuss...

I'm really bad at pet videos and about kids growing up. My husband will cry (more like tear up) when I cry/am hurting... or about his mom or when there are deaths in the family... the last being at his brother's wedding a few weeks back and his brother asked their grandma to walking him down the aisle... their mom died when my hubby was 10.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not really a crier, but in the past 2 years I've cried at the funerals of my mother-in-law, my best friend, another good friend, and then my best friend's daughter's funeral. That one was a very, very tough one and I hadn't cried so much in the course of a week since my DH died 13 years ago.

I'm not a crier over movies or TV shows at all - the only thing that will catch me off guard is if there is a military funeral - those get me every time - not a hard ugly cry but a few tears will escape because it's so personal to me.

I don't cry over my kids growing up or my grandkids unless it's a milestone and it makes me wish DH was here to see it, and then I shed a few tears. I know I'll shed a few when Cheyanne graduates next year for that reason but other than that I've always been one to celebrate their growing up.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yep i cry very very easily. Specialy with movies and/or series.
And i must say i love it. I love to watch such movies because there are so many feelings in those.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I tear up about anything happy: the Ellen show, Youtube videos, baptisms at church, my kids celebrating a milestone, other people crying, etc. I don't really consider it crying, though. I'm not full-on tears-down-my-cheek when I'm like that; my eyes just get a little wet & I dab & I'm good.

I only cry-cry when I'm really upset (sad or mad).

My SO is a yeller so he rarely tears up or cries. I'm not sure I've ever seen him actually cry but he has teared up a couple of times over the years.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a crier. Not over physical pain but emotional. I cry at other people's comments, pictures, movies (pretty much everything Carrier said), the loss of pets (mine or other people's) -- stuff like that. Oh and when I'm overly tired. And when that happens I cry b/c I know it's ridiculous to cry over whatever it is I'm crying about and then I cry again b/c I'm frustrated at myself. Lol...

My hubs. We've been together 12 years and I've seen him cry twice. Once when we were driving down the freeway and a hawk flew into our truck window and died. He really admires birds of prey and was heartbroken at the fact that he was responsible for killing such a majestic creature.

The only other time I've seen him cry was when our 2 year old recognized him after a 9 month long deployment and ran into his arms. (We were worried she might have forgotten him or would be angry at him for leaving because there had been no phone calls nor any Skype/video calls during that time to help her feel connected to him.) I scrapped a page recently (which I just shared in the other thread..lol) about it and it's most favorite page I've ever done. <3
Old 06-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Interesting question
I cry super easily but only with my family.
I hide my feelings when I am with people I don't know except when it's about my kids health and their birth (even writing it making me having little tear in eye), It's since my pregnancy like if the hormones never get out of me lol.
I'm very sensitive to reals events, I can cry with the news at Tv, the loss of people or animals and I even can't avoid some films if I know I'm going to cry, I hate crying for a film.
I cry when I'm tired or overbooking, if someone told me Something that I take bad and sometimes I even don't know exactly why....
Ok I'm a crier finally!
But only (well nearly) in private! lol!
Old 06-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally forgot about this til now but when I was pregnant, I was addicted to this show that would follow pregnant women from the later part of their pregnancy through giving birth -- including video of them actually giving birth. Even though it kinda freaked me out (since I'd never given birth at that point), when the baby was born and handed to the mom on the show, I cried my eyes out. Every. Single. Time. Those pregnancy hormones are powerful, I tell you.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm a feeler. I cry when I'm happy and when I'm sad. I wish I wasn't so leaky, it really is annoying sometimes but I can't control it! It would be nice if I could.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I totally forgot about this til now but when I was pregnant, I was addicted to this show that would follow pregnant women from the later part of their pregnancy through giving birth -- including video of them actually giving birth. Even though it kinda freaked me out (since I'd never given birth at that point), when the baby was born and handed to the mom on the show, I cried my eyes out. Every. Single. Time. Those pregnancy hormones are powerful, I tell you.
Birth Day on TLC? Gets me every time. lol

Old 06-07-2017, 06:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Songs on the radio, too.

I Hope You Dance by Leeann Womack...tears.
Waitin' on a Woman by Brad Paisley was played at my grandpa's funeral so now it brings me to tears. My daughter, too. So, if I'm staying strong and she's in the car with me and it comes on she'll start crying and then I'll start crying because it breaks my heart to see her so sad but it also warms my heart that she loved her papa...tears.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
Hihihi have the same in France, avoid it all along pregnancy (and even now...)!
Old 06-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I'm a feeler. I cry when I'm happy and when I'm sad. I wish I wasn't so leaky, it really is annoying sometimes but I can't control it! It would be nice if I could.
In another way it is you and only you, I mean it's your personality and being a feeler doesn't make you to feel bad even if I understand what you mean.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Songs on the radio, too.

I Hope You Dance by Leeann Womack...tears.
Waitin' on a Woman by Brad Paisley was played at my grandpa's funeral so now it brings me to tears. My daughter, too. So, if I'm staying strong and she's in the car with me and it comes on she'll start crying and then I'll start crying because it breaks my heart to see her so sad but it also warms my heart that she loved her papa...tears.
Oh don't think about it, so sad, just reading you makes me having tears because it's sad!
Old 06-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes. When hormones go crazy, when I watch/see something that touch my heart. I cry when I am angry to hubby. I cry when I am about to depart from my parents/my home country (18 years living overseas never made it go away...)

Hubby teared up a few times, when we were about to be apart for quite a few months due to some circumstances during our 10 years of marriage. That's when we said goodbye in the airport.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids make fun of me because Puff the Magic Dragon makes me cry. They like to play it to prank me. Also that Abba song about the daughter growing up -- Slipping Through My Fingers. I can't even listen to that one.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's very rare for my husband to cry so when he cries I always need to take note and make sure he's okay.

Me? I never used to cry, but these past few years it seems I can't get a control of my crying. I watch a sad movie-tears. I read a sad book-sobbing. My kids talk about a story-tears, followed with them laughing at me. I cry a lot these days and I really hate it!