Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife
Default I'm so exhausted :(

I'm sick of this, I don't know what's wrong with me.

The past few months, I've been putting up with some depression issues. I went to the doctor, he wanted to wait to put me on meds again, to see if it would solve itself (it hasn't, but that's another vent) with some life style changes, that I have been making.

I'm soooooooo tired. All the time. No matter what kind of sleep I get, or how long, I'm still tired. I normally scrap at night after the kids get to bed (I work at home during the day), but the past two weeks, this bone-tired exhaustion is sucking the life out of me.

I am so behind on my work, my scrapping (like almost 2 weeks behind), my house cleaning for our move. I feel like I don't know what to do, the doctor is holding off on meds (though I have been on them before), and I just don't know if this is just a side effect from the depression or something else. Blood tests came back fine, so I just don't know. When I do sit to work or scrap, I just can't concentrate, my brain just does not want to work. I do get migraines occasionally, and this week, I've been having the migraine symptoms without the migraine, which is good and bad. I feel so funky, and just waiting for the stupid headache to come, but it never does, so I'm dealing with the aura, the dizziness and the numbness. I can't focus at all, and it's just causing me problems IRL as well, with dizziness and slurred speech. I feel like I can't form a coherent thought or complete a sentence. It's like new-mommy brain x 1000 (for you moms...I know you can relate). The doctor feels that nothing is really wrong, that the lifestyle changes (food, exercise, etc) will snap me out of it, but the exhaustion is really not helping.

I'm tired of being so tired. I spoke to my DH about what to do about my workload/CT load/website load, and he doesn't want me to quit anything, and said he's help me the best he could around here, so I could keep up with the rest, but I just feel like my brain isn't working, and there's nothing he can really do to help that part of things, as much as I know he'd like to.

Anyone been through something similar and can offer some suggestions?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

(((((((((((((((((Jamie)))))))))))))))))

I don't have any help or advise to offer. Just some big fat bear hugs.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I get like that at times! It SUCKS. I don't have any advice though since I could probably use advice myself. <<<<HUGS>>>>
Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Jamie! I don't really understand your doctor wanting to wait if this has been going on for so long....maybe time to see a different one? I don't know if that's possible, but hate to hear you're so miserable! {{HUGS}}
Old 07-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That really does sound exactly like MY depressive symptoms...the brain fog and tiredness..ugh! Because of the IMO HORRIBLE side effects of anti-depressants that I've tried, and because I'm not suicidal or anything, I try to manage the depression without meds. Sunlight is my number one friend. There is a huge difference in energy level, as well as brain power and creativity. I do SuDoku puzzles a lot before bed, and once I've been good about getting enough sunlight, I can whip through the fiendish ones...I struggle with medium difficulty ones when I haven't had enough sun.

One other time in my life when I was completely exhausted and not depression related...I was living in Spain and just got sick. I literally had to hit the toilet within minutes of swallowing anything. At times, I could barely pick myself out of bed...physical fatigue...not just mental. This lasted for a couple of months while I finished up my missionary service and then continued several months more when I got home. I even told my husband on our first date that I couldn't go out to eat because I would just end up in the bathroom all night. The doctors did a bazillion tests and could find NOTHING wrong. The weird part of it all is that one of my roommates in Spain had the exact same symptoms just before she went back to the states. Makes me think it was a virus or something...lots of symptoms pointed to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, too.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

have they tested you for diabetes or thyroid disorder???

I hope things get solved quickly, hugs to you!

Proud to be creating for:

Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

***hugs***
I'm exhausted, too.

really really
Old 07-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Could it be related to the move? I know that when I get stressed and anxious, I get depressed and exhausted. Exercise helps me some, but I know how hard it can be to exercise when you're depressed and tired -- a bad cycle!

(((Hugs)))! Hope you get to the bottom of it!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

No suggestions from me (some of the ones above sound great though), just (((hugs))) being sent your way.

Blog | Twitter
Old 07-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I was gonna suggest thyroid too..do you know if the dr checked it with your bloodwork?

((((Hugs))))

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

{{Hugs}} Jamie, I'm sorry you're gong through this. My DH is on meds and he has to keep taking them or else everything else irritates him. I hope the doctor will be able to tell so they can give you the right treatment.

I'm tired all the time, but not to the extent you're going through. I just have no motivation to do anything. I wanna hire a maid and the house cleaned.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no!!! I am soooooo sorry, Jamie! That's awful. i went through something soooo similar right before I got pregnant with Ezra (2 years ago). It was horrible. I didn't treat it though and then I got pregnant and just got way hormonal.

I hope someone else gave you some awesome advice! {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}
Old 07-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Perhaps it's time for a new doctor? Not that better living through modern chemistry is an answer for everything, but a fresh look wouldn't hurt?

Hugs, Jaime. Hope the zip is back in your step soon!

Old 07-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

(((((((((Jaime))))))))
Old 07-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh honey I am so sorry! I have been there and can relate, I hope they get you all squared away too, no one should have to deal with that. Big hugs!!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Maybe it is just a type of mental exhaustion, I don't know. I just feel so funky. I just woke up and my head just feels so funny, so dizzy, again, just like the migraine without the headache. I just want to go to bed and sleep forever.

They did check my thyroid, everything looked fine on all the blood work they say, I just don't want to get the "it's all in your head" statement.

Yawn.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you all for listening, it means a lot.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs from me, too, Jamie. I hope you figure out what it is that's causing all this; it's so hard to function when your head is all fuzzy!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey you... HUGS Jamie! BIG BIG HUGS!

First off, I know that everyone is different, but tiredness for me... utter exhaustion actually is one of the biggest symptoms of my depression. For me, I believe when I can't get my anxiety in check, it brings on depression and I'm just exhausted, like first trimester pregnant exhastion. The kind you can't fight or break through, you get no second wind and all you want to do is curl up in a little ball and lay down.

I've noticed that you've been tired a lot and I say that not in a bad way, I noticed because I care! LOL!

I really think that it's worth talking to the doc about again Jamie, there is not reason that you should go on being miserable, especially if you feel like something just isn't right!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I agree that it might be time for a second opinion. And I also don't understand why your doc is so resistant to giving you a med, when you've already been on it.

I know meds aren't the answer to everything, but sometimes it's a step in the right direction to being able to help yourself, kwim?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Jac, that's what it's like, that bone-tired first trimester exhaustion, the kind you can't fight. My body just does not want to do anything.

Col, you're right, and I have asked Tony when he sees his doctor again next week, if he will see me. He is not taking new patients, but perhaps would be willing to see me. I don't understand it either, he wasn't my doctor when I was on the meds before, but if they worked and helped, I guess I can't understand why he wouldn't want to give them to me, if they helped before.

Thanks again guys, I just really want to go to bed and cry.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Jamie, are you on birth control? I ask because about a year ago I started feeling much like you do. I started thinking I needed to have my thyroid checked out, but after doing some research, I realized it was my b/c pills. I had been on them for a few years, and once I went off of them, I felt better immediately. Just a thought!

Otherwise, I would def. see a new doctor. Maybe not just for a Rx but also for a second opinion. It may be simply stress, but you don't have to feel like this! And I would second getting some sun - maybe go lay in a tanning bed for 10 mins? That, plus the mini nap always helps me.

Take care!!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs, Jamie!

I've gone round and round with doctors who couldn't tell me what was wrong and couldn't help me, until I demanded a referral to Mayo Clinic (it's not that far from me) and they diagnosed me almost immediately. What I learned through that whole process was that if you think something is wrong, don't let your doctor tell you otherwise and don't give up until you feel you've been heard. You know your body best. What you're describing doesn't sound like stress or fatigue, it sounds like something that needs to be treated. Sure, exercise might help, but if you're too exhausted to exercise, what good will that advice do you? You might just need that antidepressant to get you going, then the rest will take care of itself.

I'm glad you're trying to see another doctor, because a second opinion definitely seems in order here. I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I definitely would get a second opinion if I were you Jamie! I am tired a lot too but I think mine is due to a crappy diet and not exercise so this week I started changing that and I'm starting to feel better. If you feel depressed, you need to make sure your doctor understands exactly how you feel and don't give up!!! {{{HUGS}}} hon! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 07-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Jamie, I went through similar situation last summer. I was sooooo tired, I would fall asleep in the middle of the day, in the middle of a conversation! I was so tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Every time I set down with DH to watch tv I would end up snoring. Which was very annoying to him.

I am still tired, but I credit that to my poor sleeping habits. I'm a night owl, I like to sleep in and stay up late. Buts lots of times I stay up late and then can't sleep in, so I end up tired, and it just builds on top of itself. Then I don't sleep well at night, so that's another problem. But I have found out a couple of other things that helped me.

Last summer when I was falling asleep mid sentence, I saw a NEW doctor. She looked at all the meds I was currently taking. My blood pressure med was a major culprit of causing drowsiness. Changed that. Hmmm, I feel better. Then I had been taking prozac, and didn't think it was helping. So they had changed me to zoloft I think. Put me in a comatose state of sleepy. Quit taking that and I felt better. Now, I know you're not on an anti-depressant, and maybe not BP meds. BUT, you could be taking something for something else that may be causing the extreme tiredness. When you see a NEW doctor or even your old one, take all your meds with you . . let them check them out. You might be surprised to hear that more than one of your meds causes drowsiness.

If you're not on any meds, I would say, it might be life styles issues. Do you stay up late, and then have to get up to run a household like me? Oh, I just thought of something else. I read an article in Real Simple magazine about sleeping problems. It said (which is one of my probs I think) that too much light from tv or computer at night, can jack up the part of your brain that helps you sleep at night. They sugggested limiting that kind of light (monitor) and first thing in the morning getting SUN light therapy. Just go outside for a short walk, get some sunlight in the morning. Also taking melatonin supplements, these three things together help people like me who have their days and nights mixed. Not sure if that is one of your issues, but it sure is with me.

Sorry for the novel.
da

Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) honey. Hopefully Tony's doctor will see you.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Don't give up looking for a Dr that can help.
Don't stop seeking support from the important people in your life (like us).
give yourself a lot of credit, you have had one heck of a crazy year and have a whole lot on your plate!
We women are such complex creatures, aren't we?
((hugs))
Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you guys, I love how I have so many friends here I can talk to.

I'm not on any meds besides birth control, and I've been on that 17 years (expect when prego) so I doubt that is causing it right now.

Sigh. It's just so hard when it seems like no one wants to listen, like they just tell you to snap out of it, or I need a kick in the ass to get stuff done, because they think I'm lazy. I'm not lazy.

Again, thank you all for listening.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know you are on b/c pills and this is SO a cliche, but could you maybe possibly pregnant? People do get pregnant while on the pill...just a thought. I hope it gets better soon girl! ((hugs))
Old 07-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The ladies have already offered up a lot of great advice, so I just wanted to give you some ((BIG HUGS))!!! I hope you find someone who will get it all figured out for you!!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

((hugs)) Jamie. I can hear the exhaustion in your OP. It's terrible feeling so tired and so frustrating not to feel wellested.

I hope you can find a doc that will help you.

When are you exercising? For me if I exercise in the evening it interferes with my sleep. Although it sounds like your exhaustion is beyond that.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My doc told me that exhaustion, fatigue, and trouble concentrating (as well as changes in normal walk/talk) are all symptoms of depression. See if your doc will put you back on your meds.