Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner
Default Talk to me about "regular clothes"

When our kids are little it is easy to put them in an adorable outfit from ON, TCP, or GAP...and they look all preppy and cute like little models in our photo shoots...

But then they grow up and want to wear t-shirts with goofy sayings and stuff on them...So normally I still try to shove Nathan in a cute fleece or something if I know we're going to do a photo shoot...but then there are days like today. It was Naomi's birthday so I didn't figure Nathan would have a photo shoot...but when I saw how cute he looked by the barn, I took some photos. I love the photos but I hate that he's wearing a t-shirt. Do you think it detracts from the photo or draws your attention to the wrong thing (as in, away from his face?)

What is your stance on everyday clothes in pictures? YKWIM...if anyone would know what I mean, it's you girls. Obviously I'll scrap this photo but I still wish he had on a button up or a hoodie or something without a screenprint.

Oddly enough he HAD on a hoodie but it got too warm LOL!

Old 10-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I would scrap that photo...A lot of what my big boys wear is trademarked in some way or another...I'm just happy to get wonderful shots of them.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We use only regular clothes haha... so yes, scrap it!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

My first thought was..Too bad it's a Colts shirt bawahahha they got their rears beat today woot woot!!

yeah I have to dress my kiddos for the photos..but you didn't know..the pic is great..Scrap it!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That picture is wonderful! Def. a scrapper pic!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it's alright to have some pics in tees! lol, I used to always try to dress my girls for the occasion, or only take pics on days they're even dressed , but I gave up. Heck, if they run around in panties all day, I'm still gonna snap some shots of it(not necessarily to scrap, lol). Although, I do get disappointed too when I get that really great shot, then realize you can see up their skirts, or they're not wearing pants!!! And of course I love those pics I look back on and think "omg, her diaper is seriously drooping!!! How did I not notice?"

But really, that is a great pic, and him being in a tee doesn't take away from it at all!!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the pic, it shows "him" KWIM? I think is is really cute and would def scrap it. The only time I get my kids to wear something "normal" ( in my book anyway) if for Holiday pics and that is it!!!

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 10-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think that capturing kids in the clothes they want to wear adds to the photo (within limits, of course). The T-shirt looks fine, and you should definitely scrap it!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Avery's always in regular clothes lol..unless we're going to church or somewhere nice. My mama always made us change out of our "good clothes" as soon as we walked in the door so I guess it's carried over into my life too lol...Most of the pics I scrap of him he's in a t-shirt and shorts or jeans and he's only 3

Old 10-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

"Regular clothes" = regular life. Life isn't a photo shoot!

Scrap it!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
"Regular clothes" = regular life. Life isn't a photo shoot!

Scrap it!
yep. my thoughts exactly.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 10-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

What Col said!!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I have to 4th what Col said!!

I wanna remember the sweet,fun,goofy,scary,upset moment of the the picture not the great deal-io I got a fleece from Old Navy

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

You've lived with me so you know my boys almost exclusively wear t-shirts and jeans. I scrap it all .

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)
Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it adds to the photo and the moment - it will help him remember that he loved the Colts this year and how proud he probably is of that t-shirt.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I said in my original post that I was going to scrap it...that was never a question...I guess I was just wondering if I was the only one who thinks about stuff like that. Apparently I am.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
I think it adds to the photo and the moment - it will help him remember that he loved the Colts this year and how proud he probably is of that t-shirt.
That's a great sentiment...I never thought of it that way...but it's not true, LOL. The reason he has that shirt is because when I took him on vacation this year, Naomi got into his bag and dumped out ALL of his shirts at one of our stops and I didn't notice. So at the next stop I was scrounging for shirts, and my mom gave me this shirt of my 13 year old stepbrother for him to wear, which was nice. Nathan did like the shirt, though, because his flamingo stepmother is a Colts fan. I can think of that story though!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg View Post
That's a great sentiment...I never thought of it that way...but it's not true, LOL. The reason he has that shirt is because when I took him on vacation this year, Naomi got into his bag and dumped out ALL of his shirts at one of our stops and I didn't notice. So at the next stop I was scrounging for shirts, and my mom gave me this shirt of my 13 year old stepbrother for him to wear, which was nice. Nathan did like the shirt, though, because his flamingo stepmother is a Colts fan. I can think of that story though!
EWWW My oldest son's step mom (and dad) are Packers fans. They know I'm a huge Cowboys fan and sent him home with tons of Packer gear one Christmas. Yeah, not sure whatever happened to that stuff

Old 10-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg View Post
You probably don't want to because of falmingo girl but it would be a nice story to scrap with that picture..
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Nope, you aren't the only person that thinks like that. I am obsessive with what my DS wears. People think I am nuts. I'd def scrp that picture but I would also obsess over the fact that "If only he was wearing this..." KWIM? It is a great pic, don't get me wrong, but I am with you, I always dress for photoshoots. And, since I take pics of everything, DS is almost always "overdressed" by most people's standards lol.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
What Col said!!
What Jamie said!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

we only own regular clothes. but I do still think about where we are going & what they are wearing if I know I am going to take photos. they pick their own clothes so in the end all I can do is say "How about something other than bright blue or grey today when we visit the pumpkin patch? How about nothing with dinosaurs on it? How about something brown? Maybe this with the gold stripe on the front?"

I never really succeed though. DS1 wore his grey & red dino shirt and DS2 his blue Star Wars shirt to the pumpkin festival last week.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish that I could get my older boys to dress in something other than jeans and a t-shirt. Heck - I wish I could get my DH to dress in something other than jeans and a t-shirt. But, boys will be boys and that is all that they ever want to wear. DH just laughs at me because I "play dress up" with Avery (our 8 month old) because he is too young to object.

I do think like you, however, and look at many of my pics thinking it would be perfect if only they were wearing something different. I wish photoshop came with an option to change their clothes with the click of a button. If it's not the clothes, I am stressing about the fact that you can see the mess in our house in the background.