Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you love.....

every page you scrap? Or do you dread doing some pages but do them because you have to? I'm trying to finish out a couple more lo's of my son's karate belt graduation and I'm at the point where I'm just like, blah..blah...blah.

I just can't seem to get motivated to get these like, two last pages done -ugh!!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

yes sometimes I feel like that. Usually if I have no motivation I will just quit for a little while.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

If I have a page I HAVE to do, like for a family member it's hard to motivate but if I'm just doing them for myself - I am usually ok

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 10-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am trying hard to go back and scrap from 2004 to now and I have no motivation for some pages! But I want them in my book....
Old 10-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just a suggestion, have someone else do it. (If you hate it, you can just not print it)
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Well first, I'd say how many pages of his karate graduation do you REALLY need to do?? LOL!

Otherwise, I use a template, power through, and call it good enough.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I know Col, right? LOL!! I took so many darn pictures that day because there are so many different things that go into that day. It was a really important day for DS. It's going in an album but I swear, I'm getting to the point where if I see one more karate picture, I'm going to karate chop them all up!!!! :-)
Old 10-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

There are some pages I dread working on. I like scrapping everyday moments. I want the birthdays and holidays in our albums, but I always put them off as long as possible. There are soooo many photos, and even narrowing it down to the best/most important leaves me with 10-15.

One thing I do is limit the number of LOs for each event. So a birthday party will get 1 or 2 LOs, and that's it. They'll be multi-multi-photo LOs and won't be my best work, but the memories get into the album and I can move on to scrapping something I enjoy more. (Then, of course, there are the periods like I'm in now, when I finally have to tackle all the event LOs I've put off so I can finish an album. Aaaargh! I just want them over with already!)
Old 10-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yes Rachel - you summed it up perfectly..It seems to be those everyday moments that I'm enjoying but the events are dragging me down. I just couldn't pinpoint it. Wow - you only do one or 2 lo's for birthdays? I think I did about 8 for DD's 6th birthday party and that was cramming a bunch of pictures into them as well! :-)
Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM

profile gallery send pm

Kelli, you're doing too many! LOL! You're making it to hard on yourself, lol. 2 pages for every birthday is PLENTY. And it adds up pretty quickly, lol.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

No, lots of times I don't love them, but frankly you can't be spot on every time, sometimes they are just ok LOs.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtutu View Post
Wow - you only do one or 2 lo's for birthdays? I think I did about 8 for DD's 6th birthday party and that was cramming a bunch of pictures into them as well! :-)
I agree with Col--you're making it too hard on yourself trying to scrap every decent picture! No wonder you're burned out on karate LOs! I just don't have the patience to spend that long on one event. The way I look at it, if I spend 2 weeks scrapping 7 LOs of 1 party how many other memories will never make it into the album that otherwise could be scrapped during that 2 weeks? I end up with more than 1 LO per birthday (there's the day itself, the party, and the school party) but only 1 or 2 for the party.

Last edited by rach3975; 10-19-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't love every page I have done but just because I do it doesn't mean I have to print it. But sometimes I scrap some pictures a few times so if I do make an album I can pick the one I like the best.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 10-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't do just 2!!!! My gosh woman - how do you pick??? LOL

Look at my gallery - I just finished my 4th karate lo. lol!!! I could do one more page but I'm going to stop with 4 because Col said it was ok. I am sitting here just cracking up.

Oh yeah, I was going to finish up all of DD's dance recital pictures next - I've got 2 done and I could probably do another one or 2 more of those as well.

What...are you saying less is more???
Old 10-19-2008, 09:10 PM

profile gallery send pm

I'm saying that in the future, your kids won't want to see 859402 birthday party layouts, or karate graduation lo's. I think they'll much prefer seeing the everyday moments that made up their childhood
Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ack!! I'm such a scrappy loser!! You're right - I just have to change my mindset I think. I tend to take more picture of events and my brain tells me that I can't waste any pics. It's also hard for me to scrap just one pic on a page even though I really REALLY like those looks. I'll get there one day. Thanks for the input!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:25 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ack!! I'm such a scrappy loser!! You're right - I just have to change my mindset I think. I tend to take more picture of events and my brain tells me that I can't waste any pics. It's also hard for me to scrap just one pic on a page even though I really REALLY like those looks. I'll get there one day. Thanks for the input!
No worries hon The more you scrap, the more you find your own style and tastes. I don't have kids, so I think I'm at an advantage, lol. I don't feel the need to document every little thing. And I'm sure that when I finally have kids of my own, my mindset on will change again, lol.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

There are some I don't even finish cause they're not turning out good. there are some I finish because I'm tired of trying and then I still don't love the result.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I tend to take more picture of events and my brain tells me that I can't waste any pics. It's also hard for me to scrap just one pic on a page even though I really REALLY like those looks. I'll get there one day.
I've been digiscrapping for 4.5 years, and I'm still not there. I let a lot more photos go unscrapped now that I'm scrapping 2 kids, and I'm sure I'll get even more picky once DD is born. But I still can't bring myself to do too many single photo LOs. I love the look, but I can't usually narrow it down to just 1 photo knowing the other great ones from that photo session will probably never make it into the album.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletsierra

Errr...no.

I always try to create something that I'm happy with, but sometimes my mojo feels forced and I don't like it. There are a handful of pages I almost wish weren't in my gallery I feel they are so awful, lol. But in the end I think my family will treasure them and that's the most important thing.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsierra View Post
There are a handful of pages I almost wish weren't in my gallery I feel they are so awful, lol. But in the end I think my family will treasure them and that's the most important thing.
I second that! I have some pages that I don't love, ones that just didn't click. But no one in my family is a graphic designer or a scrapper, and they don't know the difference between the great pages and the mediocre ones. Their favorites are usually not the ones that I'm most proud of.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsierra View Post
Errr...no.

I always try to create something that I'm happy with, but sometimes my mojo feels forced and I don't like it. There are a handful of pages I almost wish weren't in my gallery I feel they are so awful, lol. But in the end I think my family will treasure them and that's the most important thing.
SHUT. UP. Seriously, your whole gallery is stunning. I wish I could scrap like that!

And I don't love all my pages. I tend to redo a lot of them... but partly because I think I've drastically improved over the last six months... and I only have one baby so I can still stay up-to-date. It can be hard sometimes being on CTs and you're just not feelin' a certain kit, but you HAVE to make a page. That's always a little rough.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For events, I usually just make a 2 page layout - I make the first page my best page and spend a lot of time on it, using the best 1-3 photos. Then I make the second page more basic and use it to just get in a lot of photos -- typically it's a grid format (sort of Ali Edwards style) or collage to fit in a lot. So long as you repeat some of the same papers and elements, the pages will work together.