Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2023, 09:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What are your current scrapping projects?

Just curious what projects you currently have going on.

Usually I'm just doing typically family scrapping and I have had an about me album going for years that I'll never finish, but I probably should print some more pages for some time soon.

We just got back from Disney, so now I have that and it just hit me my daughter graduates in just a few months, I'd started books for each kid, just kind of a one page monthly favs recap thing so they'd each have something when they're adults, well, here we are and I need to get my butt in gear! LOL!

Just like that I went from only having a few months to catch on to now being really under water! LOL!

It doesn't hurt I started pre planning my Disney pages I'm already at 110 ish, and I know I'll end up with another 10-20 other than the ones I'm just estimating.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a dozen or so trips I am behind on scrapping. My first goal is my 2020 Disney album...I have 2 trips in 2021 to Disney, Disneyland 2016, Disney 2014
Not to mention numerous road trips, a cruise, Universal Trip...so behind.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:59 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I have my daughter's baby book started last month and I am just going to focus on this one for now, especially with the past 3 years being in no holidays whatsoever.
I do have our 2020 Japan trip not scrapped at all, though... I am contemplating whether I'd do it at all, since 2020 was quite a tough year, right after that trip.
Old 02-12-2023, 03:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am scrapping my 2023 year album and my son's first year album.
My goal this year was also to scrap my 2022 year album and finish at least one vacation album. I already did that.

Old 02-12-2023, 09:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

oh man...I need some scrap goals.
I have a ton of projects I need to start and finish! I hope to tackle some pages today!

edited to add some Goals:

PL 2022: Weeks 27-52
Home Remodel 2021
Disneyland 2021 + 2022
Paso Robles 2021
Coloma 2021
Elementary- all 3 Kids

there is more but...

Last edited by kristalund; 02-13-2023 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I just finished my Kuwait 2019-2020 album. So I am working on finishing the last of the 2018 family album. Then I'll probably get started on my 2021 Northwoods Camping trip album and who knows when I will get to my Ohio and Los Angeles trips from last year.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've got our Alaska trip from last year to scrap. I have a bin of old photos I want to scan and scrap. That should take me about...forever LOL. I also want to scrap more outdoor, nature, wildlife photos from our first year here in a new area of BC.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like we’re all going to have projects to keep us busy for a long time! Vacations I usually find easy to do, I’m excited to do those, it’s the everyday stuff I find it harder to get to.

Somehow I managed scrap December 2022, but I haven’t done December 2021. I need a better system.

Last edited by nesser1981; 02-13-2023 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so behind. I have multiple Disney trips, multiple Colorado trips, a 20th anniversary trip, and 8,000 holiday and everyday events that I'm behind on. For the last few years I've tried to scrap current photos, but that doesn't seem to work either. I have been scrapping lately so that is a start. I really need to figure out a system.

Old 02-13-2023, 12:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My fiance just found some old photos of him & his kiddos so I have about 400ish photos from 2009-2020 to go through & scrap. Many are blurry, dark, dupes, etc. but I would say at least half could be scrapped so I just need to go through and organize them. He said he would provide me with some basic journaling as I scrap them.

I just finished our family vacations from 2021 & 2022 and had them printed with Shutterfly's $8 for 8x8 sale.

I lost some files for my Countdown to Christmas 2022 album so I need to either rescrap the lost pages or decide not to include that story.

Otherwise, it's just regular scrapping for me for now. I will have tons to scrap at the end of this year after our wedding & honeymoon but I'm trying not to worry about that too much yet.
Old 02-13-2023, 01:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Project Life 2022-- October & November aren't started at all and May-December need kitting up.

Project Life 2023- keep up with journaling and 'catch up' once I finish PL 2022

Disneyland 2016. I think I have 50 pages left. Yikes.

General scrapbook pages from my to-scrap list... I print whatever I have when I hit 100, I think I have 30.
Old 02-13-2023, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm perpetually just trying to get something within the last 5 years done as the list is infinite! My oldest graduates this year too and there's no way I'll be caught up but he's got several big books so far. I printed a bunch of pages in a book for him during the last Shutterfly sale in January (which then had to be redone, ugh). So there's progress but sooooo much still to do.
Old 02-13-2023, 12:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How do you keep track of these projects? Or keep yourself on track? I usually am a chronological scrapper, but I always jump around for vacations. I tag everything in ACDsee to try to help plan everything.

I think I'm going to make my goals now. I have to find a new photobook printer though, my site just swapped out the covers for 8.5x8.5, so that's no good. I have one ready to be printed.

-December 2021
-Keira's book
-Rest of 2022
-Disney 2023
-Try to stay caught up on 2023

-Cooper's Book needs to be done by 2026, LOL!
-Harper's Book needs to be done by 2031

Last edited by nesser1981; 02-13-2023 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:14 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm a spreadsheet nerd so I have everything tracked and planned on various spreadsheets. One of my spreadsheets I have listing of dates/photos taken. When I scrap the photos, I include a small pic of the layout. That shows me I've already scrapped them and if I'm searching for something to scrap for a challenge, I look for photos that haven't been done.

I took time off in December and January from working on my house project. I'm almost done with it, have about 10 or 12 more layouts and I'll be caught up with everything about the house from 1964 until now. Then it will just be doing layouts as things get changed/updated.

I also took a break from scrapping photos for my cousin's family. I had caught up in March 2022 then moved on to the house project. So I should get back to doing more layouts for them of pictures they have shared with me.

So far I'm keeping up on my project I call "Week in Review". Just 7 photos for the week with no journaling on 1 page.
Old 02-13-2023, 03:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't even begin to count how many books I need to finish....

I like to do each vacation in it's own book.... I've started many of them but then did not get very far.

I actually have not scrapped at all yet this year.... been trying to update my TpT and Etsy stores and I have a big sewing project that I need to get done. (I have been putting it off cause I am feeling very intimidated by it... its a quilt of baby clothes fora cousin that lost their baby...)

And I have had to work extra so my time has been limited.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-13-2023, 03:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use a spreadsheet too. One tab per year. I list the rows by dates that I have pictures to scrap and then I have columns for the kits used, template used and then thumbnails of the final page(s). The visual is great when scrolling though dates.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am doing a weekly project, using Erica Zane's gorgeous stitched templates and I am on track with that. I have completed December 2022 and am on Grade 11 of my oldest son's school album. Hoping to finish that today and then maybe I should start on making a vacation album. There is a printing special on until the 19th that I could use.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ooof! So many projects...not enough time!

I've started working on scrapping 2006 - the first fully digital year I have. Once I've gotten current, then I need to go back and scan older photos so I can get them scrapped!

I also want to do an album for my grandkids of our trip to Disneyland at the beginning of the year.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think the last time I looked I have something like 28 open projects, yikes.

Currently working on my trip to galveston a year ago… and I’m already behind on project life for this year…
Old 02-14-2023, 11:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When it comes to organizing projects, I'm very visual and need a photo based system. When I'm ready to start a project, I copy all of the photos I want to use into a folder. Then I plan the pages and make a subfolder for each one with the photos. If I already know what kit or template I'm going to use or have the journaling done, that goes into the page's subfolder, too. When I finish the page, I leave the completed page in the main folder for the project and delete the subfolder for that page.

I have a lot of things on my "scrap this eventually" list, but the only thing I'm actively working on is my family album for the second half of 2020. It's completely my fault that it's not done yet--I'm scrapping a lot less than I used to. I have a few less busy times coming up this spring and summer, and I'm really hoping to have the mental energy to get a lot of scrapping done then.
Old 02-18-2023, 03:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am caught up through May 2022, but I haven't scrapped hardly anything for our lives since then. I was going to try a new system that seems like less work, but actually learning the system feels like a lot of work.