Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 08/23

Summer is starting to wind down and the daylight hours are dwindling. So, today's questions are all about hours/time spent.
  1. What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day?
  2. How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis?
  3. Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night?
  4. How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally?
Old 08-23-2019, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I don't wear makeup anymore. My morning routine is fast and easy. I style my hair by adding mousse, blowdrying and shaping with a round brush ,then add a bit of paste and/or hairspray. My hair is short and fine so it dries really fast. For my face, I start with my essential oil serum blend, then No 7 serum, eye cream and then Origins moisturizer. It takes about 5-7 minutes.

2. I live close to a few grocery stores, only about 5 min away, so tend to shop often, at least 2-3 days a week. I buy a lot of veggies/fruit so I pop into our local natural organic store after first starting at Save-On, Super Store or Safeway. The stores are all within a few blocks of each other.

3. I have more "me" time for scrapping generally during the week if my workload isn't too heavy. I take lots of breaks from my at-home computer job and get to scrap in between transcribing files for work. Wkends I read more, have family time, watch movies/tv shows with my hubs and walk Taz a lot. I still squeeze in some scrapping time usually but it's sporadic.

4. We watch tv most nights for a few hrs before bed. I watch a few shows during the day on my laptop when I'm taking breaks from work. Our digital cable setup syncs everything together so I can watch on any of the TVs, tablets, computers and phone. So I might start a show on my tablet or laptop and then finish watching it on our big screen later in the LR. It's very convenient.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day?
I'm pretty low key these days too- I usually only wear mascara. I use & LOVE Rodan & Fields face products- currently I'm using their redefine line, as well as lash boost & eye cream. I usually shower at night so my hair is already dry, usually just brushed & into pony or bun (if I'm working) or sometimes just down if I'm home. I'm about 5-10 mins to "get ready"
2. How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis?
At least once, but sometimes there's a Costco trip thrown in there or a quick stop for something specific. I usually plan our week out- but have seriously slacked at that this summer!
3. Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night?
In the summer, my kids are home so it's usually at night after they are in bed (the hubby has hockey late nights 2x/week as well!) During the school year, I have a couple days during the week that it's just the dog & me, so that's my me time! I can't wait for school to start again!
4. How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally?
Not a lot actually, maybe a couple in the evening max. During the day I'm usually busy cleaning or running errands, or scrapping and don't watch much. I listen to music more than I watch tv. I joke that I watch more tv at work than at home- since we have TV's that telescope above our dental chairs for patient's to watch while I'm cleaning their teeth! lol!
Old 08-23-2019, 03:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day?
I am not a morning person, so usually I shower at night before bed. In the morning, I will flat iron my hair or pull it up and apply makeup. I wear makeup every day. My moisturizer/oils/cleansing routine for my face is at night. In the morning, I just rinse and dry my face and do foundation, powder, mascara, eyebrow pencil, neutral eye shadow, lipgloss and blush. I'd say 15 minutes.

How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis?
My husband and I share grocery shopping. Usually one of us will do a big main trip to Publix which is 3 minutes from our house. Then we each do one mid-week trip (to Trader Joe's usually) for more milk, whatever we forgot on the main trip, and produce since we eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies.

Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night?
I rarely have me time! I homeschool my kids so they are home a lot. I do get bits of time by myself throughout the week (a couple hours here and there) when they have their activities and co-ops. On the weekends we are always together as a family. I hate to take me time then because I like spending time with my husband!

How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally?
I don't watch very much TV. I'd say 1-2 hours a day? Sometimes I'm reading a book on the couch in front of the TV while my husband watches something. I haven't been very interested in TV lately. We don't really have any shows we are binging right now. When we do, I watch more.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day?
I don't have one... what you see is what you get... I take my shower at night, so in the morning I pretty much brush my hair and teeth and that is it for "beauty." No, makeup - if I do wear some, my husband asks me who died and what time is the funeral. :/

I hate grocery shopping... so only try to do it once a month... then have my husband stop for quick things I may have ran out on.

Now that we are getting into schooling time, my "me" time is an hour in the morning, over lunch and then in the evening.

Way too much... I have to have mindless noise on in the background... I've gotten used to having music on, so having the TV on has gone way down... but I usually watch 3-4 a day - mostly when I'm scrapbooking or school planning at night.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day? Not really. I rinse my face with water when I get up, add a tiny bit of a moisturiser and that's it. I've never worn make up in my whole life (except a touch on my wedding day and I felt so weird and unnatural!). Getting ready in the morning takes about 10-15 mins.

How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis? Once a week - on Friday mornings. I actually love grocery shopping!

Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night? Me time?? Ha... well, occasionally when my kids are occupied and I'm not running them around all over the place, working myself or sleeping.

How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally? One or two hours a week probably - I don't have much time to fit TV in.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day? Since I'm a sahm, I don't often with make ups but I do moistirize and from time to time I put some on especially anniversaries (ehehe), but I have a collection. I'm a fan of mascara and eyeliners.

How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis? I try to limit it to once a week. Most of the time, not all of what we need are in one place so we need to go to another grocery, and I try to do that in one day which my husband dislike so much and yet he drives me around. But if I don't feel well on our grocery day and ot all on my list are scratched off, he goes to the grocery on a Wednesday.

Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night? During school days, it's definitely morning, my "me time" is doing the laundry, going to the bathroom and cooking in peace and in the order I want. But on weekends and summer, it's the first 2 minutes when I'm inside the bathroom before someone yells "mom" either from behind the shower curtain or from downstairs. I thnk they're just worried if I'm still breathing in the bathroom.

How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally? not so much, we watch a family movie after dinner, sometimes we get to finish it, sometimes no. That's why when I scrap, I make sure to watch my shows (and read my book), trying to multitask.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day? I'm super jealous of you ladies who have good skin and don't need to cover it with makeup. I'd feel horribly naked without it. Thankfully it only takes me about 5 minutes to apply. I'm pretty efficient at getting ready.
How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis? It really varies. My husband and I split the shopping, but during the summer he has more time than I do. I actually don't mind grocery shopping. I would say I go at least once a week.
Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night? I work full time, so definitely on the weekends! I don't consider work "me" time
How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally? Not much. Maybe 2 hours a week tops.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day? No. I shower, use a anti frizz product on my hair, scrunch and let it air dry.
How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis? Probably twice a week. I always forget stuff or need something from another store. Plus, I don't plan too far ahead, admittedly.
Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night? Weekday afternoons. I tend to run errands and do what I need to in the mornings/early afternoons and then steal some time for myself before everyone gets home.
How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally? I usually have the TV on in the background while scrapping or doing whatever I'm doing in the evenings. I almost never watch TV without doing something else at the same time, which drives my husband nuts!
Old 08-24-2019, 10:28 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Great questions this week!

What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day? So, I've had to totally change my routine. I used to be the manager of a garden center - sweaty, dirty - so I never got ready for work. Just ponytail and sunscreen. Now I am the HR manager and I have to get ready. I do use makeup, not a lot. And I spend about 30-40 minutes getting ready each morning as I shower the night before.
How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis? I grocery shop every two weeks, and pick up odds and ends as we need them.
Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night? My "me" time is typically a little bit in the mornings. While I have my coffee I might do a bit of writing or journaling. And in the evenings I will meditate, do some yoga and watch a favorite show before bed. So I guess I make me time a daily things!
How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally? 1-2 hours a day...maybe...
Old 08-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is your morning beauty routine? Do you use makeup? How much time do you spend getting ready for the day? I just went back to work last week. I have summers off and during the summer my routine is very different. During the school year my routine is streamlined to take as little time as possible. I shower at night. I spend less than 15 minutes getting ready in the morning. I can dress, put on makeup and do my hair in that length of time provided I am not having to yell at my kids to wake up every 2 seconds. I even curled my hair the other morning and was ready in 15 minutes. - I wash my face, moisturize (and use essential oils on my skin) and then use a BB cream that has sunscreen. I fill out my eyebrows a little, and put on some mascara. On days when I am more motivated I put on eye shadow and lipstick too.

How often do you grocery shop on a weekly basis? I put it off as long as possible. Even at that I tend to not grocery shop but rather send my husband or kid to buy an item here and there. Then, about once a month I break down and actually buy some real groceries. I just hate it all, the meal planning, prep, cooking, and even eating. Not a fan of any of it. Now that our Walmart FINALLY got the grocery pickup option I plan to utilize that a lot more.

Do you have more "me" time on a weekday or weekend? Morning or night? I am a student and I'd have to say that my homework time is 'me' time. Now that my kids are older I get a lot more time. My husband likes to watch TV during his time off, so unless we are doing something together he watches TV and I do whatever it is I want to do.

How many hours do you spend in front of the tv generally? As little as possible. Right now I'm sitting in front of the TV and the TV is on, but I'm not the one watching it. I'd say maybe I actually watch an hours' worth a day.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wash my face with Norwex body cloths and brush my teeth, but that's about it I can be ready in 5 minutes. If I'm going somewhere, I usually put on a little eyeliner. If hubby and I are going out for date night, I'll add a light powder and maybe eye shadow.

I tend to go a couple of times a week. I always forget something, even when I have a list! I really like Walmart's grocery pick up!

Since all of our kids are grown & gone, I have most me time whenever I want. I try to do chores during the day, so when hubby gets home, we have time together.

I don't watch TV much at all. Hubby really enjoys his TV time. It's his down-time. We may watch an episode of a show that I'm interested in, but that's rare.