Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default why?

Why, oh why does my HUSBAND doing household projects always ruin my day? We went out of town yesterday and did some shopping. We picked out a ceiling fan for our bedroom and then my husband bought some closet organizers, one for our room and one for our daughter's room. I had pulled everything out of her closet the day before and painted in there because the closet hadn't been touched since we moved in and not only was it two different colors (pink on the bottom, lime green on the top) but it was dingy and dirty looking despite my scrubbing. My plan was just to put everything back in the closet like it was and call it good with a coat of paint. Nope. He decided to put in a wire rack organizer system and there went my plans for the day. Its funny how "Don't worry, I won't need your help on this" actually means I have to run upstairs 871 times. First he needs my opinion. Then he needs my opinion again. Then he needs my opinion a third time as he rethinks things over and over. Then he needs my help. Then he can't find his tools. Then... it never fails that when he does projects I become the gopher (you know, go for this, go for that). Ugh. I was supposed to be working on the yearbook that is due TOMORROW (I'm about 1/8 done) and he had to have my help. Guess I'm pulling an all nighter. I can't work on the book with the kids fussing anyway.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well hopefully the end product is something you are happy with! You are nicer than I, I just wouldn't have helped, lol ... but in my defense, I also don't ask for help when I do a project, so I have the same expectations that I impose upon myself.

Good luck with the yearbook!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
but in my defense, I also don't ask for help when I do a project, so I have the same expectations that I impose upon myself.
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't expect my husband to help unless I were in, like, mortal peril.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Victoria Feemster Send a message via Yahoo to Victoria Feemster

That sucks Sherri! I can't believe I just now understood the meaning of gopher when used in that context. I didn't get it. I always wondered what people meant when saying it like that LOL

You taught me something new today

Old 03-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Glad to have helped, Victoria. LOL

My hubby and I have worked together at several jobs over the years and we work together on almost every household project so its always just been understood that we help each other out on these things. Of course he always chooses the days to start that I really have other things to be done. I'm sure the end result will be nice... if we ever finish it. Today was kind of a lost day with me working on yearbook stuff.