Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylabel View Post
I am a designer at another site but have purchased items here before and had to let you know that I recently purchased a cu product from Double Dutch Designs for commercial use that looks exactly like the said Doctor Doctor templates. I didn't read through the entire post so I don't know if this has been brought to your attention or not.
Here is the preview of the product that I purchased

They look almost identical and of course are out of bounds for use for me...again I just wanted to show it just in case it hadn't been seen.
This is the CU set of tools that Julie told us Robyn was "purely inspired by" when I wrote her about the similarities between Doctor Doctor and Libby's kit. As far as we know and like Tricia mentioned this CU team is not involved with Julie and Robyn at all. In fact, it would be interesting to know if Robyn purchased this item and had rights to use them in the first place. Hopefully she was on the up and up in some situations.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I just wanted to come in and give all the good and honest PS designers a big hug. I'm so sorry for all that you're being put through as well.

Just a thought too, for the PS designers. I would REALLY keep an eye on things in the future as far as your own products are concerned. Since many of you didn't get to delete your FTP, there's no telling what might happen in the future.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post

Just a thought too, for the PS designers. I would REALLY keep an eye on things in the future as far as your own products are concerned. Since many of you didn't get to delete your FTP, there's no telling what might happen in the future.
This has really been bothering me as well, since you didn't get to delete your own stuff, goodness knows where it is now.

I'm so sorry to all of you
Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
This is the CU set of tools that Julie told us Robyn was "purely inspired by" when I wrote her about the similarities between Doctor Doctor and Libby's kit. As far as we know and like Tricia mentioned this CU team is not involved with Julie and Robyn at all. In fact, it would be interesting to know if Robyn purchased this item and had rights to use them in the first place. Hopefully she was on the up and up in some situations.
I do know Brooke. I'll check with her.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblescrap Designs

I am not a member here until a couple of minutes ago and thought I needed to pop in.

I used to design there and left last February. I had a different reason for leaving. I thank my CT manager for bringing this to my attention and I am proud of my former co-designers there for taking action.

To all others who are looking out for me, yes, I own the code BSD (Bubblescrap Designs) and if there is anything I need to do or act upon, please feel free to let me know. This is a sad thing to happen to SSD designers and I salute your owner, Robin for her professionalism in handling this matter.

When I left though, i was informed that they needed to retain my kits for a month so that customers can still download what they purchased. I had only 2 purchases when I left so I thought why that long but it never really occurred to me that something fishy is going on. Now, I am unsure if my kits were really removed.

Last edited by Bubblescrap Designs; 03-29-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Gosh, that whole situation just sucks! I know nothing about Pretty Scrappy, but the way they've handled this is deplorable.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I work with Chelcee and just mentioned this to her.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her

Last edited by MommaTrish; 03-29-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

This is just terrible!!!

Just clicked over... looks like their store is offline "temporarily for maintenance"

Old 03-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Default She's not the only store

Well, back in Nov of 09 www.digitalfreebies.com decided to go designerless and only Retrodiva would be designing. None of the designers got their last pays. For me it was at least $150. We have waited and waited. I have written emails to the owner Tracy Lykins, only to be ignored. Still not sure if she intends to do the right thing and pay us all, but at this point it does look grim. None of the designers has said anything that I know of, we all were too classy and busy to bother, but this has been a real eye opener.

Thanks for taking the time to stand up and do the right thing!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I am Brooke of Double Dutch Designs. I have been following this, and did notice that our CU templates were used.

We are in no way affiliated with Scrapper Girl. We did, for a short period, work for pretty scrappy, and we have not been working there for quite a while.

We are working to figure out Scrapper Girl's last name to see if she even purchased the product. That would be interesting to learn. Robin, we have sent you an email, to see if you know. We will then be looking through our records.

It sucks that our name is being brought into this as we work very hard to create commercial and personal use items. If she did not purchase these, then I for one, will be extremely disappointed. I don't know what kind of a person would take someone else's work without paying for it.

Julie at Pretty Scrappy, should have handled this differently to say the least.

Last edited by brooklyndesigns; 03-29-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is such a shame....I am so sorry this is happening to all of you hard working designers.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
In fact, it would be interesting to know if Robyn purchased this item and had rights to use them in the first place.
this was my first thought as well.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

Well, Ihave gone through all this thread... it is unbelieveable how some people can do this! We in Slovakia say: "they must have a skin of hippopotamus!".

Robin acts great as always and I give my support to all the SSD designers as well as to other girlies who work hard and create perfect kits for us to preserve our memories

Old 03-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

We looked at our records, and Scrapper Girl did purchase the CU items from us. We have the order.

Brooke
double dutch designs

ps: thanks for emailing me robin!

Last edited by brooklyndesigns; 03-29-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

That is good news Brooke!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivayne View Post
Well, back in Nov of 09 www.digitalfreebies.com decided to go designerless and only Retrodiva would be designing. None of the designers got their last pays. For me it was at least $150. We have waited and waited. I have written emails to the owner Tracy Lykins, only to be ignored. Still not sure if she intends to do the right thing and pay us all, but at this point it does look grim. None of the designers has said anything that I know of, we all were too classy and busy to bother, but this has been a real eye opener.

Thanks for taking the time to stand up and do the right thing!
Yes... that was one of the stores I was referring to when I said some have left a bad taste in my mouth. After numerous failed attempts to contact Tracy, I am left quite frustrated. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've came across a store owner who refuses to pay what is owed. That is why I said it is nice to have the reminder that some store owners are willing to stand up and do the right thing for their designers. I am at, and have been at, some great stores but those bad eggs always leave a greater impression and make it hard to trust anyone.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndesigns View Post
We looked at our records, and Scrapper Girl did purchase the CU items from us. We have the order.

Brooke
double dutch designs

ps: thanks for emailing me robin!
Its nice to know. Honestly, when I first saw the kit by Scrapper Girl I thought of your CU pack and could see how it would have inspired a kit quite similar to Libby's (though I do admit, the color scheme and all makes it a little too close for comfort) but the blatant use of elements and papers that were taken directly from other kits and were not CU items at all just has me
Old 03-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Uhm.... I have no words... Hugs to all involved...

my blog
Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Default Comment on A statement from our team designers

I am not one to back the theft of any one's designs. I can imagine just how much work goes into a designers product to ensure the orignality and newness a consumer is looking for. While reading your statement, about another design website, I noticed when you posted that the designer you were referring to had changed her designer name to Big Apple designs, and the posted what could be referred to as proof that she did this.. My question with this, though is why does the date on the right hand corner state 6-26-2009 with a time stamp of 10:54 pm and then on the right hand corner there is a date of May 2009. I was understanding that this is something the designer in question had just done.. But it appears that maybe this desinger had indeed changed her screen name long before this ever came up. Please help clear up my confusion
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles74 View Post
I am not one to back the theft of any one's designs. I can imagine just how much work goes into a designers product to ensure the orignality and newness a consumer is looking for. While reading your statement, about another design website, I noticed when you posted that the designer you were referring to had changed her designer name to Big Apple designs, and the posted what could be referred to as proof that she did this.. My question with this, though is why does the date on the right hand corner state 6-26-2009 with a time stamp of 10:54 pm and then on the right hand corner there is a date of May 2009. I was understanding that this is something the designer in question had just done.. But it appears that maybe this desinger had indeed changed her screen name long before this ever came up. Please help clear up my confusion
may 2009 is her join date (when she registered with the site). 6-26-09 is the date the post was written, but the important part of the screenshot is the post itself. you can see who wrote the post by the looking at the blog addy that was posted. however, this post came up in a search of posts by "big apple designs," which proves this was not a new designer. it was simply scrapper girl's new identity/username. (when someone changes their username, the new name will appear on ALL their posts -- not just any posts after the date of the change).

does that help?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No wonder I liked the Doctor Doctor kit - Libby's medical kit has been a favorite of mine since it came out!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I see similarities, but I can tell the differences between the two also, I didn't look at who's was who's but one was better quality than the other, I know that piracy is wrong and I will be the first to tell you that, I am a designer that has lost my mojo lol, and I used a lot of commercial use items, which I think is a lot of the problem now a days, if everyone uses the same commercial use items then you are going to end up with kits that start to look the same, not saying that this is what happened here, but just pointing that out. Please don't bash me for stating a point. not saying that the person was right to do that,
Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness! I went out of town on Friday and got back on sunday to find PS closed with no explanation. NOW I know why! I had no idea and I feel terrible about how this was handled. I am (or should I say WAS) a designer at Pretty Scrappy...I"m ashamed to say! If I had known, I would have taken my designs out of Pretty Scrappy.

This is a terrible situation, and I for one, apologize for what has happened...I know it's not my place, as I didn't do anything, but I'm ashamed to say I'm a former designer there.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 PM
debzanne

profile gallery

Ugh. So sorry this has happened to all the designers involved. Also feel bad for the other designers at Pretty Scrappy. Bleh. Makes me want to go back to kindergarten, when we all followed the rules to be nice to each other.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, this just breaks my heart! Hugs to you guys-- the designers and staff here have always been the epitome of professionalism and creativity. Hugs, hugs!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:38 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Just wanted to send some (((hugs))) to all those affected, what a rotten situation and thank Robin for bringing this to the community's attention.
Good luck to all the girls who left PS in your new stores! xxx
Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I am very careful about where I go to do anything Digi as I have only been doing it for a couple years. I only buy from one shop. I did get the free stuff from PS, from doing ADSR (which is where I got this link in one of the threads). I really enjoyed reading how much you have supported each other. So sorry about all that happened. I do not totally understand it all, but do understand that it was so wrong.

Looking forward to getting to know this site a little better.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Hi there

I also had a run in with Robyn on the 18th August 2009 you can read all about it here and Julie the owner of Pretty Scrappy bailed her out, looks like Julie does that alot where Robyn is concerned.

Thanks Robin for posting this message & to all the other designers good luck in your new stores.

Take care.

Kind Regards
Julie
My Blog
Old 04-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

With so many designers in multiple stores and visiting other forums, it's hard to believe that someone would think no one would notice. Shameful!

Have a wonderfully creative moment each day!!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I think theft is horrible and honestly cant believe she would steal from any shop at all let alone one of the more popular ones i mean it easy really a matter of time before some one realized it.

As for Julie I think honestly as a former PS designer and a former store owner that she was protecting her friend... I mean maybe Robyn's excuse initially made since... i think any good friend would stand by them at least initially... i don't know exactly what took place so i cant say 100% but when a similar situation arose in my own shop some time ago I was sort of unprepared I asked the designer and removed her once the theft was proven but this can hit you like a ton of bricks and we all make mistakes... i mean i do think it was handled wrong but maybe its the first time dealing with the situation... i don't know

I'm just they kind of person who doesn't believe in first impressions... what if you meet some one on the worst day of their life... As for Robyn I hope she doesn't make it back into the design world with some fake design name!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Angry I can't beleived!!!!!

Oh my God, I cannot understand everything what has happened. My name is Eva Quevedo Ruiz aka Aveziur, Designer in Pretty Scrappy and have been out of the work for personal reasons last two weeks. To my return I have thought in my personal forum that the members of my creative team have been commented this topic and it has made me petrified. I still don't know that has happened with Pretty Scrappy, since I have not had time yet to see all my mail, but on this message I want to meet spirits to the designers of Sweet Shoppe and to say to them that I'm so sorry for the terrible situation that happened.

For what to my concerns, if Pretty Scrappy remains opened, and there is no convincing excuse, I will leave the shop, (I will look for better other one) and will try that this evil matter does not splash to me. I will write in my blog a post explaining this matter and I will erase everything related to this shop as far as possible.

Again, I feel very much this happened, and if in some occasion I can use as help anyone of Sweet Shoppe do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for putting me in the picture about this matter. Excuse me for my english mistakes.

Hugs,

Aveziur

My mail: eqruiz@gmail.com
My Blog: eqraveziur.blogspot.com
Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I again want to say thank you to SweetShoppe for posting this and bringing this to our attention no matter how painful.

Someone started a thread at DST for other store owners who may be hiring for the displaced PS designers. Search "Pretty Scrappy" at DST and the thread will come up (Store closed...) is the title.

Thank you again to SweetShoppe for being Sweet!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I was also a designer at PS, and can only say that I am so disappointed in all of this! Due to my daughter's senior prom and Easter, I had no idea this was all happening. I would have done the same as Teri and the others who left. I wish I would have had a chance to delete my products. My design name is Ladybug Pages, and I will get products to anyone that has any issues with anything of mine. Please email me at ladybugpages@gmail.com. So sorry to all of those she stole from. This makes me want to rethink designing at all!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I don't like to get involved in digi-drama as I always seem to be attacked back, but I did share this on my Facebook Fanpage.

I am often torn about whether outing this type of behavior is good or not as I can see where someone innocent could get drug through the mud. However, on the other hand, when there is such evidence as this, I feel it is a good thing to do.

I appreciate your professionalism in this matter.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I am shocked! I only came upon this post when I was trying to see if she had updated about her personal issues months back. I had wondered how she was doing. I am so sad to find out what she has been doing.

I commend SSD for handling this professionally. This is not my home store/forum but I do shop here from time to time...ya'll have some wonderful kits and I am so sorry some were taken from you.

Again I am shocked and sorry it happened. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by tngal22; 04-13-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by terimayo View Post
TTS is Totally Twisted Scraps
OneofakindDS was a fairly new desiger there
if it was a miss print on LMS that would be LNS and was Julie.. I dont know who LMS could have been

Hope this helps... there should have been tous in that kit so maybe you can check that out too..... T

I'm just reading all of this... most people don't know but Julie kicked me out of the store without warning and said she was doing all of the work and I wasn't doing any... I think most people at PS would know that Julie was very sick for a long while, and I was trying to pick up all of the slack... I'm horrified at what has occurred and sorry for everyone that was affected.

LMS - this would have been Laura Marie Scraps I think.
LNS could have been an old designer/owner Late Night Scraps
Julie's filenames would have started with SYM (Share Your Moments Designs)

If I can be of help in any way, please email me at sandra@thecoverts.net, and I will try.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciacurtis View Post
Robyn is not only a designer at PS, but also the store manager (recently promoted after the previous one was quickly removed without reason), who she claims has no access to the store - ??
Tricia - thank you for noticing I was gone I don't know what Julie had to say about my sudden departure, but I woke up to find myself one morning completely locked out of the store and my accounts deleted and this big long email from Julie saying I was taking advantage of her and not doing any of the work... I am sorry this happened to all of you!