Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Who's getting the big storm?

Colorado is bunkering down! Everything is closed, all flights in Denver cancelled. Even my work closed (can't remember the last time I had a snow day, lol!)

Who else is getting this?
Old 03-13-2019, 01:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thankfully we're not! Keep safe, y'all!!
Rain was in the forecast for us yesterday evening. It poured and then turned into snow, but blue skies today. Funny thing was, hubby & youngest son were out putting new wiper blades on his car when the rain came down in buckets
Old 03-13-2019, 01:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was talking to Wendy and she told me she is getting it Hope everyone who gets hit by the big storm is safe !! ♥
Old 03-13-2019, 01:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are actually headed into warmer weather expecting close to 70 degrees here tomorrow yay!! I hope things don’t get to bed for anyone effected by the storm forecast for you. I’m ready to jump right into summer here personally.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:44 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am so done with winter. Cannot wait for the warmer spring weather. Tomorrow supposed to be 70.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Stay safe and warm! We have had our share of cold and snowy weather this winter (even though it came pretty much within a couples weeks time). We are actually supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow and then in the 40's! Enjoy your time off from work! Curl up with a good book, or if you keep power, do some scrapping!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Stay safe. Our weather is finally warming up a bit, mid 40's now and the snow is almost all gone. I'm ready for spring.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sigh. We never get the snow. It's raining here and has been all day. Cloudy and mid-50s tomorrow. Maybe we'll get some sun this weekend.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Stay safe if you're in its path! We're on the East Coast, so the next few days are supposed to be high 60's. Unfortunately, I think they're predicted to be rainy. I'm so done with rain!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No snow in the forecast here! In fact, the high for tomorrow and Friday is 71. It's looking like we'll get (MORE!) rain and maybe some thunderstorms on Friday, and then it's going to get colder on Saturday, just in time for an outdoor festival I'm volunteering at that night.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sadly Val we have it too, but you and I are practically neighbors!

The last wind storm our neighbors never fixed their fence, even though the surrounding neighbors asked them repeatedly if they fixed it. Guess what? They didn't. Our fence snapped in two places. The other two sides of their fences snapped and now they are flapping against the wind. A piece of one of the fences snapped off and broke another neighbor's gate, and we aren't even in the worst of the storm!!

My husband and I are currently brainstorming how to fix our 50' run of fence before we list our house in 17 days. With my surgery, I'm not allowed to do anything of repetition or lift over 5lbs. Was really hoping this storm missed us.

Stay safe there, Val! It doesn't sound like it's going to let up until tomorrow afternoon/evening.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Welp, didn't heed any of the warnings to stay off the roads and went out to grab lunch with Keith... and totaled my car.

WHAAAA!!!!!

I'm ok, but all the side and seat airbags went off, windows busted out, wheel is all smashed up. On top of that, I was filing my ins claim and realized that all this time I wasn't paying for collision coverage. Cause I guess I only get adulting things right 90% of the time.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

The last wind storm our neighbors never fixed their fence, even though the surrounding neighbors asked them repeatedly if they fixed it. Guess what? They didn't. Our fence snapped in two places. The other two sides of their fences snapped and now they are flapping against the wind. A piece of one of the fences snapped off and broke another neighbor's gate, and we aren't even in the worst of the storm!!

My husband and I are currently brainstorming how to fix our 50' run of fence before we list our house in 17 days. With my surgery, I'm not allowed to do anything of repetition or lift over 5lbs. Was really hoping this storm missed us.

Stay safe there, Val! It doesn't sound like it's going to let up until tomorrow afternoon/evening.
I had just moved here when that wind storm hit, so I remember it well, lol! Doesn't seem as bad this time?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For once I can say not us!! Haha... we have had like the 8th snowiest winter on record.... something crazy like 58 in this winter. Now we are melting snow like crazy and we are having heavy rain. The storm drains are plugged with snow so we have lots of standing water. I pray our sump pump stays pumping!
Old 03-13-2019, 06:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Welp, didn't heed any of the warnings to stay off the roads and went out to grab lunch with Keith... and totaled my car.

WHAAAA!!!!!

I'm ok, but all the side and seat airbags went off, windows busted out, wheel is all smashed up. On top of that, I was filing my ins claim and realized that all this time I wasn't paying for collision coverage. Cause I guess I only get adulting things right 90% of the time.
Oh no, Valerie I'm so sorry! I'm glad you are okay, though!!!
Old 03-13-2019, 06:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

That's such a bummer about your fence, Wendy! I hope you'll be able to find an inexpensive fix for it.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

WHAAAA!!!!!

Oh no!! Val I'm so sorry!! Are you guys okay? Did you all have to go the ER? Anything broken? I'm so sorry Do you need anything, after the storm and the roads are clear, of course!

Quote:
I had just moved here when that wind storm hit, so I remember it well, lol! Doesn't seem as bad this time?
Right now, no. It doesn't. I can't get any of the local news to update what's going on. I'm wondering if it's fizzling down. Fingers crossed it is because I don't want any more damage done to our property!
Old 03-14-2019, 03:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Oh no Val! Glad you are okay.

We're in CO. The kids and I stayed in and hubby went to work only for a couple hours this morning. He left a little before 11AM because there was barely visibility and he had to drive from the Tech Center, which was a mess. Thankfully, he was safe. No trees down in our yard, but some in our neighbors and a few fences are done for.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We've had some storms as well.
Not like storms in the US, but some quite big ones. We're not really used to that in Belgium.
Our neighbours roof of their home came off and landed in our backyard on Sunday. And our neigbours from across the street, their car got hit with debris.
Lots of people their home got damaged.

I couldn't get home on Sunday. Public transportation was shut down.

We've still got stormy weather at the moment. Lots of wind, rain, snow, hail... I was soaked and cold yesterday when I came home from work.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no I’m sorry Val!

And for the others with damage too. Stay safe!

Rain and warm in OH today. Guess I won’t complain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh no!! Val I'm so sorry!! Are you guys okay? Did you all have to go the ER? Anything broken? I'm so sorry Do you need anything, after the storm and the roads are clear, of course!
Nah, I'm ok. I was pretty shook up because I've never had such a hard collision before, but nothing hurts. The lady I hit said immediately that her neck hurts, so that could fun

Don't need anything, but we should get together for coffee or something soon! Now that I'm done with school my schedule has opened up and I don't feel like a zombie crazy person anymore, lol!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronesia View Post
Oh no Val! Glad you are okay.

We're in CO. The kids and I stayed in and hubby went to work only for a couple hours this morning. He left a little before 11AM because there was barely visibility and he had to drive from the Tech Center, which was a mess. Thankfully, he was safe. No trees down in our yard, but some in our neighbors and a few fences are done for.
Where in Co are you??? Wendy and I live in the Springs
Old 03-14-2019, 05:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Nah, I'm ok. I was pretty shook up because I've never had such a hard collision before, but nothing hurts. The lady I hit said immediately that her neck hurts, so that could fun

Don't need anything, but we should get together for coffee or something soon! Now that I'm done with school my schedule has opened up and I don't feel like a zombie crazy person anymore, lol!
Yes! We need to get together soon!! Time is tick-tocking getting short for us!

Quote:
Where in Co are you??? Wendy and I live in the Springs
Shh, don't share where I live!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes! We need to get together soon!! Time is tick-tocking getting short for us!

Shh, don't share where I live!
busted!