Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-25-2018, 10:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default 2018 - yay, nay or meh

I have never been someone who hate a particular year.. there is good/bad and everything but I never really make resolutions (at least not in the last several years) and i'm not anxious to start again.. however.....2018 has not been a kind year for me and I have to say I'm pretty excited to be closing the books on this one. There have been a lot of hard things we've gone through and while I realize we have so much to be thankful for... it dosn't take away the suck. lol.

Are you anxious for a new year? have you had a good year (I REALLY hope you have)?
Old 11-25-2018, 10:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I realize we still have more than a month of 2018 left.... lol
Old 11-25-2018, 11:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, its been one of those years... a few not so good things happened (e.g crashed my car, stress of having to apply for my own job to keep it for another year, etc). But for each of those there was a good flip side (e.g. got a new car!, got my job back, etc)... I've never had a year like that before, and its been soooo busy (compared to normal). I'm definitely looking forward to the summer break and a new year (though I don't think it will be any less busy).
Old 11-25-2018, 11:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking forward to 2019 as well. The last 2 years for us have been a blur and we've gone through a LOT of "downs".
I am thankful for all we have, but I am ready for a new slate.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

After the year 2017 gave us, I'm fairly certain anything offered from 2018 would be better than the previous year. So while we had our ups and downs this year for 2018, everything has been better and appreciated. Now granted we still have a month remaining, but so far, 2018 has been okay to our family. With that said, I'm really hoping 2019 will be a thousand times better than 2018!
Old 11-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry about the year you've had. <3

It's been a good year but it's also been HARD. Brian's cancer diagnosis has been harder than we thought. He hasn't missed any school though which is impressive. He has 1 more semester and then will graduate in May with his master's. My health issues haven't really improved much so that's been hard as well. My sister and her husband moved to NYC...she's the only family member to live out of state so it's been tough too. Thank heavens for Facetime and Marco Polo!

We've seen lots of good though! We both traveled, he's excelled in school, I finally branched out in photography & have been busy. Our kids have been healthy and happy. Overall, it's been a successful year! I just have to look at the positive side of things.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:07 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry so many of you have had a challenging year! Mid-2017 through this summer were sucky for us, too. Thankfully our issues were several unplanned and expensive home repairs rather than something more devastating. We finally turned the corner over the summer, and this fall things have been a lot better. So overall I guess I'd have to go with meh for 2018, though November has been really good so far. I kind of just want to live this month over and over on a loop for a while, LOL!
Old 11-26-2018, 04:16 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

It has been a couple of long and exhausting years for our little family... a couple of devastating deaths in Lan's family, some closed doors aka unsuccessful applications that we were hoping to go through, lots of health problems. Still... there were great things.
Looking back, though there were lots of tough times, we survived. We had some great vacations, I finished my English teaching qualifications in a bit more than a year, and we are closer than ever, we have become stronger and, above all, we see that God has always been with us through it all. Hence, I am still grateful.
As to 2019, I do pray that it will be a breakthrough, a much better year than ever. We have a lot of expectations and plans, but we also learn that God's timings are always the best.

HUGS to all of you that have been having a rough year. I really do pray next year will be better.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:47 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This has been a rough year for me because of loved ones and good friends passing away. My mom's death was, and still is, hard for a lot of different reasons that I am doing my best to work through.

It has also had it's high points, my son getting married for example. That was a beautiful day.

Overall, I am going to have to give it a meh and be glad to see the back end of it. I am praying that there is less loss in 2019 and that I start feeling more like myself again.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ups and downs here too.....we've lost a loved one to cancer....almost lost my FIL because of cancer and those have been the lowest for sure. Hoping 2019 will be much better healthwise but we will just have to wait and see
Old 11-26-2018, 07:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs to all having a bad year.

I'm indifferent. There is still so much I want to do before the end of the year, but time keeps slipping away from me. I'm not really looking forward to turning 50 is 2019, but it's better than not, right?
Old 11-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

2018 was a wonderful year for me overall, but some of my not-so-great decisions are most certainly going to catch up with me in 2019, so there’s some anxiety about the New Year.

I spent this year at home with my son who was born in September 2017. I am so grateful to have had this time with him, it was both amazing and difficult, and while I’d say it’s priceless, it actually came with a significant price tag. Going from two incomes to one has been challenging and the bills are starting to pile up. I’ve tried multiple ways of earning money from home, but it turns out that while I’m very talented, entrepreneurship is incredibly difficult for me. I considered going back to work... but it turns out we’re pregnan again! I’m beyond excited, but two in child care would be equally as crippling unless I went to work at a child care center, which hasn’t been my passion for a long time. So, I’m at a bit of a crossroads.

2019 is going to be full of wonder and new adventures and significant challenges as well. I’m both excited and anxious. I’m doing a program called Holiday Council that helps give closure to the current year and gain clarity for the year ahead and I am so excited to get started setting some goals for myself.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've had the best year ever, mostly because we spent half of it in the States with our families but also because it was mostly sunny and my happiness is 90% determined by the weather.

The first half of the year I got to teach middle school literature, and that was fun & stretching, and I am so hopeful I will get to teach again when we go back to the Philippines.

I don't know what opportunities 2019 will bring, but I am so thankful for all the happy memories we've made in 2018.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

2018 was a yay for us- especially since 2017 was a really crummy year! We checked off a few bucket list travels, a few to do lists for the house & have both have been successful & fulfilled at our jobs! We are all healthy & happy- so I'm calling that a win!
Old 11-26-2018, 12:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

ugh I'm so sorry Kristin! I'm in the same boat. The year started great but after the Summer it's been really difficult to juggle it all.
Hard time being with the husband, being a mom, losing myself, a new baby on the way... it's just rough.
Let's hope for a better year for all of us!
Old 11-26-2018, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This has been a very difficult year for us, too. I'm wondering if it's years ending in "8" because 2008 was probably our worst year ever. (I can't remember much of 1998) LOL!
I'm praying that 2019 brings breakthroughs. I've been thinking through my OLW for 2019, and I'm considering something like "malleable" or "limber" because maybe I just need to be able to roll with things better.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We went through treatments to have a baby this year and it obviously didn't work. Honestly, that has really made the entire nine months since difficult... but the due date finally passed and I've decided it's time to move on.

And I have no idea why I'm sharing about this after being quiet about it for months. But I hope we all have better years ahead!
Old 11-26-2018, 05:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
We went through treatments to have a baby this year and it obviously didn't work. Honestly, that has really made the entire nine months since difficult... but the due date finally passed and I've decided it's time to move on.

And I have no idea why I'm sharing about this after being quiet about it for months. But I hope we all have better years ahead!
I'm so sorry, Marla! <3 I hope next year is better for you!!
Old 11-26-2018, 06:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I am so sorry and completely understand. I just read an article the other day about how it's good to talk about it so it isn't all bottled up inside. So talking is good therapy for your soul and mind. May you find healing in the disappointments this year and who knows, maybe even be blessed with a miracle next year
Old 11-26-2018, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Marla, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully next year will be better.

This has been a difficult year for me too. My dad was diagnosed with a rare cancer at the end of 2017. We almost lost him in March and then he spent the next 6 months in the hospital or a rehab hospital. I have 2 siblings and we all live 2-3 hours from my parents so we've felt helpless that we can't be closer to help out. I only have 1 child so I was able to help out more, but it's been a crazy year. I'm grateful that I work for a church and they were more than willing to let me take off any time I needed to go help my parents. I never understood how difficult it was to watch your parents age and to go through watching them lose their independence. It's sad, and emotionally draining. Dad is finally home, but will likely never regain the quality of life he was used to. I'm just grateful he was able to go home for his and my mother's sake. I'm hoping 2019 is better.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Overall, we have had an okay year. We lost my grandfather to cancer in April. He was an amazing man, and there will always be a hole in my heart for him. I tell myself everyday that he needed to be with his son and grandson in heaven...it helps sometimes. Honestly, besides the daily struggles of work, bills, and parenting, we made it through 2018 pretty well!
Old 11-27-2018, 12:11 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm so glad there have been so many good years and big massive hugs for those that have had struggles and hard times <3 <3 <3

I'm really bad at quoting everyone but please know I do care!
Old 11-27-2018, 12:25 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Hugs everyone. Let us all hope 2019 treat us better!

The whole year was kinda sad :c It started so depressive after losing a beloved one to depression :c Each month the day he left hits me hard. Last year of uni was a total mess. Been on pills to sleep. Sleeping more than 19th straight for days and then just getting 20 hours of sleep in a week. Being sensitive over the smallest things. My sister had a 4 month long trip, job call delay, dad's diabetic foot bills are no joke, which caused me fall into depression again. One day my mom told me she wanted to quit. But that word holds the worst meaning for me. Hard days at my job. Anxiety, stress and depression. When I was feeling myself again... my beloved almost 17 year old pet passed away two weeks ago. I still can't help myself and cry.

This is what I have done the most this year, crying so desperately in fear. :c
Old 11-27-2018, 11:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

2018 was... weird for me.

Things have come together on the outside -- dual income, extra-currics, both kids in school -- but some 'inside' things are still brewing.

Next year is my last in my 30s, and it feels like it's going to be a big one.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

2018 was strange, but with the usual ups and downs.
Some beautiful and unexpected things happened, for which I'm very grateful.
At the same time, some bad things from the past keep haunting me.
But I'm really looking forward to the holiday season and the new year.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, 2018 was 'just a year', nothing fantastic, but nothing horrible either (right here locally), until Monday morning when we received the call that my Father in Law past away. So it's been a rough couple of days, and will continue being a rough week and difficult holiday season to get through. All this going on in the family, paired with our community here losing Amber, I am just ready to close out 2018.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry for your loss Jenn.

I truly hope 2019 will be a beautiful year for all of us here.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well I might have spoken too soon about 2019 and the ending of 2018. Seems the ending of 2018 is going to be a dark ending and 2019 is going to bring just as much pain and suffering with a lot of questions needing answers.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I’m sorry to hear that, Wendy. I hope things get better. Hugs and prayers!

Old 11-28-2018, 06:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lots of love and hugs to those that had less than stellar year.

I don't know... 2018 was better than last year, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I just keep truckin'.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

meh for probably 90% of the year - constant job applications, interviews and then rejections. The other 10% was ugh thanks to my mum having a heart valve issue which was diagnosed in the first half of the year with “urgent” surgery to still be done - was meant to only be a 3-6 month wait.......also my uncle had a heart attack early last month and had to have a triple bypass.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine has been a pretty good year. The downside was our oldest daughter moving halfway across the country and not getting to see her and the grandbaby. There have been lots of upsides though.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A big fat nay from me! I guess I have 1 yay and that was Thomas being born then it went downhill from there, he cried all day every day for months, he was in hospital with meningitis at 4 weeks old, I was then diagnosed with post partum depression but the pills made me feel worse so I had to come off them. I am feeling slightly better now and I am just looking forward to leaving 2018 behind!
Old 12-14-2018, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

We've had highs and lows this year, pretty much like most years.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2017 was a crap year, then 2018 was a meh.. year. I'm really hoping 2019 will be better, although I doubt it with what lies ahead. I might loose my job as the firm is cutting down on staff due to money. My husband is going away for a week for studies and I'm left to deal with the kids (drop off at school is after my workday starts on the other side of town), so that'll be fun. And I might go through a risk reducing double mastectomy to avoid getting breast cancer in the future. We've mainly been living life one day at the time and everything seems to sneak up on us. Not feeling very motivated for 2019 to start. Only upside is I get to hold my PL 2018 finished book sometimes in January.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I actually had a pretty decently good year and my one little word fit my year perfectly (commit). I am having trouble thinking of a good one for next year. It's going to be a mixture of really good things (getting married, yay!) and really hard on my family things (being separated by work) next year. So it's hard and I am unsure what will fit.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

2018 was chaotic but also very nay for me. My world was ripped apart when my grandmother died in August and it hasn't been the same since. Hopefully the new year/hopefully fresh start will snap me out of this extreme funk I've been in. I'm hoping 2019 will be better to me.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs all around to those who have had a hard year - I'm hopeful for a fresh start with a fresh year!

This has been a good year for my family overall, but the worst year I've ever had in my life personally in terms of mental health. At one point, for awhile, I couldn't remember who I actually was without the crippling anxiety and depression. I've started therapy and it's going well so far so I am hopeful that 2019 will give me a clearer head and a way to cope with my anxiety.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 12-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
Meh - My father passed away three weeks ago. I'm ready for the year to be over.
(((HUGS))) I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had a pretty awesome year even given a few setbacks. I am truly blessed by a loving family and adoring husband and LOVE is all I require to love my life.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

man, some of you have had a really crappy 2018

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 12-18-2018, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2018 started out pretty rough. My mom passed away the end of Feb after battling cancer for many years. But, since we know she's better off and in Heaven, we've been able to move forward easier.

We took an amazing vacation this Aug and made many wonderful family memories. We did have some close friends move away, which made things difficult (especially for my youngest since it was her best friend), but we were able to visit with them in Oct. AND, now they have moved back, so we get to reestablish those friendships again.
Nov I was slightly in a depressed state as I was feeling the loss of my mom as the holidays approached. I didn't think it would be bad until Dec, but Nov was bad. Moving closer to Christmas, it may get bad again, for now I am focusing on the memories and traditions to get me through.

I'm looking forward to 2019! I'm praying it's a much better year for our family. WE also have another amazing family vacation planned that we are all looking forward too!