Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2014, 10:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Who's ready for Snow Storm Bethany??

Sadly I'm not the kids have half day today. The orthodontist called to bump up my son's appt. instead moving it out another month. My oldest dd is in limbo about her school closing, ohhh and yeah I have no eggs, milk, bread, pizza or cold cuts in the fridge.
My New Year day 2 is off to an amazing start! blehhhh

How are you all in my parts holding up?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! Sorry Mary! We don't have snow or ice right now. We are just REALLY cold and windy.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
Oh no! Sorry Mary! We don't have snow or ice right now. We are just REALLY cold and windy.
It started here and my two lil one's were like Yay!! Snow!! No, No, Yay from me hopefully when I leave in about an hour to go drive in it my mood will change.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate the cold so I am so with you. My boys get so excited and all I can think about is all the wet and cold clothing that adds to my laundry! Plus, they always want to play out in it and they are young enough I have to be out there with them! NO THANKS! LOL Plus, people just get dumb when there is ice and snow on the roads........it is like they have NEVER seen it before. Yea, I am cranky when it comes to it. You can complain to me all you want and I will not judge you one bit. LOL
Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh goodness, that doesn't sound fun at all!! I'm so thankful to live in S. Texas this time of year! Those cold temps would make me curl up in a ball and cry.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOL Thanks Tara, I hear ya with the clothes and with my kiddos they go out at least 3x a day but today with the wind chill it's like -1 so they may not be happy with me but this air is not for soaking in!! Thanks for letting me vent it out

Lucrecia, that's my motto today!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It has been too cold here to snow... and now I see it's suppose to be -10 on Monday... and that is the high, pre windchill... *sigh* I need to move south...
Old 01-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

We have snow...lots of it. Well not tons yet but it's expected that we will get 3-5" today and another 1-2" tonight. That's on top of the 3" we got yesterday. I love the snow though!!! I already went to the grocery store and got the few things I needed so I'm ready.

I will say all I want to do though is stay cuddled in bed all day. Not gonna happen with Kennedy around though. lol
Old 01-02-2014, 12:30 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I'm just waiting to see if we get the early dismissal call. I'll have to get my friends kid from school too if they do. He and my kid are like bffs so it's all good lol other than the fact that I want to be lazy and not do anything that is haha
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cold and snowy here. My only complaint is that I've only got 1 Zantac left. I put off buying more in case baby came, but she's still happily incubating and giving me heartburn. DH went to work this morning but he only plans on a half day because that's when the storm will be picking up. Schools were supposed to start back up, but they've all called snow days.

I didn't know this was called Bethany. We joke that if our baby is born during a snowstorm we will have to name her after it. Bethany is at least pretty.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We've gotten just over 8 inches.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have quite a bit of snow already (maybe 6 inches and we have another day of the storm). We're in the projected 12-18 inches zone. We're just chilling out at home. Not going anywhere... We're not against driving in the snow, it's that the stupid blower in the car heater isn't working so we don't want to go anywhere in the car. lol... But we have enough food and everything so if we're stuck in the house for a few days, oh well... Stay safe and warm everyone

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 01-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
I didn't know this was called Bethany. We joke that if our baby is born during a snowstorm we will have to name her after it. Bethany is at least pretty.
I think they're calling it Hercules.. that's what the weather channel website says anyway.. I don't know if you'd want to name your girl Hercules LOL

Old 01-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It must not be gonna hit us; I haven't seen anything about it on my FB feed, which is definitely where I get the bulk of my news.

My kids are DESPERATE for some snow, though, so I wish we'd planned better and were making a trip to the east coast this weekend!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

No snow here...just -45 F with the wind chill Kids can't go outside to play and they are driving me crazy!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Stay warm and safe, everyone! Weather is much better here: 40 and dry today, maybe a little snow overnight. Tomorrow's high is 20 with a wind chill in the single digits, and that's about as cold as we ever get. After reading about your weather, that's looking a whole lot better! The kids don't go back to school until Mon, and I am so, so ready for that.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Huh. I had no idea this was an actual snowstorm. We've gotten a ton of snow- maybe a total of 8 inches so far and it's supposed to keep going for a few days, I guess. (I had breakfast with a couple of teachers who said this... I didn't check for sure. ) I DO know that Monday we have a high of 1*... so I'm hoping our first day back is a 2-hour delay!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, we've been in a freaking deep freeze for the past freaking week (like below 20 deep freeze with wind chills even colder), we've had a few storms that dropped between 8 and 12 inches of snow EACH in the past 2 weeks, an ice storm that glazed everything over in about an inch of ice (some people just got their power back a couple days ago from losing it on December 22nd, and we are scheduled to have another 8 inches or so of snow tonight/tomorrow.

But, we're fine. DD doesn't go back to school until this next Monday, and we're supposed to have a heat wave (up to 35!! ) We've been business as usual because we're tough up here in Maine DD has had her basketball practices and games on schedule (except 1 practice did get canceled last week). We went to friends' for NYE and today we went into the city for some shopping, lunch out, and then the grocery store.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I think this is what we are getting tomorrow, at least I hope so, and it's not another storm to follow! It's been wicked cold here!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm jealous of the snow. It's supposed to be 77 degrees here today. I'd just like a *little* winter weather in the winter. Our weather is so boring.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I'm jealous of the snow. It's supposed to be 77 degrees here today. I'd just like a *little* winter weather in the winter. Our weather is so boring.
Feel free to come enjoy my 4+ feet of it
Old 01-02-2014, 05:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
No snow here...just -45 F with the wind chill Kids can't go outside to play and they are driving me crazy!
Yikes, I should be complaining then

Megan opppsss It is Storm Hercules, yeah don't name her that

Vanessa we are supposed to get 5"-10 so maybe close to your 8".

I know the teachers here were happy. School was half day and tomorrow more than 90% chance schools will be closed.

Stay warm and don't drive unless you have to.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No snow here, but we've been on weather alerts for high winds and storms for over a week now, and just today we've been put on alert for flooding. Reports coming in already of severe floods not too far from us. Thankfully we've been able to stay home for the most part anyway, school isn't back until Monday here. Stay warm!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
We've been business as usual because we're tough up here in Maine
Not here, LOL! I grew up in Connecticut and went to college in Massachusetts, and even though they're not as tough there as in Maine, a little snow doesn't bring everything to a standstill. Here in Virginia, even the threat of snow leads to cancellations. We're wimps who don't have enough plows.

It just started snowing here, but we're getting a couple inches at most.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Not here, LOL! I grew up in Connecticut and went to college in Massachusetts, and even though they're not as tough there as in Maine, a little snow doesn't bring everything to a standstill. Here in Virginia, even the threat of snow leads to cancellations. We're wimps who don't have enough plows.

It just started snowing here, but we're getting a couple inches at most.
LOL - I lived in Virginia a couple times for a few years during our years in the Marines - and you're right- everything comes to a standstill! Up here everyone just plows through and most everyone has 4-WD or AWD. The ice storms do slow things down though
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I contacted my friends and family back in Upstate NY and they said they have anywhere from 10-18" already and are expecting more. They said most of the actual snowfall is very off from what's on the local the news, so it could be worse than predicted.

Be safe out there!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Haha good thing I don't think she's coming! Baby Hercules! Bethany is a pretty name though.

I'm from AZ, so I get excited by all of this weather! Marie, you must have gotten snow for all of the rain we've been getting. We missed the ice storm too. Our lawn was starting to show in places, so we are due for a snow storm. We didn't get nearly the snow we were expecting today, but more is supposed to come overnight.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
Haha good thing I don't think she's coming! Baby Hercules! Bethany is a pretty name though.

I'm from AZ, so I get excited by all of this weather! Marie, you must have gotten snow for all of the rain we've been getting. We missed the ice storm too. Our lawn was starting to show in places, so we are due for a snow storm. We didn't get nearly the snow we were expecting today, but more is supposed to come overnight.
Yes, we have had all snow this winter so far. I live not far from the coast but just enough inland that it can go either way for us, and so far this winter it's been snow (except for the ice storm last week). It hasn't started snowing up here yet from this storm but is supposed to start sometime tonight.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we've had snow all day, but not too much so the kids had school. we just got the call that school is cancelled tomorrow, though. i'm OK with snow now, it's still early enough in the season that i like it (even though all the wet gear/clothes in the mud room drives me crazy) … i start going bananas in march when there's still so.much.snow … i'm over it by then! haha. being from texas i love it in the beginning

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes, we have had all snow this winter so far. I live not far from the coast but just enough inland that it can go either way for us, and so far this winter it's been snow (except for the ice storm last week). It hasn't started snowing up here yet from this storm but is supposed to start sometime tonight.
Lucky! We've had some snow, but it hasn't lasted very long for us. We've been getting rain for weeks, including on Christmas Eve and Christmas

We've gotten about 6 inches already today, and the storm is expected to technically start about right now.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
Lucky! We've had some snow, but it hasn't lasted very long for us. We've been getting rain for weeks, including on Christmas Eve and Christmas

We've gotten about 6 inches already today, and the storm is expected to technically start about right now.
Wow Rachael! I would have thought you'd be buried over there too! This is the most snow we've had at the end of December in years. The skiiers and snowmobilers are ecstatic - LOL Me, not so much
Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have snow. It started last night, dropped about 1" and then melted off somewhat today. We are supposed to get the nasty stuff on Monday. School resumes Tuesday. I'm not sure what is going to happen.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Meanwhile, it was 55 degrees in the Oklahoma panhandle. lol.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ohh Marla that sounds so refreshing... meanwhile here the snows still coming down...

Dana, I used to be like that but this year it's just blehhh maybe b/c of my sinuses and being sick. I'm just not feeling it, well that and my kids squeeling about snow and no school tomorrow!!

Old 01-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Wow Rachael! I would have thought you'd be buried over there too! This is the most snow we've had at the end of December in years. The skiiers and snowmobilers are ecstatic - LOL Me, not so much
All our ski resorts have been using their snowmaker machines, it's crazy.
A few weeks ago we got maybe 6 inches, but then we had temps in the 50s so it all melted, and then the rain over the holidays. It was in the 60s the week of Christmas, I think we hit some record for highest temperatures. It was awful, it felt like spring already! I would have rather had a foot of snow

Old 01-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I'm in MN and not only do we have SNOW - we have COLD! The governor just cancelled all public schools for Monday because of projected high temperatures near -20!!!!