Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-27-2016, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Angry Feeling Frustrated With photo books

I'm looking to vent, get suggestions from everybody, and notify you of an amazing sale.

For years I have printed 12 x12 pages and slipped them into albums (mostly because I don't scrap chronologically) . I started doing Project Life in 2013 and have been printing PL in albums. I think the albums look nicer and are easier to look at.

I nearly exclusively have printed with Scrapping Simply/Paper Kiwi. I would pre-purchase book credits when they were on sale. They no longer will be offering book credits in the future -frustration number 1.

I can't find any other company that will print 12x12 lay flat books with 104 pages to accommodate Project Life - frustration number 2. I've looked many times over the years.

I want to print a photo book today with Paper Kiwi of our Cruise. My pages are all done in PL style. When I load them into their book software many of the edges are cut off. I don't want to go in manually and resize all the items on the page. I've made an action for this in the past with my PL album but I just tried it and it looks all wonky. How do you guys handle this situation when you print photo books. It will take me forever to resize all of the pages manually. - frustration number 3.

I feel like I should be spending time scrapping new pages instead of spending so much time trying to figure out how to print the ones I've made.

Paper Kiwi has 70% photo books in honor of their 70 year anniversary! This is a ridiculously good deal!

Sorry for the rambling long message!
Old 08-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've recently started using Photobook America. I switched from Shutterfly because they have higher page counts and more discounts. I checked and saw that they don't have 12x12, only 11x11. But they're doing 73% off their layflat books: http://www.photobookamerica.com/promotions

And it looks like the layflat books go up to 160 pages.

When you say you use the action to resize the pages and they go wonky, what do you mean? Have you flattened the image before resizing? If not the shadows may look weird. I would use an action to flatten the image, resize (like 97%) and add a background color (like grey), essentially adding a bleed around all the pages. Will that work?

Old 08-27-2016, 09:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Zanthia122 - thanks so much!

I'm going to check out Photobook America now. I'm not familiar with them! and 73% off is amazing!

My action resized worked on my 2015 PL album but when I tried it today it only resized some of the photos on the page not all. I'm going to try the action sequence you suggested. I selected everything and then used the handlebars to shrink it. Your method sounds much easier!

You might have solved all my problems in one post!
Old 08-28-2016, 12:49 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yay!