Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy
Default If I could, I would

What's one personality trait you possess that you wish you could change?

I love my maternal instinct that wants me to solve everyone's problems, but I can't, so, I wish i could care a little less.

What would you change?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That I wasn't so sensitive... I cry at the drop of a hat when I hear or see kids or animals being hurt... I can't watch any movie that is one bit sad or sappy... Then move it over to my personal life... I'm too sensitive in what I think others think of me... and if I do something and am corrected (even if it's not a bad thing, just a suggestion), I will dwell on it for days... I feel like I've let people down... I hate that...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Kindred spirits, Rebecca. I feel ya

Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Probably that I didn't really feel the need to fix everything and be ok with my friends and family making mistakes well not be ok with it but let them make them and not try and step in the minute it looks like its turning to disaster x
Old 01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I worry way to much...about totally random things happening to my kids or my husband. I will get a thought in my head and then suddenly it is all I can think of. Like when my daughter became a pharmacy tech when I think about it to much I start to worry she will be robbed one day (and her store was robbed right before christmas). She just was not there when it happened. I know most likely it will not happen but I cannot stop from thinking it COULD and all the things that could go wrong even though she and the pharmacists are trained what to do....and that is just one of the many many things I am scared could happen to my kids or my husband.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If I could I would care more about the tornado that is my home...I just can't make myself care about the messes these boys make constantly...I mean I know where stuff is but no one else does...my house is in a constant state of disarray and I really don't care and I know I should...LOL
Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

yea the sensitive and caring and making sure things are right.. honesty is a BIG importance to me too.... i find i give alot of myself to people that probably wouldn't if the roles were reversed.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can so relate to the sensitive and worrying too much. I've also become more impatient in recent years which I really don't like.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I would love to be less shy when I first meet people. I'm so envious of those people who can walk into a room and talk to everyone. No one who knows me would say I'm shy but I'm the worst when it comes to small talk and meeting people. I get so nervous and my mind goes blank or I say something stupid and it just makes me more nervous and ugh, blah, it's terrible. Doesn't help that the military is like one non-stop first time meet and greet.

And I'd love to be less of a perfectionist. I am so hard on myself about stupid stuff and all it does is get in the way of actually getting anything done.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I let things/people bother me, get to me easy. And I can't let things go.

Otherwise I'm perfect. ;P
Old 01-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd like to be less 'meh' about everything. I know, 'meh' isn't really a personality trait, but I can't think of how else to describe it.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I was more outgoing in new situations. I'm not though and that makes it hard to make friends.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I wish my brain functioned at full capacity when I start early on projects instead of insisting I procrastinate until the last possible minute before it powers up all the engines.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh...I <3 all you sensitive chickies. I get that way in the winter, and it sucks. so. much.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

The longer I live the more I understand how much my perfectionism keeps me down. In a way it helps me because when I do things, I do them well and on time. But, I am too hard on myself. When I make mistakes I beat myself up about it . . . even for the simplest things (sounds like I'm not alone on this one). And, I tend to be critical of others because I hold myself (and consequently others) to a sometimes unreasonably high standard. I wish I could relax a bit about that kind of thing. And, there I go beating myself up about not being a perfect perfectionist. LOL.

I'm like Lynnette too . . . too shy when first meeting people. And, then once you get to know me, you can't get me to shut up.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

another sensitive one here. If someone if giving me constructive criticism I just break down and start bawling. Cant help it.

But the one thing about me that I would change is my laziness. My house is messy because Im too lazy to pick it up. I dont workout because I am too lazy to get off the computer and work out. etc....
Old 01-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh... mine would be that I get very defensive very easy... come from a bad childhood and lots of verbal abuse so I tend to immediately bristle up to protect myself. God bless my patient husband!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also am very shy when meeting people too which is so wierd because once I get to know someone then you can't get me to shut up either. LOL!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
The longer I live the more I understand how much my perfectionism keeps me down. In a way it helps me because when I do things, I do them well and on time. But, I am too hard on myself. When I make mistakes I beat myself up about it . . . even for the simplest things (sounds like I'm not alone on this one). And, I tend to be critical of others because I hold myself (and consequently others) to a sometimes unreasonably high standard. I wish I could relax a bit about that kind of thing. And, there I go beating myself up about not being a perfect perfectionist. LOL.

I'm like Lynnette too . . . too shy when first meeting people. And, then once you get to know me, you can't get me to shut up.
YES, exactly.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:40 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
YES, exactly.
Lynnette, will you be my friend?

Old 01-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh man I have a few I would love to change. The biggest one is I wish I could let stuff go! If it happened last year (or even last week) and it made me upset or really angered me then I tend to dwell on it and let it eat at me. I hate that.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
Lynnette, will you be my friend?
Absolutely!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

that's easy, I'd make myself less anxious and more relaxed.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
That I wasn't so sensitive... I cry at the drop of a hat when I hear or see kids or animals being hurt... I can't watch any movie that is one bit sad or sappy... Then move it over to my personal life... I'm too sensitive in what I think others think of me... and if I do something and am corrected (even if it's not a bad thing, just a suggestion), I will dwell on it for days... I feel like I've let people down... I hate that...
Goodness this is me too. My husband won't watch TV with me and yells at me when I read articles about children being hurt.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I was less impulsive, I don't think things through before I say or do something sometimes... tho, I love my spontaneity.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I would love to be less shy when I first meet people. I'm so envious of those people who can walk into a room and talk to everyone. No one who knows me would say I'm shy but I'm the worst when it comes to small talk and meeting people. I get so nervous and my mind goes blank or I say something stupid and it just makes me more nervous and ugh, blah, it's terrible. Doesn't help that the military is like one non-stop first time meet and greet.

And I'd love to be less of a perfectionist. I am so hard on myself about stupid stuff and all it does is get in the way of actually getting anything done.
Yes, both of these. I did a page about the perfectionism thing a while back:
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...erated&cat=500

Last edited by DawnMarch; 01-05-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I could say no a bit more often and put myself first more often

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sensitive at all. Sometimes I have a hard time being around people who ARE sensitive because I'm bound to hurt their feelings but I never have any idea what I've done because my feelings hardly ever get hurt. {sigh}

But what I would change about myself is that I'm so laid back that I'm pushin' lazy. Ok. Let's be honest. I'm lazy. I'm just not bothered by mess or pretty much anything, so I'm not motivated to do anything about it. I wish I was intrinsically motivated to get things done, to be better, but really, I just think things aren't so bad and eventually it will all work out, so I figure, Why do it now?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rebecca hit mine on the head. I am completely over sensitive. I cry all the time and it makes me so MAD. There are times when you just want to appear stronger than you are and crying sort of detracts from that if you know what I mean. Mix in a little paranoia with that oversensitivity and you have the basket case that is me most of the time. I read too much into peoples motives and will assume they are thinking the worst of me or dont' want to be around me, when there couldn't be anything farther from the truth. Gets me in trouble constantly and I hate it

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 01-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I'm not sensitive at all. Sometimes I have a hard time being around people who ARE sensitive because I'm bound to hurt their feelings but I never have any idea what I've done because my feelings hardly ever get hurt. {sigh}
totally this...even though I do put my friends and family first and am always thinking of doing things for them, I am just NOT the person to express my feelings and am one of those people that I don't relaly llike to be "touched"....

so if I could change something, it would be to be more loving and not so stand offish when it comes to the mush stuff....it's just not me....

Last edited by nun69; 01-05-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I wish I liked myself more.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberK View Post
I also am very shy when meeting people too which is so wierd because once I get to know someone then you can't get me to shut up either. LOL!
Yep, that's pretty much me too. I'd like to be less introverted, have a bit more self-esteem, and speak up for myself more than I do.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My big talk, but not as much follow through. I know what I am doing but I for reason don't assert the way I should. I think it stems from my need to have people like me.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I had that "awesome mom" thing going on. Like seriously.......just doing fun stuff with the kids and being creative with them. I tend to let tasks get in front of those times. *sigh*
Old 01-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Uuuuh yeah, I worry WAY too much. I FEAR a gadzillion things, many of which are illogical. I wish I could trust myself more

I'm in the process of paying back massive credit card debt and had sadly realized that crap, I can't be trusted with cc. So i'm cutting mine up once it's paid up.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
I wish I was less impulsive, I don't think things through before I say or do something sometimes... tho, I love my spontaneity.
I'm exactly the opposite and the trait that I would change would be to be more spontaneous!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wish that I had more confidence in myself and was able to take rather than give all the time. I'd love to be one of those people who had lots of friends and accepted everyone for what they were (or weren't) without having to psychoanalyze each interaction and how good of friends we really were. I'd love to be the life of the party.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am actually just like Kellie and Angie. I am not senstive and also not a touchy person. I try really hard to be more touchy feely, but I have to think about it. Like I have to decide in advance to hug someone and then will often not even follow through. I am just not touchy. Also I often too blunt. I figure its better to be honest, but I am sure sometimes my lack of sensitivity is too much for some people. I am ok with the blunt thing, but I do wish I could be more touchy/feely with others (cept my son, that kid gets loved on constantly. I figure one day he will wipe off my constant kisses and hugs so I might as well get them in while I can).
Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm too reserved with new people. I suck at small talk and think people will find me boring, so I don't say anything. When I was in school or work and spent a lot of time with the same people, there was enough time for me to get comfortable with people, get over it, and form friendships. But as a SAHM, there are no adults that I'm around consistently enough for that to happen. Even once you get to know me I'm fairly quiet, so the friends I do make tend to be outgoing, talkative people.

I also wish I had more patience with my kids. With most people and situations, I stay calm and am very patient. But with certain behaviors from my 2 older kids, it's the same thing over and over and over. After years of dealing with it, I have zero patience left and get too angry, too quickly.

Last edited by rach3975; 01-06-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I have a laundry list but the top three are that I wish I was less sensitive, that I wouldn't let things other people do/say bother me so much and that I was more organized.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett