Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy
Default what's on the agenda

it's monday. *barf*
what's on the agenda for this week?

the past 2 weeks here have been ridiculously hot and humid, we had a 'cold' snap on saturday night and of course, the girls start swim lessons today. LOL
other than that, we have a lot of the same ol', same ol'...i'm SORTA hoping we can get a zoo day in either tomorrow or wednesday so we can meet up with heather (hint hint heather) and maybe even kim!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The kids have camp every day ( the older two) and I work m,w,f. It was hotter than he'll this past week and we are just hoping for a break.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A few doctor appointments, kids have their parents meetings at school, I need to take my sisters birthday cards/present to her. Maybe back to the gym/swimming depending what the doctor says this week.

Move here for a while, it's been pretty cold and rainy for weeks now
Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I worked the first two weeks in June (I'm a teacher but worked 2 weeks of testing), then we went on vacation for two weeks. Got back a week ago and last week was about catching up on sleep and getting started on my album. This week is for doctor's appointments. I have a mammogram today. My youngest has a physical and immunizations on Wednesday (she's 12, so just boosters). I have a dentist appointment Thursday (for the 2nd part of my scaling and planing) and my son has a cleaning that same day. Friday my girls both have cleanings. Spending the weekend with my parents to see my niece in a community theater production.

Three weeks until I start back to work. Not sad about that at all.

Although I will be if I can't get this album finished before then...
Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

today kiddo starts his spanish camp in the morning for the week... 4 hours to myself, what will I ever do with myself?? *sigh* all this free time by myself and I will be cleaning the basement...
Old 07-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

This is a slow week for us! I'm excited! We just have a bunch of odds & ends this week- lunch with my fellow {and mostly former *sniff sniff*} 2nd grade teachers; checkup at the dr for Luke; Luke needs to do his 4H project this week; we need to take his bike/helmet in for inspection before Luke's try-athlon on Saturday; Luke has a Grandpa & Luke Day on Wednesday; I will probably go in to work at school some....
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll be spending my mornings at the hospital with Timothy, we have more training to do on medical equipment for when he comes home, and we have VBS in the evenings. It'll be a busy week here!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

back to work. blech. a later start due to schedule conflicts than the norm - so i won't get in as early as i would like, but....

then the next 2 weeks for every day - the little one has swim lessons. the big one has gymnastics until school starts. we are busy to say the least...
Old 07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am starting to prep for school this week... shopping for supplies, and setting up the new homeschooling "nook" by taking an un-used dresser to a thrift store and buying new shelves & desk from IKEA. We leave for vacation Aug 9th, so I have 1 month to finish all of my school prep & planning and it freaks me out.

As for the kids... We'll probably have a play date later in the week. I was thinking of taking them to the Zoo today but it is sooooo hot. Maybe we'll just go swimming instead? Our family was in town for the past 2 weeks and this is our first day without them here so I have piles of responsibilities I've neglected staring me in the face. I'm sitting here writing a big long to-do list so I don't forget anything!!!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

lots of nothing!!! The girls have "well checkups" on Wednesday that's the only thing we "have" to do!!! Other then that there will be lots of vegging, swimming and movie watching!! We are suppose to go out of town this weekend...but if it's suppose to be as hot as they are saying my fat but is gonna stay right here in the air and by the pool!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2 hour drive today to pick up Kayla from her friends, joy.

Tomorrow we are picking up a brand new kitten at the vet. We adopted him this weekend but he needs neutered so he will be ready tomorrow ... can NOT wait!

nothing else planned per say other than chores, cooking, finishing a quilt I am almost done with and some how finding my scrapping mojo as it appears to be gone right now lol.

Hopefully sometime this week, the beach
Old 07-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our hot spell finally broke yesterday and it's been a couple of perfect summer days.

Today is the end of my weekend (I have Sundays and Mondays off). Cheyanne is at math school this morning until 11 and then we're cleaning house. At 1 we're picking up 2 friends (sisters) and they are coming here until about 3 then their dad is taking all 3 girls until 6. I then take Cheyanne to her basketball school from 6-8 tonight. I only have to do drop off though as another friend is bringing her home.

Other than that I plan on parking my butt out on the deck with a book and reading in the sun
Old 07-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

zoo on Tuesday to meet up with Laura and the girls and anyone else that wants to join us

dentist on Wednesday morning and rehearsal in the evening

other than that, we're pretty open to spontaneous trips to the park or other places to enjoy this awesome weather
Old 07-09-2012, 08:35 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Gotta get my blood drawn today to check my thyroid levels, movie with the kids tomorrow, appointment with my endocrinologist on Wed, movie with DH on Thursday. Other that that, normal normal. I'm gonna need to hit the grocery store at some point . . . or we might just eat out of cans. Hmmm.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

My plan is to do nothing but the free movie this week. Normal chores but no extras. We were at the lake all weekend and I have a sunburn with peeling already starting. ugh.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 07-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today -
Well, I've been runnig reports for work all morning.
Got the girls off to day camp.
I have an 11:30 meeting with a doctor
Then I'll have lunch and run more reports
Drive 1.5 hours to my office and do some more work
Then I have 6pm meeting 20 min from my office
7:30 ish drive the 1 hour home
Then I'll start packing for vacation/cleaning the house/ night time routine, etc.

The rest of the week looks pretty much the same - running reports, meeting with doctors to discuss the reports, crossing my fingers we don't have any emergencies I need to fix, trying to get the ServPro guys back out to the house to fix the mold we found last week (grr!), and trying to get ready to go on vacation on Friday night. Usually I have at least one day where I can get the kids early or let them sleep late and we can do something fun. Not this week. At least I have good air conditioning in the car - I'm going to be in there a lot this week.

I envy those of you that have a more relaxed schedule.

Last edited by julifish; 07-09-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm at work all week long. Yuck. One of my best friends from high school just moved back to town and I'm going to go over and help her unpack and run this evening. We are going to be workout buddies. This is something I really, really need and I'm so excited to have her around.

Also- it rained last night and is supposed to again tonight. My farmer hunsband is oh so happy. We needed the mositure and the cooler temps are fabulous.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh...I don't even wanna think about how insane this week is gonna be! Tonight, Logan is swimming in the divisional championships with her swim team. She also has three gymnastics practices this week and Girl Scouts on Thursday. In addition, there's the end-of-season swim team party and awards ceremony on Friday which I got roped into coordinating.

On Saturday, the Junior Woman's Club I'm a member of is having their summer social at one of the member's lake houses, so we are going to try to make that, although it's going to be crazy schedule-wise because the very next day we're heading to the beach for a week. So, that means all the packing, laundry, house cleaning, etc. that comes along with any trip. Sooo...I have all that to do, and yet here I sit on the computer. Nice, right?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Dinner tonight to celebrate our anniversary
Tomorrow is a zoo day!! YAY!!!
and the rest of the week we are hanging around at home, doing nothing!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Work. It's my birthday and we're pretty well slow today, we always are on mondays so I'm just sitting around. I have a couple little projects to do and I need to get payroll ready for tomorrow but other than that.. a slow day. Maybe I should shop.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm going up to Chicago today with a gurlfriend to catch the BNL-Cracker-Blues Traveler show. I don't care abt any of those bands, but I am way excited to be out of town sans kid and sans husband and getting today off work!

DH + SS are going on a camping trip this weekend with DH's brother and his kids, so they'll be OOT Thursday night through sometime Sunday. I'm way excited to have the computer all to myself and be able to eat/make gluten-y meals for Monkey and me. I'm trying to talk one of my gurlfriends into coming down to hang out Saturday, but it looks unlikely.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

we are hopefully closing on a house tomorrow!! I am so excited It is just so nerve-wracking though, hoping that all the different agencies are getting done what they need to...it is down to the wire :/
Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Strange week here. My 6 year old has a full day evaluation today, so now that my part is done I'm in the waiting room. (Woo hoo-almost 3 hours to myself on the laptop!) My 8 year old is continuing with camp from 9-4. Ben and Lauren start month-long morning summer programs this week, one from 8-11 and the other from 9-12. So I suppose I have 9-11 to myself every morning, which is going to be a huge change from the first part of the summer. But although I'm looking forward to time to finally get things done, the drop off and pick up schedule plus Ben's need to nap make it almost impossible for us to do fun things like the pool this month. I'm wishing my oldest's activity was half day, too so that we'd have a few hours together to do something in the late afternoon instead of yet another car trip every day. (I guess this is a preview of the fall, when all 3 will be in different schools with different hours.)

Last edited by rach3975; 07-09-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it's going to be a good week here! Maybe some pool time, the movies, just hanging out. I'm starting to get new curriculum ready for kiddos, so that's fun! Two baseball tourneys for Ry starting this weekend and C has a couple of technique classes for dance. That's about it!

Oh...except I have to go to dentist for my annual cleaning and I'm TERRIFIED of the dentist. yikes. Almost forgot about that!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will be working Mon-Fri, like usual.
Kids are home today and tomorrow - and then they leave for a whole MONTH!!!! Des is taking them to the grandparents (his parents and my mom) on Wednesday - since they live 10 hours away, our parents swap out time with each other for the kids! I am sooooo looking forward to it! I may have to still work, but I don't have to rush home after work, I don't have to cook if I don't feel like it, I don't have to listen to whining/fighting/screaming, etc.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today- want to get some scrap time in. Need to convert some file from ACR to jpeg that I took of hte fireworks on Wednesday. Gonna go workout then Drew has cub scouts tonight.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am back to work after my mini vacation, which is a big stinky! I have the eye doctor on Tuesday and the Endo on Thursday to get the results of my yearly tests. Not looking forward to that at all, as it just frustrates me to keep hearing the same thing again and again. One night, I will be taking my mom out to dinner to give myself a break from cooking.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This week... hmm... today DD is gone (until this evening around dinner time) so its just the boy and I hanging out. We plan to hit the farm store and then Walmart. He got new glasses (fake but he doesn't seem to know that) at Claire's yesterday and wants a case for them. His sister is getting glasses (should be in any day now) and he was so jealous. Now he has his own and he can see so much better. LOL

It is a LOT cooler today (88 as opposed to 102) so I think I'm taking him to the pool

The rest of the week, no clue. I go day by day in the summer if I can.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

a few appointment for Hayden, a school program he has that will keep him busy for the rest of the summer might take him see a movie to see the new ice age movie on Friday an possible swimming if it get to hot. But other than that will be at home scrapping

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Last week I picked my son up from a week long Spanish camp on Tuesday evening and then packed him off to Europe early Friday morning for a 20 day people-to-people European Traditions trip with 34 kids he doesn't really know. (Mind you, the most he has been away from me previously was a little over a week's time at my brother's house, whom I trust explicitly). This weekend was a scorcher, most of which was spent doing laundry and cleaning up. This week will be spent keeping my mind off the fact that I will not see my son for the two and half weeks. Yuck! I have a CLE on Wednesday that is about two hours from my house, then I will probably spend the rest of the week doing a few things such as shopping and/or seeing a movie, in between Dad's bloodwork appointments and one of the cat's vet appointments.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Not much during the week. It's supposed to rain for the next couple days so we'll be inside instead of in the pool. I go to the gym M-W-F. Grocery shopping Monday. Thursday we might go for a hike & picnic lunch. Friday we go to the library. We're meeting up with friends one night during the week and having our annual cookout with camping party Saturday/Sunday so I have to do a bunch of food prep all week long