Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-10-2020, 04:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 01/10

Let's talk about scrapping....
  1. Do you use templates often?
  2. Have you ever been a traditional paper scrapper (non-digi)?
  3. Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor,etc?
  4. Do you use styles, shapes and/or brushes often?
  5. Is there a product you find yourself using over and over?
Old 01-10-2020, 04:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you use templates often?
Until this past year or so, I would have said not often but I have really come to enjoy using them, discovering the fun in starting with the template base and then making it "your own".

Have you ever been a traditional paper scrapper (non-digi)?
Yes, I was a paper scrapper for many yrs before starting digital scrapping. I created 12x12 LOs, a lot of small projects (mini albums, tags, cards, bookmarkers, etc) and taught classes at a couple of local scrapbook stores.I have done any hybrid projects for a few yrs but want to get back into it a bit. Some friends meet up and scrap at a local scrap store and I want to start joining in so will bring card supplies to work on.

Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor,etc?
All the time....I love the manipulate products to suit my LO, especially recoloring/resizing.

Do you use styles, shapes and/or brushes often?
On every page, I use shadow styles that I then tweak as needed, I love to use brushes to create overlays and masks. I love to combine brush strokes to create edging/borders and paint splats.

Is there a product you find yourself using over and over?

Flowers, greenery, thread, ribbon, buttons...all the time.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do you use templates often? Always. The fun part of scrapping for me is NOT the design of the layout. It's the puzzle work of matching papers & pictures.
Have you ever been a traditional paper scrapper (non-digi)? Yes, I started out in jr. high with a scrapbook my mom got me at Hallmark & then progressed to Creative Memories after I got married. I even did paper PL a few years ago, but digital is my favorite.
Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor,etc? I love the flexibility of digital products for resizing and recoloring!
Do you use styles, shapes and/or brushes often? No, never.
I use Zoe's old alphas a lot if I'm not using the alphas that come with the kit. I'll never get over Zoe.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, probably at least 75% of the time.

Yes- for many years until my daughter was born & it was too much mess!

Most of the time, as is, but every now & then I'll change stuff to meet my needs.

Styles on every single layout- and not just drop shadows. Distressing, embossing, paint/glitter styles etc.

Styles for sure!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Do you use templates often? YES! I'm so behind they really help me pull a page together quickly!
Have you ever been a traditional paper scrapper (non-digi)?Yes, but once I found digi, no going back! Paper was expensive!!
Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor,etc?I like to leave them as is. I'll definitely make them smaller but pretty much prefer to leave them the color they are.
Do you use styles, shapes and/or brushes often?Love glitters, but I tend to stick to what's in the kit.
Is there a product you find yourself using over and over?I'm going to be using the Alpha Collage Templates and Number Collage Templates a lot because they work well for birthdays!
Old 01-11-2020, 01:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes. I like combining templates to make something of my own or tweaking them to fit my style.

Not a very good one. Mostly just a supply collector.

Usually a lot of resizing; very rarely do I recolor, unless i just can't find something to match up. I do like mixing kits.

I have some go to styles that I use all the time; rarely brushes or shapes other than standard square/circle.

Is there a product you find yourself using over and over?[/B]
There are a few I tend to gravitate to more than others; a few templates and most kits by KCB.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Do you use templates often? 50-50.
Have you ever been a traditional paper scrapper (non-digi)? Nope.
Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor,etc? I very rarely recolor, but I resize plenty.
Do you use styles, shapes and/or brushes often? I use shapes more often than styles and brushes.
Is there a product you find yourself using over and over? Flowers, ribbons & greeneries.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do you use templates often? Even though I have collected templates over the past 10-12 years, I rarely used templates until about 4 months ago when I was a guest CT for a template designer. I hope I can use them at least 50% of the time.
Have you ever been a traditional paper scrapper (non-digi)? Yes. I was a traditional paper scrapper for about 7 years. I make cards, so I did not totally abandon paper -- and I need to use the paper supplies I collected!
Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor,etc? I resize all the time; I recolor maybe 25% of the time.
Do you use styles, shapes and/or brushes often? I don't use styles often, because I need to install more on my computer. When I use brushes, I often use them like .PNGs because I really don't know how to use them as .ABRs.
Is there a product you find yourself using over and over? Ribbons, buttons, flairs, strings, and brads (I've been known to extract them from flowers if they are not in the kit).

Last edited by lizziej; 01-11-2020 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Almost every layout! Templates are my scrap addiction and the one supply I'd say I collect.

No. When I first found scrapping a few months after my oldest (now 16) was born, I did my first paper layout with digital titlework and journaling. For layout #2 it was probably 75% digital with a few paper embellishments added. By LO #3 I realized I was a digital scrapper at heart and have been digi ever since.

I resize all the time. I sometimes recolor, selectively color, alter existing elements with styles, etc.

Rarely shapes and brushes, but I use styles on every layout. I love the look of alphas but hate using them, so my titles are often fonts with styles applied. I also made my own shadow actions and use them on every layout. Another that I use often turns paper strips into ribbons.

Mostly certain template sets and styles
Old 01-11-2020, 10:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you use templates often? Yes! I use them on most layouts these days. When templates were first introduced, I hated them. I felt like it was cheating to scrap with them. These days I don't have time to spend moving my photos 9834985 times just to trash the whole layout. Templates save me a lot of time and take the stress out of it!

Have you ever been a traditional paper scrapper (non-digi)? Yes! I created scrapbooks as a teenager before I had ever heard about scrapping. Then I started paper scrapping back in 1998. I was a paper scrapper until 2004 when I went totally digital.

Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor,etc? I definitely resize a LOT. I also recolor as needed. I have been known to change products a lot when I scrap. That is the beauty of digital!!

Do you use styles, shapes and/or brushes often? Not like I used to. When I refused to use templates I used these things way more often. Now that I use templates a lot I don't really need to.

Is there a product you find yourself using over and over? Besides templates? I use flowers a lot which is crazy because it took years before I felt comfortable scrapping with flowers. They used to be the most ignored part of my stash!
Old 01-12-2020, 02:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do you use templates often? Yes, pretty much always. Even if I know I'm going to make a lot of changes, I start with a template.
Have you ever been a traditional paper scrapper (non-digi)? Yes!! I did a lot of paper scrapping, but after moving tons of scrapbook supplies from Indiana to Italy to Indiana to Japan to England to Illinois to South Carolina, I finally gave most of them away & fully committed to digital....takes up so much less of our weight allowance!
Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor,etc? resize a lot but very very rarely recolor, etc.
Do you use styles, shapes and/or brushes often? Not often
Is there a product you find yourself using over and over? hmm, there are certain templates that I gravitate to & sometimes have to force myself to choose something else!
Old 01-12-2020, 02:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, about 95% or more of the time. Like Kellie, the fun part of scrapping for me is not the layout design part.
Yes, for about 2 years before I discovered digi scrapping. Since everything is imported to New Zealand, it was pretty expensive to paper scrap.
I nearly always resize to some degree. I generally use products "as is", but will occasionally recolour if necessary.
I really only use shadow styles.
Not really, but I will use flowers if the kit has them.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Not often, no. Mostly I use them with weekly type layouts.

no.

Resize, all of the time. Recolor, no, not really. I have a few times, but it is pretty rare.

Brushes, all of the time. Shapes and styles, no. I have my own shadow styles I have created, but I don't use any others.

I used to use Misty's rounded corner PL templates as if no others had ever existed. lol

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-12-2020, 05:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have been creatively "stagnant" for the last 12-18 months so I have used templates 95% of that time as I'm generally "rushing" or feel like I need/have to/should get a page done vs. taking my time and enjoying the process. I am going to work (or not work?) on that this year!

I created a handful (less than 10) paper pages in the last half of 2002 and found digital by way of Ali Edwards posting her digital AAM pages over at 2Peas in February 2003 (after Googling "how-to scrapbook pages" after being frustrated that my pages were so crude-looking). Coincidentally, the first major digital scrapping site, Scrapbook-Bytes, had just been founded in January 2003 & I quickly found my way to SBB & the rest is history.

Do you use products "as is" or do you resize, recolor, etc?
I don't play with elements ever aside from resizing. I can never get things to recolor and look right, KWIM? I do play with papers like overlaying one atop another for a background.

I use shadow styles & alpha brushes but that's about it.

I love the mixed media look & will generally spend at least half of my actual scrapping time adding paint, glitter, bead sprinkles, etc. to the background of every page I create. I have a folder of favorite things (mostly old, old, old things no longer sold and made by a designer long-retired and/or disappeared) that I use all the time: alphas, stitching, etc.