Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-31-2019, 05:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default January 2020: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Metamorphosis
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : Winter Wonderland
Use a sparkly, snow-filled kit to scrap an off-theme page that perfect for any season or everyday memory!

#3. Featured : Lorie & Bobbie
Our featured designer articles have been expanded since we started our alphabet inspired series, and are showcased on the blog each time a new designer goes into the spotlight. Your challenge is to use any solo product from one of our featured designers this month PLUS discover something from either Nat or Alice's interviews this month to use as inspiration for a layout, be sure to tell us what inspired you in your gallery comments!

The following are a few ideas on how you may glean inspiration from a FD interview... Using this interview with Meg [featured in December] ... You might be inspired by the red and white cookie jars in her kitchen to scrap a red & white layout. Maybe you'd like to include the quote she shared “The Best Thing About Memories Is Making Them” on your page, maybe you were inspired by the letter “G” to scrap your own OLW starting with the letter G... or perhaps you might simply want to lift one of the layouts created by the Babes to show off the FD freebie. It’s totally up to YOU to decide how you'd want to be loosely inspired by one of our FD blog posts.

#4. Inspired By : A fellow Sweet Shopper
Choose a fellow community member who inspires you and shine the spotlight on them with a scraplift and a shout out in your tracker thread!

#5. List : Counting down… 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Include a countdown on your next page.

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Love Your Selfie
Participate in Traci’s Love Your Selfie photo-a-day challenge and scrap at least 15 of the photos!

#8. Quote : Use the following quote on your page.
Dream. Plan. Do.
You can also creatively incorporate quotes into your page using journal cards or including the quote within your journaling.

#9. Seasonal : A.A. Milne’s Birthday
In honor of A.A. Milne’s Birthday on January 18th, use a quote from Winnie The Pooh on your next page.

#10. Typography : Hello 2020!
Search “hello” at dafont.com and use one of the fonts you find on your next page!

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Gallery Inspo Wall
Use this Wall Gallery Inspiration infographic as guide for the photo composition on your next page.

#13. Journal : 30 Writing Prompts
Choose ONE of the writing prompts from this 30 day writing challenge to use as the inspiration for your next page. Be sure to tell us which day you chose in your tracker post.

#14. Currently : Resolving to...

#15. Color : Scrap with this month’s color swatch.
It should be obvious that the page you've created was inspired by the colors featured in the swatch image posted below.
** You don’t necessarily have to use all of the colors shown [use 2, or 3, or all 5] **

#16. Pop Culture : Comics & Super Heroes
It seems like a new movie inspired by DC or Marvel is coming out every few months. Use this trend to inspire your next page be it comic inspired products, chat bubbles, storyboard design or bright primary colors!

#17. Details : Reinforcing the Focal Point
Create a page that brings your focal point to center stage, allowing the eye to radiate outward.

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim E. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by lingovise; 12-31-2019 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:51 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

It's been awhile since I've done a lot of scrapping and I'm trying to do more since it's the start of a new year. I just finished my first layout and I'm unsure how to add a link in the description to the product in the store. I've tried looking for something like this on the site but am unable to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

**Never mind, I got it figured out. Once I linked my layout to my spot for challenges, I saw how it was done.**

Last edited by rosepup77; 01-01-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Participate in Traci’s Love Your Selfie photo-a-day challenge and scrap at least 15 of the photos!

I'm hoping, but I don't think.....is 15 a typo? Perhaps it should say 1-5?

But do all the 15 photos have to be selfies? Or just general, fit the check mark for the prompt photos?
Old 01-02-2020, 02:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

But do all the 15 photos have to be selfies? Or just general, fit the check mark for the prompt photos?
I went into panic mode when I saw this one, lol. I am hoping it is 1-5, fingers crossed X
Old 01-02-2020, 06:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I've done photos for the last 2 days and so far, my "selfies" have only included my feet! Eventually I will get brave enough to include my face in one of them (I hope!).
Old 01-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I am going to check with Loni about the number.
As to what's on the photos, you can check how Traci does it on her IG at @tracimreed. For day #2, she only included her hands, so I think it doesn't have to be all about your face
Old 01-03-2020, 12:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's been forever since I've done a challenge or even scrapped; which means I also haven't purchased much recently. Is it okay to use products that are from current designers that are no longer available in store?
Old 01-03-2020, 12:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by apphotos View Post
It's been forever since I've done a challenge or even scrapped; which means I also haven't purchased much recently. Is it okay to use products that are from current designers that are no longer available in store?
I'm not admin, just a scrapper.
As long as the designer is current in the store, you can use their products.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:38 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by apphotos View Post
Yes, you can, as long as the designers are still in the shoppe, just like Wendy said.
Looking forward to see your pages soon!
Old 01-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

don't hate me...

It actually IS for 15 photos... BUT don't totally freak out

This is meant to be a challenge on more creative ways to document, through photography, what's currently taking in place in your life. The photos you capture/include can be anything that represents how each prompt is meaningful to you - offering a glimpse of your life through a different lens. Think about "selfies" in broader strokes... your photos do not need to be headshots! [Whew! am I right??!!] I honestly think there are so many delightful ways to creatively and thoughtfully spin how you might interpret each prompt.

Below I've included Traci's beautiful thoughts about her motivation and inspiration behind the challenge...

"I’m so, so excited to share with you a new project I’m embarking upon for the new year. One of the things I learned in 2019 is that truly, authentically, loving yourself just as you are takes PRACTICE. It’s an every day endeavor to practice self love and it’s something we women are taught to refrain from at a very young age.
⠀⠀
Selfies and self love are construed as vain and vapid and meanwhile we are avoiding the camera AND telling our stories.
⠀⠀
In 2020 I’m hoping to change that with a new kind of photo a day challenge that combines the “currently” vibe that we memory keepers love so much with a selfie a day challenge.

No, that doesn’t mean you have to front-face shoot a photo every day, it means capturing you in your every day, whether it’s your face or just your feet, and then captioning it with a story. A long story, a short story...it doesn’t matter, the point is to tell YOUR story.
⠀⠀
I purposefully didn’t number this list because I don’t want you searching for a photo to fulfill a prompt, but rather finding authentic stories that happen to match any of the prompts for the day."

If you take a look at all the wonderful images that have already been shared with the hashtag #everydayselfielove Traci's promoting for the challenge, I think you'll discover some really terrific images that will help to inspire you... promise!
Old 01-04-2020, 04:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
don't hate me...

It actually IS for 15 photos... BUT don't totally freak out

This is meant to be a challenge on more creative ways to document, through photography, what's currently taking in place in your life. The photos you capture/include can be anything that represents how each prompt is meaningful to you - offering a glimpse of your life through a different lens. Think about "selfies" in broader strokes... your photos do not need to be headshots! [Whew! am I right??!!] I honestly think there are so many delightful ways to creatively and thoughtfully spin how you might interpret each prompt.

Below I've included Traci's beautiful thoughts about her motivation and inspiration behind the challenge...

"I’m so, so excited to share with you a new project I’m embarking upon for the new year. One of the things I learned in 2019 is that truly, authentically, loving yourself just as you are takes PRACTICE. It’s an every day endeavor to practice self love and it’s something we women are taught to refrain from at a very young age.
⠀⠀
Selfies and self love are construed as vain and vapid and meanwhile we are avoiding the camera AND telling our stories.
⠀⠀
In 2020 I’m hoping to change that with a new kind of photo a day challenge that combines the “currently” vibe that we memory keepers love so much with a selfie a day challenge.

No, that doesn’t mean you have to front-face shoot a photo every day, it means capturing you in your every day, whether it’s your face or just your feet, and then captioning it with a story. A long story, a short story...it doesn’t matter, the point is to tell YOUR story.
⠀⠀
I purposefully didn’t number this list because I don’t want you searching for a photo to fulfill a prompt, but rather finding authentic stories that happen to match any of the prompts for the day."

If you take a look at all the wonderful images that have already been shared with the hashtag #everydayselfielove Traci's promoting for the challenge, I think you'll discover some really terrific images that will help to inspire you... promise!
So you don't REALLY have to be in said photo. I can handle that. I'm thinking 15 selfies is more than I've taken in the past 5 years and you want it done one layout!

I got you! I already was planning what I wanted my layout to look like with the photos, but I needed to make sure it wasn't a head selfie, etc.

Thanks for the quick answer. I do appreciate it. And no, I don't hate you!! How could I ever? You inspire me to create 15+ new layouts a month! And for that I'm grateful!
Old 01-05-2020, 02:52 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Thank you, Loni, for responding to the question!

Wendy, I am joining in that #everydayselfielove project too on my IG, it really takes practice, but I am trying to be more present in the photos, together with my family. I really do wish my son will look back at these photos and see that I was there too.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Who has done #7 already? I need to see some pages. I've only managed to take 4 photos... and I don't even know how I'm going to fit 15 on a layout and make it look good!
Old 01-14-2020, 04:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Who has done #7 already? I need to see some pages. I've only managed to take 4 photos... and I don't even know how I'm going to fit 15 on a layout and make it look good!
Find a grid style or multiphoto template to get you started. Take some fun selfies. Include the outtakes and blurry ones. Have fun with various filters like snapchat or whatever. Use photo props or grab a friend and do them together.

In both of these examples the use of several very small photos fits more on your page without making it too cluttered.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I haven't even tackled that one.....that one requires taking new photos with a dozen doctor appointments these days I'm finding no time for photos, much less for me to remember what the prompts are for me to take when I do remember them, because lets face it cell service on post stinks
Old 01-15-2020, 03:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I haven't even tackled that one.....that one requires taking new photos with a dozen doctor appointments these days I'm finding no time for photos, much less for me to remember what the prompts are for me to take when I do remember them, because lets face it cell service on post stinks
lol that's how I feel. I never remember the prompts.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:13 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I haven't gotten enough photos either, so that one is going to be a late one to be scrapped for me.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It doesn't actually say that the photos have to be on different days, does it? I was thinking of taking photos that most represent a typical day/week and use those. I might end up with more than one prompt from the same day, but I feel like that's okay too.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
It doesn't actually say that the photos have to be on different days, does it? I was thinking of taking photos that most represent a typical day/week and use those. I might end up with more than one prompt from the same day, but I feel like that's okay too.
I agree. I took several photos on one specific day.
Let’s hope it’s allowed!
Old 01-17-2020, 09:02 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Yes, that's okay, since Traci's list is actually not numbered.