Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs down UGH!!!!! Make them stop!!!

I've got 3 phone calls in the last 5 minutes on my CELL phone!! 2 were numbers I didn't recognize, so I did a reverse look up on white pages & they are both unpublished land lines. Then the 3rd one was unknown. Why the heck am I all of a sudden getting these calls? I am on the do not call list! I don't answer my cell if I don't know the number. And none of them left messages! Crap! It's ringing again...another unknown! This is really starting to tick me off!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We get bombarded with them here. Mostly on our home phone, but they get the cells too. So annoying!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's interesting is, I head that tele-marketers can now call cells, too. It has been illegal for a while, but now they're able to get cell numbers from lists they want to purchase. Nice, huh?!

I hate weird phone calls, I always get 'em too (all from a local doctors office) who call for a girl named Sarah- they still leave a message though my voice-mail message says, "hi this is RACHAEL!" Idiots! I've even answered before and told them they have the wrong number, they still call- why didn't they put a note in her file, saying, "get her REAL phone number!!!!" Poor Sarah, though, she's got some health issues from what they've said in the messages!!!!!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I hate that. My dh used to get these calls all the time where a lady would cancel her lunch plans with another lady. I swear people don't listen at all.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I got another unknown call! But, this time, he left a voice mail! The 3 unknown calls were my brother that lives in Mexico! LOL HAHAHAHAHA What was weird is when he calls, it usually shows up 0001234567 but this time it showed up unknown. So, yeah. But, I still want to know who the other 2 numbers were & how the heck they got my number. lol
Old 03-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by digideb View Post
Well, I got another unknown call! But, this time, he left a voice mail! The 3 unknown calls were my brother that lives in Mexico! LOL HAHAHAHAHA What was weird is when he calls, it usually shows up 0001234567 but this time it showed up unknown. So, yeah. But, I still want to know who the other 2 numbers were & how the heck they got my number. lol
LOL! Thats actually quite funny !

Huge fan of:

Old 03-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to Kim

UGHHH
I hate being solicited on my cell. I want to tell this people "DO YOU REALIZE I AM PAYING FOR THIS?!" I always tell them to take my name off the list and not to call back.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i used to get all these calls like that. they come and go and it angers me to no end!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had 4 no-answers yesterday. It was really starting to freak me out. People are so annoying!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I kept getting calls for somebody named Miguel -- guess they had a wrong number but they kept calling over and over and over. I rarely have my cell phone on, so it kept going to voicemail and I finally (after about 3 months of this) just had to call the guy back and say, "listen buddy, no Miguel here. Please stop calling me."
Old 03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nonnie917

When we get those calls my DH usually answers and he calmly tells them, "Do you realize that we are on the National Do Not Call List" and before he can say anything about reporting them they hang up. These people can be fined thousands for calling someone who is on that list. So next time answer it and give them that info and if they call again you will report them to the Feds. Our calls have cut down to where we only 1 or 2 a month now. Good luck!

Last edited by Nonnie917; 03-27-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We recently moved (like six months ago) and I'm getting all kinds of calls for someone else. I believe they are collection calls... some of them are Spanish only calls too... and they just hang up when I tell I don't speak Spanish. I got really annoyed last month when i was getting called every day by the same company for this person... and twice in one day. I ended up just asking to speak to a supervisor... and I got hung up on. Well, I called them back and gave them an ear full... told them that if I got one more call, I would contact the better business people and turn them in for their collection practices...and harassment! I haven't had a call since.