Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-30-2021, 05:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Wrist Discomfort

Does anyone else have wrist pain or discomfort from using their mouse? I didn't use to have this issue and funny thing is at work all day I have no pain or discomfort what so ever, but as soon as I grab my mouse at home the wrist pain starts and only gets worse the longer I'm on my PC.

Recently I've purchased a wrist brace, vertical mouse and mouse pad with wrist rest. I don't like the pad, it makes it worse. The brace and vertical mouse help a but not enough that I want to sit for any length of time at my PC and scrap or surf the web etc.

It's frustrating because I can't quite figure out why it does it at home and not at work. I'm at a loss.

Old 04-30-2021, 05:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, lately my wrist and elbow on my right hurt. Not fun and no solution to help. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what suggestions come. It's so weird, because I haven't had this pain before except lately. :/

Old 04-30-2021, 06:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
Yes, lately my wrist and elbow on my right hurt. Not fun and no solution to help. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what suggestions come. It's so weird, because I haven't had this pain before except lately. :/
UGH I hope we can both find some relief!

Old 04-30-2021, 06:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hope you're able to figure it out! What type of computer work do you do at work? Is it mostly typing at work vs mostly mousing at home? If the amount of mouse use is similar, do you have a differently shaped mouse at work? Different arm/wrist support from your chair? A higher or lower desk?

If you do have a repetitive motion injury, maybe it has to be rested and healed before any of the other possible solutions will help. Feel better!
Old 04-30-2021, 07:28 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I didn't have wrist issues when I worked but I had eye issues. 8 hours on the computer at work then another 3 to 4 hours at home had me at the eye doctor's a couple of times because of issues. Turns out I have chronic dry eye and the screen time was not helping me at all. I had to cut back on screen time at home because I couldn't do it at work.

Now that I'm retired, the issues only flair up when my allergies are in high gear (like now) because I'm not in front of the screen all day long.

Guess what I'm saying is that maybe by the time you get home and sit down at the computer, your wrist is trying to tell you it has had enough for the day. With the weekend ahead, see if you have the problem during the time at home. If so, then maybe look at the other options mentioned by rach3975.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you have wrist issues, Kiana. I would suggest all the things you have already done, so I'm no help at all, I'm afraid.
I hope the situation will get better soon, though.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:03 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I used to, it turned out to be a bad case of tennis elbow caused by using the mouse for so long. I turned to using a stylus instead and it has been a life saver. maybe think about that as an alternative to a mouse.

takes a little getting used to but once you have it, you will never look at a mouse again. hope you get some relief soon xx
Old 05-01-2021, 08:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks everyone. I've been thinking about the solutions Rach mentioned too. This all didn't start until I was working home from the pandemic and I'm wondering if I have an injury or something.
I do have a graphics tablet and may have to use the pen as my mouse for a while.

Thanks again

Old 05-01-2021, 08:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have more issues with my back and shoulders since I'm working from home as well. But not my wrist though.
I hope you don't have an injury.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:09 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Is the height of your chair and desk at home comparable to your setup at work? I'm sorry you are in so much pain and that the mouse pad made it worse

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2021, 03:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Mine used to be AWFUL. I have this one for anytime I use my mouse...
https://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Stabi.../dp/B00267SFN4

But I also had to get this one to wear to bed at night or I had a hard time sleeping...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had to use both braces for years, wrist pads always made things worse for me, I tried several kinds. I haven't used my night one in a year or so, so I must be slightly better or I learned to live with it better I have more issues with my neck & shoulders these days.

I also tried a keyboard tray for a while which helped but I always hit my knees on it, so with this new desk I left it off & just use a 3 ring binder on my lap with my mouse pad on top, lol...I don't even have to wear my mouse-brace most days doing that, except those days I sit here like 14+ hours...