Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default December Daily

For those of you who will be doing a december daily album...are you going with the simple approach? I just finished my 2009 album and I used Cindy's templates and I love it but man it took me 2 years to finish it I still have to work on 2010's album also...For this year's album I was thinking of going simple but I bought a bunch of Christmas kits and I want to use them Just curious what everyone else's plan of action is....
Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going pretty simple with mine this year... last year was a lot of work but I was hugely pregnant so I had more time to work on it LOL... this year, not so much time, but I'm planning on using several different kits throughout the album.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

totally simple again this year... I did it pretty elaborate in 2009 and it's still not done. lol! Then last year I used simple templates and minimal elements and actually completed it... I admire all my hybrid buds for doing it paper/digi... I couldn't do it... lol! I'm horrible getting photos printed...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm using Nettio's templates for my base pages and adding more on my own. I'm keeping it clean lined and not adding a lot to it.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is my first time doing DD, so I'm definitely aiming to keep things simple! I'll be using these templates from Traci, along with the coordinating slip-ins.

My plan is to mostly use Jenn and Krista's "Kitschy Christmas" kit and Jenn's add-on, but every now and again, I may opt to use a different kit. I'm just trying to go with the flow and make this project as fun and stress-free as possible.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
I'm using Nettio's templates for my base pages and adding more on my own. I'm keeping it clean lined and not adding a lot to it.
This, except I don't think I'll be adding any other pages of my own! I want to make it really easy, since this is my first year, and I looove this idea so I really want to finish it. I suppose, if I were out and found some non digi stuff to add in to it, I might, but don't have plans too. I also recopied every christmas kit I own into it's own folder with the templates I'm using, that way when I sit down to scrap (hopefully every night) everything I'll need is all there together and I won't have to hunt or miss a kit I really love! I already went through the templates and started decorating some pages, I'm so excited to do this!

I think I'll do each day it's own kit...
Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

i used one of Janet's last year and it was too simple for me, this year I'm using some Cindy templates but i have really pared them down!! I'm using the the first one in the top row of this set, but I deleted all the background papers except for one and I deleted a couple paper strips. The elements are pretty perfect...not to many and not to few!! Then I just duplicated it and rotated it horizontally so I can have a double pager!!

And then I'm also using this Cindy Template from the Memories Kit that was offered on Ali Edwards blog...I did the same as the one above deleted a few things and then duplicated and flipped it for a double pager....however this one has 4 (so 8 total) vertical photo slots and it drives me a little bonkers because I'm not use to taking vertical shots so I have to make sure I'm making a conscience effort to take vertical shots!!!

I haven't posted any with the top template yet but here is 2 pages with the bottom template I have completed!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fun and stress-free is my goal, too!

Still not done with my huge hybrid project from last year, so this year I decided to do it digital, but I chose a page format that I can print, and I might do that. Undecided yet, though, lol.

I created a foundation page for all my pages that I basically only need to duplicate, and then fill up with papers and elements, but I use three papers at the most, and try to limit the embellies to two clusters. Having a foundation page that works as my template is a huge help to speeding up the process. I'm doing photos on one side, together with Traci's slip-ins (love how that is turning out), and my journaling on the other page.

For the foundation page, I took Ali Edward's inspiration, and created an overlay with a date cluster in the corner. Prepared everything beforehand, so now I just need to choose the day of the week, month, and quickly edit the number for the day, and I can easily recolor everything to match my pages.

Lastly, I'm a sucker for Christmas kits, have a ton of them, and still have lots of them on my wishlist, and I'm planning to use them all. So, basically, I try to find a kit that will work with the colors and theme of my photos. (It'll be most likely that I'll use a different kit for each day.)

Started with my project last week already, so here are a few of my pages:

For all pages, here's the link in the December Daily Thread.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and I'll use a differnt kit every day....or atleast try...I have like 45 Christmas kits but if I have already used one and it fits another day I"ll use it again!!! I also pre scrap pages like I already have 5 double pagers scrapped just waiting to add photos too!!!

I won't always be ahead...I got behind last year but that's ok!!! I just made sure I journaled every night and I was able to finish up my book (of 50 scrapped pages plus a cover) by the end of January!!!

Elizabeth

Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I always think simpler is better for December Daily. It's a big enough project on it's own.

I've done mixed-size paper books the last two times and while I love the look, it was a LOT of work to put together. So this year I'm doing a 5x7 hybrid mini album using templates I designed myself. Plus I'm doing away with the daily-ness of December Daily and doing something a bit more me.

I shared my printed foundation pages on my blog today if you want to check them out: http://www.nettiodesigns.com/2011/11...ndation-pages/
Old 11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm planning to get started either, tonight, after I'm done editing portrait sessions, or tomorrow morning... planning...

I hope to do something fairly simple, I've seen several ideas that I want to incorporate. I think I'm going to get Nettio's template set & another set I came across on Pinterest. I'm thinking I will do 8x8 square album though. I started doing a 5x7 last year & 1/2 way though decided that it's too small for me.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm planning on using templates every day. That's what I need two years ago and I got it done by the first week of January. I have all my templates already organized by photo spots and my previews tagged if they are Christmas.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I use a tempalte a day and I am like Elizabeth where I have a bazillon Christmas kits so I always alternate them with each 2 page spread
Old 11-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going SUPER SIMPLE this year since I have yet to finish and print one of my December Daily albums. Focus will be on a simple design, all digital, and (hopefully) our elf will be arriving tomorrow so this year's album will be focusing on his adventures.

ETA: Sula, I love what you have done so far on your album. Beautiful!

Last edited by scrap2day; 11-30-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Ladies...I'm definitely going simple...I think I may use the freebie templates by Roadside Designs...I think some of you used them last year. I know on some days I will have a bunch of pictures to scrap so I have to figure out how to make it work...I like Elizabeth's idea of altering one of Cindy's templates so I'm going to have to go thru my Cindy stash and see what I come up with...
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here is the the other Cindy template I'm using..excuse the no shadows!!!

Elizabeth

Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I want to keep it simple or at least simpler. I'm using a combination of temps from Kay Miller's 25 days of Christmas and Cindy's Super 7's
Old 11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm going with simple & lots of open space. Nearly every page will be a solid white background, some will probably end up being solid colors. Everything clustered in the center, a couple of photos, very few embellishments, just a few papers. I've been going through my templates sorting out what fits, & what can be adapted by taking stuff away or shrinking it down. I think I have about 40 or so to choose from now
Old 11-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I want to have some crafty time this December and enjoy that side of the season. So I'll mix it up. Some pages will be simple, others I will try out new paper techniques on when I feel like it.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

I'm keeping mine simple too. I took Ali's approach and keeping it with my project life stuff hoping since I kept up with the 8 weeks I'll keep up another month with it still all together. I also did the prep work ahead of time like she mentioned, made it so much easier. All I have to do is journal and insert photos and memorabilia.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have like 1/3 of my pages set up and ready to go... but I just don't see having time to make a new page every day, or even having the energy to try and keep up with CT work and the kids. I'm thinking I might cheat, go buy some super simple templates, and just go that way.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 12-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm using Lynette's templates and the retired? Fra-Gee-Lay (Libby P. plus Tracy Howard goodness). I have all of the foundation and accent pages totally designed, plus all of the journal pages designed (just need the journaling!)

I'm doing mine pretty much all digi, so at the end, I'll just print my pages and go.

New Siggy Coming Soon