Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default HELP.....What kind of car do you drive?

My car was stolen and I now have to buy a new car I have no idea what kind of car I want...I do know that cars are expensive...I am amazed at the prices...I have not bought a car since 1997 (gasp) and I didn't plan to buy one either because my car was perfectly fine...well kinda sorta...it drove fine there may have been a few issues here and there My son would tell you otherwise...

So what kind of car do you drive and what do you like/dislike about it?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had to buy a new car this summer, which really bummed me out since I had been payment free for 5 or 6 years, but my old SUV just was in need of replacing, not to mention that it only got 14 mpg

I decided to downsize and get something more economical and more environmentally responsible (i.e. uses less gas, better emissions, etc.) After doing a lot of looking and reading, etc. I finally decided on a Hyundai Elantra - their mid-size sedan. I get 34 mpg AROUND TOWN and I'm saving so much money in gas it practically makes me giddy - LOL. (I do a LOT of running all over the state for Cheyanne's basketball games/soccer games/softball games). It sucks to have a car payment again, but I really do love my new car
Old 10-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry about your car! My DH gave me a 2011 Toyota 4Runner last summer for my 40th birthday. I love it, but it IS a gas guzzler (average 18 mi on the highway/14 in town)!

Do you have kids? Are you against minivans? lol Before my 4Runner, I had a Honda Odyssey and loved it (although my teen dd let me know every day how uncool it was).. I miss the automatic sliding doors and the ROOM!

ETA: our oldest dd just got her first car -- a Hyundai Accent. CUTE car and GREAT gas mileage (average 40 mi on the highway/30 in town)!

SAHM to three girls (17,12,8) and two (very) spoiled mutts!

5 year breast cancer survivor

Words With Friends user ID: kpnv70

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Scrapper007/

Last edited by Scrapper007; 10-13-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Ford Focus, and I love it. It's good size, and my year gets 31+ MPG. The newer ones get even better gas mileage!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a 2003 Honda Civic. LOVE it, except there is no cruise control. Besides it being 8 years old and I wouldn't mind the more modern look, it runs awesome. Wouldn't trade our Honda for anything!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

We had a Nissan Versa and adored it. It saved our life in a wreck we had a few years ago, and ended up buying a new one because of it. I'd like a Rogue because it has a wee bit more room, but we're really happy at how comfortable all 4 of us are in the Versa!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a 2006 Lexus 330... it has it's quirks (which have been fixed in newer models), but I really adore this car... I got it for safety and front wheel drive to be able to take on the snowy roads. I get about 34 miles per gallon... however, my hubby says I drive like grandma... lol!!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a Honda girl. They last forever, great gas mileage and such great cars. I have had an Accord and an Odyssey (mini van). Currently driving the van that I have had since 2005. I loved them both. If I ever had to get another new car it would be a Honda, hands down. They are safe, long lasting and the customer service at Honda dealerships is AMAZING. Seriously.....getting an oil change is so much fun for me. No joke.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I bought a Toyota Rav4 last year and couldn't be happier! (this is a stock photo though, mine is celery green and adorable)

Anyway, Rosita, as she is named, has been perfect. Her maintenance light even comes on when I've waited too long between oil changes. Toyotas have really low maintenance costs so I wasn't going with any other brand. James has an '06 Pontiac G6 that is a gas guzzler but it's been paid off for a year so we can't complain. Its repair costs have been minimal but it's also newish.

We did a LOT of research before making such a large purchase and found that the Rav4 was at the top of the Consumer Reports lists for cars in its class. It was #2 in fuel economy. It was #2 in best value. Best value was the one I really wanted to follow the guidance on. The reason we went with it instead of the number 1 choices in those categories is because for one, the #1 choice wasn't the same car in each category and two, I wanted a Toyota.

I have been really pleased with how much space we have, how easy it is to get in and out (now I don't like getting in James' car so low to the ground), some of the little features like the drink holder between the kids' seats that folds up into being an extra seat, etc. I really love EVERYTHING about it. Oh, except for riding in it. I drive. I'm fine. But as a passenger I get nauseated. That's the case no matter what car I'm in but it seems worse in Rosita. So I'm just never a passenger and I'm fine
Old 10-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a 2011 Honda Odyssey and I absolutely love it. I honestly don't know how I ever managed without it lol. Seriously. LOVE it.

We also have a 2001 Ford Escape (small SUV) that I drove before the Odyssey. It's been a GREAT vehicle. We bought it new and have only had to have it on the shop once (other than routine service) in 10 years. DH drives it to work everyday b/c it's better on gas than his pickup truck was.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Mercury Mountaineer. Wish I could pay someone to steal it,lol. It's not bad, I do like it, I just was forced to make a car choice in less than a day and she and I have not bonded fully yet, lol. If I had my druthers it'd be a Rav4 or an Odyssey

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I don't have a Honda, but that is all my inlaws have ever had and they can't say enough about them! One of my best friend's has a Honday Pilot and absolutely LOVES it. I have a Kia Minivan and really do loveit...it will be paid off in less than a year!!!!!!!!! but we will have to buy something small and economical since DH drives about 60-70 miles a day....so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread
Old 10-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

If I ever get to buy a new car, it'll be a Toyota, hands down. They last forever (with good preventative maintenance) and hold their value. My mom has a 2009 Corolla that I just love so much!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are a HUGE Toyota family. I drive a Sequoia because we need the room with a family of 6. My brother bought the same exact model, in the same color, and we weren't even speaking to each other at the time. LOL And then my oldest brother and sister (who are twins) both bought Rav4s, same year/model/color without knowing about each other's purchase. My other sister drives a Sienna van.

I've been driving Toyotas since high school and have had a Carina (they only made it one year), Corona, Corolla, and 4Runner before the Sequoia.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I drive an 08 Honda Odyssey. I love it. It has been so convenient for us and our 3 kiddos. Plus, I love the DVD player and the backup camera that pops up in the rearview mirror when I reverse. The only cons would be that it's a little small for my 6'5" husband. He fits okay, just not super comfortably (why our next vehicle will be a larger SUV). Oh, and my cigarette lighter/charger thingy broke, but that's probably not a widespread issue. Also, I wish we had spent just a tiny bit more $$ and gotten the auto opening feature for the back door (the hatch or whatever). It would just be helpful with groceries and stuff.

So sorry that your car was stolen!

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 10-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I drive a 2006 Dodge Stratus. It's not perfect but it's paid for and that's what I love most about it.

Hubby drives a 2008 Toyota Tundra (He works at the Toyota plant here in SA, TX where they build them). It is a gas hog but it is an amazing vehicle. Never any problems and working for Toyota, he really knows the quality standard that Toyota strives for. Toyota makes awesome vehicles. We never would have bought it due to the price but, he got a good discount. I used to drive a Toyota Sienna (minivan) and adored it but, we had to sell it to eliminate a car payment when I started staying home.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 10-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

2006 Grand Caravan. Love it! The space is so wonderful & the one we found (used) came with a built in DVD player with 6 disc changer, which is something we never would have chosen on our own, but for the 3 times a year we travel more than 2 hours away, that thing is the bomb. So far it's been decent on maintenance & gets 21MPG which is what my previous car, a PT Cruiser, was getting. We may go for a Toyota in 5 years which is the earliest we'll consider replacing this one, barring any major repair issues.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a 2002 Kia Sportage. I got it when I was 16, back in 2006.

It has been the perfect car for me. It's cute, it's a little sporty, and it is pretty spacious, which was great when I would help transport people to games in college, because I could fit 4 other people in my car (aside from me), and now, that's great because I fit a car seat in there.

I have to have a car that sits up a little bit, because of my knees, which is why a small SUV like the older Sportages is a great option. My car is pretty low-maintenance, and gets decent gas mileage, too.

The only real problem with it is that one time my break pads deteriorated. It was a recall, and apparently the dealership sent it to the first owner of the car, not me, because of a system mixup? It was scary, but the way it happened, things were okay. Other than that, I've had no issues with my car aside from things that were either my fault (not changing the oil frequently enough, etc) or not actual carelated issues (tires, etc).

It's the perfect car for me, and I'll be sad if/when I ever have to get rid of it.

Mine has no perks like DVD players or built-in GPS, but it is a great car, and I don't mind not having those features at this point in time.

ETA:

I've had a 1987 Honda Accord in the past, and it was still awesome. Those things run forever (well, until you sell it to your irresponsible 16 year old friend who wrecks it four times in the span of 2 months, does serious damage to it, and then it overheats). I have known a lot of people who had great experiences with Hondas, too. I've never heard anything really bad about them.

I also have a re-worked 1990 Mazda B2200, which was my first vehicle. It's still in the family, still in great condition, but it's probably not what you're looking for

My parents have a Buick Rendevous, which I'm seriously not a fan of... it's big, bulky, has sticky-outy mirrors, and has no features at all. It's just boxy and big and... no. Lol.

They also have a Chrysler Town and Country, which is awesome. It has the works- built in DVD and GPS, etc. It's a really good car, but it's had several recalls over minor things (power seat issues, mirror issues, etc), so it makes me nervous about the workmanship. It's like in the past 3 years we've had 6 or 7 recall issues we've had to take it in for. That seems like a lot to me, but I've only had the Kia, which I've only taken in for recall work that one time.

New Siggy Coming Soon

Last edited by Jengerbread88; 10-13-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2010 Town & Country. It's very fancy and I do love it, but it's my 4th Town & Country (I lease) so I'm BEYOND ready for a change.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i have a 2011 chevy traverse.
i <3 her.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I forgot to say that I'm sorry your car got stolen! That stinks!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 10-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I have a 2006 Dodge Durango and I love her. When we bought it, I hated it.. but it wasn't my choice at the time so it took a while for me to love the car. Now.. I love it.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Another vote for Honda, my Odyssey is a 2005 and the only service I've ever had done was new tires and oil changes. Well, it did need to be repaired when my son drove it into the garage wall.. but not the car's fault! I'd love to get a smaller, jazzier car now that I don't tote kids around anymore, but she's paid for and runs great so I guess we'll keep her til the last son gets moved to college. My DH got a 2012 Focus and he is in love (esp w the 40 mpg)
Old 10-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I knew about your car from when you posted but sorry to hear you are forced to get a new one now

DH drives a 2010 Traverse and I got a Toyota Sienna a few months ago. Traded in my 6yr old (paid off) Tahoe that I now wish I had kept for my oldest to drive next year. We are looking at getting her a Honda civic (08 or newer) to drive

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I had to buy a new car this summer, which really bummed me out since I had been payment free for 5 or 6 years, but my old SUV just was in need of replacing, not to mention that it only got 14 mpg

I decided to downsize and get something more economical and more environmentally responsible (i.e. uses less gas, better emissions, etc.) After doing a lot of looking and reading, etc. I finally decided on a Hyundai Elantra - their mid-size sedan. I get 34 mpg AROUND TOWN and I'm saving so much money in gas it practically makes me giddy - LOL. (I do a LOT of running all over the state for Cheyanne's basketball games/soccer games/softball games). It sucks to have a car payment again, but I really do love my new car
i have a hyundai elantra (2005) and my mom has one as well (2011). love them. it gets AMAZING gas mileage. mom's is new, so hers gets better. but mine? just hit 100k miles yesterday. and it still runs awesome. dented and worn in, but runs fine. it's made at least three trips back and forth from home to school (1000+ miles each trip, since it's over 500 miles each way). and this past one? i almost made it the entire trip on one tank of gas.

if you need something bigger? she had a hyundai tuscon, which is an SUV. and it was also really great. but then dad got a new ford SUV, and they didn't need two SUV's. so she traded that for the new elantra.

we're hyundai fans in my house..

Old 10-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We're Hyundai fans here too. We have a Hyundai Elantra which Adam uses to commute to work since it gets such good gas mileage. It's our 3rd Hyundai and we've never had any problems with them, including our rusted 80's Hyundai jalopy we drove the year we lived in Korea.

We also have a Nissan Murano which we LOVE. The gas mileage isn't super great (around 20mpg) but we mostly drive it on weekends or for trips so it's a perfectly-sized SUV for us and our needs. Plus it was awesome in the snow in Colorado.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
i have a 2011 chevy traverse.
i <3 her.
I've been looking at a Traverse and an Equinox...I'm glad you said you liked yours because I was on one of the forums and people were complaining big time about repairs on them...
Old 10-13-2011, 04:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I have a 2006 Lexus 330... it has it's quirks (which have been fixed in newer models), but I really adore this car... I got it for safety and front wheel drive to be able to take on the snowy roads. I get about 34 miles per gallon... however, my hubby says I drive like grandma... lol!!
Do you have the hybrid version? I have the regular version of the Lexus RX330 (which I totally adore). I only average around 20 MPG, but I also have an AWD (which would have slightly lower gas efficiency -- but probably not a 14 MPG difference).
Old 10-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

First, that totally stinks that someone took your car!!! How pathetic are people?! I've had multiple cars broken into and that was bad enough!

Second, I drive a 2006 PT Cruiser and it's not a bad car. I currently have no a/c but other than that it's decent. That car was not my first choice but I had a repo in 2001 and was driving my stepfather's truck when the transmission went. Since it wasn't worth the money to fix the transmission I opted to get a new (used actually) car. Since I commute to work I needed something that was decent on gas and that I could get approved credit-wise.

I think my next car will be a Honda...leaning toward the CRV. Not totally sold yet but getting there. LOL

Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

FORD EDGE, baby! I love it. Just got it three months ago.

It has every.single.feature. you could want in a car. All kinds of collision detect stuff (front and rear), cruise control that adjusts its own speed to the car in front of you, blind spot detection on the side mirrors...it's crazy.

it's a perfect mid-size suv (very large car?) that is perfect for our family.

I bought American on purpose - wanted to show support for an American car company that is working to redefine itself. I am so impressed with the Edge. It rocks!

I even scrapped about it (not SSD, sorry about that)...

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sorry about your car being stolen

I think I'm the oddball. I drive a 2001 Ford F-150 supercab truck. It's a stick shift (what's that? I know ) with actually roll down windows (no power windows or locks) but I love her! Yes, her! lol She's my Hello Kitty truck. If I was that brave, she would have a hello kitty design but for now, it's hello kitty accessories.

I grew up driving ford trucks. Love them. I just can't drive a minivan or car so sorry to those of you that love them. I would love a double cab truck someday but for now, love my truck and most of all, its all paid.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I drive a 2007 Mazda CX-7 that I absolutely adore. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat if anything ever happened to this one.

Also, I bought it used from CarMax, and I can tell you without a doubt that it was the BEST car-buying experience I've ever had. They have no-haggle pricing, so the sticker price is what you pay. They don't try to add in a bunch of numbers that dont' make sense or trick you with the whole "what can you afford for a monthly payment" thing. It was just a really incredible experience, and if I have to buy another car, I will definitely go back there. Oh, and although they are used cars, they are very high-quality. They don't take just any used car... you can trust that if you buy a car there, it'll be a good one.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

This is good to know, Libby, thanks for that info! I really didn't like my carbuying experience this time (or ever). I worked in a car dealership for a year as a finance assistant so I know how crooked they are, too. Even the good ones.

This time we went to the Toyota place here in town because we thought I was going to get a brand new car. Once there we ended up buying a mostly new one but used nonetheless LOL. It had 17K miles on it I think. We decided to go used because they were offering 2% financing on used and we couldn't beat that rate, they could only get to like 4 or 6 on new ones.

However, since we went used anyway we could have probably gone to Carmax and had a much better experience.

I hated the haggling/monthly pmt talk etc. I told them what I would pay, they kept coming back higher. I kept refusing. So finally they came back with a lower payment...for SIX years! I was like NO WAY!

In the end I got my way. Pmt higher by $5 than the price I set, but they threw in an extended warranty that changed my 100K powertrain warranty to a 100K bumper to bumper warranty meaning I'll only have to pay for tires and brakes up to 100K. That being said, it being a Toyota I'll probably not have to fix anything before 100K miles LOL. They wanted to charge like 1,200 for the warranty and in the end had to lower the price of the warranty to $300 in order to get my pmt right. They were awful though. Ugh.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry about your car & being forced into getting a new one.

"MY" car is a 2001 Expedition, it's older and big.. I love it. We'll be trading it off for a Dodge Ram (full size) in the spring. I've never been a 'car' girl & up until recently just basically let DH do the dealing (and he just realized that I'm smart & he should listen to me more often).

DH drives the "Hot Rod" (aka: ford Focus), he goes 135 miles round trip to work/day & is getting over 35MPG with it. He likes it. I hate it (we have 3 kids, it's small, cramped & I feel like a sardine).
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have an 07 Toyota Camry. What I love about it is that Toyota really hold their value. So while I am making payments on this car, I know my car will still be worth something when I sell it. Plus, they run forever when compared to most American cars. It did cost me more than a comparible American car, but its a much better investment for my money. Its comfy and gets great gas mileage, too. Bigger than I thought it would be.

Last edited by lovely1m; 10-13-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 2007 Dodge Charger and it is almost paid off. That's what I love best. It doesn't get great mileage but it is not horrible and DH wanted the car but I bought it first. It fits my family comfortable and it is a very safe car. It is the car used for police cars and it requires no body modification to be police ready.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I drive a 2009 Toyota Corolla...I love it. I had another corolla that was totalled in an accident. I had had it for almost 6 years when the accident happened and still got almost 15,000 dollars from the insurance company for it (so they do hold value really well). Great gas mileage as well, and very little maintenance on either one I have had.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaja77 View Post
Sorry about your car being stolen

I think I'm the oddball. I drive a 2001 Ford F-150 supercab truck. It's a stick shift (what's that? I know ) with actually roll down windows (no power windows or locks) but I love her! Yes, her! lol She's my Hello Kitty truck. If I was that brave, she would have a hello kitty design but for now, it's hello kitty accessories.

I grew up driving ford trucks. Love them. I just can't drive a minivan or car so sorry to those of you that love them. I would love a double cab truck someday but for now, love my truck and most of all, its all paid.
Yes, someone else drives a pick up! I have a 2009 F-150 extended cab. It has all the bells and whistles like a back up camera and leather seats. I live in the country, am married to a farmer, and am always driving down a dirt road. I need something big that can get me where I need to go- like 4 wheel drive. Oh and I even have a grill guard. My husband doesn't want me to ever drive a car, because he's afraid I would hit a cow and like die. Plus, I just love my pick up.

And it gets 22 mpg on the highway... which isn't terrible considering it's size.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Acura RDX with the tech package, it will talk to you, and it has voice command that contols the AC, radio and navigation.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

we've NEVER had a problem with repairs. i've had it for over a year now and haven't ever had a problem. we take her to the dealer for oil changes and i haven't had one complaint thus far.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

ok first...don't laugh!!!

I have always wanted a VW bug...about 5 or 6 years ago I got my wish and bought my first one (it was used) and loved it so much that now I am on my 2nd one... I even did a scrapbook layout about getting my dream car!! haha

Last edited by crazyt; 10-13-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

I drive a jeep Cherokee, and I LOVE IT! It was a wedding gift back in 08 and we've only had no major issues and its a 2001. few little things like the battery but nothing else. It safe and drives well in bad weather. The awkward weather of Missouri. We ran into a guy who said how much he loves cars like ours and promised us ours would make it to 350,000 miles as long as we took care of it.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry your car was stolen! I drive a 2006 Honda Odyssey and DH has a 2003 Honda Civic. We've been very happy with both.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by suze View Post
I drive a jeep Cherokee, and I LOVE IT! It was a wedding gift back in 08 and we've only had no major issues and its a 2001. few little things like the battery but nothing else. It safe and drives well in bad weather. The awkward weather of Missouri. We ran into a guy who said how much he loves cars like ours and promised us ours would make it to 350,000 miles as long as we took care of it.
I drove a Jeep Cherokee for 7 years..until I got the Tahoe (needed a 3rd row) I loved it!! Got a decent trade in for it too so that was nice. I'd totally recommend one

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Smile

I remember when you posted that your car had been stolen. So, they never recovered it? I'm so sorry that happened to you!

We love Honda cars! I'm on my second Pilot and we've had 7 Accords in our 18.5 yrs of marriage. Right now we just have one Honda, our Pilot and my hubby has a Nissan Maxima that he ::loves:: - I'm jealous of his ipod jack he can plug his iphone in and jam to good tunes, lol!

I hope you get something you love! Good luck!

Public Relations for www.digitalscrapper.com
(Photoshop & PSE digital scrapbook training)
Old 10-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
2010 Town & Country. It's very fancy and I do love it, but it's my 4th Town & Country (I lease) so I'm BEYOND ready for a change.
I've owned two Town and Country's. They are nice...luxurious, but have a lot of problems and don't hold value worth beans!

I'm done with mini vans, so I drive an '08 Infinity G35. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my car, but everything with it is expensive. It drives great, has get up and go (it's a 6 cyl) and I honestly say every day how much I love my car.

One of my boys has a Honda Accord. Fabulous car! Two others have Chevy's (a Cobalt and a Cruz). Both are ok. They won't hold their value. We wanted a Hyuandai Elantra for one of them, but they are so popular we couldn't find one when we were ready to buy. My oldest has a 2000 Toyota Tacoma and recently bought a Nissan Versa for better gas mileage. He doesn't drive his truck much. He loves his Nissan though. My dh has a 2006 Toyota 4-Runner. He LOVES his too! It is nice to drive but again, not great on gas.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I drive a Toyota Rav4...we love it!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a 2010 Mini Cooper which I love more than my children (oops, did I say that out loud?). Really, it is the most fun I have ever had driving a car and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I wouldn't recommend it if you have small kids who would have to climb in and out of the back seat, but it's perfect for me to commute to work in -- and probably gets about 37 mpg.

We also have a 2007 Kia Sedona minivan. It's good for hauling the kids around but it's had a lot of glitchy electrical problems that have cost several thousand dollars to fix over time so I'm not sure I'd buy another Kia.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I drive a Honda Pilot which is awesome for toting the kids and their friends or our family plus stuff. However, I drive a lot now for work and really wish I would have chosen a more fuel efficent car!

My husband has a Hyundai Sonata and loves it.

You are going to have to go try out a few and just see what you like to drive and what feels good for you.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry about the theft.

When my husband's car was in an accident and it was "totalled" back in 2003, we ended up getting a Hyundai Elantra. My husband loves it and it is very economical. He still has it. But I find it somewhat cramped. When I had to finally retire my 1996 Saturn (which I loved, but they changed the Saturns by 2006), we went back to Hyundai and got the Sonata. I love the car and it gets good gas mileage. We've not had any issues with either car other than the service personnel at one of the service facilities (the other one was fine).

I hope you get what you want/need and you can get back to "normal" life.....

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at: