Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Aug 4-5, 2012 Evanston IL Maker Faire

If anyone is in the area and wants to see some fun things ... come out to the Evanston IL Maker Faire this weekend ...

http://www.makerfaireevanston.com/

I will be there with my boys and the hackerspace we belong to ... racing modified power wheels vehicles!!! If you come ... please please vote for our vehicle on the moxie board ... we really need the points! It's car #911 Duct Tape & Zip Ties. We took a kid's plastic power wheels vehicle that goes 2-3 MPH and modified/hacked it and now it runs 15-20 MPH and it's crazy fun with nerf guns and everything.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Duct-...19722918068550

The maker faire will have robots, power wheels racing, 3D printing I would imagine and all kinds of geeky fun! Check out their web page for more information.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We went to the Detroit Maker Faire this past weekend. There was tons of stuff there for kids to do. Your booth sounds fun! Good luck!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgoddess View Post
We went to the Detroit Maker Faire this past weekend. There was tons of stuff there for kids to do. Your booth sounds fun! Good luck!
I wish I had thought to post before the Detroit Maker Faire ... you could have stopped by and saw our car up close ... and meet ... that would have been fun. These Maker Faires are so much fun. I wish I could go to the New York one but that would be a LOT of money to attend ... and they aren't doing the power wheels racing there (yet) ...

The Evanston Mini Maker Faire this weekend is changing our racing a bit ... they are open on Saturday from I believe 6pm until 10pm (so cooler time) ... so we will be doing our first night race! We have to get headlights and tail lights put on the vehicle tonight. I opted for a battery operated OTT LIGHT for our headlights!! LOL They are also open all day Sunday so it will be a lot warmer that day ... actually hoping we will get the beautiful weather that we had for the Detroit Maker Faire!!