Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default patio furniture

i started looking for patio furniture yesterday. i'm looking for a couch/loveseat, two chairs, and a table and cushions. we have a pretty basic table and chairs set - it doesn't have cushions. it's metal and glass. we've never had anything but adirondack chairs out there. what should i be looking for in cushions? how do you store yours? i'm noticing a lot of plastic wicker accents on the furniture. does anyone have this? how does it hold up?

and another deck question. can you do a chiminea on a composite deck? anyone know?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Last year I bought patio furniture on sale - it was such a good price that I didn't pay close attention to the details. The cushions are a pretty light color and difficult to spot clean. After leaving them out in the rain once I realized that the covers are not removable. So, I would suggest removable, preferably washable, cushion covers made from indoor/outdoor fabric. Of course if your patio is covered you can probably get anything you want.

We have a room under the house where we store the cushions during winter in big plastic bags and just leave the furniture out. Can't help with the deck question. Hope you find something great!