Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-15-2018, 12:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default What did you do for valentines day?

It's so quiet today! My kids were at school all day and my husband is out of town, so I procrastinated cleaning, scrapped a page or two, and avoided the candy in the house at all costs.

After picking my kids up from school, I took them to the local library because my kids had all entered into a conversation hearts guessing game and Marcus won! the number of hearts was 550 so now we have a heart container full of 550 conversation hearts, lol

Old 02-15-2018, 01:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't traditionally celebrate this but it's so popular that shops and stores are bursting with heart-shaped chocolates and heart-shaped stuffed toys, red flowers, etc. Restaurants also have Valentine's lunch or dinner proposals.
So, those people who decide to celebrate, usually give each other sentimental gifts (mostly heart-shaped stuff) and go out for dinner. Oh, the wine is being drunk because our traditional holiday here is the day of wine so both combine very well
--
Mama to Albert
Old 02-15-2018, 02:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wore a red sweater to work ... does that count? ... we also had a nice dinner at home lobster/halibut.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
We don't traditionally celebrate this but it's so popular that shops and stores are bursting with heart-shaped chocolates and heart-shaped stuffed toys, red flowers, etc. Restaurants also have Valentine's lunch or dinner proposals.
^^This. But I did buy my husband some chocolates, and then he bought me some chocolates, and he also bought me this which is so totally cute!

Old 02-15-2018, 06:26 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

we do not celebrate Valentine's Day at all, so it was pretty much a regular busy day for us . me and my husband have an anniversary on Feb 10 though so I had a wonderful day four days earlier .
Old 02-15-2018, 08:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pretty much the same--cleaning and scrapping. I also wore a red shirt.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We didn't do anything for Valentine's Day, even though it was our 20th anniversary! My husband and I are going to go out on Sunday to watch Black Panther and probably go out to Outback (his favorite place). He wanted to do it tonight, but I don't want to go out when it's getting dark. I'd much rather leave the kids home during the daytime rather than the nightime. So Sunday it is!

The oldest passed out Valentine's to her friends in school. The middle watched everyone pass around Valentine's and the youngest has no clue it was even a holiday!
Old 02-15-2018, 06:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Worked until 2:00pm.

Picked up my daughter and took her for her checkup on her foot at the children's hospital.

Picked up KFC on the way home (the tub has red on it...does that count? LOL). IDK why but my kids love KFC.

Just another day in our house.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband got last minute tickets to the Utah Jazz vs Phoenix Suns game so we went to that. His work has fabulous seats all over the arena, including a few box suites, so we enjoyed seats that were 2 rows behind the visiting team. We also enjoyed a great dinner before & dessert during halftime. It was so fun! We never go out on V-Day because it's too crazy. This was fun though.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:25 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Spent the day doing homework, IEP meeting, doctors appointment for one kid and Walmart run. I did find out I won a dozen red roses from a local florist, so that was fun. I made a lasagna, stuffed mushrooms, breadsticks and assorted chocolate covered strawberries for the family.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wrote "love notes" on some heart shaped doilies for each of my boys & Hubster and taped those up in their rooms. Hubster & I went out to lunch and picked up some healthy donuts (which turned out to be really gross and nobody ate them!).
Old 02-16-2018, 11:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It was just a regular Wednesday around here: school & work, then a quick dinner at Burger King (which is a nice quiet place to go for dinner on Valentine's Day!), dropped my daughter off at Girl Scouts, and then home for chores + getting ready for the next day.

I saw my husband for 10 minutes in the morning and then not again until 8 pm that evening. We gave the kids stuffed animals & candy, and my husband and I exchanged candy that evening.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

We were going to have lunch at Cheesecake Factory Restaurant that was just open last month, butttttt.... the queue was 2 hours long, so no way we were going to wait that long, especially since this is the first time we asked Lan's parents to babysit Michael. So, we went round to every restaurant in the same mall to find one with reasonable queue. We ended up in a Chinese restaurant that doesn't do anything special for Valentine. Haha!
We did enjoy our lunch and chat, though We planned to walk around after that, but because we spent too much time on looking for restaurant, we ended up going home after that.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
We were going to have lunch at Cheesecake Factory Restaurant that was just open last month, butttttt.... the queue was 2 hours long, so no way we were going to wait that long, especially since this is the first time we asked Lan's parents to babysit Michael.

We have 2 near us (one that’s been open for 10ish years) and they’re always 2 hr waits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 01:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't usually celebrate it but Charlie's school have been teaching him about it so he (my other half) bought me some flowers and chocolates and once my other half got in from work I made us a nice meal
Old 02-16-2018, 11:07 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
We have 2 near us (one that’s been open for 10ish years) and they’re always 2 hr waits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We were lucky enough to get in without queue last year when we visited Shanghai Disneyland.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

had lunch with my husband at red robin. he went to work. i made dinner for my parents. and then i went to bed early. not any different than a normal wednesday, to be honest.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My husband doesn’t celebrate big commercial holidays so we didn’t do anything. I felt bad though coz my kids got valentines from daycare and I didn’t even prepare anything. Although it’s weird to me to send a Love card to EVErYoNE. In France you only love one person when you’re in love so only one person receives a letter or gift. It’s just the definition of love is different I guess. We don’t say I love you to a lot of people. Not even our best friends. Anyway... getting off topic here... haha
Old 02-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
We were lucky enough to get in without queue last year when we visited Shanghai Disneyland.
Awesome!!
Old 02-17-2018, 03:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had to work on Valentines' day. I had to help out at the reception. It's one of my favorite things to do, so I didn't mind at all. I had to work hard, but it was so fun and totally worth it. So I had a great Valentines' day.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My fiance' took me out to dinner ... actually thought ahead and made reservations weeks in advance! (He's learning...only took 8 Valentines Days to think of it) ;-) We went to a place called Em Chamas which is a Brazillian Steakhouse. It was sooooooo good...if you have one in your area, I would recommend trying it. They had a wooden token on the table....you turn it over to one color and all the people with different types of meat on a spit would stop by your table and offer you the meat....all kinds like chicken spedini, different steaks--pork, beef, lamb, etc. and for Valentines Day they also added things like a lobster and shrimp tortellini in a sauce that was wonderful....and plank smoked salmon, etc.

So you can see the menu and what it is about, I am including a link to their website:

http://emchamas.com/