Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Can we talk Christmas presents?

This is sooo horrible, but I haven't purchased Christmas presents yet! EEEEP! I am kind of at a loss. There are a couple things I know they really want, but other than that I have no idea! So, what are your kids Christmas lists, or what have you already purchased? And what are your kids ages?? Here are what my kids want:

Gabe, 11 - Legos and/or a tablet of some kind
Ezra, 9 - Legos and/or a tablet (He kind of copies his brother lol)
Stella, 7 - Calico Critters/Woodzeez and/or American Girl doll (Kaya)
Jasper, 14 months - obviously can't ask for anything lol But I think I am going to get him some kind of electronic as that is what he always wants of ours lol

Other than that I have no idea! My kids don't get many things, only for Christmas and birthdays, and we don't have TV so they don't see commercials. That's good and bad...lol They don't ask for things constantly, but when I need ideas, they have no idea what to ask for LOL
Old 11-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am buying new games for us this year... Carcassonne, Zeus on the Loose, Clumsy Thief, Forbidden Island, No Stress Chess, and Castle Panic. Aside from chess those are sneaky math practice card games to help with school and the board games are cooperative, which I think we need more of as Ben (9) and Grace (almost 7) are very competitive and it's getting annoying playing with them!

Grace is getting some clothes (she wants them, which isn't at all like me when I was her age), a few barbie-type dolls, a stuffed animal, a few books, and art supplies like a new colored pencil set. My big gift for her will be a dollhouse. She is dying for one to play her Calico critters in.

Ben is harder to shop for. I plan on getting the next 3 Harry Potter books for him and other books on his wishlist, his own pair of flippers and new swim shorts, a carving set, some sort of fake gun like a nerf or sword, and I don't know... something else. I have to think of 1 more big thing.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No!

I haven't thought about it, don't want to think about it, and won't think about it... until December at least.

We usually buy some Lego but I'm hoping not to this year as our house is completely overrun with the stuff already!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
No!

I haven't thought about it, don't want to think about it, and won't think about it... until December at least.

We usually buy some Lego but I'm hoping not to this year as our house is completely overrun with the stuff already!
No Lego for us this year! They have so much. If they come out with new mini fig mystery packs (that are NOT the Simpsons) they might get a few in their stockings.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm planning on getting lucas some lego but NOT a set.. just a box of lego because he doesn't actually like building the figures with instructions he just wants to do his own thing.

Originally I had been thinking about getting a wii U as a big gift but I didn't realize they are as expensive as they are.

I bought Lily (almost 13 :O ) concert tickets today to go a show with my sister so that will be a christmas gift for her
Old 11-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ethan is getting an iPad mini, clothes, some video games and he wants new room stuff. He's 12.

Savannah is getting clothes and a room makeover. She's 9 but really into bigger girl stuff like her room, clothing, accessories and anything cats.

My oldest, Austin, is 18. He's getting clothes, headphones, movies, etc.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Crystal I saw Amazon has an Amazon Fire for 49 dollars now. And a kids tablet for 99 which is guaranteed if it breaks they will replace it.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have not shopped for my son yet. I dont know what he really wants. My daughter will be getting something turtle related, a bottle of perfume and a few odds and ends from the dollar store for her stocking. In the past I have always bought hher a turtle something or other. One year she fell in love with a necklace at Etsy. It was a quarter with a turtle and hibiscus cut into it. Another year it was a wood jewelry box with a turtle cut in the top, also a crystal turtle paperweight/knick knack. Im also getting her a picture frame. My son in law will likely get some cologne and I always buy him an Ax gift set. Probably some tools or something like that. I have no idea what Ill get my husband. I want a couple Pops, some perfume and my laptop to be fixed.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't buy for Christmas until December. DH gets a great bonus so we use that. Our girls won't be getting much. They already have so much & i'm still trying to "Konmari" (which i'm failing at, especially since getting pregnant). Rian's birthday is in the beginning of December & we want to give her some room stuff. We just separated the girls & I think she'd love to have some of her OWN stuff/decor.

For gifts, it'll probably be the Want/Wear/Need/Read thing. We'll do a few family things and then some more fun stuff in their stockings.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post

Ben is harder to shop for. I plan on getting the next 3 Harry Potter books for him and other books on his wishlist, his own pair of flippers and new swim shorts, a carving set, some sort of fake gun like a nerf or sword, and I don't know... something else. I have to think of 1 more big thing.
Boys are definitely harder!!! I am thinking about starting the harry potter books with one of mine this year as well!! I love them so much and want the kids to as well!

Nerf guns are always a good idea so I am glad you mentioned that!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I'm planning on getting lucas some lego but NOT a set.. just a box of lego because he doesn't actually like building the figures with instructions he just wants to do his own thing.

Originally I had been thinking about getting a wii U as a big gift but I didn't realize they are as expensive as they are.

I bought Lily (almost 13 :O ) concert tickets today to go a show with my sister so that will be a christmas gift for her
I had my first concert at right around 13!! I think it was my 13th bday actually! The Backstreet Boys!!

I feel the same about the Wii U!! I looked at them today and then nixed it. Maybe next year lol!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
No!

I understand! I am a planner though so even though the tree won't be up for a bit I have to space out the present buying and need ideas because I freak out easily haha!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Bonneville View Post
Ethan is getting an iPad mini, clothes, some video games and he wants new room stuff. He's 12.

Savannah is getting clothes and a room makeover. She's 9 but really into bigger girl stuff like her room, clothing, accessories and anything cats.

My oldest, Austin, is 18. He's getting clothes, headphones, movies, etc.
Aww those are all awesome and totally things I would want! My kids wouldn't like the clothes or room stuff. Which bums me out cause I would love that!! It would be like redoing the house and buying presents haha! Stella might like some accessories though! bags and I love an excuse to buy bags haha!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
I have not shopped for my son yet. I dont know what he really wants. My daughter will be getting something turtle related, a bottle of perfume and a few odds and ends from the dollar store for her stocking. In the past I have always bought hher a turtle something or other. One year she fell in love with a necklace at Etsy. It was a quarter with a turtle and hibiscus cut into it. Another year it was a wood jewelry box with a turtle cut in the top, also a crystal turtle paperweight/knick knack. Im also getting her a picture frame. My son in law will likely get some cologne and I always buy him an Ax gift set. Probably some tools or something like that. I have no idea what Ill get my husband. I want a couple Pops, some perfume and my laptop to be fixed.
Thanks for the Amazon tip!!! I love the turtles! that's so fun and such a nice tradition! I hope you get some pops!! I have some of those on my list too hehe!!!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
We don't buy for Christmas until December. DH gets a great bonus so we use that. Our girls won't be getting much. They already have so much & i'm still trying to "Konmari" (which i'm failing at, especially since getting pregnant). Rian's birthday is in the beginning of December & we want to give her some room stuff. We just separated the girls & I think she'd love to have some of her OWN stuff/decor.

For gifts, it'll probably be the Want/Wear/Need/Read thing. We'll do a few family things and then some more fun stuff in their stockings.
Omgosh..I'm failing at Konmari too! We need to help each other better...after christmas... *sigh* I did so good for a while!

I do the 4 things too! And then also Xmas Eve jammies and then a family gift or gifts on christmas even which is usually a movie, snacks and a game. then we can watch and play on Christmas Eve.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cheyanne is 15 and she really hasn't asked or told me anything. So far I've picked up:

Alex and Ani bracelet with an elephant (her favorite animal since forever)
Birchbox monthly subscription
Her school yearbook
A new big gym bag for basketball season in her school color with school emblem
A new coffee mug (she gets one every year)
DD gift card (there's a DD a short walk from her school and she and her friends walk there after school before practices a lot)
Books-A-Million gift card since she reads like crazy is always going there to pick out books

She won't get much more but I've been working a ton of hours the past month and will be right up until Christmas so I might spoil her this year with a Beats headset... she's wanted one every year but I haven't been able to afford it and she's always been so good about understanding me not being able to get her the big things... so I might just do it
Old 11-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Cheyanne is 15 and she really hasn't asked or told me anything. So far I've picked up:

Alex and Ani bracelet with an elephant (her favorite animal since forever)
Birchbox monthly subscription
Her school yearbook
A new big gym bag for basketball season in her school color with school emblem
A new coffee mug (she gets one every year)
DD gift card (there's a DD a short walk from her school and she and her friends walk there after school before practices a lot)
Books-A-Million gift card since she reads like crazy is always going there to pick out books

She won't get much more but I've been working a ton of hours the past month and will be right up until Christmas so I might spoil her this year with a Beats headset... she's wanted one every year but I haven't been able to afford it and she's always been so good about understanding me not being able to get her the big things... so I might just do it
Birchbox! That's a great idea. My 13 yo would love that.

I still have not figured out what to do for my 17 yo boys. They don't need any more electronic items and they usually buy whatever it is that they want anyway. I'm at a loss. I guess I'm going to have to think of some things that they need and find a way to make it seem like a gift, lol!

My 13 yo dd, she's pretty easy. I love that Birchbox idea. She's a big reader, so a stack of books or BAM giftcard will make her really happy. She did ask for a down comforter. Everytime we stop by F.Y.E she pulls out this Guardians of the Galaxy vinyl and then reluctantly puts it back, so I'm going to go grab that before it disappears.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've found it hard, only just really started buying. Last Christmas Keaton was only seven months, this time around he is 18 months and it will be totally different for him.

We are getting
Board Books
A Rocket toy with little compartments flashing light, sounds and little characters
Lego Duplo
A Pull along telephone (he loves to play with the phone)
An interactive number and letters electronic toy with lots of buttons
An interactive magnetic drawing tablet thing on an easel
And some puzzles and other little stocking fillers

But he will probably be happy enough with the boxes and wrapping paper lol! Excited for christmas this year and feel a little more relieved now I have a little list of what to buy. I'll probably get him some new PJ's and long sleeve t-shirts and no doubt he'll get spoilt by his Nana, Nanny and Auntie's

Old 11-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Don't feel bad because I haven't started yet either!! I feel like Christmas really is sneaking up on me this year and I just am not ready!!

I did get the boys to write out a list for me.
Ian (age 13) -- wants clothes (yes it is weird for even us but this is his first time in public school with no uniforms so I guess I get it), books because he reads as much as I do, the video The Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe because he read the book and he wants his own fit bit since I won't get him an apple watch, he wants Santa to bring him a personal segway thing that looks like a skateboard and he wants the new Halo video game.
Evan (age 11) -- surprise he wants more Legos even though we have enough to build a whole house out of Legos and he wants a Steam gift card so he can buy this video game he learned about at Space Exploration merit badge at summer camp, there are a couple of Lego Dimensions sets he wants and he wants Santa to bring him his own Beats headphones.

They always get a gift for the two of them too and this year they have asked for a Raspberry Pi so they can learn how to build their own computer.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ellie, 6 - really wants Disney Infinity (which she may or may not get depending on whether we buy a PS3 for her & her brother to share), Lego Friends, & a Doc McStuffins vet playset. She is obsessed with Minecraft (and video games in general) so I'm trying to steer her away from more electronics (as long as DH doesn't decide to buy his son a PS3 for our house). I haven't bought anything, but I am going to get her Legos, a few arts 'n' crafts sets, at least one Christmas Beanie Boo for her stocking, 'Frozen' (can you believe we still don't own that movie?!), and whatever else tickles my fancy.

Nate, 18mo - I think his big Santa present is going to be a kitchen playset as he loves to play with his sister's teasets as well as the cooking utensils in our kitchen. He also loves hats so I will see if I can find a baseball cap small enough for his head. Obviously, he doesn't care so I will just buy him a few toys and see if he ends up liking any of it.

Tyler, 13 - It is always super tricky to buy him things since he is not with us all of the time and has several gaming systems, a phone, etc. etc. at his mom's house. He has asked for a PS for our house, so we'll see what happens. Otherwise, his big gift is usually an experience like tickets to a game, etc.

All three kids always get an ornament in their stocking and Christmas jammies. The littles are coordinated and wear theirs for Christmas morning pictures.

We also celebrate St. Nicholas Day so the littles will get new shoes that morning (which I count as part of their Christmas presents) that they are then 'required' to wear while they do a service project. Of course, Nate is too little this year, but Ellie and I are going to be bell ringers for the Salvation Army as this year's project.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For anyone with kids 8 or under, I highly recommend straws and connectors! I bought a set off amazon probably five years ago and my kids still play with them

We are gifting the kids with a trip to Florida (2 days at Universal and a day at Disney), so I'm pretty excited about that!

My 9 year old is dying for the Mario Maker game.... problem is that it's only made for the wii u and we don't have one Of course, we have an older wii and an xbox, but that doesn't help me. I had hoped to find a refurbished one, but the prices just haven't gone down enough.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbella77 View Post
Omgosh..I'm failing at Konmari too! We need to help each other better...after christmas... *sigh* I did so good for a while!

Yes! I'm thinking January's a good time to jump back in. It'll be so cold and I'll (hopefully) be nesting haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

For me! one of each please! http://bydawnnicole.com/2015/10/the-...creatives.html
Old 11-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I've got 4 to buy for. Smokey, Tiger, and Tilly are all 5 and Charlie is 2. I'm getting them a gigantic Cat tree, although they probably would be happy with just the box it comes in. I know my cats aren't kids, (at least that is what their piano teacher says), but I still spoil them! Actually they are all rescue kitties so they are all just happy to have a home, love, and food.
>^.^<
Old 11-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinawalsh View Post
I've got 4 to buy for. Smokey, Tiger, and Tilly are all 5 and Charlie is 2. I'm getting them a gigantic Cat tree, although they probably would be happy with just the box it comes in. I know my cats aren't kids, (at least that is what their piano teacher says), but I still spoil them! Actually they are all rescue kitties so they are all just happy to have a home, love, and food.
>^.^<
Hahaha!!! This made me laugh! What a good kitty mommy you are, spoiling them so! <3

Old 11-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Nicholas (9) has on his wish list: Jurassic Park bluays, games for his Xbox and Nintendo DS, Ripstick, some books, Minecraft Stop Motion creater, Crayola Sketch Wizards, feetie jammies and tons of Legos. He has tons of Legos, but he loves them. That's his list for family.

What I bought him is: Lord of the Rings and Avengers bluays, blank notebooks (he loves these), 3 DS games, tons of books, a Star Wars suitcase and the Lego Dimensions video game. I still need to get a couple stocking stuffers and the Star Wars Blade Builders that he wants from Santa. There's tons more books he wants, too, which I am normally great with, but he has such a stack of books waiting already.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have already started buying. I just need to know what they want from Santa to finish my list because one will be their Santa gift and another will be something they want.

Carrie 8- Inside Out DVD, books, some clothes, the board game Labyrinth, a make-up kit (so they stop getting into mine), Christmas jammies, and then the two gifts and stocking stuffers.

Molly 6.5- Home DVD, books, some clothes, the board game mouse trap, a make-up kit (so they stop getting into mine), Christmas jammies, and then the two gifts and stocking stuffers.

Since they are so close in age they often get similar gifts.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesmom View Post
...the board game Labyrinth.
We LOVE this game. It's a family favorite. We can all play it, Grace (6) is often the winner.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
We LOVE this game. It's a family favorite. We can all play it, Grace (6) is often the winner.
That's good to hear. I bought it on a whim and on sale at Target. We are trying to flesh out our game collection because my girls want to spend more time with us.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids are spoiled rotten.... I know it's my fault, so when it comes to years like the past few where money has been extra tight (and even more so this year) it's been hard to keep the holidays as "normal" the way they've known it as possible. When I was a kid Christmas/Birthday/Easter were the "big ones" where we got stuff and were spoiled and I didn't change that with my boys.

The boys are 13, 10 and 8. and the little ones all look up to the one(s) bigger and try to be just like them, so even though I still have a young one they all are mostly the same... video game addicts. I don't mind it, because they are not the Stereotypical gamer addicts, BUT it does make me forget sometimes just how young they still are on the ODD chance they do play with something else (which is very rare, and not entirely their fault and we've been pretty much living out of boxes the past three years they don't have much space to get into anything. With that said, I am trying to be different this year.... I have been bargain hunting like crazy for a while so they can still have a big Christmas on the cheap but without losing quality.

All the boys will have a few things in common - Minecraft Lego, Found a great deal on nerdy gamer t shirts that are different that those in local stores so it's something different, 1 video game, they always get new jammies, and I'm getting them a combined gift (a table top game - settlers of catan).

Then individual stuff
Xavier (13) - he's a computer nerd, and I like to teach him new things (like graphic design, and building websites and coding... he has gotten into making and editing his own youtube videos so it's not all "play" so I found a cool Minecraft Stop Motion animation kit, he needs a new headset/mic to do his videos, and I'm working on getting him to tell me something non gamey....

Robbie (10) - he loves to cook so every year he gets a new "maker" I'm thinking maybe a pizza one, or a food dehydrator (this year in 4H his foods projects focus is on meat so he really wants to make his own jerky!), I got him the wilton cake decorating board so he can practice his borders and different tips (he's crazy about perfection!!!), and the other day he said he'd like the actual board game of life (YES! something fun that's not electronic! yay!!)

Preston (8) - He likes to Art Journal with me so I plan to get him some new art supplies, .... other than that I am at a complete loss for what to get him. I don't want to waste money on toys because they don't play with them, but at the same time I hate that he's only 8 and isn't still into them :S So I have my thinking cap on for him as well.

and Santa is bringing the Lego Dimensions game for all 3 of them.... something they have all agreed on that they'd like to have.

So yes, LOTS of bargain hunting needs to happen to make it all come together.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post

I've fallen behind in my KonMari effort too! I did great over the summer... anyway, we don't buy until around December either AND since the goal is to get rid of stuff, not bring more crap into the house, I doubt we will do much in the way of presents.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas is TOUGH for me these days! When my kids were little it was EASY. I bought a year in advance and always had just the thing they wanted. Not anymore! Ha!

Declan just turned 10, Caitrin is 13. I have NO idea what to get them. Last year they each got an iPad mini for Christmas. Caitrin also got a new bed for Christmas last year and Declan got a PS3.

There is nothing they want at this point. There is nothing they need. There is nothing that is catching my eye. I am tempted to just do a little get-away for Christmas instead of presents. We are kind of tossing around the idea of a trampoline. This is a tough decision for us though as we are also kind of tossing around the idea of becoming foster parents and (in our area at least) you can't have a trampoline and foster. Caitrin could possibly use a better phone, but hers works for now and she got in trouble with it so it is locked down tight and she can only call her dad, myself and my work. Kinda makes getting her a better phone useless for now. Maybe for her birthday in June.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We also usually do some type of game. My favorites are old standards: checkers, chess, Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, trivial pursuit. I tend to gravitate more towards games which require skill and thinking over just plain old luck (with a few exceptions). They also get the kids to unplug sometimes for an entire day which I always loved. And bonus all of those games are relatively inexpensive.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for all the info guys! I appreicate it sooo much! I have gotten some ideas for new games and things and thought of a few things I hadn't before!!

Jessica, i am the opposite with games! I much prefer games of luck so then I feel like I have a chance LOL!
Old 11-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

It is funny how many of us all have kids about the same ages.

I actually bought my first couple of Christmas presents today because hubby was home for Veteran's Day!
Old 11-12-2015, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cole (6) camo bed set plus curtains, tablet, a smell good set (he's starting to smell like a boy), bath paint for the tub for his stocking (mainly for when I have to get him to take a bath with his brother), Nerf bow and arrow, and a set of late chevy trucks. Then he has also asked for a camo alarm clock & watch.

Cade (2) big blocks, wooden ABC blocks, a race track that stands and is his height, paint for tub, and I can't remember what else I have. I will probably grab him a few more small things.

It's hard because, everything Cole likes cost so much. Like he really wants an XBOX and I don't think he needs one at his age. I told him when he gets ten we will renegotiate that one. He wants the shooting game and I just think he is too young for that type of game. I don't mind the nerf guns, guns, etc.

I think five gifts is plenty for each child. My husband however never got toys as a child and tends to over do gifts A LOT!
Old 11-12-2015, 02:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post

Kristin this might be something for Lucas. Don't know how much you're planning to spend though, but this thing is awesome and I want it myself. Lots of white and clear blocks with no manual and he can build to his hearts content

http://www.lego.com/en-us/architectu...tecture-studio
Old 11-12-2015, 02:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I've fallen behind in my KonMari effort too! I did great over the summer... anyway, we don't buy until around December either AND since the goal is to get rid of stuff, not bring more crap into the house, I doubt we will do much in the way of presents.

It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one to fall behind! It's a big thing to take on. I did good before I got pregnant, then fatigue and morning sickness held me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2015, 08:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a set amount of money I spend on each kid, Harper, I didn't do the budget for him, just the same amount of gifts.

Keira is 10, she's getting a Wii U game (Splatoon), An Art set in a case, a Pokemon book & a how to draw Pokemon, Lego Elves Set, Scrapbook Stuff, a Polymer Clay Charm craft set, Spirograph, a Target Our Generation American Girl accessory set, an AG pet, small Karaoke Machine, an Ever After High doll and Project Mc2 Science set. She's at a weird age, like I had a hard time deciding if I should buy all toys, no toys, etc. So I did a combination.

Cooper is 7, I have one thing left to get him, The Mario Maker Game for the Wii U, he's getting a Kindle Fire 6 HD, Minecraft Sword that turns into the ax, Nerf Gun, Minecraft Legos, A How to Draw Comic book set with papers that look like comic strips, remote controlled Hex Bug, 2 Skylander Characters (for last year's game), Lego Chain Reaction Book, BB-8 Robot thing (from the Disney store), That's gross science lab.

Harper just turned 3, he's hardest because his birthday is in October. But he got a Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen Remote Controlled Car, Playdough, 3 wheeled Scooter, Mickey Mouse Duplos, Melissa & Doug Construction Worker Dress-up set, Pop the Pirate Game, TMNT Training Shell, Mask & Sword, Vtech Creative Write & Learn thing (it's like a Magnadoodle), New Spouts Campout Set and I'm going to get him some play food from that brand.

I love Christmas, probably spend too much, and I love toys! LOL! I always spend the same thing every year, but it's getting harder, Cooper's stuff is so much more expensive that Keira's already.

If you're looking for Toddler gifts, checkout the New Sprouts stuff, I got Harper a food playset last year and it's so nice! I wish this stuff had been around when the other 2 were little, that's all we'd have for the play kitchen.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=new+sprouts
Old 11-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That architecture lego is awesome!!!

I usually get my kids a set or two (small ones)... the two youngest like building them, my oldest can't fcous that much, he loves getting sets, just gets his little brother to make them for him LOL So I was also planning to get a classic lego box... I can remember my brothers and I spending hours playing with just bricks and building things on our own I would love it if they would do the same thing instead of always staring at a screen.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Our Christmas looks very different from most just because we are foster parents.

Christmas eve boxes - PJs, hot cocoa, new movie/book
Christmas day - 3 presents from us - 1. Something they want 2. Something they need (clothes, etc). 3 something for encouraging learning (example: swimming lesson certificate).
Limiting the list like this will hopefully facilitate careful thought about what kiddos ask for. Stockings - stuffers and a letter from us. The letter will have memories recorded and encouragement for the next stage of their life.

Of course, grandparents will spoil them. Lol... and my older kiddo may receive many gifts from the Angel Tree for children in foster care. He may not actually be with us for Christmas Since he'll be leaving our home soon, I'll probably get him a box of food, school supplies, and his own bible
Old 11-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, you guys are awesome. You buy so many gifts for your children, I guess they absolutely love it!
Here in this side of the planet, in my country we don't usually buy more than one item per person (be it a kid or adult).
I personally buy Christmas gift in December because money's never enough and I also wait to see if there's special offers for Christmas (well, usually not but whatever!).
I don't have kids but have two nephews (7) whose birthday is month and a half before Christmas and they get so many presents it's almost impossible to get something for Christmas they don't already have lol
The problem is even though they're twins, they like totally different stuff. One likes all sort of toys, the other likes NOTHING!!! He plays the piano and plays games on his tablet and that's it. He's super difficult to shop for. I love your PS and Wii ideas but my sister doesn't allow console games so I can't really buy anything that cool
Kristin, hey I saw some amazing things in the link you provided. I can see why you want them all I hope Santa brings all those beauties to you
However, I have one question -- does any of you buy gift(s) for DH?
I always buy my husband something (he's a techie so last year I got him a gaming video card which he LOVED) but this year I have no idea. I wanted to get him a smart watch but those are way beyond my budget
--
Mama to Albert
Old 11-12-2015, 01:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm really not sure what to get my girls (9 and 12) this year. Both have birthdays Oct/Nov, and I've usually used up all my gift ideas on that.

I'm thinking maybe we will upgrade to a bigger/newer trampoline - our old one is looking pretty small and tattered now. Other than that I'm not sure. My girls don't want for much. I'll have to find some filler items, like clothes, colouring felts etc.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
However, I have one question -- does any of you buy gift(s) for DH?
I always buy my husband something (he's a techie so last year I got him a gaming video card which he LOVED) but this year I have no idea. I wanted to get him a smart watch but those are way beyond my budget
DH & I usually either give each other $ and go shopping the day after Christmas or we get a gift for each other. This year, DH really wants a XBox One and I just can't justify it. I don't know what we'll do for each other this year. Last year, DH was upset with me that I didn't get my own stocking stuffers. Ha! I don't remember when I've ever done my own stocking. He completely forgot lol!!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I really try to encourage my husband to NOT buy me a gift. He is a terrible gift-giver, and whatever he buys is too small/out of season/not my style/not something I would ever use.

Two years ago, he bought me a chopper-dicer thingymabob that he used to slice up all of his summer sausage & cheese with, but I never used it. I donated it to Goodwill when we moved this summer. Last year, he bought me a winter hat with built-in earbuds (?!) that I can't use because the earbuds (which I hate as a general rule) don't fit in my ears correctly and fall out. Again, off they went to Goodwill. These are all things he gets from Walmart or Meijer so I don't feel bad chucking them.

My mother and MIL usually 'use up' whatever gift ideas I have for him so I usually end up getting him one or two small things or a GC.

We do fill up each others' stockings, and he can handle candy and socks.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, LeeAndra I know what you mean! That's why I usually tell him exactly what I want or give him a hint or two But you see, it's actually a good thing that he wants to buy something for you...it's just something with men and gifts -- they can almost never get the right thing
--
Mama to Albert
Old 11-13-2015, 03:24 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I'm finding it very difficult to buy presents that *I'm* excited about giving this year. My youngest son is 12 and wants a nicer tent than he currently has for scouting. Sadly, this is an expensive REI tent, so it will limit what else I can get him.

My husband wants the same tent.

Then my oldest son is a civil engineer and makes more money than I do, so he has already bought himself pretty much anything he wants. :/

I use to love picking out the perfect gifts for my family, but it's so difficult now and everything they want is boring. I've love some suggestions on guys that are hard to buy for!
Old 11-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby and I rarely get presents. IT's always sad and bums me out, but it is what it is. At tax time we usually buy something for ourselves.

I love hearing what you guys are planning on buying! It does help me sooo much!
Old 11-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

When it comes to buying gifts for each other - I would prefer not to because gifts isn't my "thing" it IS darcy's though -gifts is his love language - giving probably more than receiving so I've learned through the years that it's such an important thing for him to show his love by giving me something, he might not be the best gift giver out there but I know it's so important to me. I really regret past years where I took things back because of feeling bad about how much he spent etc
Old 11-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Julie that makes me sad for you!!!! I love picking out presents and things and being excited to give them to people! You can surprise me with presents to get it out of your system