Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2015, 02:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD - Comedians/Comedy Shows - 11.25.15

Do you enjoy comedy shows and/or comedians in general? Have you ever been to a comedy show? Who is your favorite comedian(s) & why?

If you don't enjoy comedy shows and/or comedians, why not? What kind or type of comedy show and/or comedian would there need to be in order for you to be interested or find it enjoyable?

I've seen Brian Regan before & I also love Jim Gaffigan.

My very very favorite are these, though. This one in particular makes me cry-laugh EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Kid Snippets: Blind Date
Old 11-25-2015, 02:09 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I was gonna say that we love Brian Regan! We've seen him twice, and we still laugh til we cry even on the bits we've heard before.

I think I love that he just has good clean humor. I'm not a prude, but we went to a comedy club back a few years ago, and it was just all filth. Nothing but sex jokes and profanity. I can handle that kind of stuff, but I really prefer just a good clean comedian that doesn't have to sink to that level to get a laugh.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Brian Regan performed at DH's company Christmas party a few years ago. He was pretty great!

When I was 16, we traveled to Minneapolis and one night we went to a comedy show that was hilarious! I don't remember who the group was but, as cousins, we STILL talk about that show and it was 12 years ago. So funny.

I like to laugh and joke at the crazy things in life so comedians are great. I don't listen to them all the time though. FB posts are pretty much it lol!
Old 11-25-2015, 02:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like clean comedy too. Tim Hawkins and Chonda Pierce are my favourites.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jim Gaffigan & Brian Regan FOR SURE and for the same reasons... pretty much clean stuff. I can actually watch with my kids and not cringe. It was on of my ds's that actually introduced me to Brian Regan and I loved him instantly.

The kids went to see Tim Hawkins a few years ago and won a DVD and that man is REALLY funny to me. Some of it is annoying to me (all the faces, that kind of humor can get on my nerves) but overall very fun.

There is another guy who I only hear snippets of on Dave Ramsey's shows. His name is Michael Jr. and he is also very clean and funny. I should look him up on youtube.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like comedy/stand up... but my favorite are dueling pianos sets!! The first time I saw them were when we were dating at a bar in Milwaukee...

Deuces are Wild performed for my insurance company events for members only, last year... they were awesome! http://wildpianos.com/
Old 11-25-2015, 11:29 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I love comedy and stand up. I mostly visit Dutch comedians though. Although I saw some international ones at a few festivals and I really enjoyed those too.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like comedians a lot. I like clean comedy as well for the most part. I am okay with some adult humor but profanity for the sake of it, makes me turn it off. My favorites are the Blue Collar Comedy guys, Jim Gaffigan, Jeff Dunham, Tim Hawkins, and Gabriel Iglesias. I have seen Paula Poundstone, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy. If you own the Blue Collar Comedy Tour DVD, you have seen my mother, her friend, and myself as an audience reaction, because they filmed it in Phoenix when we went.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was never into comedy shows but on a whim I went to see Kevin Hart in Las Vegas and I thought he was hilarious...way more funny in person that shows I'd seen. I've now been to both his shows in Vegas.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sean and I went to see Steve Martin & Martin Short this spring, that was AMAZING!

We went to Chicago last year and wen to the Second City and that was pretty awesome. I'd love to go to more comedy shows.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been to a comedy bar once, it was just so funny I can't stop laughing to every jokes thrown. Sometimes when I remember that night I still find myself smiling because of the fun experience.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

never been to one live. I love Adam Sandler, Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall. Greatly dislike Ron White. Larry the Cable Guy can be funny but some things just arent that he does. Henry Cho made me laugh so much. It was so unexpected for him to have such a southern accent. I dont mind the occasional sex joke or profanity but I prefer it to not get too raunchy. Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall remain pretty clean in both categories as does Henry Cho. Adam Sandler can be bad but not always.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When we go on cruises, one of our favorite activities in the comedy shows they put on every night... Sometimes we will go to three right after another.

One time we saw Ron White... His sound system was absolutely horrible. Comedy isn't funny if you can't hear it.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My sense of humor is very sarcastic. I don't find a lot of things funny that most people do, so most comedians are not at all funny to me.