Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Weight Loss Inspiration Thread 4/15

Hope no one minds I start this week.
So we spent all day outside play sports. Then tonight I did my first Zumba class. You ladies should try one! Its amazing!!!! Its virtually a dance/aroebic class. It was an hour long straight threw. It was intense for a first time. I am still slightly bloated from AF but hope when she goes the weight does too! (one can dream)
My other big goal I drank more water/gatorade than I did coke today! 3 to 2 [This is huge to me! I live on coke.]
So how is everyone doing?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I'm new here - but can I join this conversation?
I lost 20 lbs on W.Watchers, and have been semi-maintaining since last June. I'm still about 30 lbs. away from goal, but I've lost that "fire" to keep tracking... I'm tired of tracking my food! Had a small chocolate breakdown this week (those darn Hershey miniatures!), but have been to the gym twice this week for hour-long cardio workouts and will be back tomorrow so it's a fairly good week, is suppose.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am back on the weightloss wagon, I lost 68 pounds last year, and want to lose another 40 this year. Now that Spring is here, I have my motivation back and have been walking everyday, and joined a gym this week.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've heard lots of good things about Zumba. Maybe one day I'll be able to try it. I ran yesterday & this morning. Yesterday I was having a bit of a emotional/hormonal day. Found myself eating a bunch of Scooby Doo graham cracker sticks. Those things are good.

Jenn, good job on the daily walking
Old 04-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Well done ladies!!

This week has sucked for me. I did yoga on monday, which was good (and wow did I feel it on Tuesday! LOL!) but I did nothing tuesday or wednesday. I took today off so I just finished up my run and good lord was it a hot mess. Not running for 5 days is clearly no good for me, lol. But, it's done and that's what counts. I'll be doing nothing again tomorrow, but will do something on saturday. Whether it's running, or golfing, or yoga, or pilates. But something.

Food has not been my friend this week. I've been really good this whole time worrying about the test and not stress eating, but I was a stress eating mess this week. I probably won't be able to eat anything tomorrow though, lol.

I'm trying not to get too down on myself about it all. It was just one of those weeks, and next week will be better.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been off program 2 days in a row (yesterday and the day before). I'm going through a really stressful time with my divorce, and the way my husband is behaving, and so I have seriously jumped off the bandwagon.

I don't even know what to do... :/

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just did my second WI and I lost another 2 pounds! Total loss: 4.4. I'm hoping to be out of the 190s next Thursday. Very excited but I need to get better about exercising.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

this week has been really stressful for me and when i'm stressed i eat...all the wrong things...last week i skipped my weigh in but i'm going today no matter what the outcome...i know if i keep putting it off i will just continue to spiral out of control...

btw...i've seen people doing the zumba class at the gym and it looks like fun but i think my gym only offers it in the mornings and it would be 50 people in that room...
Old 04-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thats awesome Jenn!!!

Col - getting back on track is the important thing. Good job keeping up the exercise, you had every reason in the book to not this week!

I really on started for serious on Monday. I've gotten up at 5:20 3 days this week to get my exercise in and I'm eating right. I forgot how good it feels to feel like I'm the one in control. WHY do I forget that so easily and eat garbage??

Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a friend who teaches Zumba and I know a couple of people who go regularly. They seem to really love it. I think if you like to dance it's good but I'm not sure it's really my thing, haha. The music seems pretty fun though.

I did pilates for the first time in forever on Monday and OMG, my abs were so sore. I could barely even sit on the couch without them hurting. I'm going to attempt it again today, hopefully it'll be better.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

{{HUGS}} to all the girlies having bad weeks..I've had an extremely bad week but for whatever reason, instead of taking it out on the cookies, I've been taking it out at the gym and I've done an hour of hard core cardio every day this week So I'm happy about that at least!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I made it through another Restore the Core class today. I am not going to be able to walk tomorrow, I'm pretty sure! Eating is going ok - I've snacked on a few more gummy bears and lemon bars than I should have, but nothing like what I was doing before really paying attention to how much I was eating. And I've been really good with my water intake and only drinking one sugared drink a day (either a cane sugar coke or else my Starbucks chai tea soy latte). I'm still trying to figure out how to exercise regularly with two kids. I may just insist that DD ride in the stroller for 20 minutes while we walk around the neighborhood every morning until it gets too hot to do that. We've been going for walks, but they're not aerobic by any stretch of the imagination. I still get a little exercise, I guess, because I have the 17# baby on my back and my thighs are tired after a while.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today is the first day the sun is shining like like 2 weeks...with no wind, or rain...YAY!

Just got back from a long walk (well longest I've taken since having the baby, since I'm not technically released from the surgery yet)....pushing 2 kids (30#'s each) in the stroller & the 9.5# baby in a front pack...WHEW...

& We'll be headed out to clean up flowerbeds after lunch.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I love the pilates DVD that I have Lynnette. I'm gonna get back to working that in along with yoga and the running. I always feel REALLY good after pilates, and really sore, lol!!

I totally got checked out by a hot dude today while I was driving around doing errands. If that's not a pick me up, I don't know what is! LOL!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I have a friend who teaches Zumba and I know a couple of people who go regularly. They seem to really love it. I think if you like to dance it's good but I'm not sure it's really my thing, haha. The music seems pretty fun though.
Ya know I thought I was crazy for even trying it! I'm not coordinated and not great at staying on the beat. I did pretty good though the instructor said for my first time. I didn't know the moves but tried my hardest to stay moving and keep trying. I'm feeling it today but refuse to let it slow me down. I have a ton of things to get done today!
I tried pilates and yoga, both didn't really work for me. We have three free Zumba classes on base a week. I figure those are good to help some what. I'm still doing my 1.5 mile walks almost everyday as well.

Col-I think sometimes we have bad times but we just have to remember that getting back on track is the only way to get better. And being checked out... way to go girl!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

This week has been really stressful for me too but I've been trying to hang in there. I started a swimming class at my local YMCA that I go to on Tues. and Thurs. and I've been walking/jogging on Mon., Wednes., and Fri. afternoons. I'm so proud of myself for doing some type of activity everyday this week since I HATE, HATE, HATE to exercise. My WW weigh in was this morning and I lost 3lbs this week!

I really want to try one of those zumba classes...sounds like fun!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty proud of myself. I had a lunch that was over my point allowance, I thought I was being ok but I didn't check until I got back to the office. That often sends me into a "well I might as well be bad for dinner". Instead I went home and did a second work out (and my kids joined me!) then had a really light dinner. I have too far to go to let myself fall back into those bad habits!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

good job, Lucrecia, for not letting one moment send you down the wrong path.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm keeping track of all my calories - trying to only eat around 1200-1300 calories a day. So far it's been going really well. Weighed in today - down 1.6!! woohoo! and that's with af so yeah - I'm pretty stoked lol

Old 04-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trixie Scraps Send a message via Skype™ to Trixie Scraps

I'm glad I found this thread and will keep an eye on it...

Last year, I lost 120 pounds in 11 months. I took a break which was only supposed to be for the holidays and I'm ashamed to admit I've gained about 15/20 of it back...

So, I'm going to get back on my program and start losing again. The hardest thing for me is exercise. I really hate it and can't seem to get to the point that I want to do it... at all :/