Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-05-2021, 11:26 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Long weekend in the states…

With this long weekend for us in the states, anyone got any plans? I am off from work and I plan to just relax at home. For those of you not having a long weekend, and with the weekend almost over, did you do anything fun? Tell us about it!
Old 09-05-2021, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We also have a long weekend here in Canada and we were planning on having the kids over for a bbq. Unfortunately we had to cancel when both my husband and I caught a cold late last week. It's been a coughy, sneezy, congestion kind of weekend for us but on the bright side, it's not covid!

Old 09-05-2021, 01:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have been camping (in a trailer) since Friday night. Heading home today even though it’s a holiday tomorrow - hubby has to work early so I’ll spend the extra time off cleaning up the trailer and laundry, relaxing from the weekend (the actual camping part is relaxing, all the prep and clean up not so much!). I’m hoping to scrapbook too once we get home, but we aren’t in any hurry to get going today.

Old 09-05-2021, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm enjoying my long wkend. I have been binge watching shows (Mom, Weeds), reading (finished The Last Thing He Told Me) and have been playing with the dogs a lot. I am heading out this afternoon to visit family and either later or tomorrow will bake some muffins and make salad dressing for the week. Not sure what we'll binge tonight.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:22 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My hubby was off all this week - but we didn't go anywhere. We did buy a new range for the kitchen...dual heat. So I was excited about that. We've had our eye on it for a while and it went on sale so he bought it Monday, it was delivered late Friday and he installed it Saturday. Took all day to install but I was able to make our supper on it - nothing fancy - scrambled eggs We had a glass top range previously, and after breaking the top 2x I said that was enough! I've only had 2 burners that were usable for about 4 years...so definitely not an impulse buy. I need to get a picture of it fully installed...I did get some of it in progress.

Either later on this afternoon or tomorrow I'm going to do my nails. I do them every 2 weeks - not sure what color I'm going to do though. Not ready for fall nails since it's still so hot here, so I'm thinking something summery still. Not that they are summery right now - deep dark black red metallic.

And do some scrapping! That's a must.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Relaxing mostly. We did go to a small zoo today and then out for early dinner. Now just relax the rest of the night and tomorrow. Back to work Tuesday

Old 09-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Relaxing here...Today was church and lunch with the fam. Tomorrow we are having my son's girlfriend over for a late lunch and hanging out. I made a dessert for us and got a small cheesecake that she likes as well.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

In Virginia public schools that start before Labor Day need to give a 4-day holiday weekend (Friday to Monday), so the kids and I had 4 days and DH took off the extra day. On Friday we took a day trip and did some touristy things in a nearby town. Yesterday I worked all day, planning my class's virtual Back to School Night and doing homework. Today we did a family movie at home and I held my BTSN. Tomorrow I have more homework and the kids have me lined up to help them with a few things. Most of the days have also included at least a little scrapping time!
Old 09-05-2021, 11:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I’m returning to work Tuesday after being off for over a year due to medical reasons so today was organizing my closet, getting my stuff ready and just kind of soaking up my last days off. Tomorrow morning I think I am headed to the beach with Harlow, her BFF Duke, and his family
Old 09-05-2021, 11:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We hung out with some friends Saturday afternoon & today we played mini-golf & got ice cream at our favorite local place.

I'm hoping the kids and I get outside tomorrow morning in between chores before they get picked up by their dad. My boyfriend will be coming by after that, and we'll have dinner out on the porch before heading to the riverwalk before it gets dark.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had an extra day to do homework! LOL

We went out of town today, ate out, and bought the kids some clothes. Other than that, we haven't done much. My husband has, however, started mudding the drywall of the room that he started working on a year ago this week. It might come together soon!
Old 09-06-2021, 11:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No plans. Bianca has Tuesday off too!

Old 09-08-2021, 06:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My oldest and I went to the last 'food truck Friday' in the park Friday night (wish I'd gone several more times after seeing all the options!) and then out for rolled ice cream as he'd been craving that all summer. Saturday we chilled at home and went to my parents' for dinner (cabbage rolls!). Sunday I took the boys and my oldest's gf on a quick trip to Lake Michigan and then we had to be back in town to see the new Marvel movie (Shang-Chi) which we thoroughly enjoyed. And then Monday we went hiking for a bit and then to my bf's parents' for a cookout. With some nicer weather than we had for most of August, I tried to pack a lot in!
Old 09-08-2021, 07:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I drove 500 miles. Whew!
Old 09-08-2021, 11:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We were out at the inlaw's lake house Friday & Saturday, but it was also the end of training camp for our local hockey club & we host a player in our home every year- so we got our boy on Sunday evening. We had plans to go back out to the lake on Monday, but we were all pretty worn out & wanted a lazy day- it was wonderful!