Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-27-2018, 11:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default foreign currency & photoshop

I am working on a travel page and wanted to add a picture of the money we used. (Canadia) When i go to import the photo into photoshop it won't let me because of currency rules, anyone experience this? Any suggestion on how I can add a photo to my scrapbook page?

TIA
Old 06-27-2018, 11:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No suggestions, but this is so interesting (and a little disconcerting) !! I've never heard of photoshop rejecting a photo.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So Photoshop is policing your photos? Creepy!

Maybe try taking a picture of you holding the money to add other things to the photo so it doesn't look like you are making a counterfeit bill. You can always then try extracting it after it's been imported.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't heard of this either but I never thought to take a photo of currency.

I think it's a neat idea for when you've travelled somewhere and the currency is different (I must admit to being partial to our coloured bills, I just look for purple and know it's a ten, blue is a 5, 20 is green and 50 is red (which I never have, lol)).
Old 06-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My husband went to Canada last year and took a pic of him holding a 10 bill. I thought it would be fun to show the money in a page of his trip....I've tried cutting the pic to show only a little of the money but it still won't let me.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
I am working on a travel page and wanted to add a picture of the money we used. (Canadia) When i go to import the photo into photoshop it won't let me because of currency rules, anyone experience this? Any suggestion on how I can add a photo to my scrapbook page?

TIA
I would try another source. I just opened up Canadian currency in PS with no issues. Either that or take a screen shot. If something is going to be restricted, it doesn't surprise me that it would be currency due to counterfeit issues.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
My husband went to Canada last year and took a pic of him holding a 10 bill. I thought it would be fun to show the money in a page of his trip....I've tried cutting the pic to show only a little of the money but it still won't let me.
hmmmm, now you have me wanting to give it a try. Granted all I have in my wallet at the moment is a loonie.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:42 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That's so strange, I've never heard of this. Have you opened it in another program (like word) and saved it as a pdf to see if you can open the pdf in Photoshop and use the photo? Sometimes I have issues with photos not being able to be used and I just have to save it in a different program and viola it works! Don't know why, but it does that some times.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

that is weird! I"ve never heard of that, but it does make sense considering counterfeit issues.Hope you figure something out!

Old 06-28-2018, 01:58 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Um, wow! I totally didn't know this was a thing. But apparently, it's been a part of Photoshop since CS. The even weirder thing? Adobe doesn't make the code that blocks the money. It's made by a banking committee. The Adobe forum has more details on the currency block and suggestions.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I never thought of that and had no idea Photoshop could do that. I hope you find a solution. Let us know when you figure it out.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestcee View Post
Um, wow! I totally didn't know this was a thing. But apparently, it's been a part of Photoshop since CS. The even weirder thing? Adobe doesn't make the code that blocks the money. It's made by a banking committee. The Adobe forum has more details on the currency block and suggestions.
Thanks for sharing this! That is so strange. I wonder if it would block old money - like if you had a confederate bill, or old Chinese coins?
Old 06-29-2018, 10:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This article suggests opening the picture in another program and saving it as an illustrator or pdf file.

https://creativemarket.com/blog/adob...o-do-it-anyway
Old 06-29-2018, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I've had this problem - back in the day when I did Sticky Learnings with Heather Roselli, Photoshop had problems with US money - never tried other countries. I don't remember how I got around it for my printable. Or maybe I just didn't do that idea. haha.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

The same thing happened to me when I tried to copy some English pounds a few years ago. PS wouldn't even let me add a photo of the money in my layout. After doing some research, I could have sent a letter asking for permission, but that would have been too much time involved for just a layout. Plus, I was afraid that TSA would target me as a counterfeiter and not let me into England.