Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-27-2021, 11:35 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Ooohhh... all that food... makes me hungry (wait... it's 5.30 pm overhere...).

Anyway, we like to have a bbq-party when celebrating our birthdays. I love to do some salmon in a package with herbs and a slice of lemon. Delicious once done.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:44 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What food do you just NEED to have on your birthday?

I have nothing....we don't really celebrate my birthday, but my husband's who is the day after mine. Just like everyone else in the household, they get to pick their favorite meal and I make it for them. If we go out for dinner, they get to pick the restaurant.

We don't really eat a lot of sweets, so there isn't a specific cake that needs to be made. If I had my choice and money wasn't an option, I'd get a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake because they are the best!
Old 02-27-2021, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My birthday is next week .... YAY!!!!

The only food I truly have to have is CAKE! That's the one thing I believe all birthdays should have, so I always have to have at least a cake. Can be homemade or store bought.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:02 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeee View Post
For as long as I can remember I have always had a black forest cake on my birthday. 30+ years at least A couple of years ago I realised I am not enjoying it as much as when I was younger, so have asked for it to be something different. But it is so ingrained in everyone's minds that I still get treated to a black forest cake, no matter that I mention changing it every year!

Me too!! Actually, Black Forest Cake is still my favorite especially because its hard to find and I dont get it very often. A couple of years ago, I went home for Thanksgiving and almost got to spend my birthday with my parents (12/2) and my mom surprised me with a homemade one!

I also always eat Mexican on my birthday. I especially love traditional tacos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38. Seattle
Old 02-27-2021, 12:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When I was little we always got to choose the type of cake and my grandmother would make it - mine was always white cake with chocolate icing.

As an adult; we choose the restaurant and then go out to eat. Mine is normally Texas Roadhouse. Sometimes we will get a cake and others we don't.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm not super picky about what I have for my birthday - I just love not having to cook or clean up after. My daughter's birthday is a week after mine, so we typically combine birthdays and my mom hosts - I let my daughter pick the menu. One of my favorite restaurants to go to if we are eating out for a special occasion is called Barbacoa and it has a lot of higher end food. I love their grilled caesar salad - still dreaming about those amazing rosemary polenta croutons - they are not dry like most croutons - so different & delicious.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My last several birthdays we have spent at Maggiano's Little Italy. Ravioli with a pesto sauce, spinach and artichoke dip for appetizer and then stopping at cheesecake factory for dessert on the way home. <3

If we were to cook at home my meal has been roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and mac and cheese OR steak and cheesy potatoes. Yum!
Old 02-27-2021, 12:58 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh my! Every year my daughter asks me what I want to do for my birthday & I can never decide. What do I want to eat? Where do I want to go? Every year is different because I like so many different foods. Last year was beef chow fun (along with other dishes) ... other years -- steak at Outback; sushi from Osaka; grilled salmon made by my daughter; chicken & broccoli fettuccini alfredo at Appleby's ... it just depends on my mood. One year we went to Cheesecake Factory -- not for the dinner, but for dessert. I love cheesecake! I also love tiramisu ... so either one on my birthday makes me very happy.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:59 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

We let the birthday person pick their menu and then make it for them. Cake is the usual standard for dessert but it varies sometimes. Here is a cake I made a few years ago.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:21 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I don't really have to have anything specific. But I have to have my spice or chocolate cake with seafoam icing.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Like so many others, we let the birthday person choose dinner and dessert. Most of us pick a local steakhouse, but with them closing for good due to the pandemic this past year, I'm not sure where we'll be going in the future. As for dessert, we all want something different. Most of us want cake, but I have one child who would rather have pie or cheesecake. She doesn't like frosting.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:38 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Sushi and a chocolate mint cake. Yum.

Last edited by LRaeWoo; 02-27-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE seafood & a good crab boil! SO yum! For my 40th birthday we did have steak (for the nonseafood lovers) and tons of King Crab. SO good!
Old 02-27-2021, 01:56 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Happy Birthday to ME!

On my birthday, which is today, y hubby & daughter always get me my favorite dessert ever:
Old 02-27-2021, 01:59 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Every year my Birthday dinner request changes. Some of my favorites that I have requested multiple times are: Bacon wrapped grilled shrimp, Country Fried Steak, Ribeye, Snow Crab... For dessert I usually request some sort of apple dessert - pie, crisps, cobbler or my hubby's amazing vanilla bean cheesecake!
Old 02-27-2021, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We usually don't do much to celebrate me or my husband's birthdays. But if I had a dream favorite meal, it would be:

Lobster
ice cream (preferrably something with chocolate)

But in reality it would be tacos, pizza or just an everyday meal I cook. Maybe followed by cake and icecream (though I'm not a big fan of all cakes).
Old 02-27-2021, 02:05 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I love having arabic food for my birthday or going out to dinner at my favorite Japanese restaurant And birthday cake as cheesecake or a yummy flavor from Nothing Bundt Cakes.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to go the easy route and simply reply....

My favorite cake is Lemon Pound Cake! I have it for approximately 80% of my birthdays.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:17 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

As the main cook in the house, my only required food is something I didn't cook. Usually, this translates into dinner out!
But, I do request an Ice Cream cake:
Old 02-27-2021, 02:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Anything as long as I don't have to cook it! haha

Last year I was so bummed because I had to cook breakfast for my girls and lunch... Ben had ordered something for breakfast but it never came (or it arrived right after we finished lunch rather).

Growing up I had to have my mom make me a tarte tatin.

but I haven't made one in forever.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

If I can manage it, I like to go to the Keg just for Billy Miner pie for my birthday. Last year that didn't happen, as it's ice cream it's not take-out friendly and restaurants were mandated closed during my birthday month. I told hubby we need to go and have this ASAP when things open up fully!

Old 02-27-2021, 02:48 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I do not have any food that I must have for my birthday. But my dd requested lasagna every year. Now that she is in college, she made her own this year! She asked for my recipe and everyone loved it! This is not a new page, but you can see her pans of lasagna at the bottom. I'm so proud!

Old 02-27-2021, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Whether it's my birthday, my husband's, or any of my girls, the must have food/treat has to be sushi! We are not cake people so for dessert, our favorite is fruit tart from Whole Foods or Wegman's.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Chocolate cake! Candles are optional.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Usually I have to have ice cream cake for my birthday. This past year, I upgraded my cake to a Nothing Bundt Cake. Mmmmmm!
Old 02-27-2021, 03:59 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

A favorite Bday tradition is going to Olive Garden with my bestfriend and just enjoying some me time with drinking some cosmos and eating some chicken fettuccine alfredo
Old 02-27-2021, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ever since I was a little girl my favorite birthday dinner has been tacos and potato salad WITHOUT ONIONS!! Always without onions. And strawberry shortcake for my cake. My Mom always used Bisquick to make the shortcake and we'd put butter on it and pour milk over the top. So yummy! If we go to a restaurant my choice is the Crackerbarrel.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Honestly for me... my favorite birthday dinner is one that I don't have to cook! But give me a huge bowl of Tom Kha and I am set!!!!

April Passport
Old 02-27-2021, 04:13 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Even though I'm 50, my mom still makes me birthday dinner complete with dessert, and I get to pick the menu (she does this for my sister, my husband, and both my children as well). One thing that usually always stays the same is this amazing strawberry cake. The icing is made with fresh whipped cream and a strawberry reduction sauce. The table is also beautifully set and there's almost always a bouquet or some kind of centerpiece. For the birthday I'm sharing (#49), I requested fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, yeast rolls, and a seven layer salad. I also love boiled peanuts, so my mom had those set out as well for us to snack on while the chicken finished. And of course, there was the strawberry cake with chocolate dipped strawberries on the top!

Old 02-27-2021, 04:22 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Every year I have to have a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie for my birthday! I have a summer birthday so it is always the perfect season to find them for sale!
Old 02-27-2021, 04:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I always used to ask my mom to make her lasagna or stuffed pasta shells for my birthday dinner. This year we had Chinese, which was delicious. In our family our favorite birthday dessert for my mom to make is a chocolate clair dessert. It's quite simple but it's soooo good. We didn't get to have dinner with my parents this year but my mom made a pan of that dessert and dropped it off for me. <3
Old 02-27-2021, 05:19 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I can't imagine my birthday without a cake.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:45 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

in our family, the birthday person gets to choose where we go out to eat. When it's my turn, I generally choose a place that has steak. A good ribeye or new york with a baked potato dripping in butter is just awesome!
Old 02-27-2021, 05:50 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I'm not much a cake person since my Mom passed. She made wedding cakes and they were the best...honestly nothing has ever come close.

So my must-have on my birthday is always ice cream!!! My favorite is soft-serve custard dipped in chocolate...yum!

Old 02-27-2021, 05:52 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My usual birthday dinner is chicken alfredo with broccoli and a strawberry dessert (cake or cheesecake)! This year I strayed from my go-to choices, and picked fast food and Oreo ice cream.

Olivia aka LivyBug | she/her | Creating for Laura Wilkerson & Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
Siggie Credits: Angels and Demons - Bundle by Laura Wilkerson and WendyP Designs, Font is Proxima Nova
Old 02-27-2021, 05:54 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I always have cheesecake on my birthday. No one in my family likes it, so its the one day a year it makes sense to buy a whole cheesecake!
Old 02-27-2021, 06:01 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Here's a layout I did with some of my favorite birthday menu choices. We also have a tradition of letting the birthday person choose the menus for their day.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-menus&cat=500

Old 02-27-2021, 06:19 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Since moving to NYC I insist that we go to Red Lobster for my birthday!! I know it's a bit basic, but we don't really get Lobster places in the UK and I LOVE Lobster.

Old 02-27-2021, 06:26 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

My kids always make me my favorite cheesecake topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream. So yummy! I always love it when one of my kids request it for their birthday treat - double the fun!
Old 02-27-2021, 06:34 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My birthday is in late May. I love Mexican food, so often we have that for my birthday. I'm not much of a cake person, especially since the best cupcake place ever closed in our town. I often make fruit pie or rhubarb torte with a meringue top for my birthday dessert. Yum!
Old 02-27-2021, 06:40 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks to my son we now have a birthday tradition in my house where we have a buffet of all the favourite foods of whoever's birthday it is. For mine I have to have fettuccine pasta (like the chicken Alfredo from Olive Garden), a bbq sandwich from my favourite bakery, caramel glazed doughnuts, strawberry cake, lamb samosas, pepperoni pizza, lobster, potato salad, sesame chicken with house special fried rice just to name a few, lol.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Each member of our family gets to pick dinner and dessert for their birthday. For my birthday, I usually just want to pick something eaten out or ordered in so I don't have to make it or clean up. My favorite dessert, however, is probably a brownie sundae at home.

The best birthday meal that I've made in a while was this lasagna for my hubby - completely delicious!
https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/lasagna/
Old 02-27-2021, 07:03 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake! I really don't care what the rest of the meal is (I really just like all foods hahaha) but we must have the ice cream cake
Old 02-27-2021, 07:43 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

On my birthday I always go out for dinner at a favorite restaurant. My must have food is always french fries and if they're fresh cut, those are the best.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for this fun challenge but it's difficult not finding all post yummy!
For my Birthday, I don't really look for certain food but usually, my sister makes me one thing I love and I always have a cake but I'm not too difficult about it.
Last summer, we had a lovely BBQ food and for me it was just perfect with lemonade and strawberry cake for dessert.
I did a layout about my sister with the BBQ meat skewers:
Old 02-27-2021, 07:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love good food and we love dining out on special occasions. My favorite Birthday food depends on where we are and if it is just my husband and I or the whole family. Love housemade Spinach and ricotta Raviolis from Cusina Toscana in SLC! Love good sushi from Takashi in SLC and of course a good hot chocolate or chocolate dessert or some fresh made ice cream!

Old 02-27-2021, 08:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love dirt cake. I know it's because of my childhood; my mom, who hates cooking and baking, made one for my 10th birthday. She even bought (and washed first lol) a plastic flowerpot and "planted" fake flowers along with the requisite gummy worms. Anyway, even as an adult I want dirt birthday cake. DH, who is a fantastic cook and bakes wonderful concoctions, thinks I'm bonkers but he still does it.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:28 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I don't really do anything or want anything special for my birthdays. I have always asked for items that I needed for my home and food has always been what I was feeling like doing that year.

I can say that this is my favorite type of cake though and I linked the image to take you to the recipe.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:31 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

White chocolate covered cinnamon bears! My fave!

Old 02-27-2021, 08:40 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Fish and chips at the beach is my fave birthday food. Luckily we live on a small Island where there is plenty of fish and chip shops and the beach is no more than 15 minutes in any direction, so this is doable no matter what day my birthday falls on.