Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Scary Bathroom Story

Parents magazine scares me. Honestly. I get it because it was a $1 and I am a sucker for a deal.

The scary story of the month was about a girl who went to a public restroom herself and got her finger stuck in the hinge. Instead of crying for help she pulled it out, severing it. OMG, I cannot image. Anyway, just passing that along so we can all go to the bathroom with our kiddos and stand outside the door making sure they don't loose a finger, or worse. This girl was older, elementary school aged. I just never even thought that could happen! Scared the poop outta me.

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July
Old 07-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Yoooooowchie! Poor baby! Scary...
Old 07-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We got our issue but I haven't read that part yet. Poor little girl!!!
I never let my kids go into a public restroom alone- my son is 6 and I just don't trust anyone. I can't let him in the men's room alone, there could be a crazy perve in there so I make him go in the ladies room with me.. I'll admit even if it's a 1-person men's room I won't let him go in there alone- too gross. He touches everything. Yuck- so I make him go in the ladies room with me, I face the wall while he does his business, then I don't let him touch anything. He's really curious and would get into everything. lol. But I'm trying to teach him the touch the handles with paper towel only tricks and all that anyway so I think it's a good thing I go in there with him. hahaha- anyway, enough of my blabber.

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

omg!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! What a scary story.
I appreciate it when public places have "family bathrooms" so I can bring my boys in there without worrying.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i watched that happen to a kid before...i was a kid too....i had nightmares about it for months.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i saw a kid practically cut off his finger with a pair of scissors when i was 8. i can still see it.

ugh.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
We got our issue but I haven't read that part yet. Poor little girl!!!
I never let my kids go into a public restroom alone- my son is 6 and I just don't trust anyone. I can't let him in the men's room alone, there could be a crazy perve in there so I make him go in the ladies room with me.. I'll admit even if it's a 1-person men's room I won't let him go in there alone- too gross. He touches everything. Yuck- so I make him go in the ladies room with me, I face the wall while he does his business, then I don't let him touch anything. He's really curious and would get into everything. lol. But I'm trying to teach him the touch the handles with paper towel only tricks and all that anyway so I think it's a good thing I go in there with him. hahaha- anyway, enough of my blabber.

Ha! Me too, still, with my 8 year old son - more scared of weirdos in the bathroom and it irritates me when my husband lets him just go off to the bathroom by himself if we are out to eat!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't want to scare you more... but I was at a Panera bread and a boy was in the bathroom alone. His finger got caught in the trash can hinge, and he lost it, as well.

It terrifies me completely. I mean, truly... terrifies me. I can still hear his shrieks just thinking about it, and it makes me want to cry, and makes me feel a little sick.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I was the same way with my son. If my hubby wasn't with us he went with me. The stories I've heard over the years..../shudder. I swear he was like 11 going in with me lol. Yes, family bathrooms are the best thing ever! Parents magazine causes me anxiety. Strangers cause me anxiety. Maybe it's just part of being a parent!

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July
Old 07-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That happened to my dd about a year ago in our local Pizza Hut. She went to the bathroom and all of a sudden we hear her screaming. She had gotten her fingers caught in the hinged side of the door, the door shut, and it was too heavy for her to open to get them out. Her fingers were all intact (thank God) but they were creased and bruised for several days. Scared the crap out of me.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I try to avoid all public bathrooms for many of the reasons in this thread!!! Most of my kids are at the age when I can tell them...you can wait (like if we are at wal mart or what not and only like 10 minutes from home)...it's usually just my 3.5 year old that sometimes has to go and honestly I try and get him to pee in a cup in the van first, just to avoid the public bathroom. I always loved when I was potty training someone cause I always carried a little potty in the van for them to use!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow