Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question Any dance moms out there?

We just enrolled our girls in dance for the upcoming school year. This is the first time our town has had an *actual* dance program - something beyond high school girls teaching a little cheerleading/tumbling/dance class the past couple of years through our rec department. Anyway, my oldest will be taking a combo jazz/tap class and my youngest will be taking a combo ballet/tap class. We need shoes, leotards, etc. The closest place that sells things like that - even Target LOL - is an hour and a half away.

Does anyone know of any online places that have good prices and good selection? I've done a search online and found tons of places, but I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion for somewhere that is tried and true.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

This is Abby's 4th year in dance but I'm no help to you as far as online as we get leos from Walmart and shoes from the studio. On tap shoes.. try to order them a half size or so bigger than you think you'll need.. I always end up buying Abby tap shoes twice a year which gets kind of annoying
Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, two pair of tap shoes a year probably does get annoying. Dang these children and their growth spurts. LOL

That actually did help - I had no idea Wal-Mart had dancewear online.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I'm lucky, right across the street from our studio is a dancewear store, I get their shoes, leotards and tights there.

Amelia's been in ballet 5 years, this will be her 6th, and Rae is just starting this year to see if she likes it.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I was going to say Target, Walmart, or Payless. Good luck in your search!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was a competition dancer for 12 years. www.danskin.com is definitely a tried and true site... they're the leading name in Dance Wear. Their online pricing is amazing, and the stuff is really high-quality. It's hard to wear danskin stuff out... I'd trust them with pretty much all my dance wear needs.

Other than that, Dancewearsolutions.com is pretty good, and was very fast last time we ordered from them.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 08-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had some Danskin leos that NEVER wore out... and she wore them for play and lessons. They weren't good for gymnastics though because they didn't stretch and move well enough, IMO. But since your girls are in dance, that opinion is totally useless

This is my dd's first year w/o gymnastics OR dance. Sob! She's lost her interest and I'm no longer a Gymnastics Mom.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i danced for 7 or 8 years. or maybe it was 8 or 9... it was a long time ago.

anyway. we only wore danskin leotards and tights. it was school policy (black long sleeved in the winter, black short sleeved in the spring, black sleeveless in the summer. and then ALWAYS pink tights). but the leotards last FOREVER. as long as you wash them properly. tights... were kinda disposable. my mom finally gave up and started buying them in bulk when she found a good sale.

as for shoes- i know that our payless has dance shoes. just an option. growing up, we had a dance "supply" store the next town over, and got all my shoes there. because it was easier and the payless wasn't there at the time.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When my DD was in dance, I got a ton of stuff from Dancewear Solutions. Last year, she didn't do dance, so it's been a while since I ordered anything from them (though they still send me TONS of e-mails all the time about sales and such)!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by color of my heart View Post
tights... were kinda disposable. my mom finally gave up and started buying them in bulk when she found a good sale.
Capezio tights are FANTASTIC and pretty much never get tears. I could wear a pair of any other tights and get snags after one practice, but Capezios could last an entire season.

They're a little pricey, BUT in the amount you pay for a pair of all of the replacements of another brand compared to what you pay here, you'll save money in the long run.

http://www.capeziodance.com/home.php

New Siggy Coming Soon