Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question Where are you uploading?

Besides here of course, where are you uploading layouts? I just uploaded a few CT layouts for the week and noticed that at one of the places I upload, most of my layouts only have 1 or 2 views. No big deal to me personally, but if it's CT work, I want it to have as many views as possible to get the word out for the designers. Just wondering what everyone else's experiences are and where the best open galleries are these days.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

MSA - average about 3 views
DST - average about 5-10 views
DSA - average about 5-10 views
MSS - average 1-2 views (which I think is just me clicking on them for linking back to my CT forums because the ones I don't do for cts get 0 views)
Club CK - I get a crazy amount of views 20+ usually
Scrapbook.com - I get a crazy amount of views minimum 20
2peas - I get a crazy amount of views there too - minimum 20
Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

And I always wonder how people at DST manage to get like 100s of views on their LOs ...

Looks like the traditional scrapbook world is a lot more willing to check out people's uploads ...
Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh... and I upload to the Digital Scrapbooking Gallery on FB... have no idea how many views I get there lol... but I'm loving that I can click "like" on them.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I upload at DST, DSA, MSA, MSS and Gotta Pixel. I get the random comment and about 7 views at DST. DSA, I get 0 views, 0 comments. Thinking of dropping that one. MSA, also 0 views, 0 comments, but GSO blog tends to use that gallery for their choices, so I continue. MSS, also very little views or comments, but there is the GSO there. Plus we are working on improving this part of the site. Its still a work in progress, so don't give up there if you are posting. I usually get 1-2 comments on every layout at GP. Then I also post at the store where I got the supplies I used on the layout.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I also get a lot of views @ SplitcoastStampers and Digital Scrapper (formerly known as Scrapper's Guide). Though Digital Scrapper requires a smaller file - under 125k.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I post here, DST, Scrapbook.com and MSS.

I got zero views at MSS, I get a few at DST (about 7 per LO) and I get a TON at Scrapbook.com
Old 11-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DST,Oscraps,MSA,sb.com,LYM,CCK,2PS,MSS

I've been tempted to drop a couple of them BUT... for me it varies so much from layout to layout. I have some pages that are really popular at one place but aren't at all at another. I try to up the odds, and not pay too close attention, I hate feeling like a big loser. l think at MSA & DST I only get views if I've had a Standout.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I post at SSD, DST, MSA, Scrapbook.com, 2Peas and occasionally Club CK.

I definitely get more views at places like 2Peas and SB than I ever do in the digi galleries. I really think digi galleries are pretty much dead at this point. Does anyone really browse them except for CT stuff? It doesn't seem like people use them the way they once did in the early days of digi.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i think you have to post at dst and msa so that you can get a gallery standout!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've gotten GSO from 2peas a couple times... I think some of them check out 2peas... but most of them were at MSA.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I upload to:

SSD
DST
MSA
SBB
DSA
LYM
SB.com
MSS

The only ones I don't link at are SBB and SB.com and *BY FAR* the galleries I get the most action at are those 2 galleries!!! The majority of my pages at SSB average 20 to 30 views and 5 to 10 comments!! I have gotten LOTD there 5 to 7 times and never with SSB products!!! SB.com is harder to tell but I almost always get 2 to 3 comments on each page and I just checked a few random pages on several different pages and the "views" were over 100 for all of them!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by mummytothree; 11-18-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
I've gotten GSO from 2peas a couple times... I think some of them check out 2peas... but most of them were at MSA.
If you're talking about the GSO blog, I can tell you that it partly depends on who is doing the picks for that day. Since each team member has a slightly different style of layouts they like (some tend to pick more fantasy, some more white space etc), everyone has their own go-to galleries. I can tell you that when I was on the team, MSA was one of mine, but I almost never went to DST or 2Peas even though I know other team members did. So a certain amount of it is just luck of getting your layout seen by the right person on the right day.

Last edited by Nettio; 11-18-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

can someone please spell out everything for me? I'm lost on some of the abbreviations. I know what DST (DigiShopTalk) and MSA (My Scrapbook Art). But what is MSS & DSA?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I upload to DST, DSA, MSS and sometimes MSA. I think I'll add Club CK and sb.com so thanks for mentioning those

What is SSB?

DSA = DigiScrapAddicts
MSS = MeSoScrappy

Old 11-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
can someone please spell out everything for me? I'm lost on some of the abbreviations. I know what DST (DigiShopTalk) and MSA (My Scrapbook Art). But what is MSS & DSA?
DSA - Digiscrap Addicts

MSS - Me So Scrappy
Old 11-18-2011, 12:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Okay, y'all have convinced me to start uploading to scrapbook.com.

I usually upload to DST, MSA, TDC, MSS, and whatever site/store the products are from.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, I didn't even realize Me So Scrappy had a gallery. Do a lot of people go there?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Wow, I didn't even realize Me So Scrappy had a gallery. Do a lot of people go there?
Yep, its pretty new, but that's where we take the majority of our gallery standouts from. We are working on somethings right now, so its a bit slow as far as comments and views, but we are working on it.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Yep, its pretty new, but that's where we take the majority of our gallery standouts from. We are working on somethings right now, so its a bit slow as far as comments and views, but we are working on it.
Oh I see. I'd been to the blog before but I didn't realize there was a gallery you could upload layouts to. Cool!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I post here and at scrapbook.com since I've been on there since the beginning. Years ago when they re-did their site, I lost all my paper layouts I had uploaded and didn't re-upload. So now that gallery is almost all digi.

Views there are sometimes 10 times more than views here.

I didn't even think about uploading to 2Peas since I mainly use products sold here. I'm an old-timer on there too.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Besides SSD (or Scrap Orchard, if a LO is for my CT there) I usually upload to DST and MSS. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that layouts in the peeks threads and on designers FB pages are the only ones leading to significant sales.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's interesting to hear about everyone's experiences at different places. Thanks for the info girlies!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe it is just me, but I have a hard time - meaning it is a PITA to upload to club CK. I find it just not user friendly. Did they change it?

I do DST, MSA, 2Peas, SB.com and here.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sczos911 View Post
Maybe it is just me, but I have a hard time - meaning it is a PITA to upload to club CK. I find it just not user friendly. Did they change it?

I do DST, MSA, 2Peas, SB.com and here.
No I have a hard time too. Which is why I only occasionally post there. Usually only if I'm in the mood to fight with it.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:22 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
I upload to:

SSD
DST
MSA
SSB
DSA
LYM
SB.com
MSS

The only ones I don't link at are SSB and SB.com and *BY FAR* the galleries I get the most action at are those 2 galleries!!! The majority of my pages at SSB average 20 to 30 views and 5 to 10 comments!! I have gotten LOTD there 5 to 7 times and never with SSB products!!! SB.com is harder to tell but I almost always get 2 to 3 comments on each page and I just checked a few random pages on several different pages and the "views" were over 100 for all of them!
You mean SBB right? Scrapbook-Bytes? I've been thinking about starting to post over there again cause I knew you got a lot of views. I'm definitely going to be changing my gallery line up in the New Year, but I'm not making any changes quite yet.

Right now, I do DST, LYM (Log Your Memory), MSS, SB.com, Club CK, and Facebook plus whatever site the product is from. I definitely get the most comments from SB.com and Club CK, although I still get comment here and there at DST. I hardly ever get any views OR comments at LYM or MSS, so those were the ones I was thinking of dropping. I'm thinking of adding 2peas to my line up and of going back to MSA, even though I hardly ever got any views or comments there either. If that's where the GSO people look more often, then I'll post my CT layouts there. DST has my most complete gallery, so I'll probably always post there, just to keep things together.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
You mean SBB right? Scrapbook-Bytes? I've been thinking about starting to post over there again cause I knew you got a lot of views. I'm definitely going to be changing my gallery line up in the New Year, but I'm not making any changes quite yet.
YES, I meant Scrapbook Bytes!!! Thank you Liddy!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I post here, DSA, LYM, MSS, MSA and SB.com. I might add SBB, though.

We're working on DSA w/ the praise team, so don't give up on me yet

I hate uploading at MSA since it's 1 at a time, but I do it. I rarely get views and never comments there, only that chick adding to her favorites.... but then again, I rarely get them here either.

I get the most views and comments BY FAR at SB.com... I really don't get them anywhere else.

Last edited by kscwgirl; 11-18-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I think i need to start putting my layouts in other places after all the experiences you all have posted.

I mean really why post your layouts somewhere if no one ever looks at them?! It's not doing any good to your Designer if they are not seen and wasting your time uploading them too.

Someone start a poll on this thread so we can see where the most views are at I think that would really help. Graphs are always easier to see then scrolling through all the posts.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

for CT duties, i upload to DST, MSS, MSA, TDC (digichick), my fb and my blog (eventually.. i tend to neglect my blog).

i upload to SSD when i use SSD stuff. which is rare now.. makes me sad that i haven't had time to scrap with SSD stuff.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Such an interesting thread. I post at DST, MSA, LYM. Used to at SB and 2peas, but posting at so many galleries is alot of work. Maybe I should try some of those others again to get more views. I agree with Lynnette that digi galleries definitely aren't what they used to be.

Another question... when you post at 2peas and SB, do you post in the regular gallery or the digi? I usually just posted in the regular, and had people telling me I didn't "belong" there! Anyone else?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

When I post at sb, I post in the regular gallery. There was a HUGE debate about it a month back and the boss over there said we were fine to post in the regular gallery and that no one should make an issue about it.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is really helpful....I am new to uploading in different galleries because of CT work. I just uploaded here as I use SSD kits/templates/fonts on every layout I make. This is my home.

But CT requirements....on MSS and DSA I rarely get any comments or views so I started to wonder why I upload there anyway. I think I will give 2peas and SB.com a try!