Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default PRINTING

What do you all do to print your layouts?

I print 12x12s at costco, and 8.5 x 11 at home-- i am frustrated though because there is always a white border around my pages. Don't know how to fix this!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do all of my printing at scrapbookpictures.com. I scrap in 12x12, but print in 8x8 and there's never a white border, nothing is ever cut off, and I don't do any resizing.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I use Scrapbooks Please

Their Standard Matte 12 x 12 prints are usually $1.99, but every once in a while they have a .99 sale...and they have one going on right now until July 15th...

This company offers different qualities and thicknesses, and these are great for just going in a book. I have ordered from them many times. I just wait until they have a sale and then order like 25 layouts or so at a time. I have never been disappointed in their service either. On your first order they send you a little sample pack of what each of their papers are like so you can see which type you like best.

Photoshop CS4
My SSD Gallery
Old 07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapbook Pictures here too. I've printed 12x12, 8.5x11 and 8x8 through them and the quality is top notch. I never do any resizing either. Definitely recommended.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I print bound books at Artscow.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've printed at Green Pixel Printing (the Canadian sister company to Polka Dot Potato) and the quality and colors are perfect. I sent a 12x12 and had them printed at 8x8, and nothing was cut off. I was very pleased.

I've also had a few pages printed at Costco, and have been happy with the results. There were a couple times where a few things got cut off, but I think I know how to fix that now.

Huge fan of:

Old 07-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another shout out for scrapbookpictures.com. Their quality is outstanding. Every page looks exactly as you scrapped it, nothing gets cut off or added.

Last edited by Joan; 07-08-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I print 8x8 at a local printer here. He does good work for me and only charges me 45 cents per copy.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

i print my books over at Artscow Just did 100-page one recently. That's more efficient and looks great.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I print an 8x8 on a 8x10 canvas (and put a bookmark at the bottom of the page so as not to waste the space) and print them at Sam's, and just cut the bookmark from the bottom and trim up (adding the bookmark to the stack ). We add the bookmarks to our stack that the boys bundle up and give away as Christmas presents.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I get mine printed in an 11"x11" binded book by Inkubook. They have AWESOME quality, and they're prices aren't that bad, really. You can get 120 pages (of the 11"x11") for $70. Pretty reasonable to me, especially since their print quality is the best I've seen so far!

I've had a book printed by Artscow a few months back, and was totally dissapointed after using Inkubook... my Artscow book went into the garbage (it was a free trial one anyway so I didn't waste any money) and I reprinted the same layouts with Inkubook. The Artscow book pages were way too saturated in color- the greens and blue-greens were way too bright and the faces in every single page (except b&w photos of course!) looked orange. There was also a terrible white border (very uneven at that) on every page though I followed the size recommendations that was supposed to prevent odd borders. So I definitely don't recommend Artscow at all- go with Inkubook if you print in a bound-book. (I don't work for them or anything, lol! )

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Last edited by rachaelsscraps; 07-08-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I have done scrapbookpictures as well, great quality sales often and a flat shipping fee!!! I also like shutterly books to give as gifts to others

Old 07-08-2009, 08:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Most of the time I go through Shutterfly... looking for the coupons. I, too, had a book printed at Arts Cow... it took over a month to get it! The binding was cheap and like racheal, the photos were overly "bright"...

For just layouts... I've used polka dot potato and scrapbook to share for 12x12... and I was pleased with the quality. For 8x8, I just do a 8x10 at Sam's Club. For 8.5x11... I go to a local printer.

Has anyone tried Viovio?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I have also used scrapbook pictures for printing the LO's page by page & have been very happy with the quality. I have printed a few books at shutterfly for my son but the binding doesn't seem to hold up very well.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was printing all 8x8 books through shutterfly, but I just switched to VioVio, its cheaper and just as nice. I did 8.5x8.5 with them.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i haven't printed any books - but i've printed hundreds of pages with scrapbookpictures love them! (i just have to wait for their sales!)

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 07-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've only printed once but I printed about 125 pages with scrapbookpictures and the quality was fantastic! No borders, nothing cut off, and the colors were right on! I need to upload and print with them again but I was hoping for a sale before I took the leap.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i just print my own 8.5 x 8.5 at home and I just recently found these great spiral bound albums at Michael's that hold a TON of pages.

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print at scrapbookpictures.com and I've used Best Color Online and Mpix, but keep going back to scrapbookpictures

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I've printed over 100 pages with Scrapping Simply (no affiliation w/ Simple Scrapper, just coincidence) and love them! The quality is perfect. I've got a coupon code on my blog too - simple2009 for free shipping on orders over $50.

Last edited by starxlr8; 07-08-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just ordered 70+ prints from Scrapping Simply and they turned out really well. This was the first time I've printed loose layouts, so I don't have anything to compare them too, but I like them. I scrap 12x12, but printed 8x8.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love scrapbookpictures.com !

Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
I get mine printed in an 11"x11" binded book by Inkubook. They have AWESOME quality, and they're prices aren't that bad, really. You can get 120 pages (of the 11"x11") for $70. Pretty reasonable to me, especially since their print quality is the best I've seen so far!
Same here! I printed a big 120 page book with both Viovio and Inkubook (and 100 pages of the same thing in a smaller size for grandparents at Winkflash) just to try and compare so I'd know where I wanted to keep printing. The Viovio book was nice, but the colors were a little muted - enough that they looked just a slight bit faded, and it was easy to see when compared to other prints. Other than that, though, the book was pretty nice. Winkflash wasn't bad, and they have some great flatate book sales that price-wise can't be beat. But I think I'll be going with Inkubook from now on too. I was able to find a 30% off code and got my 120 page book for around $50. They seem to run specials pretty often, and post them on their blog.

As far as printing single pages goes, I have to second Scrapping Simply. I probably printed about 50-60 LOs with them, and the quality has been perfect. I didn't have to resize any of my prints, and I didn't have anything cut off or borders added. It seems like they are the cheapest place that I found for actual photo prints (they print on the same fuji crystal archive paper that my Costco prints were printed on). They are $1.99 for a 12x12, but occasionally I have seen specials for 25% off, making them $1.50. (I don't know how often those will happen, though.)

I love the look of the single page 12x12s in an album, but after realizing that my 120-page bound books were about 1/3 the size of my 100 page scrapbook albums (with the single sheets in sheet protectors), as well as costing much less to print, I think I'm going to make the switch to only printing photobooks.

Whatever you choose, it's nice to know there are so many options out there!