Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Cool Thank you, Joss Whedon.

Fellow geeks? Are you out there? I want to know how geeky you all are... so I know that I'm not alone.

I saw The Avengers last weekend and my hubby and I can't stop talking about it. I am thrilled with this movie on so many levels! I've waited my whole life to see an action scene from a comic book come together like this one did in the end. My. Whole. Life. I used to get bored reading fight scenes sometimes, wishing that someday someone would make a cool movie instead. LOL!

From the moment I saw the preview for Iron Man with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, I was hooked. He was just too perfect. I was worried that Chris Evans just couldn't play Captain America after playing Johnny Storm--but he was perfect, too. Then I saw the trailer for The Avengers... and I got really excited. How funny is it that they have made all these movies with all these actors and then had to pull them and their egos into one movie... which was about pulling together a team of superstars super heroes and their big egos! I love it.

The chemistry was perfect. Every actor was perfect. The writing was perfect. The story was perfect. Has Hawkeye ever been cool? He is now! And the Hulk has never been portrayed so well. The entire audience died laughing when he pounded the crap out of Loki. Best. Scene. Ever. And finally the Black Widow got to do something other than try to look hot in leather. Ha! It was awesome...

If you can't tell, I totally loved this movie. I didn't grow up as an Avergers fan (X-Men and Spider-man all the way!), but I am now...

Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

We still haven't seen it but I'm hoping in the next week we can! You definitely make me want to see it!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I also loved this movie! I've always liked Joss Whedon and his stuff and this was no different. One of the funniest things was also when the hulk, without looking, just punched Thor out of the blue and sent him flying. Our whole theater broke out in laughter at that part too. I love all of the avengers and was so excited to see this. I so love Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark. His character is such a smart aleck and totally makes me crack up and I thought Mark Ruffalo was a fantastic Hulk.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

We saw it too...going in I knew it wasn't my type of movie but I LOOVED it...I know Sara (kscwgirl) is seeing it for the 2nd time this weekend so she's a fan too lol

I'm a HUUUGEE RDJr fan!! HUGE So glad he cleaned himself up and has made it in hollywood.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We saw it on Mother's Day - all 6 of us. I loved it and now want to see Captain America.

The night before my DH and boys all watched Thor, but I wasn't interested. So after the movie the next day I'm like "um...why didn't you tell me Thor was HOT? I would have watched it!" LOL
Old 05-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I went to go see it this past weekend, and we both loved it! I was completely clueless about this whole "universe" and didn't realize beforehand that this movie was connected to Captain America, Ironman, etc.. Now we plan on watching all of the movies that came before "The Avengers." These movies had never interested me before, and now I'm a convert!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Yep I totally loved it. I saw it opening weekend with JJ and we're all going to see it this weekend. HUGE fan of Robert Downey Jr... I have the most massive crush on him. I totally love him as Iron Man and can't wait for Iron Man 3.

Iron Man 2 on DVD was my Mother's Day gift.

I thought Mark was a good hulk, and I loved Chris Evans as Captain America. Loved the whole cast, actually.

Can't wait for Avengers 2... I'm really curious to see which characters they'll be pulling in.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My dh and I are big super hero geeks too (other than maybe the previous hulk movies). We saw Avengers this weekend also - so so good! I was afraid we would be disappointed and it would have too many visual affects and not enough intereaction between the characters - boy, was I wrong! My dh and I's favorite scene was the Hulk/Loki scene. Oh my gosh - we just laughed and laughed. I told DH that we would be owning this movie when it came out! Wouldn't surprise me if it stayed on top of the box office for another week. For those of you who haven't seen it, you are in for a treat!

Stephanie
Old 05-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ha ha! Stephanie, that is my favorite scene, too! LOVED it. I had to cover my mouth, I was laughing so dang loud. I was also afraid that it'd be all action. It was the story that made it. Ah! So refreshing.

See, I was bored with Thor. I thought that one was a little too "by the numbers." I wish there had been more story there... and it made me nervous that The Avengers wouldn't be any good. Now I'm excited for the next movie! Well, as long as Joss Whedon gets to work on it. LOL! He needs to do all the big geeky movies from now on because--dude--he gets it.

Now... if we could just bring back Firefly.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Loved Firefly too! It ended way too soon...

Stephanie
Old 05-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yea...this movie was totally amazing!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That scene with Hulk and Loki, the Hulk says his only line of the movie (as the Hulk) "puny god" - sometimes people are laughing too much to hear it.

My boys didn't like "Thor" that much either, but they don't appreciate the hotness factor.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I'm in the club here too...totally not my kind of movie, but we took my son and nephews last weekend and I LOVED it! I thought there was the right amount of action, humor and good plot. My BIL had not seen Thor so he was a little lost on the parts that were referenced from that movie, but we all thought it was definitely worth the 2-1/2 hours.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOVE Joss Whedon. He had my heart in Buffy and then later on with the Singalong blog movie. I actually have Firefly but never started it.

I love Avengers and had read an article that it was a breath of fresh air in the superheroes movies because it went back to WHY people love superheroes: because they want to believe in them and that they want to protect the earth. A lot of the other heroes movies (like Spider-Man and Christopher Nolan's Batman movies) do a sort of deconstruction of the heroes, which is awesome in itself! But I did love that Avengers was just straight-up such a cool movie
Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My son is a HUGE super hero fan, we went last weekend and it was really good. My son even went dressed as Thor, way too cute.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely adore Joss Whedon! We went to see Avengers tonight but sold out We ended up at Dark Shadows but will try again next weekend.