Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2013, 10:34 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default 5 good/ 5 bad

my friend has a rule for her son.. before he says something bad about someone he has to say 5 good things about them. You can work that same rule for your day right? except I want to say 5 bad things too ^__^

So what are 5 things that were good/you appreciated/your proud of/made you happy/whatever today and then 5 things that made you want to drop kick someone.

Good:
1. I altered a recipe that I thought was meh and made some amazing jalapeno cheesy dinner bread things.. (i don't know what to call them )with dinner tonight.

2. I found what was stinky in the fridge and dealt with it. This pleased me.

3. Ce wrote a sweet note for me at school that I just got in his weekly home packet. This kid is awesome.

4. Dinner cost about $12 dollars to make tonight and there's leftovers for at least lunch tomorrow, could probably stretch dinner too. Win.

5. The house stayed at a comfy 68 all day today.. It was pretty brr outside this morning and got a smidge too warm later in the day.. but the house maintained it's comfy and I'm going to enjoy this two week period of the entire year when this is possible

Bad:

1. Bf was a lunatic today and I legitimately considered drop kicking him.

2. Ce's teacher is giving him a nervous breakdown. I don't want to mama bear too soon, he DOES need to learn how to deal with situations but he seriously should not have just been in his room for an hour sobbing hysterically in preparation for tomorrow.. or upset every day I pick him up from school because of her screaming and general poopy mood. My patience is at near zero, and so is BF's... and she doesn't want to hear HIM yell at her.

3. I can not draw a feather. I keep trying. and it keeps coming out stupid. This has been going on for a month. I'm really stubborn and will continue to try... There's about 3295832085923085329852390 lopsided, dopey, ugly, silly, stupid looking feathers floating around on pieces of paper all over my house.

4. I have to re-wash like 6 batches of laundry. Why? because i'm insane. No really. I want to drop kick myself. I switched laundry detergent and it just doesn't smell right to me, so re-wash it goes. We're on batch 2.. at 11pm. It needs to get done.. because tomorrow there will be 3 new batches of laundry on top of it.

5. My leg hurts. Just one, so I should be happy. But seriously.. I'm contemplating removing it right now.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Good-
1. Nicholas had a great day at school and earned something new from the school store.
2. Nicholas had a great day at after school care, enough to have 3 different people tell me he had a great day.
3. He's been making friends at his new school finally and I love getting to walk up to get him and seeing him playing with people again.
4. I got caught up on the 8 People magazines I was behind on today.
5. I got to text with my cousin today a bit and dream about when I get to go visit her overseas in a couple of years.

Bad-
1. I am sick. I can hardly breathe. It's ridiculous.
2. The house is a disaster and family is coming in a week to visit.
3. I have to wake up early tomorrow on my day off to get kiddo off to school.
4. Even though Nicholas has been doing great in swimming lessons, she told me he is not going to pass just cause she thinks he's not ready yet. Gah! It's level 1. How well do they need to be able to swim in level 1?
5. We have about 5 over due library books laying around here. I cannot remember to return things like that on time.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good:
1. music teacher at school commented that I have "good kids"
2. taught a great jazzercise class this morning
3. had lunch with a friend
4. DH came home from out of town
5. DD did something nice for her brother... just because

Bad:
1. oldest son isn't loving his language arts teacher... I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but he likes everyone so I'm not feeling too optimistic
2. DD's favorite stuffed animal is missing, and it went missing while I was out of town so I don't even know where to look
3. son #2 couldn't stop whining when it was time to do homework
4. same son brought home a paper with a 70 on it - not a happy camper
5. I'm sore and I have to teach again tomorrow and the day after that...
Old 09-18-2013, 10:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aw La...I would totally be going Mama Bear on the teacher already. She's supposed to provide a safe environment condusive to learning, not putting the fear of God into the children.

Good:
1. I baked some scones today and they turned out good. Anyone that knows me, knows it's 50/50 with my baking ;D
2. I didn't have to work today.
3. Hubby came home from work early today to take the little one to swimming lessons for me.
4. I had a super yummy lunch that was healthy too. Followed by several chocolate biscuits. That's a double win, right?
5. Team New Zealand won another America's Cup race this morning. We only need one more win to take the cup home. Woohoo! The whole country pretty much shuts down during each race. Motorways, which are usually bumper to bumper at 8 in the morning are almost empty, and everyone is glued to the screen.

Bad:
1. Tired today because DD9 woke up at 3am with a sore tummy. I stayed up with her till 4am, then only dozed lightly till 7am.
2. DD9 home sick from school today. If she's not well by tomorrow (and it's not looking good at the moment), I'll have to miss a day of work.
3. I didn't get to go to the gym today. Seems I only JUST get back into a gym routine and something mucks it up again.
4. I don't really have anything else to add. Three is enough for today.

Last edited by jacinda; 09-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love this idea!!

Good -

1. I finished my kit with Jenn today, and it's fab if I do say so myself.

2. Jeff made us yummy drinks after dinner tonight (I'm counting this as a good even though the rum is making me a little woozy).

3. Chloe was SO cute all day today. She came out of her room saying, "Daddy! Woof Woof! Please?" (Her stuffed puppy was in her crib, and she wanted it out). I melted right there.

4. My Vitamix was returned today! There was a product recall, and I had to ship it back to the manufacturer to have the blade replaced. All is well now.

5. As soon as Jeff finishes his homework, we will be snuggling on the couch for a Breaking Bad marathon (Love Netflix!).

Bad -

1. PMS. Need I say more?

2. I won't be getting my solo kit finished before we head out for Arkansas on Friday. Not a huge deal but that means we'll be cutting our trip short so I can get home and work.

3. We were supposed to have a guy come look at our roof today, but he was a no-show. Grrrrr I hate when people won't even give you the courtesy of a phone call.

4. Jeff is being cranky as he always is before we head out on a trip. He's got all these things that he wants to get done before we go (unrealistic things), and it starts stressing him out when he realizes they aren't going to all get done.

5. Chloe didn't eat well today (or yesterday for that matter). We're supposed to be pushing calories, but today was just one of those days where no amount of coercing was going to get food in her body.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

La - I'm with Jacinda on the teacher thing. My little sister had a teacher like that for 1st grade, and it was HORRIBLE. My mom used to have to drag her kicking and screaming into the school. Mom says looking back now, she wished she would've done something about it. I hope the year gets better for ce!

And Jacinda - I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even know what the America's Cup was. LOL I had to google it after your post!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh Libby.............*shakes head*....
Old 09-18-2013, 11:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'll bite.

The good....

1. I got over 100 Happy Birthday messages on FB today..made me feel special.
2. I now have gift cards to spend at Old Navy and Starbucks to to aforementioned birthday...makes me happy.
3. My margarita at dinner tonight hit the spot.
4. My new puppy did not have an accident in the house at all today.
5. The weather is cooling down a bit here...love that!

The bad....

1. DD's math homework was lame today....mostly because I was stumped and I hate that.
2. I bashed my elbow on my Jeep door today...hurt like a mofo.
3. I have "mommy homework" tonight on my birthday...grading math facts is no fun.
4. I didn't get enough sleep last night so I'm exhausted right now.
5. Can't think of anything else atm...

Old 09-19-2013, 12:00 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Good:
1. I bought new boots today.
2. I ate a cupcake today.
3. I played at the park with Raegan today.
4. I am caught up on folding laundry. Woot!
5. iOS 7!

Bad:
1. My son's teacher apparently loses kids' assignments all the time and sends notes home asking parents to help their kids complete missing work. Except the missing work is stuff that was done at school and handed in at school . . . not much I can help with there, Mrs. Featherstone. Grr.
2. Too many people in this house need my undivided attention. I can never think straight!
3. I'm pretty sure I only get 20 hours in a day. It's not fair.
4. My floor needs to be swept and mopped . . . again . . . I hate that chore.
5. Once again, it turns out that I'm not perfect. Whaaaa?

And, just for the record . . . I have a pretty good life. All whining aside, things are happy here.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to start with the bad...
1. Last night I heard some hatred and lies about me from a family member and the sting of it really stuck with me all day
2. I woke up feeling faint and anemic from my freak of nature period. Sorry, tmi.
3. I was so tired from a restless sleep and bad cramps (and 1 & 2 above) that I pretty much stayed in bed most of the day
4. DH had to work late tonight
5. I was, in general, a bleeping bleeding emotional mess

The good...
1. My kids were very very well behaved today and so super sweet to each other
2. I actually had a great time doing school from bed and ended up reading the kids tons of books and snuggling with them
3. The conversations I had today with DH, my friends, and my mom were extremely helpful and made me feel better
4. We got to eat chick-fil-a for dinner ( with ice cream cones)
5. The kids had their Awana club tonight and I got to try on clothes at Target for 2 hours alone.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As you can see, our lives are revolving around football right now.

Bad:
1. Our football team lost...again.
2. K&K did not get to play...again.
3. I ate too much...again.
4. The dog was a pain...again.
5. My hair has about an inch of gray showing now.

Good:
1. The temp was cooler and I didn't sweat buckets at the football game tonight.
2. Saw a good friend at the game and got caught up with her.
3. K&K are good sports about not playing much.
4. Got some great pics taken down on the football field tonight.
5. K&K are doing great in school.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. My super awesome super supportive mom was really helpful to me today in struggling with my eye situation and doing my eye drops. She's AWESOME.
2. Dinner was sooo good tonight-- pulled beef sandwiches.
3. I started packing for my trip to the Duncan Hines Test Kitchen this weekend! I'm SO stoked to be going back!
4. I heard back from two local places that they're going to partner with me on some blog posts, and it's opening up some great opportunities for me.
5. My son mastered something on his Dr. Panda app that has been frustrating him for days, and seeing his excitement and joy about figuring it out was totally awesome.

1. So, my eye got cut open/scratched really badly the night before last and it HURTS. It's finally starting to heal, but OMG it hurts.
2. I had the trash all put away, ready to go out for trash day, and, right after my eye gets cut, what does my dog do? Rips it open and throws it allllllllll over the place. Ugh. So now one eyed, I was trying to clean it up, and I'm just so irritated with his attitude.
3. School picture day for our homeschooling group was today. It was one of those "sign up for a time, show up, and she'll take your photos." Supposing it's a pro photographer. She pulled out a fancy/big Point and Shoot (you know the ones that some people think are a DSLR because they're big, but they're not actually a DSLR? I can't think of the kind right now off the top of my head). Anyway, she pulls it out, gets my brother into pose, and snaps about 10 shots right there together of the same pose (a really awkward stance, his arm practically above his head), and then asks my son to come over, and gets frustrated that my 2 year old won't sit still and look at the camera long enough for her to snap something. She clearly didn't know how to work with kids, and using a P&S at a "professional shoot" is just.... killing me. Needless to say, we will likely be NOT buying a package from her and I'll end up snapping the photos instead.
4. My mom makes a big point of saying that we need to save some leftover dinner for tomorrow night because my grandma and I will need to eat it tomorrow (busy night prevents us from cooking, and they'll be away so it's just my grandmother and I eating it; Zach will eat something else). So what does my dad do? Proceeds to get two more heaping plates of the meat and leave LITERALLY less than a serving for my grandma and I to share. :rolls eyes: Guess I'm finding time to cook tomorrow after all.

5.... no bad 5 from me today!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 09-19-2013, 02:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'll play!

The good:
1. We started a new behavior/sticker chart for DS a few weeks ago, and after a rough start I think it's starting to help.
2. After a couple of over-emotional, cranky days, DD rebounded and was sooooo sweet today, telling me I'm the "best mama ever!" and skipping instead of walking.
3. Everyone in the family finally has clothes for my brother's wedding. A few alterations and shoes for the boys, and we'll be done!
4. I got to the gym and am finally starting to get back into a routine now that school has started.
5. I'm liking a layout that I was struggling with at first and have also been making progress catching up on PL.

The bad
1. I feel like I'm spending all my time on the unimportant but necessary chores (laundry, cooking, etc) and not getting to the less visible but more important things (following up with doctors, researching therapists, planning DS's birthday party, etc).
2. Even though he's doing well with most things on his behavior chart, DS still isn't making it through the day without a hitting incident most days. Grrrr.
3. I'm WAY behind on PL.
4. I'm very conscious that my youngest starts full day school next year, and it's making me sad. I like having her home with me after preschool.
5. I'm tired of struggling to lose weight. I'm very happy for someone in my life who lost a lot of weight recently, but I'm also a lot jealous that I've been working harder at it for a lot longer with a lot less progress.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Bad:
1. My head turned into a snot making factory during the night, and it all got stuck in my sinuses. My head has felt like it was going to explode all day.
2. I missed helping with swim class for Max today because of #1.
3. My husband said he'd come get Ariana and take her with him and the boys to get dinner & groceries. He so did not.

Good:
1. I have this really awesome helper who cleaned, did laundry & took care of Ariana while I rested today. I love that lady.
2. Joel did at least go pick the boys up from school, let them play on the playground & take them grocery shopping.
3. I used my sick day to make a list of all the PL catching up I have to do, and while the guys were away, I finished another insert.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yesterday, since today is too early lol

Good:

1. Eldest was not at work or college and got to come with me to youngest's volleyball practice and out to dinner afterwards. I have been missing her like crazy!
2. middle dd actually decided to put in some effort and stayed 2 hours after school for science help with her teacher!
3. Dh is adorable and I am so lucky to have him, he sends me lovey little texts even when he is busy at work <3
4. Had a nice morning out shopping with my mil and we did not even argue once lol
5. I enjoyed having some quiet time to myself and painted my nails for the first time in ages and enjoyed reading my book ... it's the little things!

Bad:

1. Not one person in this house of 6 can manage to wash a dish and both sinks are full and waiting for me to do now this morning... awesome
2. My blood sugar is WAY out of control and it is my own damn fault, I would drop kick myself if I could manage it
3. Though my dh is still lovey, he has been working like crazy the past two weeks and I am really missing him and feeling lonely and just want some damn time with him
4. Middle DD's science teacher is a moron and keeps forgetting to input a grade for something she made up from when she was sick... thus giving her her only B which is upsetting her because this is the first year she really cares and is striving for all As
5. My dog is shedding like a crazy mofo... there are tumbleweeds of dog fur rolling around and I vacuum EVERY DAY right and brush her every day.... I hate it!

That felt good! Lol
Old 09-19-2013, 09:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

good

1. I bought - sight unseen - a huge 5x3ft magentic whiteboard off Craigslist for $50 from a guy who lives 2 hours from here... the guy lives on the way to school for my FIL, so he stopped and picked it up for us and then brought it here... I'm sooo excited to have it in the school room!!!

2. I'm in love with my end tables... also from Craigslist... haha - I finally have big girl MATCHING end tables, coffee table and sofa table in my living room... and costed me a fraction of the cost.

3. I'm down 9 pounds since the beginning of the month... we are on the Paleo "diet" for the month to "reset"...

4. Kohl's shopping... good sales + 30% off coupon + $10 coupon = deep discount on shoes for hubby.

5. cuddle time with kiddo... even through he says he is a big boy...

Bad

1. paleo diet... I really miss dairy...

2. at 37 my body thinks it's menopause time... very soul crushing for me who has been trying to have kiddo number 2 for the last 5 years... so when things don't come on time and get my hopes up only to be dashed... it can really slam me into depressions - not cool, hormones, not cool!

3. kiddo's food allergies... he has been cool with most of his allergies and not being able to have those items... except for apples... it is his most favorite food and to find out that he is allergic has been so hard for him and there is a part of me that wishes we never found out...

4. Whiny kids... kid was a pill at Kohl's today...

5. scrapping mojo has been missing for a while... and photos are getting backed up...
Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

good:
  1. i finished our save the date cards. now to have them printed and start gathering addresses.
  2. i finally filled the dresser with our clothes, and emptied the boxes/baskets from around the room.
  3. wedding venue has been chosen and the deposit has been paid.
  4. i'm trying a new recipe tonight. the first new one in a few months, and i'm excited.
  5. it's library day! books are due today, and i'll get new ones. (is that weird?)

bad:
  1. we're meeting with our photographer tonight and i'm freaked out because the wedding planning has become real and stressful.
  2. i have no idea what to register for (because we are living with my parents and have limited space to store anything). and i feel guilty asking for expensive things.
  3. i think our shower is draining into the basement. i noticed a puddle last night under the pipe.
  4. my craft room is still a disaster, but due to the humidity, i can't be down there for long (health reasons), so i haven't finished it.
  5. the boy forgot to return his DVD's from the library, and i have $16 in fines to pay

Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ooooh how fun...

The good:
1. I got to go to board game night at my brother's house last night..Always a good time.
2. I'm making progress on my Project Life albums this week.
3. I have happy mail coming pertaining to aforementioned Project Life
4. I ordered new shoes yesterday..they should be here tomorrow.
5. The Fresh 20 - I've been following these meal plans for about a month now...couldn't be happier!

The not so good:
1. Our lawn. We bought a manual reel mower after we moved hoping to make it through the season..it wasn't so bad at first, then we got tons of rain and I couldn't get out there and mow for 2 weeks..it's been awful since then just trying to keep up. Definitely buying a power mower beginning of next spring.
2. Organization - I just can't seem to get organized in any aspect of my life, no matter how hard I try.
3. Bills. They. Just. Keep. Coming.
4. DH has 50% call with his new job...while I'm thankful he's working...it's a huge adjustment.
5. One computer family. We're used to being a 3 computer family. This needs fixed soon. It's already been way too long.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

based off this morning.

Bad
1. Our site techs are idiots
2. So our our customers who swear stuff is plugged in and come to find out when the tech gets there the reason you don't have service is because the power cord is unplugged.
3. My folks are coming to visit at 5p, I get home at 4p and the house is still a mess despite my cleaning it yesterday
4. Lunch has been postponed due to something that might be fixed in 10 minutes or 3 hours.
5. I was late to the gym this morning & was only able to get in half a workout.

Good
1. Because the site techs are idiots, I have a job cleaning up their entries in the database
2. Same with the customers. Keep being incompetent people. I need the money to remodel my bathroom.
3. My folks are coming to visit for a few day & my dad will get to see his grandsons play football.
4. Lunch, when it ever arrives, is sushi.
5. I was able to leg press 170lbs
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Good:
1. I joined a pottery class which is 1 day a week in the afternoons to do something for myself
2. I am finally exercising and feeling good not sitting like a lump all the time
3. Lucas has to move classes because of class adjustments and is happy about his new room because the toys are better
4. My daughter gets to do girl guides this year, wasn't able to last because of lack of interest/leaders so she is quite excited to be back in the program
5. We are going to see my sister this weekend and to a good friends wedding who I haven't seen in ages

Bad
1. Lucas still doesn't have a permanent teacher so hoping that when they do find someone it will be a good fit for lucas.
2. The floaters in my eyes are driving me crazy
3. I still need to work on better time management even though I have more time to myself now to work I'm still having a hard time getting everything on a schedule
4. Our house is messier than I would like it to be especially since we're going away for the weekend.
5. I'm terrified about a flight/trip I'm taking soon :P
Old 09-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

ok based off of yesterday....
bad:
1. Matt had to stay at work for a stupid training thing until 8 pm...he got home around 845 pm....oong day for him
2. Peyton peed his pants while standing at the computer playing a game (this is ongoing when he gets focused on something and forgets to go pee)
3. My dog ate the leftovers of a rotissire chicken and had the runs and needless to sya I had to clean it up :9
4. My middle son can't seem to find his glasses anywhere
5. haven't gotten my book money for school yet and my clases start Monday!

good:
1. Peyton has had 4 good days in a row at school (never happened all last year)
2. Got an adorable tooth fairy owl pillow for Abby
3. Working on my phtoography business
4. All my kids are healthy
5. I have been walking at lunchtime for the past 2-3 months
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good -

1. Tomorrow is Friday!
2. The new software update I tested @ work didn't ruin anything.
3. Our mortgage payment went down 50 cents. Hilarious, I know, but it didn't go UP?
4. Our new responsibility charts are working well and the kids are getting stuff done.
5. The kids got up without fighting me this morning which is always good.

Bad -

1. DH will be gone all day on Saturday and I'm going to miss him.
2. Middle school band.
3. Our new food service @ work is making me crazy (in addition to my tech position I am the cashier during breakfast and lunch)
4. Work will be crazy for me next week with student photos and M.A.P. testing.
5. The layout I tried to scrap tonight turned out awful.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Love this!

Good:
1) I bit the bullet and spent $15 on the iPhoto update hoping that it would allow me to view my photos... and it did! (My "new" school laptop had an older version than last year for some stupid reason....grrr.
2) Despite the full moon today, my students were quite well behaved.
3) This weekend is the first show of the new marching band season... can't wait to see my son and his friends perform.
4) I got a great night's sleep last night, after 2 pretty awful nights.
5) I SCRAPPED FOR HEATHER.... finally.

Bad:
1) I already feel behind in correcting, etc.... and it's only the second full week of school.
2) I am eating too much sugar.
3) I am constantly stressed about money and how to pay for everything.
4) Mediation next week.... a little nervous about the process but hoping that the divorce proceeds pretty quickly after that.
5) Soon to be ex-husband is bringing his girlfriend to the marching band show this weekend. Joyous. (He already has introduced her to the boys, btw. They are ok with her, and I'm trying to be supportive.)

Old 09-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

only good yesterday. Got to see my granddaughter. She is a trip. Although I am ready for her to be potty trained. I forgot how bad baby diapers can be. And apparently my gag reflex is more sensitive then it was when I had kids LOL

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
3. I can not draw a feather. I keep trying. and it keeps coming out stupid. This has been going on for a month. I'm really stubborn and will continue to try... There's about 3295832085923085329852390 lopsided, dopey, ugly, silly, stupid looking feathers floating around on pieces of paper all over my house.

Oh my gosh, how cute are you?? When I started reading #3 ( I cannot draw a feather), my face involuntarily scrunched up like when I see an adorable baby animal

Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogPaper View Post
Oh my gosh, how cute are you?? When I started reading #3 ( I cannot draw a feather), my face involuntarily scrunched up like when I see an adorable baby animal
hehehe.. i did finally manage to draw one i approved of.. So YAY. lol