Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Printer recommendations?

I've been wanting to get a multi function printer/scanner for ages, but never gotten around to it. I think now is the time. I would like one with a good scanner as I'm planning to use it to scan old pictures for my family history book project and I'd love it if I could also print borderless A5 pages for my planner.

I have a Canon printer (wide format) which I love, but it is huge and has no scanner function. I would love to stick with a Canon printer, but unless they have changed their thinking and now offer a printer which offers borderless A5 printing, I don't think it's a fit for me.

Anyways, what better way to pick the perfect printer, than to ask my friends who dabble in scrapping/printing, hybrid projects and planners. So here is your chance to help a fellow plannerd/scrapper out.

Do you have an amazing pritner with these functions? And would you please share your thoughts on it?
Old 02-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Have you seen the new Epson ones that have an ink reservoir instead of cartridges? They claim they have enough ink in them for 2 years!! I love my HP multipurpose but it costs so much to replace the ink cartridges so I am really thinking about getting one!

If you get one with a scanner -- get one with a feeder, it is so worth it!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
Have you seen the new Epson ones that have an ink reservoir instead of cartridges? They claim they have enough ink in them for 2 years!! I love my HP multipurpose but it costs so much to replace the ink cartridges so I am really thinking about getting one!
2 years with "average" printing. i looked it up a week or so ago, when i wanted to throw my printer out the window. if you do tons of printing like i do? it'll be gone faster. which is sad.

i've been contemplating a color laser printer. but i'll most likely end up doing a b&w laser and a color inkjet. haven't decided yet. i know i want a b&w laser, i'm just torn on the cost of toner for the color laser.