Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default BLOGS - WHY?

Someone asked me on a comment in a gallery if I did a blog about my scrapbooking that they could subscribe to ???

Very flattering but I was a bit puzzled about why I should have a blog when they obviously already see layouts in a gallery.

Also, what they would expect to see posted there - just a long line of layouts or something completely different?

If I knew what to put in it and set one up - who would look at it?

Does anyone here that isn't a designer blog about just scrapbooking and if you do - do you get many views?

Bit confused about the whole thing
Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

I never get views, lol. But I've been trying to post on mine anyway.

I used to try to blog. I'm just not good at it, so I just post my pages now, lol.

and I really, really, really need a new blog look. :|
http://epperson5.blogspot.com/

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a blog, but it's not maintained. It is a mechanism to help promote products and I know some gals do get quite a few views, especially if their blogs have an occasional freebie, etc ... I've seen some designers require their CTMs to have blogs.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I think its up to you if you feel like you have content for a blog. Some people use blogs as another form of social media to connect with people, a place to keep their crafting ideas and showcase their talents. Some people use it as a means to promote the products they use for CT. Blogging can be big business, some people are good at it and market it well and even go to huge conventions for it. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a blog for just scrapbooking... not sure how many views I get besides my parents... and the only reason I keep it up is for my parents since they don't have FB accounts and it's the only way they'll see it... and they really love my PL pages to keep up with what we've been up to

here's my scrapping blog http://scraphappyhippie.blogspot.com/
Old 08-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to blog my layouts for my family to see because they don't look in the gallery. They didn't look at my blog, either, though, so I stopped
Old 08-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I used to maintain one mainly for family but with Facebook now I stopped since they see it all there anyway.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have tried and failed many times at blogging. I do have a scrapping blog that started off as a blog for all my creative endeavors, but it ended up being pretty much just enabling for CTs. I don't get hardly any views, and I guess I see it as kind of pointless to post all my personal pages when I post them to so many galleries and FB and photobucket anyway. They are everywhere.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Ditto Kate and Tracy. I have a blog and I used to put my layouts there, but most of my family see my layouts on FB. And, I've kind of decided that blogging just isn't for me. I can never get into it enough to keep it updated. And, then it's just kind of pathetic. So, I'm done blogging.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I've had an active blog since 2005. It's another form of memory keeping for me. I do post my layouts once a week or so, depending on how many I have done. I post stories of my life, things that the kids have done/said/have happen to them, things I am thinking about, my 365 photos, etc.

It is really easy to set up a blog with blogspot/blogger.

I get anywhere from 40-100 views a day according to my stats, but only about 3-6 comments. As for who is reading it, I took a class called Blogging for Scrapbookers by shimelle, who also runs the Journal Your Christmas class every year. The bulk of my readers are from that class. I am also semi-active in a couple parenting/lifestyle blogging communities and get readers from there. And I read their blogs as well.

I really enjoy blogging.

This is my blog - Havoc & Mayhem
Old 08-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I used to maintain one mainly for family but with Facebook now I stopped since they see it all there anyway.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had a blog since 2005, but have been very sporadic with it. It's mainly just to tell some fun stories of my life/family. I don't put up a lot of crafty stuff, just occasionally, although this year I seemed to have put up more than usual. I revamped and renamed it at the beginning of the year: my boys don't eat pasta and I got views from the weekly thread here and then mine automatically posts to FB so I was getting views and comments from there too. Not a lot though.

My goal for this year was to blog once a week. I haven't updated since March.

Last edited by maryinaz; 08-03-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My blog is a little bit of a "catch all" I post layouts, updates on Aiden, pictures, my thoughts. I'm not sure how many views I get but I have a good number of followers. I know my Mom and Sisters look LOL

http://kimberlyamorris.wordpress.com/
Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sigh. My blog.

I have a blog that is just for me, totally separate from my Sugarplum blog. But I have a hard time updating it because I wonder if anyone reads it. Certainly they don't leave comments on it. I have things I want to talk about and post pictures of that would probably bore people to death on FB--so I put those things on my blog... because it's mine! I just wish I had more motivation to blog! I really do love it. I'd love to have one of those super cool blogs that's totally uplifting and inspiring... I just think "Why bother? You already have enough hobbies and who even looks at your blog?!"

I hate that FB killed blogs... great blogs are so cool, you know?!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I keep a page on LiveJournal, which is blog enough for me.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
And, I've kind of decided that blogging just isn't for me. I can never get into it enough to keep it updated. And, then it's just kind of pathetic. So, I'm done blogging.
This is me - a pathetic blogger I tried over the years but gave up long ago.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have one and probably just need to give it up. I update it only on rare occasions but have kept it in case I ever get a spot on a CT and need it for that. I think there are about 4 people who read it. Lol

Old 08-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by webseitler View Post
I hate that FB killed blogs... great blogs are so cool, you know?!
This. I used to blog before (I had a LiveJournal if anybody can remember what LiveJournal was), but everybody is over at FB now, so it stopped making sense with fewer and fewer people writing and commenting. I remember I was totally unhappy with FB in the beginning because it only allows short posts, and I actually never started being personal there. I blogged about personal things (to a filtered audience, I admit), but my FB is just for fun.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
This. I used to blog before (I had a LiveJournal if anybody can remember what LiveJournal was), but everybody is over at FB now, so it stopped making sense with fewer and fewer people writing and commenting. I remember I was totally unhappy with FB in the beginning because it only allows short posts, and I actually never started being personal there. I blogged about personal things (to a filtered audience, I admit), but my FB is just for fun.
I was on LJ, too! I moved to FB in the early days when a lot of my LJ friends made the jump.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by webseitler View Post
I was on LJ, too! I moved to FB in the early days when a lot of my LJ friends made the jump.
The world is small! I loved LJ! I used to be obsessed with making user icons and I loved how everybody's page was personal and different. And yes, I also made the FB jump at around the same time as people stopped LJ-ing and moved to FB. :-)

The great thing about blogging was that you could write long posts where you could really "think on (electronic) paper". I do miss it, but with FB and SSD I really think I have enough online presence, a blog would simply be too much now. :-)